The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Accessory and Undergarment Apparel Slots

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a pretty quick one:

ZOS should add TWO additional Apparel slots in the Equipment menu. One for an Accessory and one for Undergarments.
IFdlzXx.png?1

Accessories:
3sA7lvO.png?1

The Accessories available could come in a few categories:
  • Backpack
    13687-2-1332699274.jpg
  • Utility Belts
    50217-4-1390406441.jpg
  • Satchels
    50217-3-1390406566.jpg
  • Bandoliers
    50217-5-1390406567.jpg

Each of these could add actual inventory space to the player and should be able to be opened from the Accessory slot or simply kept in the players inventory. This mechanic would act pretty much in the way I describe in my More Bags and Encumbrance concept: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162693/more-bags-and-encumbrance-concepts/p1

Later, if ZOS decides to ever do this, they could add:
  • Capes and cloaks
    12092-3-1339678890.jpg
    1000995-1343913973.jpg
  • Battle Banners
    274710_sm-.jpg

Undergarments:
ug25V9T.png?1
These articles of clothing could be added to ESO as a new skill (as I suggest in my Tailor skill line suggestion (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167833/eso-tailor-a-new-merchant-and-skill-concept/p1) or they could be added to the Clothier skill line. If this were the case, undergarments could have added benefit to the player above and beyond the benefits of clothing. I mentioned some possibilities in my linked thread.

The other possibility, is for these to be added as costume-type Crown Store items where players simply buy the undergarment and it changes the look of the stock undergarment.
2215-1-1322733209.jpg
19159-1-1340275452.jpg
They could even make the undergarment in different styles that differ greatly from the basic style.
16498-1-1311617877.png

Unlike other clothes, it would be best if undergarments were gender-specific.

So, what do you think ? Do you think these two new apparel slots are needed in ESO or is this asking for too much?
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would add to immersion and I always liked backpacks and stuff like this in RPGs. I would be all for it. But to make it work without clipping with the current outfits might be more work to do than we expect. I am already impressed how well different armor pieces fit together in ESO, I am not used to this from armor mods in Skyrim for example, where there are a couple of visual glitches with certain armor. I have not seen such glitches (clipping issues) in ESO yet.

Edit: Well, I remember now one, where a hood clipped into a shield on the back, but that was a minor one.
    Edited by Lysette on January 20, 2016 4:30AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, ZOS seems to have a "Thing" about clipping. Someone asked about Argonian horns showing through hoods and helmets and ZOS pretty much answered. "naw... we don't like that."

Why shouldn't it be a PLAYER choice? I personally see nothing wrong with it and it seems pretty weird that the horns "go away" when they put on a helmet.
    20861-1-1342850025.jpg

*shrug*
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Edit: Well, I remember now one, where a hood clipped into a shield on the back, but that was a minor one.

yea I could see the shields and weapons being an issue.

ZOS might need to add another "layer" on the back to support backpacks.

I think weapons should clip THROUGH backpacks. I don't think that would be bad at all. Shields should go on TOP of backpacks so the order would be:
    Player <> Backpack <> Shield.

I don't think it's an unsolvable problem. Just one that would need a bit of tweaking
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah yes. I wish to purchase a different undergarment for my female characters.

maxresdefault.jpg
    inner-armors.png
    fem_inner.png?width=683px&height=560px
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

I think weapons should clip THROUGH backpacks. I don't think that would be bad at all. Shields should go on TOP of backpacks so the order would be:

I don't think it's an unsolvable problem. Just one that would need a bit of tweaking

That is what I meant, it needs a bit of work in the art department, they cannot just do it without to match it to the already existing stuff. Major clipping ruins the immersion.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is what I meant, it needs a bit of work in the art department, they cannot just do it without to match it to the already existing stuff. Major clipping ruins the immersion.

I think the amount of money they would rake in would be entirely worth it.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the amount of money they would rake in would be entirely worth it.

