The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DLC Token for ESO+ Members

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
One of the things that keeps me from subscribing to ESO+ is the idea that we loose access to the DLC if we unsubscribe. I would much prefer a system where we earned permanent ownership of a DLC license for subscribing for multiple months. Since DLC is going to release once a quarter, I suggest ZOS add the following to two of the tiers of the subscription model:

90 Day Subscription:
  • 1 DLC Token Redeemable for 1 standard DLC.

180 Day Subscription
  • 2 DLC Tokens Redeemable for 1 standard DLC each.

DLC Tokens should be able to also be "upgraded" with Crowns to allow players to buy the Collectors Editions of DLC. Functionally I guess players could use the DLC token + 2000 Crowns to purchase a Collector's Token.

Along with this, ZOS should add the 90 and 180 subs to consoles. Why they don't have that option is beyond me.
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we have crowns (well Xbox one doesn't give them it seems due to a new issue with ESO plus) but otherwise the token so to speak are the crowns

The "more than 30 day" console sub prob will not get approved until ZOS can get their system fixed cause many of us on consoles still aren't getting crowns on renewals or on new ESO subs.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2016 1:45AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we have crowns (well Xbox one doesn't give them it seems due to a new issue with ESO plus) but otherwise the token so to speak are the crowns

The Crowns should be considered to be for things like consumables... and costumes... and mounts. If ZOS did this and a player bought the Collectors Edition DLC every time they would have 2500 Crowns to spend every three months... how much does that buy you? Not a whole lot, but enough to give you a couple little things. If a player saves all their crowns and buys the collectors editions every time they're not really getting anything "extra" for subbing. The exact opposite actually, since it's cheaper to just buy the crown packs.

ANYWAY... I'm just saying it would make the ESO+ Sub more enticing. ESO+ players should feel rewarded and special for being ESO+ members... do they now?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

The Crowns should be considered to be for things like consumables... and costumes... and mounts. If ZOS did this and a player bought the Collectors Edition DLC every time they would have 2500 Crowns to spend every three months... how much does that buy you? Not a whole lot, but enough to give you a couple little things. If a player saves all their crowns and buys the collectors editions every time they're not really getting anything "extra" for subbing. The exact opposite actually, since it's cheaper to just buy the crown packs.

ANYWAY... I'm just saying it would make the ESO+ Sub more enticing. ESO+ players should feel rewarded and special for being ESO+ members... do they now?

O K. Makes sense.

Maybe they could put it in the console stores too (The actual DLC) so it'll apply to the game and not one server.
    I'm pushing I know :smiley:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already get tokens. They are called crowns. If people are silly enough to not buy a DLC they like with the crowns they get from subscribing, that's their problem.

:-P
    The Moot Councillor
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better (at this time at least) to just purchase 5500 crown packs than subscribe. I'm not sure why people sub to the game at this point.
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    i think after the bottomless crafting bag for eso+ members the number of subs will increase anyway... so zos doesnt really have to do anything else to motivate people atm... i get your idea and its not a bad one.. but like mentioned by others the crowns could serve to buy the dlcs you like...
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the concept. I have never unsubbed to ESO as I enjoy the game and want to support it. However I do dislike the thought of having to spend thousands of crowns to get the DLC I had if I do ever unsub.

So yeah, really like the idea.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »
    i think after the bottomless crafting bag for eso+ members the number of subs will increase anyway...

As will the whining from the non-subscribers who will feel entitled to the bottomless crafting bags too :smile: !

As for the OP's suggestion, while I would be in favour of it I don't see it as a particularly important thing to me. I'm happy with the present system. I have two accounts and rotate a single sub between them so that I always have more than enough Crowns to buy the DLCs anyway. I'm not interested in anything else in the Crown Store.
    Edited by Tandor on February 1, 2016 9:44AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    It's better (at this time at least) to just purchase 5500 crown packs than subscribe. I'm not sure why people sub to the game at this point.

My reason was the announced ESO+ exclusive crafting bag - if it would not be for that, i would not have subscribed. But I am showing my good will with it, now I wait and see if ZOS is keeping their word. For now I trust them, but trust is easily broken, if they don't get this right or make the bag available in the cash shop (cancelling it's exclusivity), this would be bait and switch.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think after the bottomless crafting bag for eso+ members the number of subs will increase anyway... so zos doesnt really have to do anything else to motivate people atm... i get your idea and its not a bad one.. but like mentioned by others the crowns could serve to buy the dlcs you like...

Well, with this crafting bag thing there is a bitter taste with it for those, who own the DLCs already. Because if I want this bag, I have to stay subscribed, which renders my already bought DLCs worthless and I have to consider the crowns spent on them a loss. They would just be worth something, when I would unsubscribe again, but then I would loose the crafting bag - so regardless what I do, there is loss - and that makes these crafting bags a pretty bitter pill for those owning the DLCs already.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Well, with this crafting bag thing there is a bitter taste with it for those, who own the DLCs already. Because if I want this bag, I have to stay subscribed, which renders my already bought DLCs worthless and I have to consider the crowns spent on them a loss. They would just be worth something, when I would unsubscribe again, but then I would loose the crafting bag - so regardless what I do, there is loss - and that makes these crafting bags a pretty bitter pill for those owning the DLCs already.

