The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Furrier, A Pet Shop Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the Crown Store starts to take off I feel the need to add another concept to some of what I have discussed before (The Guilds Act, Khajiit and Dunmer Mount Sellers , & Immersive Crown Store).

TL/DR
We need NPC Storefronts to buy pets!

Furrier Shop
Within the context of ESO there should be some presence of the Furrier Guild that exists at this time in Tamriel. A Furrier is pretty much someone who sells furs. The idea here is that the Furrier is actually raising animals for their hides, and you can go there and ‘rescue’ these little animals and take them on as your very own pets!

This would give these animals a physical presence in ESO which would entice players to buy pets that they can take with them. The additional furrier aspect of this shop is just for flair and atmosphere. :wink:

The furrier’s shop could exist inside a small fenced area where various pets could be romping around playfully; completely oblivious to the fate that awaits them. Handing inside the furrier shop/cart would be various furs and hides. When the player speaks to the Furrier they could be presented with the following:
“A hearty hail and hello there. What can I do for you today?”
  • What are all these animals for?
    • This could lead to a conversation about killing and skinning the little guys and the existence and use of the Furrier's Guild.
  • Let me see your wares (Store)
  • I’d like to buy one of the live ones. (Crown Store Pets)
  • Goodbye
The Furrier store could sell, for in game gold, the following materials:
  • Rawhide
  • Hide
  • Leather
  • Thick Leather
  • Topgrain Hide
  • Iron Hide
  • Supurb Hide
  • Shadowhide
The Furrier could also give players an in-game reason to access the Crown Store and purchase little animals to follow them around. They’re not pets… they’re rescue cases!

Some of the mainstays of the Crown Store, such as the Striped Senche-Panther, could be permanent fixtures with other pets that romp around that could be changed out regularly. This would allow players to get a good look at the new pet before they commit to purchase and many will be enticed as they run past and see a new pet that was just added.

Later, the Furrier could be expanded to include Furrier Guild Writs that include MMO Staple quests of “Gather 10/25/50/100 Topgrain Rawhide” or even story driven quests to trap a new pet type. Will there be harpies for sale as pets next month in the Crown Store? Create a Furrier quest the month prior to go capture a harpy or two!

Thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on April 24, 2015 12:17AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't there already an awful lot of furries in ESO?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 27, 2015 6:47PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. Not the same thing @runagate
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Silvertiburon_11_ESO
    Silvertiburon_11_ESO
    Soul Shriven
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katia__pet_khajiit_by_killerfishsg-d893g3h.jpg

Make it happen.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is worried about furriers ...

Both Santie and Nibbles would like to keep the fur they have thank you!

17015617548_9b658cfcf8.jpgSantie and Nibbles in Reapers March by wenxue2222, on Flickr
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll have a white senche jacket and a pair of argonian hide shoes please.
    Wololo.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh... That would be an interesting dynamic to the furrier, if you could get hide off the bodies of beast-people and get materials made from them.

Argonian boots anyone?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of the need for crown store adverts, I think the furrier would be perfect for advertising pets....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Whendim_ESO
    Whendim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I heartily support this idea. Perhaps the guy in Glenumbra with the pig sty could go into business?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heartily support this idea. Perhaps the guy in Glenumbra with the pig sty could go into business?

Yes! That guy would be perfect!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    you should be able to buy the not as cool ones for in game gold

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    just add a Conversation option to "Save" or "buy" a Pet, with a (note) that (this will take you to the Crown Store, where you can save a Cute and Cuddly from a life as a Hat or Handbag!!)

this covers any arguments that might arise over loss of control of immersion, and directs traffic to where they want to go in a speedy and neat manner.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry_Wolfe wrote: »
    just add a Conversation option to "Save" or "buy" a Pet, with a (note) that (this will take you to the Crown Store, where you can save a Cute and Cuddly from a life as a Hat or Handbag!!)

this covers any arguments that might arise over loss of control of immersion, and directs traffic to where they want to go in a speedy and neat manner.

hehe. Love it!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    As an argonian I have to be against this idea. I am afraid that people might be tempted to harvest argonian scales to satisfy the market for these kinds of leathers. The market demand would surely be high for this kind of material.

((I vote no. Basically, if you need leathers and hides, you should go kill the mobs that drop them. Even if you're over the level to get loot from them they will still drop their crafting mats when you kill them if they would have anyway.))
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    leshpar wrote: »
    As an argonian I have to be against this idea. I am afraid that people might be tempted to harvest argonian scales to satisfy the market for these kinds of leathers. The market demand would surely be high for this kind of material.

((I vote no. Basically, if you need leathers and hides, you should go kill the mobs that drop them. Even if you're over the level to get loot from them they will still drop their crafting mats when you kill them if they would have anyway.))

i think you'd be better warned being more afraid of getting bitten by a vampire or mauled by a werewolf given the state of the current epidemic.

I also think that selling crafting materials is over the top.
    Edited by Cry_Wolfe on May 18, 2015 5:12AM