The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow Multiple Pets Followers

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a simple suggestion: add a way for players to have more than one pet follow them around. Two, three, or four pets would make a lot of players happy and if the additional slots were Crown Store purchases (and we all know they would be) ZOS would make quite a bit of money in both pet slot sales and additional pet sales.

In this image the player has 2 pets:
6171419a2853770f430556e558fc8d89.jpg
Edited by Gidorick on April 19, 2015 8:07PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    And make sure to add an additional option for other users to stop viewing.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betahkiin wrote: »

Is there the option to not view pets now?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Here is a simple suggestion: add a way for players to have more than one pet follow them around. Two, three, or four pets would make a lot of players happy and if the additional slots were Crown Store purchases (and we all know they would be) ZOS would make quite a bit of money in both pet slot sales and additional pet sales.

The image also shows that the user can stand beside his mount, which is not possible in the game today.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The image also shows that the user can stand beside his mount, which is not possible in the game today.

yea... I mention suggested that here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165659/tangible-mounts-advanced-concept
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a problem if someone comes over a hill in cyrodiil with 100 pets tagging along ;)
    Verily..Noah cometh!

Would have been nice to have a couple of pets though..perhaps no more than 3 ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 19, 2015 8:40PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha... it will only be a matter of time before PvPers start whining about "pet lag".
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. wait.. I thought pets were disallowed in Cyrodiil...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is an option for us to hide pets im ok with this. That way players can have there multiple pets but only they can see them.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. wait.. I thought pets were disallowed in Cyrodiil...

They are . No pets in war zones!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    As long as there is an option for us to hide pets im ok with this. That way players can have there multiple pets but only they can see them.

Is there the option to not view pets now?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    1+

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other have previously stated; just as long as there is an option to turn my viewing other players pets OFF.
    It's already getting to be a PitA in dungeons with the hordes of pets running around multiple groups while trying to fight mobs.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that the ability to turn pets off is necessary, but it would be a nice function, generally.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 19, 2015 1:03PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the "turn off" option.. 1 pet I can deal with, as in some cases it makes sense to for example have a hound as companion.. But an entire zoo would imo be an eyesore
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love this myself, but they really need to fix the pet following script so they don't keep disappearing as soon as I cross a river or traverse rough terrain. The following script for sorcerer's pets is way more stable and should be used in a similar form for the pets.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple what they should of done from the start make it toggle-able so we dont have to see peoples pets.
    Multiple pets means more money for them so i am fine with that.
    Just have it so i can block out all pets together or heck make it so only the player can see their own pets.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also agree that adding an option to "hide all pets" must happen before people could be allowed to have more than one pet out at a time.

I have no desire to see six thousand pets all over the place.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would get really messy really fast.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you guys be willing to PAY for the option to turn off other peoples pets? :trollface:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like an option to turn off pets. If they weren't so noisy I'd like them more.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

Great suggestion to hide pets but only if it no longer taxed a PC. I haven't seen pets being an issue on players lag like can happen in other games but I always side with precaution and have everyone take their pets off for raids.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the turn-off button as I think it's client-side only.

I care *A LOT* about server performance.

If it doesn't lag the game any further, then yes.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    I don't care about the turn-off button as I think it's client-side only.

I care *A LOT* about server performance.

If it doesn't lag the game any further, then yes.

True, it would affect server performance.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would affect performance for purely cosmetic reasons, and even if you could turn them off client-side, the server would still have to keep track of where all those pets are, so I'd have to be opposed.
    The Moot Councillor
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭

That would be a nice implementation, but I don't think ZOS will, or can, do it. From what I hear they can not implement cloaks/capes because it caused too much lag. Now not as many people run around with pets out as it is, but if you start allowing people to have more, there could be a problem.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if people think to themselves at all "will my suggestion help game functionality or hinder it?"???

See... junk shop pets offer no benefit to the game, they do literally nothing except make said buyer feel special for whatever their own reasoning. They don't help in fights, advance quest lines, help you level up...absolutely nothing except force the server to create additional graphics. In a game with players constantly complaining of lag.

So swinging back to point, would allowing more of them help ESO or hurt ESO?

That said, I'd be okay if you could have 100 pets following you ONLY if I got the option to turn every. single. one. off.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with multiple pets. But then i'd like ZOS to implement a tax system at bank door. A guard would stop you and collects 10g per active pet. Few pet sorcs inside is already too much.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rational behind this suggestion @Psychobunni is quite simple.

1. People would like it
    2. ZOS would make money

More money = better ESO (one would hope, anyway).

I think @retyler3_ESO is right, though. I don't think they could add this without it being a detriment to performance.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree to this if they give us the option to not display other peoples pets. I would rather not have them taking up my CPU/GPU memory.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rational behind this suggestion @Psychobunni is quite simple.

1. People would like it
    2. ZOS would make money

More money = better ESO (one would hope, anyway).

I think @retyler3_ESO is right, though. I don't think they could add this without it being a detriment to performance.

I can make money selling stuff on the corner too, which those customers would like :D doesn't make it a wise choice.

I hadn't read through the comments, only the OP when I answered earlier. I wasn't speaking of just this OP in particular, its a lot of suggestions that pop up that make me wonder how far past "I want" people consider them. I even suggested once to one mod or another a "how to post on the forum" sticky (especially since they are so heavily mod'ing) which should include "does your suggestion offer more benefit to the game as a whole than harm" or some version. Anyhow, I wasn't trying to single you out specifically @Gidorick , I was rushed and my sincere apologies if it came across that way :)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!