Oh yes, these mods with backpacks and satchels and bandoliers were top mods in skyrim and tons of people downloaded them. It simply adds to the roleplay element and it should be implemented in ESO as well.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick most of your ideas are super good but do you realize that to make most of them true it will take a whole team working in that or even hire new people and would cost A LOT in both money and time?
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Gidorick most of your ideas are super good but do you realize that to make most of them true it will take a whole team working in that or even hire new people and would cost A LOT in both money and time?

Gidorick's Crack Immersion Implementation Squad... I like the sound of that :wink:

hehe but yea @Ra'Shtar , I realize that things take time. Time costs money.

I'm just telling ZOS how to get some of my money because what they're doing NOW... won't get much. I started these concepts because I thought ZOS would listen to their customers... of course that was back when ESO was new and shiny and full of the promise of subscription and "world class customer service"...

Now, I honestly don't expect the things I suggest to get implemented. But I got "bored" with ESO long ago and these are the kinds of things that would get me interested in ESO again. The costs associated worth these systems are the reason that many of my ideas include crown store integration. ZOS needs to make that money!

Don't get me wrong. I still play from time to time... but I usually quit because something irritates me. Usually it's an invisible wall.

Edited by Gidorick on January 20, 2016 11:10AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, these mods with backpacks and satchels and bandoliers were top mods in skyrim and tons of people downloaded them. It simply adds to the roleplay element and it should be implemented in ESO as well.

As far as I'm concerned, they can use those exact models, pay the modder for his or her effort and call it a day!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would be awesome. I always say yes to more customization and i think eso needs more of it.

But sadly i dont see this happening just doesnt feel like the Zos way. Buy we can hope.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what do you think ? Do you think these two new apparel slots are needed in ESO or is this asking for too much?
    Needed? No...
    Great? Oblivion, yeah!

I'd buy the underwear options right away - anything to get away from that 20th century look!

BtW, there also could be "floating stuff" in the accessory slot. Ioun-stone style, ot like the lich floating crystals... not to mention, shoulder pets, from raven to bat to parrot, to owl, to whatever...
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the elder undies online

This is something I've always hoped they do though. One of the few things I can say I like in Morrowind is how you can have casual attire under your armour
    Edited by Browiseth on January 20, 2016 8:46PM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needed? No...
    Great? Oblivion, yeah!

I'd buy the underwear options right away - anything to get away from that 20th century look!

BtW, there also could be "floating stuff" in the accessory slot. Ioun-stone style, ot like the lich floating crystals... not to mention, shoulder pets, from raven to bat to parrot, to owl, to whatever...

You know, I considered pets but thought it would be weird to have equipable pets. I wouldn't be opposed to that at all! I like the idea of this Accessory slot being "Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere". Wearable Lanterns would fit well here too.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, ZOS seems to have a "Thing" about clipping. Someone asked about Argonian horns showing through hoods and helmets and ZOS pretty much answered. "naw... we don't like that."

Why shouldn't it be a PLAYER choice? I personally see nothing wrong with it and it seems pretty weird that the horns "go away" when they put on a helmet.
    20861-1-1342850025.jpg

*shrug*

THIS horns are forever! also...Tail armor see my sig for more details
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe it is time my character changed his underwear.
    He has been wearing the same soul-shriven bikini briefs since level 1 and they are getting a little funky.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to buy pretty fancy thongs please go back to a JRPG.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to buy pretty fancy thongs please go back to a JRPG.

Don't impose your issues on me man... I never said anything about "pretty fancy thongs" @NateAssassin
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick I was more referring to @Kammakazi than your idea
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick I was more referring to @Kammakazi than your idea

Well... geeze @NateAssassin ... Now I just look foolish. :blush:

But since we're on the subject!!

