The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Day ESO Dyes - a portable dye set concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is an idea inspired by a post from @Fartman asking about a dye tub to carry around. No TL/DR... it's pretty shot. :wink:

ZOS should sell Portable Dye Kits in the Crown Store that would allow us to carry three colors with us. Players could buy as many as they wanted and each would take one inventory slot. Players could change the dye colors of the Portable Dye Kits when they visit the dye station. This will allow players to dye armor they find out in the wild so they're not mismatched if they change their armor, or players could use these to change their armor dyes while out in the wild.
zz3Sh70.png?1
Players would set the colors and the pattern would be saved to the Portable Dye Kit so players wouldn't be able to use each color independently, instead, they would be applying the dye set when they use the Dye Kit in their inventory. When the Dye Kit is used, the players' cursor could chance to the three dyes to be applied, so the player will see the colors prior to application. Allowing players to name their Portable Dye Kits would be nice for organizational purposes.
AAPNlW2.jpg?1

When a Dye Kit is purchased it is bound to the account and a filled Dye Kit is bound to character. If a player empties their Dye Kit, they can then place that Dye Kit in their bank to use with other characters. The dye in the kits is not consumed when the kit is used, so dye will last in the kit until the player changes the colors of the kits at a dye station.

Thoughts?

Oh, and credit for the awesome title 100% goes to @P3ZZL3. Find his post below and 'awesome' it!
Edited by Gidorick on October 2, 2015 2:27AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be a waste of Dev time/resource's to implement when you can just go to town.

If i find gear, i hold off using it till i get back to town for the sole purpose of dyeing it right away.

Good idea but not worth it since their's plenty of Bug's that still need fixing.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a waste of Dev time/resource's to implement when you can just go to town.

If i find gear, i hold off using it till i get back to town for the sole purpose of dyeing it right away.

Good idea but not worth it since their's plenty of Bug's that still need fixing.

Waste of time? It would be a source of revenue. Probably a good one!

and... as I say in all responses of "more important things to add..." There will always be bugs to fix and the people that would implement this aren't likely the people that are working on bugs.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An additional use for this concept would be for specific special Dye Kits to be sold exclusively in the Crown Store. Like maybe each Daedric Prince and Aedra could have their own paint scheme that could be bought in the Crown Store. Aedra could be all pretty and shimmery and daedera could have dark undertones. Effects like iridescence could be sold too....
    Edited by Gidorick on July 9, 2015 2:18PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick OMG - for the love of all things forum wise...please please please change the thread title to:

The Day ESO Dyes

:D

p.s. I'm all for this :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    @Gidorick OMG - for the love of all things forum wise...please please please change the thread title to:

The Day ESO Dyes

Abso-freaking-lutely BRILLIANT! Done!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was instantly attracted to this thread based on the title. Well done.
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
  • Hogzknuckle
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »

The Day ESO Dyes

My day has been made. Nothing else matters.
    Edited by Hogzknuckle on July 9, 2015 3:32PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banky71 wrote: »
    I was instantly attracted to this thread based on the title. Well done.

All the credit for the title goes to @P3ZZL3 :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, looks much better now :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcn.gif
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was going to be a parody thread considering the title. But it's a good idea, portable dyes.
    Halcyon Black
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about constrictive criticism @Pman85. Why "no"?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The Day ESO Dyes"

I see what you did there.
    (Just be careful. I don't want you getting accused of layable or slender. ;) )

I suppose this would be alright. Question though: If you sneak attack someone in Cyrodiil while they have this out, would it force their gear to go all "Rainbow Bright meets My Little Pony?" That would be awesome.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 9, 2015 5:27PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not big on the idea of dyeing equipment I just picked up but it'd be cool if I could fill a dye kit with three colors that somebody really wants (but doesn't have) and they could use it to dye their armor. Red diamomd red is one of the best, I gotta say.
    Edited by NotSo on July 9, 2015 3:58PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    This will allow players to dye armor they find out in the wild so they're not mismatched if they change their armor, or players could use these to change their armor dyes while out in the wild.

Thoughts?

Won't work as expected. The Dyes appear different on different materials and even on different racial styles.I would need more dyes to choose from to be able to really match my armors. I could get close on some, but it would not be close on some armors I have seen.

This is why I don't even try to come up with pre made color combos anymore. I tried this and dye combos that looked good on one armor did not look the same on another one.

Edited by Nestor on July 9, 2015 4:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked D3 system of purchasing dyes as vials and the ability to apply them anywhere at any time. Seems like it would be a great addition to the crown store.

