Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S01E04) Subscription And His Gal Crown Store Also A Voting Poll

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Subscription and the crown store could use a few tweaks and changes.
I am sure you are aware of this ZOS as the forums have thread after thread on this.
But what could possibly be done that could let ESO profit nicely as well as keep the general population happy.
Well i have some thoughts on this but i do not know how they will sit hence why we need a good o'l poll vote as well.

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5

☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/KNDT7EInclo

Subscription The Loyalty Payment

Since ESO went buy to play we have seen changes to the subscription plan. But is it worth it?, well i plan to go into detail about just that.
When a game like this is buy to play it means a subscription is essentially a loyalty program. Where you are paying mainly to support the game.
"But Mofo you idiot we get rewards for been a subscriber and i feel it is worth it".

Well yes it is ok for some and that is a good thing. But there are us who want to give zos money but dont really care for the crown store.
"But what about the cool pets and mounts and that pretty wedding dress?"
Although my orc looks really good in a wedding dress i dont like the idea of seeing hordes of people in it lol.

" so instead of complaining why not tell us what the almighty mofo would do then?........"
Well we start with a multi tiered subscription system.
A fellow Forum user has a smashing idea and i believe in his idea.

@c.p.garrett1993_ESO Wrote:

"Why is ESO+ broken?"

Before continuing allow me to outline the current subscription model:
1,500 Monthly Crowns
Full DLC Access (Active Subscription Required)
10% Bonus Character Progression

This is only beneficial to those who either regularly purchase crowns or to players a year or two from now who will find it more cost effective to spend $15 a month instead of $100+ all at once. Many players may not be interested in the crown store and it does not make any sense to have a subscription model that will not be beneficial until an unspecified time in the future. The 10% bonus is negligible at best.

In response to many of the various topics on the subject I have created a model that incorporates every major suggestion I have seen. On top of that I have arranged it in multiple tiers to make it budget-friendly and enticing. This would draw more customers in and increase the revenue of the game.
In turn, more money coming in means more time and resources for development. Essentially being a win-win for both ZOS and the community.

The model is not perfect. I am not an expert. The idea is to create a sample, adjusted with YOUR feedback, that ZOS can review.
Were it to be recognized, accepted, and implemented it would likely look very different from what I am including below. Please be sure to judge this as a concept and not as a legitimate product. The model is only here to let ZOS know what we want out of our subscriptions.

ESO + Bronze Membership - $4.99 (USD):
The most basic membership. Perks are a simple, but useful, way of "Thank you!" for supporting the game.
375 Crowns/ Monthly
Remove Advertisements
PvP Queue Priority
Edit:
- Increased crowns from 50% to 75%.
- Removed loyalty bonuses.
- Removed DLC Access.
- Added PvP Queue Priority

ESO + Silver Membership - $9.99 (USD):
Silver membership is intended to be standard membership. Intended to be the basics.
750 Crowns/ Monthly
Remove Advertisements
PvP Queue Priority (Example: Cyrodiil)
10% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
DLC Access (Active Membership of 3+ Months Required/ 3+ Month Purchase)
Edit:
- Increased Crowns from 50% to 75%.
- Changed "High Priority" to "PvP Queue Priority" as was initially intended.
- Removed loyalty bonuses.

ESO + Gold Membership - $14.99 USD:
Gold members are current subscribers and is intended to cover many of the common requests I see at the cost of 500 Crowns.
1,250 Crowns/ Monthly
Remove Advertisements
15% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
DLC Access (Active Membership Required)
10% Crown Store Discount (?)
Exclusive Forum (Discuss Crown Shop updates?)
Edit:
- Increased crowns from 2/3 to approximately 83.3%. Alternative was 1125 Crowns (75%).
- Removed Loyalty Bonuses.
- Added 10% Crown Store Discount.
- Added "Exclusive Forum" access.

ESO + Platinum - $19.99 (USD):
Designed for those who favor the crown store, fewer in-game perks.
1,750 Crowns/ Month
Remove Advertisements
15% Character Bonus (Progression/ Gold/ Materials)
DLC Access (Active Membership Required)
20% Crown Shop Discount
Exclusive Forum (Discuss Crown Shop updates?)
Edit:
- Decreased crowns from 100% to approximately 87.5%. This puts it more in line with the other tiers at only a slight bonus.
- Removed Loyalty Bonuses
- Reduced 20% Character Progression bonus to 15%.
- Set Crown Shop Discount to 20%.

☆ Crown Store

Now i dont see much wrong with the crown store but i do have a few pointers id like to see changed.
1. All disguises taking up the bags of our heroes could be placed in the collection tab with the crown store ones.
2. You need to let people gift crowns to there mates especially if there short 100 or so crowns and you can spare it.( Restrictions will have to apply to stop abuse)
3. Until you bring in player housing maybe adding in s trophy tab to the collections as these are dead weight.
4. Dont spam adverts even if it means someone may miss out the backlash is to much to be worth it.

More to come later

PLEASE READ FIRST
The multi subscription above is just one idea so remember if voting
For it. The above is just an example for ZOS but i am sure they would do their own version
Of it.
Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 10:57AM

Improving On ESO S01E04) Subscription And His Gal Crown Store Also A Voting Poll 25 votes

I would Like to see the multi tier subscription and the crown store changes (Explain Below)
36%
c.p.garrett1993_ESOretyler3_ESODrazekSpazzKidd3BugCollectorb92303008rwb17_ESOdafox187Heromofonastuug 9 votes
I would not like to see a multi tier subscription or changes to the crown store (Explain Below)
40%
ThymosMercyKillingmaingrayOlympioselias.stormneb18_ESOShiunTrazeAudigyRomoLucyferLightbringerTierbook 10 votes
I would like to see only the crown store changes not the multi subscription (Explain Below)
24%
WodwoElsonsoFrenkthevileDestaiEhckoStrider_Roshin 6 votes
I would like to see only the Multi tier subscription and not the changes to the crown store (Explain Below)
0%
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I like the idea of buying crowns for other people. I'll buy you 1000 crowns, you give me 100.000 gold? Not sure about that. Rest sounds interessting.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would Like to see the multi tier subscription and the crown store changes (Explain Below)
    Leijona wrote: »
    I don't know if I like the idea of buying crowns for other people. I'll buy you 1000 crowns, you give me 100.000 gold? Not sure about that. Rest sounds interessting.

Yeah they will have to have restrictions to stop that.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Crown Store

Now i dont see much wrong with the crown store but i do have a few pointers id like to see changed.
    1. All disguises taking up the bags of our heroes could be placed in the collection tab with the crown store ones.
    2. You need to let people gift crowns to there mates especially if there short 100 or so crowns and you can spare it.
    3. Until you bring in player housing maybe adding in s trophy tab to the collections as these are dead weight.
    4. Dont spam adverts even if it means someone may miss out the backlash is to much to be worth it.
    OK, I agree that 1 and 3 are changes that should be made, but they really have nothing to do with the Crown Store.

As far as 2 goes, yeah, that's really dangerous. It opens up a lot of potential for pay to win abuse as people spend real money to buy Crowns to use those Crowns to buy endgame gear from people who actually earned it... I'm sure gold sellers could find a way to abuse that too.

For item 4, that's already done. After the backlash from those advertising announcements for that one senche, ZOS announced that they're not going to do that again.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Crown Store

2. You need to let people gift crowns to there mates especially if there short 100 or so crowns and you can spare it.
    OK, I agree that 1 and 3 are changes that should be made, but they really have nothing to do with the Crown Store.

As far as 2 goes, yeah, that's really dangerous. It opens up a lot of potential for pay to win abuse as people spend real money to buy Crowns to use those Crowns to buy endgame gear from people who actually earned it... I'm sure gold sellers could find a way to abuse that too.

For item 4, that's already done. After the backlash from those advertising announcements for that one senche, ZOS announced that they're not going to do that again.

Yeah it would have to be a small amount each week and what ever else they can figure out.
    But it happens alot where you have crowns you dont need but a friend could use.

Plus i am sure we have sites doing that now offering items for money lol.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? It pretty much destroys the gold farmers/bots. When thousands of players are potential buyers because they can legitimately purchase crowns with in-game currency, they will never go hunting for gold websites. No customers, no bots.

edited: bc I'm ***...
    Edited by nastuug on May 5, 2015 4:34PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Why not? It pretty much destroys the gold farmers/bots. When thousands of players are potential buyers because they can legitimately purchase crowns with in-game currency, they will never go hunting for gold websites. No customers, no bots.

edited: bc I'm ***...

It will be interesting to see what they do because pretty sure there are websites already selling eso items lol.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 5, 2015 4:55PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay Tuned ZOS

For the last page

Saving ESO part 5 the final chapter
    It will cover

A possible mobile app
    Why auction houses should not be overlooked
    And account wide achievements and points

Still in writing so dont expect it until tomorrow area. ;)

Heromofo
    Edited by Heromofo on May 5, 2015 5:24PM
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    i like the ads i would like to see a off on switch instead of a remove

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dafox187 wrote: »
    i like the ads i would like to see a off on switch instead of a remove

I am sure they could easily do it but it has come to my attention that after the backlash k
    Of the mount that they dont plan to do it anymore bud.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice

Could use more feedback on this subject also if you have another version please tell us here.

Your pal
    Heromofo
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the following added to the tiers, but only outside of PvP (Cyrodil); you know because of the whole Play to Win thing. :)

Bronze:
    • 5% increase to speed while on foot (outside of PvP areas)

Silver
    • 10% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 5% reduction in research of traits

Gold
    • 15% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 10 points added to mounts stamina
    • 10% reduction in research of traits
    • Able to update 1 additional riding skill for a total of two; e.g. 1 point to speed & 1 point to stamina (edit - added)
    • Crafting Hireling - If you have the skill from the crafting tree the hireling will now leave an item in your mailbox every 12 hours regardless of whether you are signed on or not for a maximum of 14 items, have to put a limit (edit - added)

Platinum
    • 20% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 15 points added to riding skill stamina
    • 10 points added to riding skill storage
    • 15% reduction in research of traits
    • Able to update 2 additional riding skill for a total of three; e.g. 1 point to speed, 1 point to stamina, & 1 point to storage (edit - added)
    • Crafting Hireling - If you have the skill from the crafting tree the hireling will now leave an item in your mailbox every 12 hours regardless of whether you are signed on or not for a maximum of 14 items, have to put a limit (edit - added)

And if ESO never decides to do the multi-tier, which honestly 4.99 is better than nothing, then just add the gold plan. As for the Crown Store changes I don't really care for I am fine with the way it is now, but I would like to see more content added.
    Edited by retyler3_ESO on May 15, 2015 2:52PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the following added to the tiers, but only outside of PvP (Cyrodil); you know because of the whole Play to Win thing. :)

Bronze:
    • 5% increase to speed while on foot (outside of PvP areas)

Silver
    • 10% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 5% reduction in research of traits

Gold
    • 15% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 10 points added to mounts stamina
    • 10% reduction in research of traits
    • Able to update 1 additional riding skill for a total of two; e.g. 1 point to speed & 1 point to stamina (edit - added)

Platinum
    • 20% increase to speed while on foot and mounted (outside of PvP areas)
    • 15 points added to riding skill stamina
    • 10 points added to riding skill storage
    • 15% reduction in research of traits
    • Able to update 2 additional riding skill for a total of three; e.g. 1 point to speed, 1 point to stamina, & 1 point to storage (edit - added)

And if ESO never decides to do the multi-tier, which honestly 4.99 is better than nothing, then just add the gold plan. As for the Crown Store changes I don't really care for I am fine with the way it is now, but I would like to see more content added.
    It is a good idea mate i hope zos checks it out also Happy you said out of pvp lol keeps them at bay.

Ps just updated alot of my threads if you are up for a read. :)