The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

One Tamriel Faction Questlines Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a quick one.

With One Tamriel coming ZOS should create ZOS should add small faction Questlines for each Alliance. Players who are of one alliance would travel across the other two alliances to complete quests for their faction. Think of this as being a sort of "Espionage across Tamriel" narrative.

Once the player completes their faction questline they could gain access to dailies for their specific faction. These dailies could earn players AP to encourage those players to partake in PVP.

Other Possible Faction Specific Perks:
  • Access to Faction-specific PVE skill lines
  • Access to Faction Hideouts that are hidden throughout the other two Alliance's Zones
  • Access to Faction Tabards
  • Access to alternate Alliance style Motifs

What do you think? Would you like Faction Questlines? What else would help you feel an actual association with your faction once One Tamriel becomes a reality?
Edited by Gidorick on June 13, 2016 7:42PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea, it would keep a sense of Faction loyalty alive. Outside Cyrodiil.
    Edited by nimander99 on June 13, 2016 9:39PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Once the player completes their faction questline they could gain access to dailies for their specific faction. These dailies could earn players AP to encourage those players to partake in PVP.

I have wanted dailies in the various cities across Tamriel since I first did the city dailies in Cyrodiil. Now with all the repeatable quests we are getting with the DLC's I would really like to see new quests added to the old zone's cities. The possibilities are literally endless.

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of restricting new content, and I don't think it'll be happening. There's a reason they added Silver/Gold and ways to acquire the other IC motifs. Alliance zone dailies are a good idea but why should they be faction-specific?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of restricting new content, and I don't think it'll be happening. There's a reason they added Silver/Gold and ways to acquire the other IC motifs. Alliance zone dailies are a good idea but why should they be faction-specific?

All restrictions are being lifted, not sure if u heard but One Tamriel is coming.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by restricted @Legoless ?

This would be a way to make your faction choice more meaningful.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    As in, a Pact character would be unable to enter a Dominion hideout or craft an alt Covenant style. Meaningful it may be, but I'd prefer to be able to complete all content.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As in, a Pact character would be unable to enter a Dominion hideout or craft an alt Covenant style. Meaningful it may be, but I'd prefer to be able to complete all content.

Oh, so you mean that you wouldn't want to have a questline that you couldn't complete because you are one faction and the questline is for another faction.

Well, I guess that is just a difference in philosophy @Legoless ... and our views are equally valid. Personally, I want questlines that are:
    • Faction Specific
    • Race Specific
    • Class Specific

I like to feel like my choices are meaningful... That being said, if ZOS institutes faction changing (like I have suggested in my Tamriel United concept https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270173/tamriel-united/p1 ) then faction questlines wouldn't be locked...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    All restrictions are being lifted, not sure if u heard but One Tamriel is coming.
    @nimander99 Legoless is responding to the OP which is proposing new, faction-locked quests, skills and locations that would come alongside the lifting of all other restrictions.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    @nimander99 Legoless is responding to the OP which is proposing new, faction-locked quests, skills and locations that would come alongside the lifting of all other restrictions.

Yea... I think having some differences between what you can do while you play is a good thing to have. It encourages replay!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Faction Wars
    This is something like Cyrodil except battles take place in a town or fort in different factions territories and it's massive PvE, Players Versus Npcs. It doesn't really make sense that the alliances only fight in Cyrodil since they are competing against each other, at least to me. This would be an instance with about 100 players total defending their nation's specific city or fort.

How to Participate:
    To Participate all you do is unlock the content via a quest from your alliance leader. Then you teleport or travel to a location where an attack is about to start or has started. Upon entering the door you are taken into an instanced battle between two alliances. Up to a 100 players can enter this instance as long as they are in your alliance. You then battle alongside them and your alliance npcs and generals until your army is defeated or you defeat the other army consisting of enemy npcs. There is no players from an opposing alliance. This content is strictly PvE.

tamriel_map_factions.jpg

Each faction would have a defending leader or generals and the invading force would have a leader or generals. These generals or leaders would raise morale when their respective army is doing well and grant their army a few army wide boons. If the generals or leaders army is doing poorly, morale lowers and their respective army gets army wide penalties. Also each army would have elite allies both humanoid or titanic monsters that fight for them.

High Morale Army Boons:
    • Rain Of Arrows: Your army's npc archers unleash their arrows all at once barraging the enemies from the skies.Activating a synergy as this happens close by allows the various real players to join in on the arrow carnage.
    • Spattering Oil: Npcs pour hot oil over enemies from the fort or city walls. Activating a synergy around the targets area allows various players to ignite the oil increasing burning damage.
    • Surge of Waters: Your armies magicians can call down the rain from the skies. Activating a synergy around the targets area allows various players to cast shock increasing damage by 5% to surrounding enemies.

Low Morale Army Penalties:
    • Cries Of The Wounded: Your armies injured incur a bleeding damage taken. Activating a synergy on wounded targets removes the bleeding debuff.
    • Flight Unabridged: Your armies archers incur heavy damage and cannot activate a Rain Of Arrows. Players must go defeat enemies around them attacking them.
    • Barrier In Danger: Your doors and barricades are being destroyed and face destruction. Players must go defeat enemies that are damaging it. A synergy can be activated by players which allows the players to repair damaged doors and barricades.

maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20121128080522

leader-aldmeri-dominion.jpg
    1. A Faction will invade another faction's city or fort every 3-6 hours after the last battle.
    2. In between the last invasion an army will make preparations then proceed to march on a city or fort.
    3. Upon arriving an assault will ensue and will not end until on side or the other is defeated.

factionwars2.jpg

Faction War Levels:
    There are 7 Levels of difficulty on Faction Wars.
    • The first defensive or offensive battle starts at Level 1 on the front lines in an occupation zone.
    • After you defeat the first invader, the next city's or fort's next invasion will be Level 2 on the second line of defense.
    • After you defeat the 2nd invasion, the 3rd city's or fort's next invasion will be level 3 at the third line of defense.
    • And so on and so forth.
    • The Final Level 7 battle will be a major city or fort. After the final stand is over the level resets to 1 and it begins anew at the front lines.

Each level of difficulty has the invading forces grow in numbers and numbers of elite type enemies. The level resets to 1 when your faction either defends at Level 7 successfully or loses to an invader. And the cycle starts anew.

Faction War Strategies:
    Though Faction Wars are a group effort, it is often too chaotic to organize any true strategy, so most people attempt to help out, while maxing out their EXP/IS bonus. Some basic strategies are:
    • Stay near one of the leaders or generals.
    • If you are a damage dealer, /assist them and attack their target.
    • If you are a healer help buff them, and keep them alive with cures when they get in trouble. This is especially true if your faction has lost a number of the leaders or generals.
    • Attack the elite enemies. The enemies will tend to retreat once all of their leaders or generals are defeated, even if the total enemy forces have not been defeated.
    • On the other hand, the elite enemies or Mega Bosses of the armies take a ridiculously long time to defeat and should be kited, as defeating them is not necessary to win. (And, often, if substantial damage is done to them, they will probably call off the battle, even if the invading enemy has not been demplished in total numbers.
    • Targeting weaker or lower HP enemies, that can be defeated quickly, to reduce the total number of enemies in the area, freeing up more players and NPCs to have an easier time defeating elite enemies or generals. After defeating an enemy, look around for enemies that have already been heavily damaged and help finish them.

For melees:
    Fight and stun as needed. Good gear/food is highly recommended, as many players have trouble hitting Faction War enemies hard reliably, even at 50 with max champion points. Food is lost upon death.

For healers:
    Cure and buff NPCs (especially the leaders or generals) and anyone else around.
    Stun, knockbacks, and snares can be helpful.
    If you have a protected position and there are a mob of enemies on a General, an AoE effect can help, but be careful you don't get too much hate.
    Unless your PC can handle heavy amounts of lag, stay away from the initial waves, particularly in the key areas inside the battle, as these tend to have lag issues.
    The leading leader of each army has something special in order to defeat them. For example, players should generally avoid magic damage on Queen Ayrenn because she frequently uses a Magic Shield-like ability which causes said damage to heal instead of hurt her.

Allies:
    Players are not alone in Faction Wars. They have the assistance of other players in addition to other npcs and the generals in their army.

Rewards:
    • Every Faction Battle rewards players with experience points and alliance points in their respective alliance..
    • These alliance points act as a rank and also count as a currency to buy items and Alliance Motif Gear.
    • Your Alliance rank determines what items are available, with each rank the goods available are more potent and cool looking.
    • Players can use that currency to buy special items or gear relevant and bound to this content.
    • Alliance rank also allows the player to access special quest that are allowed for a set amount of alliance points.
    • The Alliance rank starts at Level 1 and each rank cost 10,000 alliance points. The Alliance Rank caps at Level 10.