Maybe even new textures/patterns? Plaid, corduroy, sequencing? partially kidding here but :p
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    I'm not big on the idea of dyeing equipment I just picked up but it'd be cool if I could fill a dye kit with three colors that somebody really wants (but doesn't have) and they could use it to dye their armor. Red diamomd red is one of the best, I gotta say.

I considered the idea of selling full dye kits and the colors get "locked" when sold but wouldn't that kind of make the colors for achievements less special?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »

I considered the idea of selling full dye kits and the colors get "locked" when sold but wouldn't that kind of make the colors for achievements less special?

Yeah, I'm not game for having access to dyes I haven't earned. I shouldn't be wandering around in the emperor red - because I haven't (and probably won't ever lol) earned it. I'm game for being able to haul around dyes I already have though! I change my pets/mounts depending on the scenario, I'd probably change my armor color too lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be scrambling for my own dyes if it meant I could free up bag/bank space d:
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to use dye when I get to town, but it is ok for me to put things on before I get there.

Maybe my clothes don't match, but I just pretend I just came from a round of golf...
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This will allow players to dye armor they find out in the wild so they're not mismatched if they change their armor, or players could use these to change their armor dyes while out in the wild.

Thoughts?

Won't work as expected. The Dyes appear different on different materials and even on different racial styles.I would need more dyes to choose from to be able to really match my armors. I could get close on some, but it would not be close on some armors I have seen.

This is why I don't even try to come up with pre made color combos anymore. I tried this and dye combos that looked good on one armor did not look the same on another one.

That's a fair point. This concept isn't intended to be a "all your dye needs" on the go but a sort of in-between fix for town runs. While it might not be a perfect match, it would be better than we have now. You can tweak and refine Au the dye station. :wink:

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about new friends joining the game, seeing my sweet *** armor, and looking back at their rags. I gotta set up my posse with all the new threads.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pman85 wrote: »
    jcn.gif
    That series of moves was nauseating. Expected much more from Jim Carrey.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy and use this. Each of my toons has a colour theme, and crafts new set pieces few levels. It would be pretty convenient to be able to dye the new pieces without having to go back into town. It's a minor convenient item, and without game play, making it the perfect for Zeni's intended use of the Crown Store.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea inspired by a post from @Fartman asking about a dye tub to carry around. No TL/DR... it's pretty shot. :wink:

ZOS should sell Portable Dye Kits in the Crown Store that would allow us to carry three colors with us. Players could buy as many as they wanted and each would take one inventory slot. Players could change the dye colors of the Portable Dye Kits when they visit the dye station. This will allow players to dye armor they find out in the wild so they're not mismatched if they change their armor, or players could use these to change their armor dyes while out in the wild.
    zz3Sh70.png?1
    Players would set the colors and the pattern would be saved to the Portable Dye Kit so players wouldn't be able to use each color independently, instead, they would be applying the dye set when they use the Dye Kit in their inventory. When the Dye Kit is used, the players' cursor could chance to the three dyes to be applied, so the player will see the colors prior to application. Allowing players to name their Portable Dye Kits would be nice for organizational purposes.
    AAPNlW2.jpg?1

When a Dye Kit is purchased it is bound to the account and a filled Dye Kit is bound to character. If a player empties their Dye Kit, they can then place that Dye Kit in their bank to use with other characters. The dye in the kits is not consumed when the kit is used, so dye will last in the kit until the player changes the colors of the kits at a dye station.

Thoughts?

I'm not opposed to something like this though it seems a little fluff. Just go back to town for dye's and use the coding resources that would be used to create this for something with more impact.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about dyes that are available as a limited time use, in the crown store.

Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks to this, seems easy enough to change colors as is.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little fixated on properly dyed armors so while I appreciate the idea, I don't think it's worth the resources in practice.

As a previous poster said, there is no color uniformity between dyes so to make this work you're still going to have to fine tune the dyes in town anyway, and if you're doing that step what value is there in paying actual money. The only way I could see this having value is if you could use the dye kits to change the colors on costumes and disguises, then it might have some value.

While the dye functionality is already in the game, I imagine there would be programming involved and the time spent on this could be put towards more important or non represented features.

As for special dyes not obtainable in game, I say nay. Dyes are one of the few things that make achievements worth it for me, and by nature of making a product ZOS will have to put the best colors in the store making them unattainable in-game which I cannot support. It already seems drop rates on motifs have changed, we see the slog it takes for XP potions, the new motifs will most likely be in the crown store on day one which will diminish the value of the hunt for them. These things I can accept even though I don't agree or like them but dyes are just going too far in the "monetize everything" direction.

So cool idea, but I will have to say no, I don't want to see such a feature implemented.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."