The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Collecting ears...

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Was one of my favorite things about Diablo 2. I relished gathering pieces of those I had slain... I know fallout lore has some of the more violent groups collecting ears. Is there something in ESO that could be added that would serve a similar purpose, collecting pieces of those who you've slain in PVP?

I'm thinking... a bag that you can carry around that fills with... teeth?

It wouldn't really serve a purpose, other than cataloging those you have killed in PVP. A couple of achievements could be added to the system... slain 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000.

For me, it's little things like this that give a special flavor to a game. It's the little things that count in the long run.

Thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 8:06AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but soon we'll have fluffy kittens you can buy from the crown store and collect all the colors.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though... I'd love to have something like you suggested. Something as simple as a notch in my 2H sword for every 1000 kills would be cool.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    No, but soon we'll have fluffy kittens you can buy from the crown store and collect all the colors.
    u9SceI4.jpg?1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha! yep I fear it's going to happen... This game is all too cuddly for me sometimes. Would be interesting if they moved a campaign to Cold Harbor and left the daedral
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd totally pay for a Brutality pack.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I'd buy that for a handful of crowns... ;)

Seriously, now that the game is reset to 18+, I'd love to have more 18+ content in it. And while there are some trophies (rare drops from monster types to collect), I wouldn't mind seeing more of that for characters who feel like playing that way...

Also, some more "deathblow" animations. The ones we have for elemental/magical damage are neat, but I'd want the occasional decapitation or such too! Blood splatters. A bit of gore now and then, when it fits. I mean, if years-old Age of Conan could do it... why not ESO?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, now that the game is reset to 18+, I'd love to have more 18+ content in it. And while there are some trophies (rare drops from monster types to collect), I wouldn't mind seeing more of that for characters who feel like playing that way...

Also, some more "deathblow" animations. The ones we have for elemental/magical damage are neat, but I'd want the occasional decapitation or such too! Blood splatters. A bit of gore now and then, when it fits. I mean, if years-old Age of Conan could do it... why not ESO?

Different death animations? Yes please!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Greycats
    Greycats
    ✭✭
    I would love to collect fingers or something for bounties. Awesome idea.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    u9SceI4.jpg?1
    4/5 @Gidorick , 5/5 had you used Grumpy Cat.

@Sacadon, I look forward to those purchases in Cyrodiil, actually.

I've been eagerly awaiting the Cat-a-pult. Nothing will crush the spirit of your enemies faster, I tell you.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Assassin's Creed meets the Witcher...definite potential there.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A single strike death blow by me shoving my sword through someone's back and it jetting out their chest as they lurch backward and shove off their mortal coil? Yes please!

Then let my take their tongue. :mrgreen:

Hmm.... racial specific trophies would be cool... if you kill a Man, you take their tongue. Kill a Mer, their ear. Argonian or Khajiit, the tip of their trails. Orc, their teeth. :naughty:

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u9SceI4.jpg?1
    4/5 @Gidorick , 5/5 had you used Grumpy Cat.

I used Grumpy Cat for the Mask of Gumpful Mewter. :wink:
    Ppr4XMw.jpg?1

Edited by Gidorick on March 11, 2015 3:34AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been eagerly awaiting the Cat-a-pult. Nothing will crush the spirit of your enemies faster, I tell you.

PPTTTHH... I'd rather a Cowtapult.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8jGqdE2iw
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A single strike death blow by me shoving my sword through someone's back and it jetting out their chest as they lurch backward and shove off their mortal coil? Yes please!

Hmm.... racial specific trophies would be cool... if you kill a Man, you take their tongue. Kill a Mer, their ear. Argonian or Khajiit, the tip of their trails. Orc, their teeth. :naughty:

Take it a step further, if you will. Make armor from your enemies...

May not make you the most well liked among your people, but I suspect you should get +1 to fear simply by stepping foot on the battlefield.

What do you think Meatbags are made of?

I just want to see the look on the full Heavy Armor DK on the wall when he takes a kitten to the face!

WTH!?

Earn it.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking armor in pvp? Would the dead player lose that armor, or would the armor be duped?
    Edited by Gidorick on March 11, 2015 12:44PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

May not make you the most well liked among your people, but I suspect you should get +1 to fear simply by stepping foot on the battlefield.

I just want to see the look on the full Heavy Armor DK on the wall when he takes a kitten to the face!

WTH!?

Guy with 20 ears on a necklace steps onto the field.... "10% miss chance debuff" activates on all nearby enemies. :p
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WTH!?

Guy with 20 ears on a necklace steps onto the field.... "10% miss chance debuff" activates on all nearby enemies. :p
    Taking armor in pvp? Would the deaf player lose that armor, or would the armor be duped?

Not taking armor from your enemies, making armor from your enemies...

@Attorneyatlawl has the right idea.

Earn it.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(struts into Rawk'kha wearing his Khajit-fur lined leather battlegear :D).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭
    I remember way back in Ultima Online you could take a players head after you killed them. If they had a bounty you turned the head in to collect the bounty. You could also keep them and display them in your house, which I did
    I wanna be a Daedra :(
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the head trophies not that I took them but some were given to me. "That guy over there he killed you? I will be right back." Five minuts later is handed a head. "Here ya go I do not think he will bother you again." :) UO pre Trammel days.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTH!?

Taking armor in pvp? Would the deaf player lose that armor, or would the armor be duped?

Not taking armor from your enemies, making armor from your enemies...

:open_mouth: that.... would be AWESOME!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the head trophies not that I took them but some were given to me. "That guy over there he killed you? I will be right back." Five minuts later is handed a head. "Here ya go I do not think he will bother you again." :) UO pre Trammel days.

Maybe if we ever get justice system pvp!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.