You can unlock Alliance Specific Skill lines participating in this content. Each rank is unlocked as you advance in the alliance ranks. I list some possible passives and ZoS would have to add some Alliance Specific Active skills to compliment this.

Unlockable Faction Specific Passive PvE Skill lines:

Rise Of The Ebonheart
    • Rank 1:The King's Mercy- Resurrecting during this Faction War content costs no soul gems
    • Rank 2:The King's Zest- The healing done and healing received from you and allied npcs are increased by 10% in this Faction War content.
    • Rank 3:The King's Steed- Movement Speed increased by 10% during this Faction War content.
    • Rank 4:The King's Zest- Health Recovery increased by 10% during this Faction War content.
    • Rank 5:The King's Blessing- Magicka recovery increased by 10% during this Faction War content.
    • Rank 6:The King's Vibrancy- Stamina Recovery increased by 10% during this Faction War Content.
    • Rank 7:The Hand Of Ebonheart- The damage of Alliance Specific Active skills is increased by 5% during this Faction War content.
    • Rank 8:The Soul Of Ebonheart- The Cost of Alliance Specific Active Skills is decreased by 10% during this Faction War Content.
    • Rank 9:The Breath Of Ebonheart- Damage received decreased by 10% during this Faction War content.
    • Rank 10:Wrath Of The Ebonheart- Grants you an ability to use an Alliance Specific Ultimate Ability.

I have said this before but I came from FFXI. They had a massive PvE event called Besieged which gave me the idea for this. I would like to see something like this in Elder Scrolls Online. A type of event that gives a sense of us against them but not direct PvP. It would add more meaning to what faction I belong to and some fun

Edited by Kalifas on June 26, 2016 1:46AM
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way you're thinking @Kalifas ! As long as your concept stays PVE and I would personally prefer it if players could partake play offense for their faction against others and defense in their own faction.

I like the idea of defending your own turf or attacking your enemies in an area that isn't PVP focused.

I don't care much for the idea of yet another currency... the faction "loyalty" points to spend should just be alliance points. Simulating PVP could also serve to teach players HOW to PVP. They could learn how to capture keeps and how to be effective in Cyrodiil without actually setting foot inside Cyrodiil.

I think the concept of levels could be accomplished with "occupation zones". The low level battle begins at the frontlines of the defense. If that line isn't held, the battle extends to the next occupation zone. If that line isn't held, it extended again. As the front line is pushed back into that borderzone, each occupation zone becomes more difficult. So the first occupation zone is level one, then level two, then level three, as the enemy moved inland.

This concept could get really deep and complex with towns being occupied by the enemy and zones getting overtaken by other factions. While this wouldn't impact the day to day questing, it could impact things like... prices and availability at merchants and the completion of writs.

All of this could be tied into the perpetual faction questlines very easily. I don't know how offense AND defense could work in One Tamriel... that could get messy as far as the mechanics are concerned.

Overall I think you have a winning concept @Kalifas ! Keep 'em coming!

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since this topic is addressing One Tamriel I have to ask.. If all alliances will be playing together in the pve zones, will a player from two opposing alliances be able to wed through the amulet of mara? Not planning on marrying off my character, this is just out of plain curiousity.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't actually believe you when I read it would be a quick one... but it was!

I think this would be really cool. As a mainly PvE player they are pretty much making my faction meaningless and not matter... this would help me differentiate between my characters in different factions!

(AD for life!)

Seratopia wrote: »
    Since this topic is addressing One Tamriel I have to ask.. If all alliances will be playing together in the pve zones, will a player from two opposing alliances be able to wed through the amulet of mara? Not planning on marrying off my character, this is just out of plain curiousity.

@Seratopia that is scandalous!! Really it sounds like the game won't even care what your faction is so in theory we should be able to.. but it really depends on how they changed everything behind the scenes. I'd love to know this too but I get a feeling we won't learn much about one Tamriel until it's closer.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel?
    Do I hear open world PvP? PLEASE!!!!!
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way you're thinking @Kalifas ! As long as your concept stays PVE and I would personally prefer it if players could partake play offense for their faction against others and defense in their own faction.

