The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S03E05) Repeatable Content,Daily Rewards,Solo Content

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5

☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/crkx0nYaaNk

☆ The Importance Of Repeatable Content And Logging In Daily

Repeatable content is an important step of a good mmo as no one can produce content as quick as players can clear it.
But the idea is to find a way to create repeatable content that's fun and this also brings in the daily log in rewards.

To start in my very first episode i showed how to make player housing fun for all sides and include repeatable content for both PVE and PVP players.
The idea to this is creating a mini game that is both fun and rewarding and some of the best games out there do this well.

League of legends has people doing the exact same content over and over for hours on end but it is incredibly addictive.
World of warcraft has multiple ways of this but i will state one and thats battlegrounds i have spent at times 20 hours straight playing capture the flag.
Now i have also shown how to do this in season 1 stating how small scale pvp can come into ESO.
The list is endless and its time that you start to tap into this zos wether its the direction you want for eso or not.

Create content based on your players feedback not on what you think people will like.

Daily rewards are another crucial thing to mmo's because even the most bored player will have it playing on his mind if you make it worth while.
Now you guys have done well with this so far but not far enough my first episode showed how easily you could set up daily rewards for tending to your estate.

But you need other means i suggest:

Adding rewards to the lfg system a simple gold and exp boost per lfg run should help increase people using it.
Then in phase 2 you bring out a daily reward for your first dungeon run of the day for end game players to keep them involed something like your fist run each day earns you 1 champion point.
Then in phase 3 you would bring in weekly trial rewards this could be in the form on a token that can be exchanged for a currency that the player chooses.
This is just an example but say i earn a token i could take it to a new npc for this and exhange it for (x) amount of gold, (x) amount of experience for champion points or (x) of ap points to give pvp players a reason to join into this.

You could also go as far as having a daily login reward giving a small amount of gold or experience for logging in that day that is account wide so only once per account. Warframe does this well and trust me it works some times i would log in for like 30 minutes just for the reward and a void run.

lS838VP.jpg

f2VFvPE.jpg

X2CnvHd.jpg

LZyynfg.jpg

☆ Solo Content

So far you guys have done well to support us solo players but i still have some points to put up about this.
But first i need to point out i love the trial grouping and 4 man dungeons but besides these two things we should not be forced to group.

You guys do well in this part but what about:

• Endgame content for us solo players with gear that matches up
• Small group end game 4 man trial versions
• Small scale pvp and arenas for the pvp soloist
• Things like i have suggested before like my version of player housing

Just dont forget about us because lots of your fans come from other elder scroll games.
You do have people claiming that an MMO means you have to group with others and if you dont like it then mmos are not for you.
But i disagree as many of your fans do as well from the solo thread MMO to us means a (Populated World) with other players but it does
Not mean i have to group with them.

I have friends that like me enjoy soloing content and exploring we could group together but we enjoy doing it our own way and not relying on others.
Does not mean we dont like having others around i myself really enjoy seeing others going about while i do my own thing and sometimes i may group with someone for a quest then just go our separate ways.

Just remember us :) Craglorn was a mistake but you guys already know this but we love ya for trying.
Trust me if this mmo did not wear the skin of Elder Scrolls it would of died by now.

Just for those that feel small scale pvp wont work for solo players. :)
r8nJRwJ.jpg

☆ End Of Season three And A Quick Q/A

Q. Your threads feel spammy and do you think ZOS even cares?.
A. Well i would recommend paying them no attention then also i believe they do and i believe that people like Gidorick and myself have ideas that just cannot be passed up.

Q. Whats with the colours?
A. Adds some flash to the threads and i chose these because of my tattoos.

Q. Your polls questions are very vague.
A. They are but they need to be as the options could be endless plus it's just a way to let people voice their opinion.

Thanks for the continued support and feedback with any luck we can help improve ESO. :D
Make sure to check out the other seasons as well as Gidorick's Repository.
844e6qI.jpg

