The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Improving On ESO S05E01) Class Specialization,Alchemy,Hide Armor,Party Ast And Bigger Armor

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5

☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆ Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/SHh5ydxJEjk

☆ Class Specialization
This is dedicated to @GaldorP

A class specialization system where, at some point, each character may choose one of several specializations for his or her class. A specialization would unlock new unique active and passive skills or upgraded version of existing skills from the class skill lines. For example, a Dragonknight could specialize in the Ardent Flame skill line and unlock new Ardent Flame themed skills while another Dragonknight could specialize in Draconic Power or Earthen Heart and gain new skills in those skill lines. This would allow for more unique builds and more class archetypes. Only 4 classes where every character can learn all skills in all three of his or her class skill lines offers little diversity in classes.

☆ Gidorick's Opinion On This
Class Specialization
I actually have some ideas about how post-50 game play could be improved... and part of those ideas include some ideas I've read on this forum, like @TheShadowScout's awesome take on adding more classes.
Is it time again to post my updated class morph idea? Yes? Well...

Personally I would think the best way to add more "classes" is to give each class, say, three different "class morphs", each with its own new skill/passives line. Perhaps becoming available after completing cadwells silver/gold... to reward people who do play through that - a variation of the idea was to let them do the class morph after silver, and let them pick a cross-class skill line (basic class skills only) after gold...

Some possibilities:

Dragonknight
- Berserker/Gladiator (offensive self buffs & warcries; color: red/orange)
- Pyromancer (flame resist and even more fire; color: yellow/blue - gas flame!)
- Warlord (defensive group buffs, AoE standards, color: purple/gold)

Nightblade
- Illusionist (illusion summoning, mind magic; color: red/black - NPC illusionist)
- Monk (melee support & assorted “matrial arts” magic; color: blue/purple)
- Ranger (animal summoning and nature magic; color: brown/green)

Sorceror
- Cryomancer (ice magic, color: white/clear - NPC cryomancer)
- Necromancer (death magic and undead summoning; color: cyan - NPC coldfire)
- Spellsword (melee support & buff magic; color: yellow/orange)

Templar
- Druid/Shaman (nature magic, totems, animal summons; color: green/brown)
- Paladin (melee support and aura-style buff magic; color: white/gold)
- Witch-hunter (counterspells, spell resistance/shields, silencing; color: purple/red)

Another possible idea was to not only have an added skill line with its own flavor of visual effects, but maybe even morph the existing effects to match.
So for example if a sorceror goes necromancer, their spells might be color-shifted to necromancer “coldfire” cyan, summons would be morphed from the daedric familiar/clannfear/twilight/storm atronarch set to necromancer stuff like skeleton, flesh atronarch, wraith, bone colossus... and if they turn cryomancer, their dark magic crystals will turn ice-ish in effects, spells will get color-shifted to white-blue or white-purple, and their summons will be something along the lines of wisps, ice wraiths and frost atronatrchs... or a nightblade going ranger would have their reddish effects recolored to something nature-ish green & brown... that sort of stuff. For more visual goodieness and varietee between classes.

...of course, all those quick ideas are just very rough concepts, without much consideration but character fluff. I merely tried to give some options, and went for three instead of just two "magica-specialization / stamina specialization" - It's supposed to be more for added character diversity then anything else after all.

Thus for example with nightblades, there might be one magica-caster based with "illusionist", one stamina melee based with "monk" (Yes, a nod at the old D&D class of the name, the first “martial arts” powered class I remember in fantasy gaming) and one pet based as "ranger" since nightblades mesh very well with bow, and giving them woodland creatures for the "hunter" playstyle would seem applicable.

Similar thoughts for the sorceror - spellsword for stamina sorcerors, cryomancer since ice staves have no matching skill line yet (while fire and lightning staves sort of have), and necromancer because all too many people really, really want that... ;)

Templar... the druid/shaman is a very natural idea, between breton wyressess, argonian treeminders and bosmer spinners, nature magic meshes very well with Templar healing and sunlight-powered spells; paladin is for stamina templars and a nod at the old D&D class of the same name (possibly subject to TES-ification change), and my "witch-hunter" idea is kinda inspired by the spanish inquisition (Yes, I know noone expected that :smirk: ), its "warhammer" imperial counterpart and also "Dragon Age", I admit it... seems logical to set up the aedric-flavored templars as natural enemies of the more deadric-flavored sorcerors...