I like the idea of defending your own turf or attacking your enemies in an area that isn't PVP focused.

I don't care much for the idea of yet another currency... the faction "loyalty" points to spend should just be alliance points. Simulating PVP could also serve to teach players HOW to PVP. They could learn how to capture keeps and how to be effective in Cyrodiil without actually setting foot inside Cyrodiil.

I think the concept of levels could be accomplished with "occupation zones". The low level battle begins at the frontlines of the defense. If that line isn't held, the battle extends to the next occupation zone. If that line isn't held, it extended again. As the front line is pushed back into that borderzone, each occupation zone becomes more difficult. So the first occupation zone is level one, then level two, then level three, as the enemy moved inland.

This concept could get really deep and complex with towns being occupied by the enemy and zones getting overtaken by other factions. While this wouldn't impact the day to day questing, it could impact things like... prices and availability at merchants and the completion of writs.

All of this could be tied into the perpetual faction questlines very easily. I don't know how offense AND defense could work in One Tamriel... that could get messy as far as the mechanics are concerned.

Overall I think you have a winning concept @Kalifas ! Keep 'em coming!
    Absolutely! I would have it no other way than to have this be PvE only. Yes it works exactly like that, you defend your own turf or attack enemies turf.

In FFXI there was a faction currency called conquest points. You could get a buff that would give you bonus XP in nation areas and the ability to purchase gear depending on your nation rank. The ranks went from level 1 to level 10. So I am fine with the faction loyalty points as you said you liked.

Well in the other game I referenced it did affect like prices and availability of merchant. The merchants would get taken prisoner for X amount of days in the enemies forts. You could rescue them if you wanted them to return to the nation city.
    I didn't mention npc disappearing because I don't know how that would be received in today's mmos and how everything has to be accessible.

I have one question. What do you mean by how offense and defense could work and could get messy? Do you mean combat mechanics or actual lore breaking stuff or just messy as in the content layout?

I am going to revise the idea a bit and edit the faction loyalty in.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    I have one question. What do you mean by how offense and defense could work and could get messy? Do you mean combat mechanics or actual lore breaking stuff or just messy as in the content layout?

well @Kalifas , I mean like this:

If everyone is playing in the same "Tamriel" and players can either defend their turf or attack the enemies turf, wouldn't that mean they would be fighting eachother?

A Daggerfall Redguard is defending his home and a Khajiit Aldmeri is attacking the daggerfall front. Wouldn't they be on opposing sides of the battle if they are at the same location? How would you reconcile the different play perspectives and NOT allow them to hurt one another? The only thing I can think is if the battling was done with weapons of war and there were enough NPCs on each side to make the fact that players are not attacking players not noticeable. As a player though, you'd still come across an instance where you see another player mowing down your ally NPCs, and you can't do anything about it. Wouldn't you?

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »

well @Kalifas , I mean like this:

If everyone is playing in the same "Tamriel" and players can either defend their turf or attack the enemies turf, wouldn't that mean they would be fighting eachother?

A Daggerfall Redguard is defending his home and a Khajiit Aldmeri is attacking the daggerfall front. Wouldn't they be on opposing sides of the battle if they are at the same location? How would you reconcile the different play perspectives and NOT allow them to hurt one another? The only thing I can think is if the battling was done with weapons of war and there were enough NPCs on each side to make the fact that players are not attacking players not noticeable. As a player though, you'd still come across an instance where you see another player mowing down your ally NPCs, and you can't do anything about it. Wouldn't you?
    Oh ok now I see. Perhaps I didn't clarify what I meant by this content. It is like an instanced massive PvE city or fort. It's not open like Cyrodil. You teleport or enter through the front gates during an attack on your own city/fort or an enemies city/fort.
    This content is alliance bound, meaning that whichever instance you enter you only team up with players in your own nation and the army and generals from your own alliance. The enemy side has no players from that alliance fighting you, it is pure NPC generals and elite enemies.

It preserves the idea that you are still part of an alliance and not some wandering warrior who fights on all sides. There is no player versus player or it would be Cyrodil.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz Lol scandalous? They're already going to let us quest peacefully.. Why not let us marry one another too for the xp gain? (Don't bite me I am neutral on it lol) I'm sure two characters could "fall in love" romeo and juliet style during all their traveling together.

Cyrodiil would be an awkward time for them though for sure. :smiley: