The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get a City Isle DLC?

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't heard if we are able to access City Isle. I really thought that the IC update would see the removal of the slaughterfish from Lake Runmare to allow players to swim safely to the shores of City Isle. Perhaps this was originally the plan but some changes had to be made to keep players who do not own the DLC out of IC. This doesn't change the fact that there is quite a bit of land around IC that is ripe for adventuring!

City Isle would be about the same area of Bleakrock Isle and ZOS could still restrict access with the Slaughterfish. ZOS could simply toggle the Slaughterfish OFF for players who own the City Isle DLC and for ESO+ members. Or... ideally... this could be a "quality of life" update that is released free, but I get that the odds of that happening are just about zero.
AFvgLfc.png?1

There are a few caves that may or may not exist during this time and ZOS could add more. They would probably have to add a third sewer entrance to the west/south-west of IC. Perhaps north of Dzonot cave. These sewer access points could drop the player a little more directly under IC, bypassing the IC sewers. Alternatively, they could simply replace the entrances that players currently use.

Waterfront district could be a PVP town area with full town dynamics... but open to PVP.

Arcane University could be the birthplace of spell-crafting and spells could require special material that can only be found within the university's bowels, which, at the time of ESO, is congested with Daedric foulness.

There also seems to be remnants of some structure to the North-East of IC that could be an Ayleid ruin for players to run.

So, has there been ANY discussions about City Isle of which I am not aware?
Edited by Gidorick on June 15, 2016 10:37PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that they should restrict the main entrance of the city to anyone but the leading alliance (as they originally planned), but make it so that other alliances can enter the city (as well as their hideouts) by alternative means, such as swimming across the lakes surrounding the City.

Slaughterfish could be an option with this, to keep it sort of like how it is now, but they should lower the damage of said Slaughterfish and provide enough props in the lake so people can slowly but surely cross the lake.

Being able to stroll on the island, and enter/leave the city by a lot of alternative breaches/ sewer pipes would make for a fun infiltration game.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah wow, I'm surprised that this is not available now. I totally forgot about the actual isle that Imperial City was built on, lol.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit sad I couldn't visit the rest of the isle. I have fond memories of being attacked by mountain lions in Oblivion. Never lived...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering if ZOS has ever even mentioned it.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Not that I remember. I guess since all the land entrances to the city are destroyed anyway, even if you could get over there, there wouldn't be much to do. Adding a couple of those caves would alleviate that though.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Not that I remember. I guess since all the land entrances to the city are destroyed anyway, even if you could get over there, there wouldn't be much to do. Adding a couple of those caves would alleviate that though.

That's why I think they should just open it to access for free. Let all players run around City Isle. It would even make IC more enticing for players.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yolokin_Swagonborn, this thread asks that very question about the island around Imperial City.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could simply toggle the Slaughterfish OFF for players who own the City Isle DLC and for ESO+ members.
    Sure, IC owner takes scroll from keep/temple, runs to the lake and swims to the isle.
    Everyone else gets slaughtered by the fish ...

Sounds like a great idea!
    rolleyes.gif
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ZOS could simply toggle the Slaughterfish OFF for players who own the City Isle DLC and for ESO+ members.
    Sure, IC owner takes scroll from keep/temple, runs to the lake and swims to the isle.

rolleyes.gif

Yes,
    then he dances around the isle with the scroll because it will clearly be useful over there, right?
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rolleyes.gif

Well, at least that Argonian Passive has a combat application now :sunglasses:
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda had hoped the whole isle would have been opened with the DLC, and that the sewer entraces would have been on the isle, with a small jury-rigged plank bridge to lead there...

Would have been neat to have a few more dwelves to enjoy, and later they could add an "arcane university" mini-DLC, making that one a large public dungeon much like the IC sewers...

I also understand how they made the IC assess unrestricted so people in servers where one alliance controls all can still enjoy the IC experience. I'd have shifted that from "access" to "convineance" and just given those who control their keeps transitus shrine access to their factions IC base instead...

Oh, well. Maybe they'll refit something along those lines at some later time...
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #OpenTheCityIsle #ZOS #ootd #instagthatjoint

I really hope @ZOS have plans for the City Isle even if it's not looking quite so atm. I loved the City Isle since there are actually tons of things to do within the island's perimeter. At least that's the case in Oblivion.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on September 22, 2015 8:39AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed that this wasn't mentioned in the latest ESO Live. I wonder If I need to re-ask the questions to be considered for the next ESO Live... :confused:

rolleyes.gif

lol, well... perhaps it would be best if City Isle was simply opened to all players... and just lock the dungeons and whatnot behind the DLC paywall.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #OpenTheCityIsle #ZOS #ootd #instagthatjoint

I really hope @ZOS have plans for the City Isle even if it's not looking quite so atm. I loved the City Isle since there are actually tons of things to do within the island's perimeter. At least that's the case in Oblivion.

Do you think there could be some sort of interplay with Imperial City @Sneaky-Snurr ?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever make it over there?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever make it over there?

I seem to remember hearing about an Argonian making it over there at one point...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a youtube clip of someone boltescaping all the way across Lake Rumare to Imperial City Island. But it was made a loong time ago.
    Halcyon Black
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a youtube clip of someone boltescaping all the way across Lake Rumare to Imperial City Island. But it was made a loong time ago.

I think we saw the same thing...

IF ZOS were to add City Isle as DLC, I wonder how they'd keep players out.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.