Dragonknight I had the fewest ideas, since I kinda dislike that class. More fire magic for dragonknight magica-casters with pyromancer is a natural first thought... so then I went with "leader-style group play support" and "berserker-style single combatant" flavors, though there may be better ideas then those...

In any case, since more diversity is always something I would love to see... much more fun having more choices in realizing your “perfect” character, especially since the limited number of skills one can actually use at any one time (5+U) makes people having to think and choose anyhow, so adding more active skills only increases a characters choices, not exactly their power...

And yes, spellcrafting might be able to cover some of those... but spellcrafting won't give you passives, which these skill lines should.

The main point is, TES has a myriad of classes across the Elder Scrolls game, ESO could encompass more of them. Personally, I would love to make a Knight character... no magic... no daedric skills, a straight board and sword character.

☆ Improving On Alchemy

A few ways to improve upon Alchemy:

1.Have frost, fire, storm atronachs drop fire, frost, void salts

2.Let us extract hearts from daedra corpses and have them serve a better purpose than just crafting the motif by becomming an alchemy ingreadient.
Or give another type of ingredient to harvest from them as one of your fans suggested maybe (Daedric Blood).

3.Maybe you could have in alchemy skill tree, skills like "daedric extraction" "animal extraction" to obtain ingredients from daedras(salts, hearts...) , animals (troll fat...)

4.Let (common,rare) fishes be used as alchemy ingredients.

5. Once a potion has been discovered let us set it so we can have our character make x amount while we go for a smoke or a drink lol.
This should be applied to all crafting stations anyway i.e i make potion (x) x 100 and just let it go while i go for a smoke.

Improving On Alchemy
I think the recommendations would work. Personally, I would like Alchemy to work more like chemistry to where you can just throw some crap together and it will make Something... how good that something is depends on your ingredients. Every combination of ingredients should produce some potion, and a potion that is tried that the player doesn't already know should have the name of "?????" before the player drinks it.

A little bit of experimentation, a bit of risk. :wink:

☆ Hide Armor Pieces
Another way to add a new form of customization and a way for players to continue making their character more to the way they want.
Is to give a simple set of options akin to hiding your helm so why not add a few more options into the game as it would take all but 30 minutes to add in.

(Hide Helm) (Done)
(Hide Shoulders)
(Hide Chest)
(Hide legs)
(Hide gloves)
(Hide boots) (especially for those wanting to rp more into beast type classes.)

Bonus round for this would be an option to hide the hideous (Hip Flaps)

Hide Armor Pieces
I 100% disagree with this. I know it's something people want it but I have a few reasons and comments on the concept:
  • If they allow us to hide the armor, more people will just run around nude.
  • If a player wants to run around nude, that's fine, but they shouldn't get the benefit of armor.
If a player doesn't want shoulder pads... they don't have to wear them. This is even my thought on helms. Now, for hip-flaps, I'm pretty sure that would require ZOS to have 2 versions of every leg armor piece, one with hips and one without. The player wouldn't notice that their are two different versions, but on the back end, they would have 2 different models.

I just don't think that's a reasonable thing for us to ask for. And that's coming from the guy who has a thread complaining that a ship's deck isn't cluttered enough! LOL.

☆ Party Assistance
2 simple additions are been asked for:

1. Group Leader Assistance: this is simple but allows the leader to set (assistance) to people in the group.
These people can do things like invite people and remove people especially for Cyrodil.

2. A better way of marking targets much like wow a kill order or a way for the tank to mark a target on the fly by placing a skull on them.
Could be handy if you want a certain target to become the main target.

51oDnnE.jpg

Party Assistance
I think this should be something that occurs automatically in battle and something that each player should control out of battle. If I'm a healer... I should be able to put a symbol above my head to indicate that. Looking for a party? There's an icon for that. Looking to trade? There's another icon.

During battle the icons would let each player know what the other players are attacking and who is targeted by the mobs.

☆ Bigger Armor
ESO does well to show case realistic heavy armor but just like my skimpy segment.
Sometimes its just great to walk around like a moving tank and alot of mmos get this right.
So this is just something to consider maybe in the future we could see bigger armors come in or if you want more money maybe even costumes if you wish to wet your beak.

