The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Remove Zone Chat and do the following:

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What if ZOS removed Zone chat and added multiple focused tools for communication.

The /trade Channel
A trade channel could be added specifically for trading. The trade channel would ONLY be available when in “trade districts”. These trade districts exist in cities around the street vendors and in a radius around street vendors in the wilderness and near guild vendors. The trade channel could be zone wide, or perhaps even faction wide.

Guild Posting Boards
ZOS could also put up posting boards in Guild Halls for guild Recruitment to help focus that communication. Only guild leaders should be able to post on this board. This could be organized by using tags like PVP, Trade, PVE, RP, Casual, Hardcore, Endgame, etc.

Bars and Inns
Players could congregate in bars and Inns to communicate with one another socially. While players are in the bar they should accumulate XP Buffs with max buff being 10% for 2 hours of “inn-time”, which would be an extra 1% of XP for every 12 minutes that pass with player input (no AFK play here folks).

LFG Channel/Tool
The last tool would be, of course, a more robust LFG tool. This could be accompanied by a /LFG channel that is faction wide.

Thoughts?
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Penguinturtle
    Hmmm the trade chat would be really good but not really faction wide there would be a *** of messages and block all the stuff out but the others sound pretty good like the Bars and Inns
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for sign language.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with Chat as it is?

I have no issue with it, I belong to 5 guilds and I only run one chat window..........

Now if you had a suggestion for getting rid of notifications.....

Or a way to turn them off, well......

They drive me nuts!! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually been ignoring Zone chat recently @freespirit. I just think if they localized the chat it would actually foster community involvement and give more purpose to cities buildings.

My suggestions are a response to what seems to be an increase in the dissatisfaction with Zone Chat.... including my own.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 4, 2015 2:36AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

I have no issue with it, I belong to 5 guilds and I only run one chat window..........

Other than the fact that ppl shouldn't use zone chat for trade, lfg, guild recruiting, spamming or talk about non-gaming.....
    I guess nothing but those a few annoyances
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a good idea would be that those who want to trade have to join the guild of merchants represented by a new group of NPC.

At the same time would have to add the option for a player to mark an object in the bags or in the bank as published for trading.

Thus, any user who is looking for something could lead to the guild of merchants and consult an NPC designated, which are the objects available and who is the user who has this object to whisper by private chat and arrange a meeting to negotiate.

This would not be an auction because no one could bid or make direct purchases. Nor would it be possible to place objects, since they never cease to be in the hands of its owner.

The user who wants to sell can make your objects as marketable.
    The user who wants to buy know where to see (merchant guild).
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Other than the fact that ppl shouldn't use zone chat for trade, lfg, guild recruiting, spamming or talk about non-gaming.....

its a social game, what do you expect people to do?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does this idea take up memory that is needed for the server to run?
    if not then i vote yes to please add this.
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 4, 2015 3:05AM
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    What if ZOS removed Zone chat and added multiple focused tools for communication.

The /trade Channel
    A trade channel could be added specifically for trading. The trade channel would ONLY be available when in “trade districts”. These trade districts exist in cities around the street vendors and in a radius around street vendors in the wilderness and near guild vendors. The trade channel could be zone wide, or perhaps even faction wide.

Guild Posting Boards
    ZOS could also put up posting boards in Guild Halls for guild Recruitment to help focus that communication. Only guild leaders should be able to post on this board. This could be organized by using tags like PVP, Trade, PVE, RP, Casual, Hardcore, Endgame, etc.

Bars and Inns
    Players could congregate in bars and Inns to communicate with one another socially. While players are in the bar they should accumulate XP Buffs with max buff being 10% for 2 hours of “inn-time”, which would be an extra 1% of XP for every 12 minutes that pass with player input (no AFK play here folks).

LFG Channel/Tool
    The last tool would be, of course, a more robust LFG tool. This could be accompanied by a /LFG channel that is faction wide.

Thoughts?

Love all these ideas.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

its a social game, what do you expect people to do?

Be social not rude....using the channel in these ways is like 59 people walking into a mall with a bull horns all spewing out different things all day but spread out.

It's not Norma and if you ask around, many of us just turn off zone chat entirely
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chat in this game is no different than any other MMO I have played. If you make all those other channels people will just use them for the same thing. Leave as it and as NewBlackSmurf does...turn it off.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont like seeing the chat not moving, and no one saying anything. not a good feeling. ijs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinthrax wrote: »
    Chat in this game is no different than any other MMO I have played. If you make all those other channels people will just use them for the same thing. Leave as it and as NewBlackSmurf does...turn it off.

So your suggestion is for anyone who doesn't want to see all the mess to turn it off...that leaves the chaos ppl in it.
    Doesn't this support the OP that something needs to be done before the majority of users keep it off?

The channel looses value if the default suggestion is to turn if off, right?

This game is very different from most if not all MMORPG games that I've played since 1998 as its the only one that has only one channel. All others are membership or group based.

It does need change

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭

i dont use guild traders or stres, enjoy my time in zone chat .
    theres settings in the chat log, you even ignore people if you dont wanna see them talk.....
    nah lets just remove zone chat...
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how do you suggest these things be done then?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually like to see these channels created for console too. A voice trade Chanel world be insane! Lol!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.