This is actually a VERY good point @Lysette. I like INCENTIVES to sub not extortion mechanics.

Check out this thread about how crafting bags could be implemented that avoids your concern.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212349/an-idea-for-how-crafting-bags-could-be-implemented-for-eso-members
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get crowns for subbing. I always buy the DLCs with those, even while staying subbed. For me, its a "putting my money where my mouth is" kind of thing.

Not quite sure about the crafting bags though, guess I'll make up my mind about them when I see how they did 'em...
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually a VERY good point @Lysette. I like INCENTIVES to sub not extortion mechanics.

Check out this thread about how crafting bags could be implemented that avoids your concern.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212349/an-idea-for-how-crafting-bags-could-be-implemented-for-eso-members
    1. Create a dead guild of lowbie players that quit the game after realizing it's not Skyrim Online. ;)
    2. Turn their permissions to zero on the guild bank.
    3. Profit. Have fun with your extra 500 slots for free.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted

1. Create a dead guild of lowbie players that quit the game after realizing it's not Skyrim Online. ;)

I inherited a guild like this - so I got lucky, I guess.
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭

well if it turns out to big a bigger issue they could always bring to option of buying the bottomless bag for like 5k crowns or somthin...
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted

I inherited a guild like this - so I got lucky, I guess.

I have three. Granted, there's not much use for anything beyond the one.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched to DCL at Orsinium. I think all those who've unlocked all DLCs should have access to ESO+ benefits.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things that keeps me from subscribing to ESO+ is the idea that we loose access to the DLC if we unsubscribe. I would much prefer a system where we earned permanent ownership of a DLC license for subscribing for multiple months. Since DLC is going to release once a quarter, I suggest ZOS add the following to two of the tiers of the subscription model:

90 Day Subscription:
    • 1 DLC Token Redeemable for 1 standard DLC.

180 Day Subscription
    • 2 DLC Tokens Redeemable for 1 standard DLC each.

DLC Tokens should be able to also be "upgraded" with Crowns to allow players to buy the Collectors Editions of DLC. Functionally I guess players could use the DLC token + 2000 Crowns to purchase a Collector's Token.

Along with this, ZOS should add the 90 and 180 subs to consoles. Why they don't have that option is beyond me.

I don't understand all the complaints about "losing access to the DLCs upon unsubscribing". You do know you are given 1500 crowns for every month you subscribe, don't you? You will have at least 4500 crowns for subscribing 3 months and that's more than enough to buy a DLC or even a collector's pack given DLCs are released in a quarterly manner. Are people expecting those crowns to be a free bonus?

The way I see it, ESO has never gone B2P. It is always a subscription game in the disguise of B2P, the difference being players are free to choose which DLCs to buy or not. Crown store vanity items are never to be included in ESO+ membership and if you spend the crowns given by subscribing on those stuff and lose access to DLCs, it is by no means ZOS' problem.

It is a problem that ESO+ membership lacks incentives but losing DLC access upon unsubscribing is not.
    Edited by b92303008rwb17_ESO on February 3, 2016 9:48AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I switched to DCL at Orsinium. I think all those who've unlocked all DLCs should have access to ESO+ benefits.

This is actually a good idea. I would as well prefer to "own" the DLCs instead to "rent" them, but I want as well the benefit of the crafting bag. I could caree less about the XP bonus, I am not in a hurry and I think ESO will be around for years to come, so I take my time with enjoying the content.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »

I too think that sounds fair....
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed before Orsinium and decided to go with buying the DLCs. The benefits from a sub are way to low at the moment. They have to rework the system to make it more attractive. If you don't care about overpriced reskins of mounts or costumes you will get more bang for your buck if you just buy the DLCs when they release.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Subscribing already gives you certain benefits.

You get crowns and perks in game.

What you're suggesting is a very cheap way to obtain DLC. Actually almost for free, think about it really.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    Subscribing already gives you certain benefits.

You get crowns and perks in game.

What you're suggesting is a very cheap way to obtain DLC. Actually almost for free, think about it really.

How would it be for free... you would have to spend at least $45 in ESO+ Sub in order to own the DLC you would already have access to as an ESO+ member. Sure you'd also get 4500 crowns but that's a benefit of ESO+ and should be used for crown store fodder like consumables and mounts. If your response is "well, spend those 4500 Crowns on the DLC" Then I submit that then the ONLY benefits you get from subscribing over just buying crown packs is the 10% bonuses.

I can buy a 5500 crown pack for $40, which is $5 less and 1000 crowns more than 3 months of ESO+. I really don't think the 10% bonuses is WORTH what adds up to spending another $15 (if 1000 crowns is the equivalent of $10). Do you @pronkg ?

Edited by Gidorick on February 3, 2016 5:06PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.