Remember to move away from spray painted armor and items its sooo 5 years ago lol. :D
I added in new pictures to show how bigger armors apply to all armor styles and not just heavy armor.

These Are Just Examples Of Big Video Game Armors
aIdDyMm.jpg0IgkPjB.jpg
t0DDlPP.jpg

Here Are Some ESO Current Armors To Compare Them To
Cqmnf2i.jpgV30zgg8.jpg
7mAxOOK.jpg9Cs273O.jpg

Here Are Some Heavy Armor Ideas Using Skyrim
Heavy Armor
I may have a fetish for big armor but the image below just shows how big a tank style armor should look compared to others.
pPa7pLo.jpg
This image is to show true daedric armor not that eso has to have the same but compare the two.
Add in the fact as Gidorick has said the armor in eso looks like its painted directly onto the model.
NfimXKd.jpg
Medium Armor
Hunter anyone? Again stop with the spray paint lol.
CqkPmbV.jpg
Ignore the heavy part as id expect to see some medium style armor of huge size especially in the colder areas of Nirn.
eDL7x6C.jpg
Light Armor
This armor should be tied into a trial due to the fact its a trophy style armor. :D
6pwAJCZ.jpg
Sexy meets Big armor for clothies?.
IDYnPld.jpg

Bigger Armor
I have issues with the ESO armor, but more because they look very painted on in some cases. Players don't look like they are wearing armor because it flexes and undulates with their movements.

I think the STYLE of armors in ESO are top notch. There could be a bit more girth to some of the armor but THIS:
t0DDlPP.jpg
is just silly.

I wouldn't want that kind of armor. ESO will have more robust armor... this should be released with the Imperial City:
vlcsnap-2014-07-20-19h16m34s103.jpg

Also, I think that the issue isn't the armor. Not really... it's that physiques of the character models are too small. Orcs and Nords should be able to be more beefy than they are. The characters are all too middle-of-the-road.

I have a thread which suggests that ZOS monetize the character creator. I have Advanced Khajiits, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Heights.... perhaps certain races, such as Orcs and Nords, should have greater range on sliders such as Torso Size, Chest Size, Arm Size, and Hand Size. I've been trying to formulate other Advanced Race packs but really all I have so far is Orc tusk size. lol.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155307/monetization-of-character-creation-concept/p1

☆ rajaniemiorama_ESO Opinion On This
Armor: I agree that armor sizes should be drastically different from light to heavy. I would like to see sizes and shapes vary based on enchantment (such as a health/Armor/reduced damage glyph would make the armor bigger, a spell res glyph could make it shimmer, a stam glyph could make it slimmer and magika glyphs could make them a slight pulsating look).

Edited by Heromofo on June 5, 2015 11:14AM

Improving On ESO S05E01) Class Specialization,Alchemy,Hide Armor,Party Ast And Bigger Armor 17 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
52%
glakcavakthestampedeSpazzKidd3stevvvob16_ESOJultzydafox187HeromofonastuugKay1 9 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
17%
ThymosKorprokRomo 3 votes
Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
23%
GidorickRazzPitazzWodwoCameron_Star 4 votes
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
5%
parpin 1 vote
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember please don't vote if you do not plan to explain the reason to it especially if you only agree with one idea lol hard to know what one. :D
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 7:21PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll vote and not explain if I damn well feel like it!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    I'll vote and not explain if I damn well feel like it!

Your the only one i would ever let get away with that. :D

Lemme guess Nas its the huge armor right?.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I do love huge things...
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I do love huge things...

Yeah i figured :D
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nastuug

While putting this together i was actually surprised at the heavy armor and how small it is compared to other mmos.

I never really noticed... .
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmmm...

latest?cb=20110330080104
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmmm...

latest?cb=20110330080104

I was about to ask where that insane armor was from then i saw the link Warhammer god they have unreal artists.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 8:50PM
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big armor is ridiculous. No to that x1000.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rb2001 wrote: »
    Big armor is ridiculous. No to that x1000.

In what way bud? Especially because zos uses the spray paint style.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread has been updated due to request to show the difference in armors and show that big armor is not just for heavy armor.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mixed on these suggestions...

Class Specialization
    I actually have some ideas about how post-50 game play could be improved... and part of those ideas include some ideas I've read on this forum, like @TheShadowScout's awesome take on adding more classes.
    Is it time again to post my updated class morph idea? Yes? Well...

