Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brutality Pack - Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Quick one... ZOS should release a crown store pack that just makes ESO more violent and visceral. :naughty:

ESO Brutality Pack (2000 Crowns)
  • More blood
  • Longer lasting blood coverage on characters
  • Flesh rending and bone crushing sound effects
  • Gruesome death animations (runs at real-time)
    • Bodies getting chopped in half at the waist
    • Torsos getting vertically cleaved
    • Arms and legs getting hacked off
    • Heads rolling
And my personal favorite....
  • The ability to collect body parts from fallen PVP enemies, complete with their names.
    • Fingers from Men (Breton, Nord, Redguard, Imperial)
    • Ears from Mer (Aldmer, Dunmer, Bosmer)
    • Teeth from Orcs
    • Tails from Beasts (Argonian & Khajiit)

The body parts would have NO use in game whatsoever. They would just be a trophy of your accomplishments. They should stack in the inventory by race and when a player looks at the stack, the name of the...er... unfortunate adventurers would be able to be read. And no, they shouldn't be bound. :wink:

Oh and the fatalities shouldn't have any slowing down or special camera angels. They should... happen and maybe not even every time.

Any ideas of what you would like to see added to the Brutality Pack?
Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 1:10PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chopping huh?
    bowie_bitchface.gif%3Fw%3D560
    Wait, heads rolling...?

Uhhh. I don't know about that, I disliked Spartacus Legends' brutal graphics.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the beauty of this concept @CrowsDescend... don't like this sort of thing? Don't buy the Brutality Pack!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting concept, but not sure it's practical. What would account for the time difference while these effects play out? Fatalities would likely have longer animations for example.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Interesting concept, but not sure it's practical. What would account for the time difference while these effects play out? Fatalities would likely have longer animations for example.

There wouldn't have to be a time difference. It would be the job of the animators to make sure all the death animations are the same length.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

There wouldn't have to be a time difference. It would be the job of the animators to make sure all the death animations are the same length.

That is the issue. It would be difficult, from a player's viewing prospective, to create death scenes that are worth wild while only lasting a second or less. Typically in single player titles those sorts of things are slowed down, and/or given i-frames for their duration. The same can't easily be done for multiplayer, particularly when more players than just the killer and killed are able to interact.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryse: Sons of Rome, get your fix there.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the issue. It would be difficult, from a player's viewing prospective, to create death scenes that are worth wild while only lasting a second or less. Typically in single player titles those sorts of things are slowed down, and/or given i-frames for their duration. The same can't easily be done for multiplayer, particularly when more players than just the killer and killed are able to interact.

This is where you are wrong. You are thinking I mean...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bot8NKz8So

but I mean... (the non-slowed down parts)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuR8H_x-U4I

They slow the action down so you can see your handywork. That wouldn't work in an MMO, I agree... but the kills, the animation, and the brutality? Those would most certainly work.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »

lol. So that's your response to a suggestion? Go play a different game? That's productive!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Bring on the gore! Being a vampire, I would like to wear the blood of my foes! I'd love to see kill cams along with the bone crunching, blood spray of my handiwork be it by my Clannfear or by my own hands.

Of course an option to switch it on or off for family reasons.

I don't have kids so gore is welcome.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you want to play Age of Conan :tongue:

Video showing all the fatalities for all the classes, though a lot of it is filler. Skip to 09:45 for some good dual wield fatalities, and the assassin animations from 13:20 are pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd4qB2gFFK0

That MMO had fatality animations as a selling point. But this would only work if everyone had them, because of the animation delays. Either you make the people using a fatality animation invincible while using them (huge and unfair advantage in group PVP), otherwise using a fatality animation makes you a sitting duck in PVP, unable to move for a few seconds while the animation plays out (a huge disadvantage in group PVP).

I get the idea, it was in Skyrim too so would fit the setting. But for the above gameplay reasons I don't think it's viable.
    Edited by Darkstorne on October 6, 2015 10:10AM
  • Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    So while it's slowed down for you so you can watch your opponent be cut in two, his friends can come up behind you and gank the crap out of you...yea great idea.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I think animations like the head stomping are cool, I don't think THOSE kinds of fatality animations could work @Darkstorne. You're right that it would need the player to be invincible or invulnerable and that just wouldn't work either way.

