The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pay off the Guards!: Crown Store Items Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS should offer crown store items that would help with the justice system: Bounty Relief.

Bounty Bond 200C: One time use. It will relieve a SET amount of gold from your bounty. A player may need to use multiple to completely remove bounty.
Forged Pardon 200C: One time use. It will change your heat from Fugitive to Notorious or Notorious to Upstanding.

This way, players that have COMPLETELY screwed themselves by incurring a HUGE bounty can pay to get some relief so they haven't completely ruined their character.

Thoughts... I KNOW this one is going to be unpopular. lol.
Edited by Gidorick on March 6, 2015 1:39PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just add this to the monetization thread you created not long ago begging ZOS to charge us money on things that should be included on purchase of the game?
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on March 6, 2015 1:45AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's not character creation. :confused:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Because it's not character creation. :confused:

Same topic of selling items on the Crown Store.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support the idea of this. I'm not so concerned about it being in the crown shop. Truthfully, this CAN be dealt with in game, so offering this kind of item in the crown shop as a convenience seems like a reasonable idea.

In addition to this, I know it has been suggested a few times, but I also think Fences should offer a significant reduction as opposed to the guards. My suggestion, Fences by default charge 75% less than guard. With the reduce fee passive, it should reduce guard to 75% and Fence to 50%, an even 25% discount.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of fences costing less than guards. 75% seems a bit high... it shouldn't be so much that no one will ever want to pay the guard. I think close to 90% would make more sense within the mechanics of the system.

Cool idea though!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of fences costing less than guards. 75% seems a bit high... it shouldn't be so much that no one will ever want to pay the guard. I think close to 90% would make more sense within the mechanics of the system.

Cool idea though!

traditionally in the Elder Scrolls games fences could pay off your bounty for half of the fined cost
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

Cool idea though!

traditionally in the Elder Scrolls games fences could pay off your bounty for half of the fined cost

Oh? I have never been much of an outlaw, so I wasn't aware. With that in mind, your original idea seems reasonable.

You have me convinced, now to convince @ZOS
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a great idea for me since i now owe 117,000 gold for killing mass murder and taking out almost 150 NPC's today cause i wanted to unlock achievements. but um, the rate at which the bounty is droping is incredible LOW and slow. in 6 hours it went from 118,341 to 116,977 gold bounty, it just isnt droping at all. im not sure if thats a glitch or ...
    because at that rate i will be wanted criminal mass murderer psyco-N'Wah for Months! unless of course i pay that rediculas amount for murders i have accidently commited. - which i do not plan to pay -
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think any paying off of guards should be done through the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood. Liked the way in Skyrim that you could get away with some things, once the fuzz knew you were part of one of those organizations. It wasn't a free-for-all, but then again, nothing ever is.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand why the guards just dont believe me that it was enmtirely and accident that i killed all those nords and argonians and khajiits ....
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool idea though!

I agree with @Iago 's assertion, but I was trying to keep it "mmo friendly"

With the situation of paying who what, I assume most of the time when you pay a guard, it's because you got caught. I don't think anyone ever WANTS to pay the guard. The bounty is a penalty which the guards enforce. Personally I think you shouldn't get any discount with the guard. I included a discount in my idea as a more than generous way to keep it fair.

Also the 75% would be kind of a reward by getting past all the guard to even pay the fence lol.

Just to make it interesting, maybe the guard only put half of what you have toward your fine if they catch you fleeing haha.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the OP's idea is that it would be a P2W feature as opposed to what is currently in the store.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just add this to the monetization thread you created not long ago begging ZOS to charge us money on things that should be included on purchase of the game?

LOL
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the OP's idea is that it would be a P2W feature as opposed to what is currently in the store.

How so? Are there in game achievements based on bounty and heat? Escaping the law, sure. Killing a bunch of people, yea. But specifically tied to bounty amount?

Players relieve absolutely zero advantage over other players by paying off their bounty with real money. Maybe if the PVP aspect of this ever gets released. I could see an issue where players use the heat relief to get out of pvp... but that could be taken care of by having any time a player is engaged in pvp they are flagged for that match unless they "escape", they are able to be attacked by the specific player with which they are engaged.

Bringing my question back around, what about this is Pay to Win?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can see it being slightly Pay to "win" as it will save people gold and time. Really no different than soul gems or potions in crown shop though, it's just a convenience.
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And personally, I think the 200C bond should relieve 10,000g worth of bounty. Have a 100K bounty and want to pay that off with real money? 20 bucks.

Make it expensive enough to hurt.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is P@QW

How so? Are there in game achievements based on bounty and heat? Escaping the law, sure. Killing a bunch of people, yea. But specifically tied to bounty amount?

Players relieve absolutely zero advantage over other players by paying off their bounty with real money. Maybe if the PVP aspect of this ever gets released. I could see an issue where players use the heat relief to get out of pvp... but that could be taken care of by having any time a player is engaged in pvp they are flagged for that match unless they "escape", they are able to be attacked by the specific player with which they are engaged.

Simple it would allow you to rack up the skills in ledgerman without the in game penalties of having to deal with bounties. The fact that you want this feature shows that you want your cake ( the skills from stealing pick pocking and killing) and to eat it too (not having to deal with the penalties by simply using rl currency to avoid the penalties. Since the sneak/stamina benefit would help in pvp your idea is just P2W
    Edited by snowmanflvb14_ESO on March 9, 2015 2:06PM
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Cosmetic items sure.... nothing that is even remotely close to P2W should be in the Crown Store as all it will do is further divide a divided community. The XP Potions (if they are indeed true) are about as close to P2W as it should ever get... removing your bounty in such a way and being able to take advantage of the passives as another pointed out, would be a form of P2W.... so again... NO.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand why the guards just dont believe me that it was enmtirely and accident that i killed all those nords and argonians and khajiits ....

I would like it if they added the ability to reduce or in rare cases eliminate your bounty by having additional dialog options for persuade and intimidate.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like it if they added the ability to reduce or in rare cases eliminate your bounty by having additional dialog options for persuade and intimidate.

Yeah, now this would be a good reason to keep those passives once you are end-game and don't need them for the achievements.
  • guldrik
    guldrik
    ✭✭
    I believe there is a passive to lower bounty's that you willingly pay
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is P@QW

Simple it would allow you to rack up the skills in ledgerman without the in game penalties of having to deal with bounties. The fact that you want this feature shows that you want your cake ( the skills from stealing pick pocking and killing) and to eat it too (not having to deal with the penalties by simply using rl currency to avoid the penalties. Since the sneak/stamina benefit would help in pvp your idea is just P2W

So in your view any aspect of the crown store that allows players to shortcut game mechanics is pay to win?

Health potions?
    XP boosters?
    Both pay to win?
    Edited by Gidorick on March 9, 2015 3:56PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.