I do agree with you and think the undergarments should be "appropriate" for the period... which could be described as "Roman to Medieval to Victorian" They can get pretty fancy and ornate like...
    B_Id_440902.jpg

I could totally see a Redguard rocking this look.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 21, 2016 2:41AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only inquiry with adding underwear options, it's almost like a pointless thing to add no offense, it is not like you see it all the time, and I am pretty sure most people do not go around fighting in their undergarments. I'd much rather the effort be put into making other accessories such as backpacks, cloak type things, etc than underwear that really doesn't impact the game much beyond someones RP, and really (I dont RP so idk) don't know how adding fancier underwear enhances RP, unless you are doing some kinky RP.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, @NateAssassin in my original, admittedly flawed, concept (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167833/eso-tailor-a-new-merchant-and-skill-concept/p1) underwear WOULD have practical application in the game with different non-combat buffs. This is the type of system I would personally prefer.

But I do think people would buy a LOT of cosmetic only undergarments. Because... well... because of their own reasons.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, @NateAssassin in my original, admittedly flawed, concept (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167833/eso-tailor-a-new-merchant-and-skill-concept/p1) underwear WOULD have practical application in the game with different non-combat buffs. This is the type of system I would personally prefer.

But I do think people would buy a LOT of cosmetic only undergarments. Because... well... because of their own reasons.
    That's kind of the reason why I like ESO so much, they don't add perverted things as much and focus on making real looking armor compared to chainmail bikinis and the things you find on Nexus mods for Skyrim all day, just by the way the devs design the armor I can tell they are going for a more "realistic" look as well, I can't see them adding underwear options into the game because of this. Not that it isn't a good idea, personally I would not partake in buying fancy boxers or bras for my characters as to me I'd rather have new craftable armor and weapon styles than a lace trim bra, I could see ZOS adding backpacks though.

Having backpacks and things to increase inventory size would definitely be nice, there's been many times where I run out of room and a backpack accessory could help me pick up that last item in a dungeon instead of trying to find an item to destroy.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say I disagree with you @NateAssassin ... I'm not holding my breath, just putting a concept out there to suggest a way this COULD be implemented if ZOS were so inclined. Personally I would use the CRAP out of wearable bags... and I MIGHT wear different undergarments. It's not very important to my character's narrative what unmentionables he's sporting.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 21, 2016 4:20AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only inquiry with adding underwear options, it's almost like a pointless thing to add...
    I like the idea mostly because I hate the "20th century looks" of the current underwear. I'd gladly take a general underwear update instead of a equippable slot too... maybe racial underwear, different styles for different races... Nords with leather thongs and Bretons with linen lioncloths.. Altmer with lace unmentionables and Bosmer with animal-hide breechcloths... Khajiis with cotton Langota-style and Dunmer with silk fundoshi-style loincloths... that sort of thing...
    Though I would also enjoy having the ability to dye underwear (which might be better done with an item slot) to match my characters color preferences... this isn't really a priority if only I can have immersive-style undergarments in ESO.

And I definitely wouldn't want any of the "modern" looking examples some other games add... I want linen loincloths, leopard-skin thungs, leather breechcloths, whatever from ancient stone age styles to at most late middle age styles of underwear from all over history, perhaps a bit touched up for "elven" style or such... no "sexy" modern-looking fetishwear.

But what I want most is not being vexed by the "20th century looks" underwear. Both for my character, and for NPCs in those few quests where you see people undressed, be it naked nords looking for their axe, or bath salt enthusiasts taking a dip.

And for the same immersion/realism reasons I love ESO not having skimpy chainmail bras and call it "proper armor" (stat-wise) I would like ESO getting swimming debuffs for wearing armor, from "slow paddling" in robes to "sink like a stone" in full plate. And then more quests with swimming, to make people take off their armor for better swim, and then having to face the danger of maybe getting drawn into a fight unarmored... thus presenting them with the choice between "swimming" and "fighting". But I guess that's my roleplaying backgrouind talking... though that may not be such a bad thing, really.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    yeah as long is you cant take your undergarments off there's enough people in there underwear running around towns as it is

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »
    yeah as long is you cant take your undergarments off there's enough people in there underwear running around towns as it is

Well, with this concept, people could still take their undergarments off, they would just revert back to the weird modern ones we have on now. Essentially, this would add a layer of non-functional clothing.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.