The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Improving On ESO S02E03) Mobile Forum,Treasure Maps and Cross Faction LFG

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5
☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆Some Music While You Read

https://youtu.be/Oq85h7oHWv0

☆ Mobile Forums

As it stand we dont have a mobile forum at the moment due to technical issues.
We still do not know when we will get it back as there has been no word about it for 2 weeks or so.
But ZOS before you bring it up it would be nice to see it upgraded abit as it was a terrible design.

I thought i would link a few pictures of the mobile forums in the Destiny app to give you some ideas.

Ps. Design is everything even in the full version it just does not have that elder scrolls feel to it.
I would recommend making it more morowind colors like the picture in the music video.

RR4XhOX.jpg
xE0WtDX.jpg

☆ Treasure Maps

One of the most interesting things in ESO is how the treasure maps work.
Some of them are a real pain to find but all that time and effort is rewarded when you find a chest.
You tremble as you open it with all the possibilities running through your head.
Only to find a lowly green item or other trash not worthy of the treasure map system.

So its time to see this changed treasure chests should contain items that are of the area's level.
But should be of top tier Rare items atleast or epic items that can see you through multiple levels atleast.

The reward vs the time involved is minimal, at best and this is only regarding treasure chests by means of map.

NH9Qq1P.jpg

☆ Cross Faction LFG

As it stands our guilds are cross faction and it works well but what if it was taken one step further.
Like a cross faction lfg as it is numbers for it are low but with the console using the lfg alot and im sure the pc version will get this make over soon.
It would be a good time to bring in cross faction lfg i am sure you guys can work it into lore the same way the guilds cross faction lore works.
This would significantly cut down lfg times and bring players together from all over nirn.

This is really important and should be talked about thanks. :)

-reduced lfg times
-we already have cross faction guilds
-we are already forced to do each factions quests
-we are all in guilds that are apart of all sides (mage guild,thieves guild)
-increased use of the lfg
-meeting new people
- easy to setup
- lore wise could be as simple as setting aside you differences maybe after you have done the other two sides so you know their struggles to fight a common enemy.
- maybe as an unlock once you complete sliver and gold
- the ones that do not want this a simple switch in the lfg to only search inside your own faction could be implemented so they dont have to use it if they dont want to.

But first you need to sort out the lfg apply you're new version of it from the console to the pc then add in a few tweaks to pick up on stats and player level for better grouping like in the link below.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170958/improving-on-eso-s03e02-ft-gidorick-over-encumbered-tweaks-to-the-lfg-small-life-changes#latest

Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 11:15AM

Improving On ESO S02E03) Mobile Forum,Treasure Maps and Cross Faction LFG 32 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
53%
DaenerysPsychobunniLeijonaWodwoGregvladimilianoub17_ESO1KrisButtarSuntzu1414EstherFanekasoShiunTrazeMashilleRogue78MarenneEarelithdafox187Heromofo 17 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
18%
ThymosPKMN12MercyKillingF7sus4RomoJWKe 6 votes
I Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
25%
DrazekRebkwisatzKorprokjarrandub17_ESOElsonsoTorsnastuug 8 votes
I Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
3%
NewBlacksmurf 1 vote
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if any devs see this can we get an update on the mobile version of the forums.

Really hard to use the full site on my phone lol. :D
  • Nerio
    Nerio
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread earlier about the mobile version and having to disable it because of a few bugs, so hopefully it's something they're looking at.

I really hope you didn't type all that on your phone though :D
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerio wrote: »
    There was a thread earlier about the mobile version and having to disable it because of a few bugs, so hopefully it's something they're looking at.

I really hope you didn't type all that on your phone though :D

I did indeed lol as i did for all my threads lol so not having the mobile version is making it alot harder. :D
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
    Mobile forums, treasure maps and LFG - yes
    Disagree to cross faction LFG only because the game doesn't support it

I do feel that the LFG should be a companion app on console so that it uses the grouping tools on the console.
    PC....no suggestions
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do feel that the LFG should be a companion app on console so that it uses the grouping tools on the console.
    PC....no suggestions

Good to see ya again smurf :)

I reckon the lore could support cross faction lfg the same way it supports the cross faction guilds.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC....no suggestions

I'm with @NewBlacksmurf on this one. Great write-up @Heromofo !
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

PC....no suggestions

I'm with @NewBlacksmurf on this one. Great write-up @Heromofo !

Thanks Nas :)

These threads keep me sane while waiting for the console version erhm and work. :D
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    No update on the mobile forums right now, but we haven't forgotten them.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »

Thanks alan i hope you like my idea on how to revamp it as well. :)
    Edited by Heromofo on May 12, 2015 6:04PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Al? Status available on the mobile forums been three weeks now lol its hard without it. :D
    If you are woking on an entirely new one or phone app any chance we can be told now?.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 18, 2015 11:07AM
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    I agree to all but i am not a pvp player..i think people who love pvp would find it weird to team up with the enemy..it would break all the immersion and rivarlies...
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »
    I agree to all but i am not a pvp player..i think people who love pvp would find it weird to team up with the enemy..it would break all the immersion and rivarlies...

I always look at it as we are all apart of the npc guilds as they are neutral.
    We can be multiple guilds that are cross faction so it is already broken im sure they can find a way to make it work. :D
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Mobile Forum

Yup, what year is this? No offense, NOT having a forum that works well on a mobile is poor

2) Cross Faction Groups

No. This would only work for VR 14s as the same dungeons are in use at different levels for each faction. Anyway, we are all at war

3) Treasure Maps

Nope, some of the CE versions give full sets of gear relative to your level. The rest all give a blue item of the zones level, unless its a cryodil map which gives an item of your level.

