The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

In Game ZOS Developer Events - Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel ESO would benefit from ZOS Developer Events (ZDE) within the game. These could take the form of monthly events that are orchestrated and put on live by ZOS employees. Different Employees could take the reins each month and the event would be something that would bring the community together.

The ZOS employee could interact with the world in the form of a Dremora of Mehrunes Dagon. In each event, the ZOS employee would be a sort of “Dungeon Master” dropping enemies into the world and causing general mayhem. Each ZDEs could have similar structure but could very in theme. Some concepts would be:
  • Open portals allowing Daedra to pour into Mundus.
  • A raising of the dead in a graveyard.
  • Possession of wildlife and have them thrash about a city looking for blood.
  • A rallying of cultists in an organized attack deep within a dungeon.

The ZDE could last anywhere from half an hour to a few hours and could include large behemoths as well as waves of smaller, more fragile enemies. NPCs could be added to give small quests such as “save my cat” to give players small objectives during the ZDE. There could always be a set number of small quests to complete, let’s say 3 for the sake of giving a number. If the player completes all 3 quests they get the event “item” and that item could be a trophy or it could be a special piece of armor that is only obtainable then, during that event. This one piece of armor could be part of a special armor set where a piece at a time could be given out at each ZDE. This would make collecting the full set a multi-month objective for players.

There could be other objectives offered during the event for the players, such as
  • Entering the portal to get the Sigil Stone
  • Defeating a necromancer raising the dead
  • Destroying the amulet controlling the wild animals
  • Killing the leader of the cultists

Throughout the event chests, much like the chest that arrives at the end of Dark Anchors, could be dropped to reward participants. All of these events, item drops, enemy waves would be instigated by the ZOS Dremora player while in their own “DM” view of the battle. The ZOS player would have the opportunity, if they wish, to adorn their Dremora avatar and take to the battlefield themselves. They should have an insane amount of health and abilities and could lay waste to those that stand in their way. Waves of players would fall at their feet but they would eventually be taken down and the players that are there when that happens could be given specific rewards.

The greatest barrier to this type of event would be server stability. To have the number of players that would descend upon a ZDE on screen at once, all fighting together would surely create some … issues. Even so, events like this would be pretty amazing and would be a great addition to an already fantastic MMO experience. It would obviously take some time and energy to develop the tools and the systems that would be needed to sustain a system like this but it would be worth the effort in the end.

Any thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on December 19, 2014 6:18AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • aecburky02_ESO
    I think that this idea would make ESO stand out over all other MMO's. The very best part of NWN from 10 years ago, the events that were live and watching a talented storyteller take you on adventures and make changes on the fly depending on the situation, Being in an INN chatting prior to a battle and a Very angry Troll barges in is an amazing way to start an adventure.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this thread because OP has great ideas.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • katnip
    katnip
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Necroing this thread because OP has great ideas.

Nuff Said
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consider it necroed.
    There was one event way back when. Had to follow clues to find a khajiit dev. I lost due to fasing. That's a problem.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    Consider it necroed.
    There was one event way back when. Had to follow clues to find a khajiit dev. I lost due to fasing. That's a problem.

That was a fun event. :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, great ideas.

A GM event I'd like to see:

- Hunting down a rogue assassin leaving a trail of bodies and calling cards of their next target.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    GW2 did stuff like this in its beta weekends in 2012, where they had a map go all Hunger Games simulator and another map had a dragon attack et cetera. Would be great alongside holiday events to make Tamriel more alive, though it's not something that seems to be in ZOS' tech arsenal atm and with their current development cycle I doubt they have time to do this.
  • jim_mau
    jim_mau
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for more stuff like this, maybe even seasonal events, lore accurate or not.

more interaction