Fatality animations wouldn't require slowing down time @Tanaka_Khan. Just instead of the enemy falling down like normal, those who have the Brutality Pack (and the subsequent options turned on) would see enemies fall in half or headless and much MUCH more bloody.

To clarify this I changed "Fatality" in the OP to "Gruesome death". When thinking "Fatality" I think many people think more action on the attacker's part and my thought of the change is on the victim's end only.
    Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 1:27PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I think animations like the head stomping are cool, I don't think THOSE kinds of fatality animations could work @Darkstorne. You're right that it would need the player to be invincible or invulnerable and that just wouldn't work either way.

Fatality animations wouldn't require slowing down time @Tanaka_Khan. Just instead of the enemy falling down like normal, those who have the Brutality Pack (and the subsequent options turned on) would see enemies fall in half or headless and much MUCH more bloody.

To clarify this I changed "Fatality" in the OP to "Gruesome death". When thinking "Fatality" I think many people think more action on the attacker's part and my thought of the change is on the victim's end only.

Oh, I see what you mean. In that case this is impossible. Or rather requires so much work rebuilding the skeletons and body meshes to accommodate severed limbs while still integrating perfectly with all the animations, head morphs, and body morphs available that it's impossible. You're essentially asking them to recreate character models from scratch.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah... that might be true @Darkstorne. What I'm asking might require that... It might not. I do not know as I am not a character animator. To me it would seem that they could simply create additional death animations that have the same starting "key-frame" as all the other death animations. I admit that I am probably over-simplifying it but I do realize that it would require some work on ZOS' part and some tweaking of the models so that the arms and heads and legs would be separate from the rest of the model... during those death animations.

Is asking that an MMO company actually WORK to incorporate a feature that could be sold to players really that unreasonable?
    Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 1:51PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is asking that an MMO company actually WORK to incorporate a feature that could be sold to players really that unreasonable?

When it requires a complete ground-up rework of the character models rather than simple additions, then yes :)

I would equally love to request a proper LOD system for the game so we can have decent draw distances, finally allowing us to climb a mountain and get proper Elder Scrolls quality vistas. Again, that's going to require a complete rework of their LOD system though, so it's never going to happen. Their current engine would be crippled if they even doubled the max draw distance, let alone quadrupled to a semi-decent distance.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

When it requires a complete ground-up rework of the character models rather than simple additions, then yes :)

I would equally love to request a proper LOD system for the game so we can have decent draw distances, finally allowing us to climb a mountain and get proper Elder Scrolls quality vistas. Again, that's going to require a complete rework of their LOD system though, so it's never going to happen. Their current engine would be crippled if they even doubled the max draw distance, let alone quadrupled to a semi-decent distance.

Like I said, I don't think it would require a "ground-up" rework. Just new animations and mesh alterations for those animations. But... I'm not an animator, so what do I know? Not much. :lol:

I do think the likeliness of this happening is pretty small but there's little harm in letting ZOS know that there is interest if they ever want to pursue this sort of thing. The sheer number of models they would have to add animations for would be daunting. HUNDREDS of animations. Probably not worth the effort. Maybe if the animators ever get bored.

As for the LOD:

ZOS has supposedly worked on the draw distance and world detail level for Orsinium. If this true and the draw and detail are increased in this, and subsequent releases, I don't think it's unreasonable that some day we might get world detail upgrades for the core zones to keep up with the DLC aesthetics.

Again, likely? Probably not. Impossible? nope!

I like to call my outlook "willfully hopeful" with a bit of "knowingly naïve". :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 2:57PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    I guess when I was thinking fatality I was imagining fatalities in mortal combat or even in Skyrim where them zoom in and go slow motion.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess when I was thinking fatality I was imagining fatalities in mortal combat or even in Skyrim where them zoom in and go slow motion.

Yea, using that term was misleading. Mea Culpa.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess something like in The Witcher 3? Make it look realistic so people can actually see that killing someone isn't just poking them and them throwing on their backs, dead. Not a bad of an idea.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty much @Marrtha!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

lol. So that's your response to a suggestion? Go play a different game? That's productive!