Better than a blue item would be purple items. And there are so many maps availiable that any pretense of economy would be over. (maps cost circa 100g atm)
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cross-Faction LFG? no.
  • KrisButtar
    KrisButtar
    ✭✭✭
    Cross Faction LFG for dungeons, awesome idea when I was trying to find a group for a low level dungeon maybe having a larger pool to draw from would have made the process faster
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KrisButtar wrote: »
    Cross Faction LFG for dungeons, awesome idea when I was trying to find a group for a low level dungeon maybe having a larger pool to draw from would have made the process faster

It is indeed and i just updated the thread. :)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG
    Hey Al any updates on the matter as of now?
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile? Don't want resources and time wasted on something I'd never use or is not necessary for/does not improve in game content.

Maps are just fine. They're even better with that treasure hunter perk I'm told one can spend champ points on.

Cross faction LFG is useless unless you can actually play with someone from another faction. Which y'know....you can't. We PC people won't be able to play with console customers, either. LFG including them will just mess it up further, imho.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile? Don't want resources and time wasted on something I'd never use or is not necessary for/does not improve in game content.

Maps are just fine. They're even better with that treasure hunter perk I'm told one can spend champ points on.

Cross faction LFG is useless unless you can actually play with someone from another faction. Which y'know....you can't. We PC people won't be able to play with console customers, either. LFG including them will just mess it up further, imho.

The lfg bit you confused was saying to bring the new lfg from the console version as its really well done for you pc guys.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Alan can we get an update on the mobile forums?, its been like 5 weeks. :D

If you guys have tasked outside help to make a phone app id love to know.
    More than happy to wait if you guys are doing that lol.

@ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 12:47PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile forum: Not interested. I don't use my phone for that sort of thing and the forum renders on my tablet just fine.

Mobile app: Yes, I would like to see a mobile app, eventually, so that I could make sure my mail is not full, whether any friends are online, etc. Not critical.

Treasure maps: I would like to see better loot from them, but more than that, I would like to see more of them. Once you get the half dozen or so maps from a zone, the thrill of finding them is gone. Maybe have a small dev team that wakes up a couple times per year and puts out a few new Treasure Maps. Perhaps retire old locations and cycle them back in periodically. Also, as an anti-botting mechanism, move the dig spot by a few feet every so often. Same map spot, just different exact location. Stop numbering the maps so that the title of the map identifies what it is. Right now, the title pretty much says "treasure map to the dig spot next to the dead tree in Rivenspire."

Treasure map loot: I would like to see a targeted loot system tied to the RNG that will occasionally give loot specifically for the character. If the character is out of level for the zone, maybe a bit of weapon or armor with a "common" trait that is not known. If the character is in the level for the zone, maybe a weapon or armor that is designed to be just slightly better than what the character has. Also, I always appreciate gold and they could bump up the gold in the chests.

LFG + Cross Alliance: Before making cross-alliance the savior of the LFG tool, I would like to see that people are actually using the LFG tool and that the LFG tool is working. I am really against the "player privilege" stuff that puts the player outside of the game world and lore because the players want to. Using guilds as a reason for cross alliance groups emphasizes what is wrong with guilds. Until Kiosks, guilds were not even part of the game world or lore. They are a player privilege, like mail, that just exists, which is why they can be cross-alliance. If LFG just exists as a player privilege to serve the players who just want to grind dungeons with whatever warm bodies happen to be hanging around, no matter what the game world and lore says, then there is one less reason to having a game world and lore. I am sure that this is fine with some people who may view the game world as little more than a lobby to stand in while waiting for a group, and lore as just something to keep antiquated game concepts alive.

I'll continue to prefer that the game world and lore lead the charge towards cross-alliance grouping, not player privilege.

P.S. - I am not sure whether the console LFG tool is actually any better at actually finding groups than the PC/Mac one. If it is, hopefully there will be an update for PC/Mac for this. I suspect the possibility that the changes for the console may be largely cosmetic.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Heromofo wrote: »

We continue to work with Vanilla Forums to resolve the problems that came up with the mobile theme, but we don't have any updates or an ETA.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We continue to work with Vanilla Forums to resolve the problems that came up with the mobile theme, but we don't have any updates or an ETA.

@ZOS_AlanG
    Mmm spewin Alan i was really hoping the 5 week delay was because of a phone app.
    You gotta admit that 5 weeks to fix the mobile forums is really really bad.

Phone apps are not hard and if they let us we could get the unofficial app turned into the official app and touch it up. :(
    Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 6:36PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG
    If they want to say use the unoffical app and talk to the developer who would be honored to do the work for them if the tools are supplied.

dpbdpb7@gmail.com
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG
    If they want to say use the unoffical app and talk to the developer who would be honored to do the work for them if the tools are supplied.

EMAIL REMOVED

Dude.. don't put that guy's email out there! Private message it.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    @ZOS_AlanG

EMAIL REMOVED

Its ok Gidorick its his business email attached to his app page of the play store for everyone to see. :)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG

EMAIL REMOVED

Its ok Gidorick its his business email attached to his app page of the play store for everyone to see. :)

ooh. lol. ok. I thought it was just some guy you knew. What app are you speaking of?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG

EMAIL REMOVED

ooh. lol. ok. I thought it was just some guy you knew. What app are you speaking of?

Lol its ok but its the eso toolkit and its unreal i know dp would make an unreal app for them with the proper tools.
    Always figured if they have too much on their plate then maybe its time to look to loyal fans for help.