Personally I would think the best way to add more "classes" is to give each class, say, three different "class morphs", each with its own new skill/passives line. Perhaps becoming available after completing cadwells silver/gold... to reward people who do play through that - a variation of the idea was to let them do the class morph after silver, and let them pick a cross-class skill line (basic class skills only) after gold...

Some possibilities:

Dragonknight
    - Berserker/Gladiator (offensive self buffs & warcries; color: red/orange)
    - Pyromancer (flame resist and even more fire; color: yellow/blue - gas flame!)
    - Warlord (defensive group buffs, AoE standards, color: purple/gold)

Nightblade
    - Illusionist (illusion summoning, mind magic; color: red/black - NPC illusionist)
    - Monk (melee support & assorted “matrial arts” magic; color: blue/purple)
    - Ranger (animal summoning and nature magic; color: brown/green)

Sorceror
    - Cryomancer (ice magic, color: white/clear - NPC cryomancer)
    - Necromancer (death magic and undead summoning; color: cyan - NPC coldfire)
    - Spellsword (melee support & buff magic; color: yellow/orange)

Templar
    - Druid/Shaman (nature magic, totems, animal summons; color: green/brown)
    - Paladin (melee support and aura-style buff magic; color: white/gold)
    - Witch-hunter (counterspells, spell resistance/shields, silencing; color: purple/red)

Another possible idea was to not only have an added skill line with its own flavor of visual effects, but maybe even morph the existing effects to match.
    So for example if a sorceror goes necromancer, their spells might be color-shifted to necromancer “coldfire” cyan, summons would be morphed from the daedric familiar/clannfear/twilight/storm atronarch set to necromancer stuff like skeleton, flesh atronarch, wraith, bone colossus... and if they turn cryomancer, their dark magic crystals will turn ice-ish in effects, spells will get color-shifted to white-blue or white-purple, and their summons will be something along the lines of wisps, ice wraiths and frost atronatrchs... or a nightblade going ranger would have their reddish effects recolored to something nature-ish green & brown... that sort of stuff. For more visual goodieness and varietee between classes.

...of course, all those quick ideas are just very rough concepts, without much consideration but character fluff. I merely tried to give some options, and went for three instead of just two "magica-specialization / stamina specialization" - It's supposed to be more for added character diversity then anything else after all.

Thus for example with nightblades, there might be one magica-caster based with "illusionist", one stamina melee based with "monk" (Yes, a nod at the old D&D class of the name, the first “martial arts” powered class I remember in fantasy gaming) and one pet based as "ranger" since nightblades mesh very well with bow, and giving them woodland creatures for the "hunter" playstyle would seem applicable.

Similar thoughts for the sorceror - spellsword for stamina sorcerors, cryomancer since ice staves have no matching skill line yet (while fire and lightning staves sort of have), and necromancer because all too many people really, really want that... ;)

Templar... the druid/shaman is a very natural idea, between breton wyressess, argonian treeminders and bosmer spinners, nature magic meshes very well with Templar healing and sunlight-powered spells; paladin is for stamina templars and a nod at the old D&D class of the same name (possibly subject to TES-ification change), and my "witch-hunter" idea is kinda inspired by the spanish inquisition (Yes, I know noone expected that :smirk: ), its "warhammer" imperial counterpart and also "Dragon Age", I admit it... seems logical to set up the aedric-flavored templars as natural enemies of the more deadric-flavored sorcerors...

Dragonknight I had the fewest ideas, since I kinda dislike that class. More fire magic for dragonknight magica-casters with pyromancer is a natural first thought... so then I went with "leader-style group play support" and "berserker-style single combatant" flavors, though there may be better ideas then those...

In any case, since more diversity is always something I would love to see... much more fun having more choices in realizing your “perfect” character, especially since the limited number of skills one can actually use at any one time (5+U) makes people having to think and choose anyhow, so adding more active skills only increases a characters choices, not exactly their power...

And yes, spellcrafting might be able to cover some of those... but spellcrafting won't give you passives, which these skill lines should.

The main point is, TES has a myriad of classes across the Elder Scrolls game, ESO could encompass more of them. Personally, I would love to make a Knight character... no magic... no daedric skills, a straight board and sword character.

