The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How belts & hip/crotch/butt flaps should work

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I think ZOS should change how belts and hip/crotch/butt flaps (called tassets) work in ESO. Currently they work like this:
tkgONjo.jpg?1

I would personally prefer if the tassets attached to the belts, like this:
pLJPpUo.jpg?1

Then ZOS could either release tasset-less belts for us to craft or just do what players would like and add a "Hide Tasset" option, similar to helmets.
Uk3hFrv.jpg?1

Anyone else wish belts were more "belt-like"?
Edited by Gidorick on May 9, 2016 11:41AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear god...I'd throw money at the dev who made it possible to hide those insanely irritating flappy things.

They're the main reason I prefer costumes / disguises over gear styles.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea is beautiful. Hell, I'd pay crowns for a crown-store only motif that allowed us to hide ridiculous tassets and shoulder pads. I'd even buy a costume that only hid the shoulders from all crafted armor.

Oh please, ZOS, give me a reason to throw my money at you!
    Edited by Taisynn on May 9, 2016 9:18AM
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done OP. Just well done.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »
    Oh dear god...I'd throw money at the dev who made it possible to hide those insanely irritating flappy things.

They're the main reason I prefer costumes / disguises over gear styles.

The reason I decided to post this idea was because while I don't find Tassets annoying, I know many players do. What I find annoying is that belts are just buckles. They should be more substantial than that. Kind of like a belt.

This is a two problems one solution situation. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus removing geometry from the game can only be a good thing FPS wise.
    Thats 1000s of vertices of screen estate gone when you also consider the players around you.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 9, 2016 11:47AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Plus removing geometry from the game can only be a good thing FPS wise.
    Thats 1000s of vertices of screen estate gone when you also consider the players around you.

I don't know if this would be the case @Rune_Relic , it's possible that whatever resources are "saved" by not rendering the flaps would be consumed by keeping track of who has what toggled and who doesn't. Now, if they decided to just give us different styles of belts (My preference would be we choose the style when crafting the belt), I think it might do what you are suggesting... but who really knows?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done OP. Just well done.

Thanks @SlayerTheDragon ... Mostly I just want to look like Conan. :lol:

Like the far right guy. :relaxed:

pLJPpUo.jpg?1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    But, if the flaps ain't flapping no more, are they than still flaps?

But yes, as is, it's not the best.
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a consumer of belts myself I find this look much more satisfying and appropriate for all audiences . The belly buckle thing is disturbing and unpleasant . Fix Our pants !
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make those pesky buggers optional, and let us wear a beautiful set of armour without them, should we choose so!

#NoMoreFlaps!
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a consumer of belts myself I find this look much more satisfying and appropriate for all audiences . The belly buckle thing is disturbing and unpleasant . Fix Our pants !

I agree @Roehamad_Ali ... the belly-buckle thing irks the heck out of me.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about the hip flaps that look like wings? Can we get rid of those, too? I have deconstructed robes that had no serious reason for having hip flaps because of the oversized flares of stuff floating beside my hips and clipping into my arms. My bosmers low level light jacket suddenly developed hip flaps at the next level. How is she supposed to climb trees with those absurd things floating by her legs?

Actually, I will keep all my tassets if I could get hide the shoulders and hips.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very good suggestion @Gidorick. I hope ZOS takes a look at it and implements this (or at least a similiar system).
    Edited by Kendaric on May 17, 2016 7:43PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • scorpiodog
      scorpiodog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's easier if you don't think of them as belts, but some kind of new fashion belly man-jewelry :smile:
    • Gidorick
      Gidorick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Moonscythe wrote: »
      But what about the hip flaps that look like wings? Can we get rid of those, too? I have deconstructed robes that had no serious reason for having hip flaps because of the oversized flares of stuff floating beside my hips and clipping into my arms. My bosmers low level light jacket suddenly developed hip flaps at the next level. How is she supposed to climb trees with those absurd things floating by her legs?

Actually, I will keep all my tassets if I could get hide the shoulders and hips.

I tried to explain in the OP @Moonscythe , maybe I wasn't clear enough... I'm suggesting ZOS move ALL flaps to belts and that they possibly also let us craft belts without flaps. Your Bosmer low level light jacket wouldn't have flaps, the belt would.
      That's right... Horse.
      Click HERE to discuss.

• Moonscythe
      Moonscythe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ahh, and then we have the option to craft only belts without all the doodads. Hmmm, I can get behind that. Even the naked people would look less naked. I don't actually mind that the belts are just buckles since often the light armor has belts.

Anything to simplify armor is a big plus to me though. I just get irritated by having gloves/gauntlets/bracers fit over the bell sleeves of many light armor pieces. I have taken to just crafting Ancient Elf gloves because they are short. I use only Breton epaulets because they fit on the shoulders though they do not match the texture of other styles and so dye differently. Most light armor looks absurd with big giant pauldrons on women.

Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
      Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
      Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
      Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
      Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
      Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
      Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
      Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    • Ser Lobo
      Ser Lobo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I prefer the buckle option, personally, because it allows me to put a crest or emblem to my player to declare his loyalties. Usually this is an Imperial diamond. So all Mercenary gear, Imperial diamond beltbuckle, and with this system, I would also have Imperial tassets? Might really look funny.

I do support an option to allow players to 'hide' chest, helmet, shoulders, guantlets, or belts. With the functionality of the costume system, there's no reason not to allow a 'hide' option for these zones. If ZOS feels confident, go ahead and allow pants and boots, too, because that would still be more skin covered then the Graht Climbers outfit.

Find a way to add capes and cloaks, and I'll be a happy mofo.
      Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
      Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
      Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
      Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.