Edited by Heromofo on June 5, 2015 11:27AM

Improving On ESO S03E05) Repeatable Content,Daily Rewards,Solo Content 22 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
63%
GidorickLeijonaSpazzKidd3stevvvob16_ESOthenshi13b16_ESOYukianFrenkthevileShiunTrazeNovaMarxSensesfail13MarennesadownikHeromofonastuug 14 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
13%
KorprokRomohalfbadger 3 votes
Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
22%
PrizaxAthas24timidobservertheweakmindedXandryah 5 votes
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
0%
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    Let me know when your ready to give your opinion on the topic so i can add it in. :)
    Edited by Heromofo on May 22, 2015 1:03PM
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's about the only portion I don't agree with. I don't feel solo content should have very significant rewards. At least nothing on par with what is attainable at the highest tier for group/raid content. Some purple piece or maybe a green/blue set piece is fine if it's random but I wouldn't feel very good about doing group content only to have some person who solo's able to have the same gear.
    I LOVE the grouping concepts you brought up though, housing meh imo but I know people love to play house in a virtual world so cool cool. Lastly I Couldn't Agree with you MORE on the need for instanced PVP! I used to lose myself in games for hours on all the other mmo's I've played. Capture the flag or objective based pvp in a smaller scale is so fun that the rewards wouldn't even need to be very large for me to play it constantly. I'd just do it for fun ha-ha. not saying I wouldn't love decent rewards for it though. :D Great post man.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree to all. Good session, @Heromofo... you dirty consoler, you.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athas24 wrote: »
    That's about the only portion I don't agree with. I don't feel solo content should have very significant rewards. At least nothing on par with what is attainable at the highest tier for group/raid content. Some purple piece or maybe a green/blue set piece is fine if it's random but I wouldn't feel very good about doing group content only to have some person who solo's able to have the same gear.
    I LOVE the grouping concepts you brought up though, housing meh imo but I know people love to play house in a virtual world so cool cool. Lastly I Couldn't Agree with you MORE on the need for instanced PVP! I used to lose myself in games for hours on all the other mmo's I've played. Capture the flag or objective based pvp in a smaller scale is so fun that the rewards wouldn't even need to be very large for me to play it constantly. I'd just do it for fun ha-ha. not saying I wouldn't love decent rewards for it though. :D Great post man.

Thanks bud i am sure they would do it closer to your way for gear if they went this path.
    I know how you feel about small scale pvp i cannot get enough of it lol.
    nastuug wrote: »
    Agree to all. Good session, @Heromofo... you dirty consoler, you.

Thanks Nas you Clean pc player? :D
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heromofo Damn right I'm clean!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nastuug
    Or are you? You know Nas its still not too late to join us on the console side lol.
    But even if you dont you never know we could see cross platform one day.

:D
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need an I agree with some of this but decline to explain below option.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aah your new to my series then i ask that people do not vote if they cannot back up the vote.
    Because the vote might as well be a donkey vote but thanks heaps for checking out my thread mate. :)
    Edited by Heromofo on May 22, 2015 2:49PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

Aah your new to my series then i ask that people do not vote if they cannot back up the vote.
    Because the vote might as well be a donkey vote but thanks heaps for checking out my thread mate. :)

Well your request is denied.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well your request is denied.

Lol ok.....im just going to walk away now nice and slowly. :D
    cjruk7y.jpg
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nastuug
    Or are you? You know Nas its still not too late to join us on the console side lol.

Think he was being funny, not thick. =P
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nastuug

Think he was being funny, not thick. =P

Lol really hard to tell on the forums. :D
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the WoW group finder BUT this game isn't set up right so until VR levels are removed and until ppl stop fighting using all the game systems....baaahh
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the WoW group finder BUT this game isn't set up right so until VR levels are removed and until ppl stop fighting using all the game systems....baaahh

I thought it was all but put in that VR levels are meant to be going as phase 3?.
    Because wasn't phase 2 the champion points meant to replace it.

If they back out of removing them it won't do well on consoles smurf. :(
    I know we are use to leveling quickly like in Destiny but if they force them to do all three sides before getting to end game.
    It will kill alot of the casual gamers mmmm.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The incentive to log-in daily is very much needed now that ESO's income is crown-store dependent. This is actually the reason that having holidays (lore-friendly, of course) is so important to ESO. Giving players a reason to be in Nirn increases the chances of selling content to players.

Oh and...
    Trust me if this mmo did not wear the skin of Elder Scrolls it would of died by now.

really is spot on. They have used The Elder Scrolls name to be able to keep an MMO alive that, in all honesty, is trounced by the competition. I 100% guarantee you if a NON-TES MMO pulled this no-content for 8 months while console is worked on, the player base would just be gone... totally gone.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    The incentive to log-in daily is very much needed now that ESO's income is crown-store dependent. This is actually the reason that having holidays (lore-friendly, of course) is so important to ESO. Giving players a reason to be in Nirn increases the chances of selling content to players.

Oh and...

really is spot on. They have used The Elder Scrolls name to be able to keep an MMO alive that, in all honesty, is trounced by the competition. I 100% guarantee you if a NON-TES MMO pulled this no-content for 8 months while console is worked on, the player base would just be gone... totally gone.

Yeah I'd say the remaining player base would be heavy Elder Scrolls fans supporting the title.
    Also @Gidorick i totally believe in the daily rewards plus weekly also holiday seasons lore ready of course.

Hence why i made this episode:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170430/improving-on-eso-s02e02-elder-scroll-holidays-hit-feedback-and-idle-npc-chat-and-motions#latest
    Edited by Heromofo on May 22, 2015 4:30PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and...