Not all of your ideas are going to catch on.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on October 6, 2015 3:34PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all of your ideas are going to catch on.

I don't expect them to... and I expect none of them to ever see the light of day. Consider it a sort of fan-fiction. What I also don't expect is for people to come on the official ESO forum and start suggesting players go play another game. There is absolutely zero use in doing such a thing. It's unnecessary and unproductive.

Edited by Gidorick on October 6, 2015 3:48PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick Bateman is psyched and ready for this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DVqroOO3c
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I know I for one would pay good crowns for something like this... but then, I like my gaming to ge on the gritty and dirty side I suppose.

On the animation side... we already have those for magic damage. People bursting in flames and burning to ash through fire damage, getting desintegrated by shock damage, frozen and shattering through ice damage, melting in green goo through poison/disease damage... all these are already there, so the mechanic must exist. All it needed was adding some weapon-powered "bloody mess" death anims, which then would play only for those who installed the pack, while for everyone else its just "falling over".

Trophy collecting... hmmm... maybe, but I'd make it nothing more then just an added "sentient races" trophy achievement. No keeping track of player names with it, that just sounds like too much trouble and too little worth, just to taunt someone by sending them their characters head in a box...
    On the other hand...
    ...there might be a use for this come the final phase of the justice system and PvP bounty hunting... turn in head for bounty? Though that part would then have to be open for all I suppose... or maybe the brutality pack owners get the head, everyone else just gets a "contract fulfilled, return for reward" message? That sounds quite doable too I guess...

I would also want more blood in the landscape for this. Have anyone noticed there are only three kinds of "corpses" in the game? These are: "unharmed but motionless", "burned to a cinder" and "skeleton". No "covered in wounds", no "mutilated", no "cut to pieces", no "headless and still bleeding", none of that...
    Also, there is no blood or visible wounds with any of the "hurt" NPCs. Neither the ones who are "It's just a flesh wound, go ahead without me, I'll catch up", nor the ones that are "Ah, I am dying here... please fulfill my last request...". Not even when they do indeed have died. And none of the people you occasionally rescue from under rubble or stuff like that even have any damaged clothing either! I'd expect some tear and wear... some blood and bruises... all too often this adds a jarring tone to my immersion, seems like actors in a c-movie that skimped on the FX budget...
    Something that too should be looked at if there was such a "brutality pack" to purchase...
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINISH HIM!

BRUTALITY
  • Krombie
    Krombie
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds really good, I would definitively buy this, I think the animations should only work between those who have the brutality pack, this way brutalities would be rare and special.
    Slowing down the animations would not work, that's why it should not be like a fatality
    Just the animation like in the Witcher 3

I hope this catches on... I really do.... ESO needs more blood, its supposed to be a war
    not a doll house.
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I was going to say something about another @Gidorick post without any pictures, but then Riko saved the day with video.
    Patrick Bateman is psyched and ready for this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DVqroOO3c

This. So this.

Edited by RizaHawkeye on October 6, 2015 11:48PM
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭

asking zos to develop something to make us say "OMG WOW THAT'S COOL" is unreasonable. Orsinium is coming, it's not a full expansion compared to wow expansions and people still buy it. Give up man. I totally understand you, how deeply you are connected to the elder scrolls. I'm too. Admit it. This is a low budged elder scrolls game. Still no underwater, no housing, no dark brotherhood thieves guild, no words on spellcrafting.

The worst thing is, when you share your idea, what needs to be done to make eso a better game people bash you. Like they are all masters of mmo developing.

To those who say "but it's impossible" "too much resource" you don't know what you are talking about. Even slowing time in an online game is a possiblity if you know how to design and code it right. Get some friends download unity engine and start working on making games if you really that enthusiastic.

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A complete reworking of interactive physics, destructible skins, and thousands of new animations would cost a lot more than 2000 crowns.

It would take a lot of resources. It's a redesign of core game elements. It's not a bad idea, but it's one that you float in pre-development so it can be more sensibly factored into the game's price.
    signing off
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    well at least eso rated M for Milking. Nothing he says + other stuff that everybody asks wouldn't be more expensive than the chairman's next mansion. If you know what I mean. :P

Still hearing stuff like "a lot of resources" "tons of animations" I give up.