Below is a collection of some of the ideas I have posted on this forum. I’ve gathered them into categories for ease of discovery. I have added unposted and unfinished concepts at the bottom if you are interested. I have spent a good deal of time here on the forums. I have enjoyed sharing my ideas with all of you and I hope ZOS is able to take a bit of inspiration from what I have given them over the past few years. ESO has amazing potential, we just need the creative and executive leads at ZOS to realize that ESO could be extraordinary.Ambient Environmental Concepts:
World Systems Concepts:
Character Creation/Progression Concepts:
Armor/Costume/Character Visuals Concepts:
Character Gameplay Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Incomplete & Unposted Concepts:Prostitutes Guild
Werewolf vs Vampire vs Nightguard
A support class with:Active skills
- Inspire: Raises Critical Chance on group for a period of time
- Tempt: Distracts enemies but they don't attack target
- Devotion: Causes an enemy to fight against their allies for a period of time
- Grovel: Ensnares an enemy as a follower for a period of time
- Night of Passion: Allows players to proposition players while in bars. They agree to a price, see an animation of a door closing and can log out. When they log back in they both get a buff and coin has exchanged hands. The buff amount depends on the skill level.
- Sweetalk: A chance that guards will let you off with a warning
- Distraction: Being near an NPC will allow them to be more easily pickpocketed.
- Allure: Gives the player the passive skill to get a percentage off of the asking price from specific merchants.
This wouldn't be a blatantly overtly sexual skill... and could include other support type skills. These were just my initial ideas.
This could require an additional attribute set to be added to NPCs: sexual orientation. A male Khajiit merchant might be attracted to male Orcs and if you are playing a male Orc and have the Allure skill, you just happen to get a percentage off of that specific merchant’s wares and are paid better for your items. The orientation would never be explicitly known to players and this could be used for a future update where players would be allowed to woo, court, and marry an NPC.
External Guild Tool
- Creation of the Nightguard Guild (Werewolf and Vampire Hunters)
- New skills specifically damaging to Werewolves & Vampires
- Day/Night buffs depending on "faction"
- Vampires buff every night - debuff during the day
- Werewolves buff at night, buff is more the closer to a full moon - debuff during the day
- The lack of buffs during the day for wolves and vamps make Nightguard essentially buffed during the day.
- Collecting Werewolf pelts and vamp fangs as regular daily quests
- Guild tool in the launcher for organization
- Guild Calendar
- Mass mailing
- Event creation and support (raffles and such)
- Guild "Crown Store" where guild leaders can buy items for real money with their guild logo on them to sell to members for gold.
- Grandmaster Accord would bring multiple guilds under one leader.
Advance Economies & Town Trading
- Guild ownership of in-game cities
- Guild leaders could set "tax" prices effecting income
- Guild sets laws, punishments & number of guards
- Guild Tabards around the city
- Guild gets to decorate the mayoral home
- Guild recruitment NPCs around the city
- Killing guards lessens the Guilds "influence" of the city.
- Guild V Guild battle by proxy through town guards.
More Immersive Cities
- Each merchant would have writs to complete
- Each town has quotas to meet
- If the quotas are not met the trade missions are not available
- Trade missions are escort missions, protecting a caravan from town to town
- Players could choose to loot the caravans instead
- If quotas aren't met and deliveries fail the economy suffers
- Lower economy = fewer items for sale, more homeless, more guards, and perhaps even things like piles of garbage around town and stores closing sometimes during the day
Infamy & Fame
- Closes down at night
- More guards at night
- Merchants that haggle
- Donating to Beggars
- More mundane tasks (rounding up chickens, sweeping, etc.)
- Varying laws with varying punishments
- Each town would have different laws and different bounty for breaking different laws
- Players would earn heat and bounty in each town for petty crimes (stealing & pickpocketing) which would raise local heat and bounty
- Local heat and bounty would NOT follow a player to another town
- Infamy and fame effect how NPCs react to you, prices, and services. Including being offered "special' rare items for a "hero", or being shunned for being a ruffian.
- Excessive petty crimes would earn points toward Infamy
- Major Crimes (killing NPCs, Attacking guards, running away from guards) raise Infamy as well as local heat and bounty
- Infamy follows players no matter where they are
- Petty crimes and Infamy can be paid with gold or with community service type activities (guarding a well, clearing rats out of a cellar, hunting down NPC criminals)
- The highest form of Infamy leads to jail time
- Jail can be it's own mini-zone with quests, objectives, and escape routes.
- Some nefarious quests might require a player be jailed to make a contact (or kill) who is in prison.
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse
Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository