The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Navigation Indicators Toggles Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just playing through some of ESO and was thinking about how I wish ZOS would implement a more immersive map system (my suggestions can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154057/eso-advanced-mapping-concept/p1 ) and had a thought of a different way ZOS could enhance ESO's map to increase immersion. This concept could work in conjunction or independently from my linked thread.

ZOS should give players a couple of "Navigation Indicator" toggle options. This would ass the following toggles to the settings menu.
  • Compass Landmark Indicators
  • Compass Quest Indicators
  • Map Landmark Indicators
  • Map Quest Indicators
  • UI Quest Indicators
  • Player Location Toggle

By "Landmarks" I mean the locations that fill out on your map as you explore and discover new areas.

Turning off the UI Quest Indicators would turn off the floating chevrons over points of interest in the game UI.

The Player Location Toggle would unattach the player and the map. Opening the map would open the map of the player's current location but there wouldn't be an arrow telling the player where they are and the map wouldn't center on the player. The player would use in world references to determine their location on the map. Just like a real map!

Imagine opening the map and it just looks like...
600px-Esoglenumbraregionmap.jpg
Without the little arrow. :wink:

or even...

38750588_341.jpg

I am suggesting these be toggles because not all players would like these options... and as always, I would be more than willing to pay for this feature in the crown store.

And please note, yes, I'm aware there are addons for some of these (I use No Interface Pins myself) but I think these options should be available to ALL players of ESO.

So, thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on May 13, 2016 9:23PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Most players wouldn't ever toggle UI map enhancements off. I would probably enjoy it depending on my mood. I don't see why this couldn't happen except any work put into this would take away from content like dlc they can make money off. I don't see a ton of people paying to remove convenience.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    Most players wouldn't ever toggle UI map enhancements off. I would probably enjoy it depending on my mood. I don't see why this couldn't happen except any work put into this would take away from content like dlc they can make money off. I don't see a ton of people paying to remove convenience.

Lol. That's true. To be used it would likely have to be part of a base game expansion.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally on board with this idea. Other than installing third party addons that can negatively effect game performance, there's no other way to do this and it would be a really nice feature to have. I would like to toggle off a lot of things I don't need, since it creates quite a bit of "map lag" whenever you open your map and have all the POI's unlocked.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    I'm totally on board with this idea. Other than installing third party addons that can negatively effect game performance, there's no other way to do this and it would be a really nice feature to have. I would like to toggle off a lot of things I don't need, since it creates quite a bit of "map lag" whenever you open your map and have all the POI's unlocked.

Hmm... I could see the toggles being added to the map itself instead of the settings menu. Click the icon in the legend to toggle on or off. That would be much more intuitive.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.