The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Player Guild Taverns, Inns & Halls Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In this sister-concept to the Advanced Inns and Tavern concept I’m going to propose a few additions to the Guild system that would see Player Guilds allowed to take ownership of in-game taverns, inns and guilds. This concept assumes the concepts in the Advanced Inns and Tavern concept are implemented.

TL/DR
Guilds should be allowed to bid on and temporarily own Taverns and Inns and should be able to purchase Taverns, Inns and Guilds as private instances.

Topics:
  • Bid on Taverns & Inns
  • Jobs at the Tavern & Inns
  • Fun & Games
  • What Guild Taverns & Inns are NOT
  • Private Taverns, Inns & Guild Halls

Bid on Taverns & Inns
There have been some other posts regarding Guild Taverns and Inns. The established locations in ESO could serve as perfect guild locations. The bidding could function in exactly the same manner as the guild merchants but the benefits would differ quite a bit.

Once a guild wins the bid for an Inn or Tavern that Inn’s name changes to include the guild’s name as a subtitle. So "The Wharf Rat" would become "The Wharf Rat of The Burglar Boys", or something to that effect. The Guild crest would also be prominently displayed outside of the bar on a banner and inside hanging on the walls.

Additionally, there could be an NPC (chosen or created by the guild) that wears the guild's tabard that could act as a guild recruiter. The player could find out statistics about the guild and the guild leader could fill out questions and answered to make the NPC interactive. The NPC could also offer players the option to apply for membership which would auto-send an email to the guild leaders. (This great idea is from @catalyst10e )

All players entering that tavern or inn would enter the guild’s tavern or inn while it is under their management. If a tavern or inn is not bid on for a particular period, it reverts back to the standard Inn or Tavern.

Jobs at the Tavern & Inns
Every Inn function would be chosen or dependent upon the managing guild. Every tavern would still have a bartender and every Inn could rent rooms but the prices would fluctuate based on the guild’s settings. All prices are set at a standard and the guild would then be able to raise or lower the prices at their discretion. The higher the price, the higher the percentage that players receive from items sold.

The inventory of the bar and kitchen would be dependent on the work of the guild. If a guild wanted to sell a certain drink at the bar, they would have to produce a certain number of that drink for it to be sold for a certain period of time.

The guild could also set the prices for the other amenities at the Inn or Tavern. If it’s an Inn they are managing they could set the prices for the rooms. They could set the prices for posting on the Tavern boards, they could also decide which supply writs are offered and how much reward is offered for those writs. Different jobs would be chosen by the Guild as well.

Any job that gives out money would be able to be tweaked by the guild. A maximum amount of money would be available for every job completed and the guild would decide the monetary split. The player would get a certain amount and the guild would get a certain amount. ZOS could even have it so that the guild receives the items from the writs and could possibly work it out to where the rewards for the writs and jobs are taken from profits of the Inns or Tavern.

Fun & Games
Games and music would also be chosen by the guild. Each Inn or Tavern could have a maximum number of “activity slots” available. These slots could be consumed by jobs, games, and atmospheric additions (such as music and dancers). What's available to place in the slots could be dependent on various factors. Perhaps guilds have to unlock games with crowns or perhaps it costs gold to add each game, music or activity to the inn. Guilds could very easily provide entertainment using their guild members which would open up activity slots for other games or jobs.

In the end Inns and Taverns could be very profitable for Guilds but each guild would have to find their own balance. Some inns would have uproariously boisterous atmospheres while others would end up being inns for games and good music.

What Guild Taverns & Inns are NOT
Guilds should NOT be able locations for guilds to sell their wares. They would not serve the same purpose as Guild Merchants. A guild that doesn’t even have a guild store could, in theory, manage a Guild Tavern or Inn.

Certain aspects of the Tavern or Inn that are required for story or questing should NOT be able to be removed or altered. If there’s a group of Undaunted hunkered down… they should remain hunkered down at that tavern and Inn.

Private Taverns, Inns & Guild Halls
Players should also be able to purchase private instances of Taverns, Inns, and Guild Halls (like Fighter’s Guild and Mage’s Guild) from the Crown Store for their own guild. These private instances would function much in the same way that private homes might function with the owner of the guild space being able to decorate the space with items.

ZOS could design the guild instanced locations in such a way that the standard instance comes with a small number of activity slots and players could upgrade their guild space with more activity slots with Crown Store purchases. The specific games could be earned by the guild using in-game gold. This is so the instance incorporates both Crown Purchases and in-game gold purchases.

There could be certain amenities that are only available in a specific guild instanced location. For example, perhaps bar tenders are only available in Inns and Taverns. Perhaps alchemy stations are only available for Mage’s Guild Halls and Blacksmiths available in Fighter’s Guild Halls.

Only guild members should be able to access these spaces and this could be accomplished by offering guild members a choice of which instance they wish to access when they open the door to that tavern, Inn, or Guild Halls.

Conclusion
Adding both public biddable Taverns and Inns and private instanced Guild locations would go a long way to helping guilds feel as if they all have a place to go in Tamriel. Oh, and this doesn't even mention the role-play possibilities!

What additional functions could be included in these Guild Taverns or Inns?

Edited by Gidorick on January 5, 2016 10:15PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild tavern, inn would be awesome
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »

Indeed, but jobs could only be offered like "brew 100 bottles of monkeypants matze" or so on. Or competitions like "who has the more and better food/brews at the inn could be held.

Sounds very funny and player-friendly. :)
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild Tavern Inn would be Awesome

The game lacks Social Features comparing to other MMO's
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Guild Tavern Inn would be Awesome

The game lacks Social Features comparing to other MMO's

100% agree.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »

Indeed, but jobs could only be offered like "brew 100 bottles of monkeypants matze" or so on. Or competitions like "who has the more and better food/brews at the inn could be held.