Yeah I'd say the remaining player base would be heavy Elder Scrolls fans supporting the title.
    Also @Gidorick i totally believe in the daily rewards plus weekly also holiday seasons lore ready of course.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170430/improving-on-eso-s02e02-elder-scroll-holidays-hit-feedback-and-idle-npc-chat-and-motions#latest

@Gidorick Sounds right to me. I probably wouldn't have heard about/researched further if it didn't boldly boast the TES badging...
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and...

@Gidorick Sounds right to me. I probably wouldn't have heard about/researched further if it didn't boldly boast the TES badging...

Alot of us were in the same boat i have been following it for a long time but eso is causing another problem for me atm.
    Im worried they will hold back on elder scrolls 6 because of eso as it would kill it.

What i hope they do though is with every copy of elder scrolls 6 they get a free copy of eso. *fingers crossed*
    Edited by Heromofo on May 22, 2015 4:54PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and...

I spoke about Holiday events in my post Environment & Weather Systems Overhaul Concept , but the idea gets kind of lost in the post so I pulled out the excerpt and just posted it here: Day Length Adjustment & Holiday Implementation Concept.

I really think Holidays should be one of the TOP priorities for ZOS... For player retention, for crown store sales, for in-game immersion. There is literally NO facet of ESO that couldn't be enhanced by Holidays.

Edited by Gidorick on May 22, 2015 5:45PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and...

I spoke about Holiday events in my post Environment & Weather Systems Overhaul Concept , but the idea gets kind of lost in the post so I pulled out the excerpt and just posted it here: Day Length Adjustment & Holiday Implementation Concept.

I really think Holidays should be one of the TOP priorities for ZOS... For player retention, for crown store sales, for in-game immersion. There is literally NO facet of ESO that couldn't be enhanced by Holidays.

Mmm Gidorick i will make sure to add that in S04E01 for your segment.
    I agree it shouldn't require much work to put the idea in.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Notice

Thread has been updated and @Gidorick i have added your repository in over future segments remember to let me know if you update it lol.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 23, 2015 1:07PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    That goes to all threads :D
  • Yukian
    Yukian
    ✭✭✭
    The mobile app looks gud, i'd love to be able to speak to guildies via phone >.<... probably be a bit weird/difficult to create but meh.
    While i'm here, i feel the need.
    hail_sithis__by_darthxrane-d59b37u.jpg
    Edited by Yukian on May 23, 2015 1:42PM
    PSN- Caleo95
    Devout follower of Sithis
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks @Heromofo
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yukian wrote: »
    The mobile app looks gud, i'd love to be able to speak to guildies via phone >.<... probably be a bit weird/difficult to create but meh.
    While i'm here, i feel the need.
    hail_sithis__by_darthxrane-d59b37u.jpg

You just made my day :D

Awesome! Thanks @Heromofo
    Np @Gidorick i am in the process of revamping the threads and answering questions.

• Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

i agree with probably most of what is being suggested..

yeah, solo-content is important for MMO's too... ofc the high-end-pve-content should be accessible and doable only in a group....

notwithstanding that, there should be solo-dailies with tokens/currency to amass in order to buy really good gear for hard mode (veteran) group content or for better pvp....old caves and delves should be soloable (scaling to veteran 14 with decent rewards) and former group-content (public dugneons and other dungeons) should be soloable at veteran 14 ( i still get killed in 1 second by veteran 11 )

in cyrodiil the dailies should be picked up all at once and delivered all at once (hubs etc in neutral zones > villages e.g.)
    and should reward tokens and/or AP too

whatever... i don't believe my 2 cent has ever been read much , so i'll stop here...

thanks for reading..

• NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ☆ The Importance Of Repeatable Content And Logging In Daily: Yes please, more of this. I don't necessarily need to be rewarded for logging in, but some more reasons to log in daily would be very welcome. Also repeatable content: it would be nice with some more variety, like solo repeatables.

☆ Solo Content: More, more, more :blush: I too prefer soloing (and come from the other ES games, not MMOs) and would therefore like to see more content aimed at us. Of course being an MMO means catering especially to the multiplayer forum, but that doesn't mean the fans should be left behind. I like PvP and I like grouping, but I prefer running around doing my own thing :wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xandryah
    Token Systems always do the trick it is something I really liked in Destiny and xur was really different.
    Cant vouch for anyone else but i take the time to read any post in the series because they took the time to read it. :)

Ps. Cyrodiil is a pain for that then again i have always been a fan of small scale pvp like i suggest in S01E03 (not fond of zerging).

@NovaMarx
    Yeah i am one of those because of my work hours my mates are not always on so i enjoy doing my own thing.
    An mmo to me does not always mean we have to group with others but it is a world populated by other people. :)

• halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
    Login rewards will either be so crap that there is no point logging in or powerful enough that people who don't currently want to play the broken game ZOS has made are forced to login and play or they will be behind if ZOS fixes it.

Only a very small part of the game requires a group to complete and you want them to spend time creating more solo content instead of fixing the game and creating group content? yeah good one