Improving On Alchemy

I think the recommendations would work. Personally, I would like Alchemy to work more like chemistry to where you can just throw some crap together and it will make Something... how good that something is depends on your ingredients. Every combination of ingredients should produce some potion, and a potion that is tried that the player doesn't already know should have the name of "?????" before the player drinks it.

A little bit of experimentation, a bit of risk. :wink:

Hide Armor Pieces
    I 100% disagree with this. I know it's something people want it but I have a few reasons and comments on the concept:
    • If they allow us to hide the armor, more people will just run around nude.
    • If a player wants to run around nude, that's fine, but they shouldn't get the benefit of armor.
    If a player doesn't want shoulder pads... they don't have to wear them. This is even my thought on helms. Now, for hip-flaps, I'm pretty sure that would require ZOS to have 2 versions of every leg armor piece, one with hips and one without. The player wouldn't notice that their are two different versions, but on the back end, they would have 2 different models.

I just don't think that's a reasonable thing for us to ask for. And that's coming from the guy who has a thread complaining that a ship's deck isn't cluttered enough! LOL.

Party Assistance
    I think this should be something that occurs automatically in battle and something that each player should control out of battle. If I'm a healer... I should be able to put a symbol above my head to indicate that. Looking for a party? There's an icon for that. Looking to trade? There's another icon.

During battle the icons would let each player know what the other players are attacking and who is targeted by the mobs.

Bigger Armor
    I have issues with the ESO armor, but more because they look very painted on in some cases. Players don't look like they are wearing armor because it flexes and undulates with their movements.

I think the STYLE of armors in ESO are top notch. There could be a bit more girth to some of the armor but THIS:
    t0DDlPP.jpg
    is just silly.

I wouldn't want that kind of armor. ESO will have more robust armor... this should be released with the Imperial City:
    vlcsnap-2014-07-20-19h16m34s103.jpg

Also, I think that the issue isn't the armor. Not really... it's that physiques of the character models are too small. Orcs and Nords should be able to be more beefy than they are. The characters are all too middle-of-the-road.

I have a thread which suggests that ZOS monetize the character creator. I have Advanced Khajiits, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Heights.... perhaps certain races, such as Orcs and Nords, should have greater range on sliders such as Torso Size, Chest Size, Arm Size, and Hand Size. I've been trying to formulate other Advanced Race packs but really all I have so far is Orc tusk size. lol.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155307/monetization-of-character-creation-concept/p1

Edited by Gidorick on May 31, 2015 2:06AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I put party assistance at top priority for S05E01 as a quality of life improvement. All too often the group leader has trouble staying available at all times to keep the group full.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Specialization: I feel class expansion will need to be included at some point, though I would like to note that I feel with only being able to use 8 of the possible 53 active skills (excluding the possible ultimate) for any given character t at any given time hat that alone allows for a lot of build diversity.
    Alchemy;: only disagreement is the daedric ingredient should be daedra blood, for clarity.
    Party assistance:I like both your points.
    Armor: I agree that armor sizes should be drastically different from light to heavy. I would like to see sizes and shapes vary based on enchantment (such as a health/Armor/reduced damage glyph would make the armor bigger, a spell res glyph could make it shimmer, a stam glyph could make it slimmer and magika glyphs could make them a slight pulsating look).
    Edited by RazzPitazz on May 31, 2015 3:26AM
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    Done and Done lol you know its not a true episode until your version is added in. :D
    Plus i think i have a sick fetish for big armor.... Thank you Fable.... lol.

@glak
    Yeah alot of people have been wanting them so i added them in and i have to agree.

@rajaniemiorama_ESO
    I have added the blood in and your armor idea. :)
    Edited by Heromofo on May 31, 2015 1:11PM
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    I agree with everything except two things:

1 - Having the option to hide all your armour. I'd love to be able to hide shoulder pads and hip flaps on medium and light armours for more customization and make our armour not feel too bulky and restrictive. But having the option to run around completely nude with the all the perks of your invisible armour is a bit stupid. I agree with what "Gidorick" said about it.
    But still, those shoulders and hip flaps...

2 - Bigger armour. I've never been a fan of massive armour like in the pics above where it looks like it would take two days just to put it on. The heavy armour we have could do with being a bit larger, especially for the players who really want to look and feel like a tank, but keep it somewhat plausible, even in a world of magic and fantasy.