Sounds very funny and player-friendly. :)

I would love it if somehow the quality of the provisions (or any crafted item) was dependent on the skill of the player. Not some crafting skill that can be increased, the actual skill of the player. This could be done with crafting minigames that could be based on timing or puzzles or something.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    love the idea, sounds fun and all, but I rather have instances we can own indefinite, if I hear what some guilds trow at guild vendors, money would become a scarce thing. meaning more farmers and less people playing content.

maybe extend the possibility's on the present taverns&Inns, or have it GTA5 online style, everyone can own it simultaneously but all get forwarded to their own instances where they have the freedom to invite people into.

the thing I missed that I always enjoy in TES or other games, is updating/renovate/exclusive items display in your post, else I would be on the bandwagon for sure
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This concept suggests that very thing @kenpachi480 ! The private instances would be guild instances that are always theirs. The bidding would be for the public inns that everyone visits.

I like the idea of bringing non-guildies into the private instances. I'd imagine that would be am ability that could be assigned to a rank, like bank access is.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea!
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    While its an alright idea on paper, you'd be essentially asking a guild to throw money at a social gathering with little pay off. The whole reason a guild bids on a guild trader is for location and return on investment. To blow all that money just to have a place with your name on it, and essentially a crafting board, is little intensive for the more serious Guilds. I would at least suggest allowing a guild trader to be in the Tavern for more incentive, and just to throw a new idea out there, also add a guild recruiter. An NPC you can talk to that sends a message to the guild leader letting them know, someone is interested in joining the guild, and allowing the guild leader to approve or deny accordingly. At the very least it could promote the social idea of it, throwing a party for recruitment.
    Edited by catalyst10e on December 30, 2015 7:17PM
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While its an alright idea on paper, you'd be essentially asking a guild to throw money at a social gathering with little pay off. The whole reason a guild bids on a guild trader is for location and return on investment. To blow all that money just to have a place with your name on it, and essentially a crafting board. I would at least suggest allowing a guild trader to be in the Tavern for more incentive, and just to throw a new idea out there, also add a guild recruiter. An NPC you can talk to that sends a message to the guild leader letting them know, someone is interested in joining the guild, and allowing the guild leader to approve or deny accordingly. At the very least it could promote the social idea of it, throwing a party for recruitment.

I LOVE the idea of a guild recruiter! I'm totally adding the guild recruiter to the initial concept.

And I'm not sure that the return will be that little on the investment. I assume the amount of gold the tavern can make is pretty astronomical. If every purchase made at that bartender goes into the pockets of the guild... That could be quite a bit of money. Only ZOS knows this though as I'm sure they have analytics on inn profits
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    While its an alright idea on paper, you'd be essentially asking a guild to throw money at a social gathering with little pay off. The whole reason a guild bids on a guild trader is for location and return on investment. To blow all that money just to have a place with your name on it, and essentially a crafting board. I would at least suggest allowing a guild trader to be in the Tavern for more incentive, and just to throw a new idea out there, also add a guild recruiter. An NPC you can talk to that sends a message to the guild leader letting them know, someone is interested in joining the guild, and allowing the guild leader to approve or deny accordingly. At the very least it could promote the social idea of it, throwing a party for recruitment.

I LOVE the idea of a guild recruiter! I'm totally adding the guild recruiter to the initial concept.

And I'm not sure that the return will be that little on the investment. I assume the amount of gold the tavern can make is pretty astronomical. If every purchase made at that bartender goes into the pockets of the guild... That could be quite a bit of money. Only ZOS knows this though as I'm sure they have analytics on inn profits

Woah, wait. Are you telling me they get the ALL the profit made by the NPC bartender and not just on the product they produce? Or am I reading that wrong?
    If I'm reading that right then that basically means you are getting rid of a decently large gold sink, which, imo, the game the does not need less of.

clarification please?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »

Woah, wait. Are you telling me they get the ALL the profit made by the NPC bartender and not just on the product they produce? Or am I reading that wrong?
    If I'm reading that right then that basically means you are getting rid of a decently large gold sink, which, imo, the game the does not need less of.

clarification please?

Well, ZOS would have to determine what the exact percentages are. My thought is that in order to offer X drink for 1 day the guild as a whole would have to provide Y number of that drink. The drink is offered to any who want to buy it, not just in the quantity that was produced by the guild. It's not a 1:1 correlation.

So to offer the drink for a day maybe the guild needs to make 50 of that drink.... and they can sell as many as they can sell. Not just 50. As long as the guild produces 50 of said drink per day, they can continue to sell it to their customers at the price they set. the higher the price the greater their profit. 50 is just an example number... maybe the required amount fluctuates with how popular the drink is... if they sell a lot maybe they need to make 75 for the next day. If they don't sell very many maybe they only need to make 25...

I would be all for a 1:1 system but I think that would just turn inns into ACTUAL jobs for people... I assume thousands of drink and food are bought daily from Inns. Asking a guild to keep up with that stock might be a bit much.

As for the profits, ZOS would need to figure out how much of the profits the guilds get. Maybe it's 100%, maybe it's 50%... ZOS would have to find the right percentage to make the Inns profitable enough but not game-breaking.

This is also the possibility that the money earned in the guild by players would be taken from the profits of the Inn... all of this would have to work on a percentage and not a equal gold for equal gold system.

ZOS would have to tweak these numbers to find percentages that work for the guild and for the game.
    Edited by Gidorick on December 31, 2015 6:48AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work once again Gid! I would definitely want a permanent guild castle for my guildies, even if I have to buy the damn thing from the Crown Store. But if I'm shelling real money out for it it better come with a LOT of customization options!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!