The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S04E01) Skeltons,Armor Damage And Unarmed Skill Line

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5
☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/CMfx3MT8ge0

☆ Skeltons In ESO

Does not require much of an explanation but simply put all skeletons in ESO look exactly the same no matter the race.
A small change is required but will help with both immersion and looks.

See below on some examples:
5OJrygg.jpg
CZ8jIc6.jpg
C87tbqJ.jpg
2O1aawU.jpg

☆ Armor Damage
I will keep it short and sweet but it would be good to see armor show signs of damage as the percentage for each piece goes down.
Of course once you repair it fixes these blemishes and would help to add to the immersion. :)

A quick idea of this:
75% small cracks or tears in the armor and a small dirt build up.
50% further tears and cracks in the armor followed by dirt and blood build up.
25% armor pieces missing i.e one glove missing as well as dirt and blood build up.

☆ Unarmed Combat

☆ Heromofo's Idea
Come on who does not enjoy bashing some skulls in with their fists.
Now imagine a new weapon skill line based on just this called Unarmed.
Now i am just going to post an example and not go to far into detail just an example.

As stjobe pointed out to overcome the enchanting problem just offer it as different hand wraps and gloves.

I will list a possible ultimate because i believe all weapon lines should have an ultimate ability and with luck soon they will.
Ultimate Ability
Lighting Speed: Both movement speed and attack speed are increased by x amount for x amount of time.
Morphs
Triple Thunder: Further increases the effects by x amount.
Ever Lasting Speed: Increases the duration by x amount.

Abilities

Ability 1
Fists of fury: line a target up for a multiple strike combo each hit also stuns the target.
Morphs
Flying Palm Strikes: The target is now stunned even longer.
Heavy handed: Each attack has a chance to cause damage over time.

Ability 2
Flying Kick: launch at the target dealing massive amounts of damage and knocking them back.
Morphs
Powered Kick: Deals more damage and increases the knock back effect.
Saving Charge: The move can now be used on allies lunging at them taking all attacks for them at a reduced amount for x amount of seconds.

Ability 3
Focused Power: As engery builds your attacks get stronger and stronger for x amount of time:
Morphs
Critical Surge: Each attack Increases the chance your next hit will critical.
Slow Release: Increases the duration.

Ability 4
Headbutt: A quick attack that stuns your target for x amount of time.
Morphs
Lingering Effect: Stuns lasts longer and after the stun finishes the target is slowed for x amount of time.
Power Up: Increases the damage and increases the chance your next attack will critically hit by x amount.

Ability 5
Dizzy Punch: Launches a powerful fist attack at the stomach area causing the target to stagger.
Morphs
Tornado Punch: Hurls the target backwards and the target cannot cast spells for x amount of time.
Reaping Blow: gives x amount of the damage afflicted as health.

Then just add some passives zos.

@stjobe Idea
Having an Unarmed Skill tree would make things so much easier, even more fun, and perhaps even viable at later levels!

Here's what such an Unarmed skill tree could look like:

Active Abilities
A2: Kick. A kick attack doing X physical damage
A4: Flurry. A flurry of six punches doing X physical damage
A14: Sweep. You sweep the legs of your opponent, knocking them down for X seconds
A20: Flying kick. You jump to and kick an enemy up to 22 m away
A38: Focus. Your unarmed attacks do X/Y more damage for Z seconds

Passive Abilities
P5: Fists of Steel. Increases damage when unarmed by X/Y
P10: Rigourous Training. Reduces the cost of unarmed abilities by X/Y
P17: Lightning Reflexes. Increases dodge chance when unarmed by X/Y
P30: Conditioning. Decreases damage taken by X/Y
P41: Deflect Arrows. Blocks X/Y damage from projectiles

As for missing out on weapon enchants I see two possible solutions:
1. Either make the unarmed abilities inherently better than weapon attacks to make up the difference,
2. or (preferably) have unarmed "weapons" e.g. hand wraps that you can enchant.[/quote]
Needless to say, I'm all for an Unarmed skill tree being added.[/quote]

These are just examples but to show you zos how it could work.

6LrxNlH.jpg
nCXWlU0.jpg
qYddkQQ.jpg
wr14SO3.jpg

Edited by Heromofo on June 5, 2015 11:22AM

Improving On ESO S04E01) Skeltons,Armor Damage And Unarmed Skill Line 19 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
47%
GidorickLeijonaSpazzKidd3GregGhostwalkerLDNovaMarxSarevoccBookShotsHeromofo 9 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
21%
ThymosVeridiano02RomoDigital_Frontier 4 votes
Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
15%
WodwoKorprokb92303008rwb17_ESO 3 votes
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
15%
PsychobunniMashilleMarenne 3 votes
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Romo
    Do you read my threads or simply just vote no on everything. :D
    Not that it bothers me im glad to get all sides of feedback but it would be nice if you dont vote without explaining it.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of unarmed combat but it needs to be more different to the current melee skill liens, the abilities you have come up with are too similar to other skill line abilities.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    I like the idea of unarmed combat but it needs to be more different to the current melee skill liens, the abilities you have come up with are too similar to other skill line abilities.

Aah bud it's just an example to show zos how it could look i am sure they would add their own flavor to the line.:)
  • stjobe
    stjobe
    ✭✭
    Wrote this up in another thread about an Unarmed skill tree:
    stjobe wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of fun with Olaf the Mad Pugilist (my Nord DK that hasn't ever used a weapon), but it kind of sucks that there's nothing but light/heavy attacks that do piddly damage (even though certain DK abilities increase the damage, it's still very much less than with a weapon).

Having an Unarmed Skill tree would make things so much easier, even more fun, and perhaps even viable at later levels!

Active Abilities
    A14: Sweep. You sweep the legs of your opponent, knocking them down for X seconds

Passive Abilities

1. Either make the unarmed abilities inherently better than weapon attacks to make up the difference,
    2. or (preferably) have unarmed "weapons" e.g. hand wraps that you can enchant.
    Needless to say, I'm all for an Unarmed skill tree being added.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrote this up in another thread about an Unarmed skill tree:
    I'm having a lot of fun with Olaf the Mad Pugilist (my Nord DK that hasn't ever used a weapon), but it kind of sucks that there's nothing but light/heavy attacks that do piddly damage (even though certain DK abilities increase the damage, it's still very much less than with a weapon).

Active Abilities

Passive Abilities

2. or (preferably) have unarmed "weapons" e.g. hand wraps that you can enchant.
    Needless to say, I'm all for an Unarmed skill tree being added.

There you go bud :)

Added it in and nice post mate @stjobe
  • Veridiano02
    Veridiano02
    ✭✭
    I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
    Well, the armor breaking and skeletons of different races are nice ideas, but... It's just some nice shiny thing that don't really affect on how the game works. I mean, I'm a rol player myself and I would love to see things like this, but the game, right now, needs to improve other things. Add more content, etc. So focus just in a couple of shiny things is, right now, a mistake. Maybe in the future it can be a cool thing to add. Just not right now.

Unarmed combat... No. Just no. Maybe some kind of brawling, like a duel, or as a minigame in taverns, but as a skill line? How many people fighting against deaedras, dwemer constructs or dragons with their fists? It breaks the atmosphere. It's too much. Before unarmed, I want necromancy, real magic (Conjuration, Illusion, real fire and ice magic) spears or throwing weapons...
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the armor breaking and skeletons of different races are nice ideas, but... It's just some nice shiny thing that don't really affect on how the game works. I mean, I'm a rol player myself and I would love to see things like this, but the game, right now, needs to improve other things. Add more content, etc. So focus just in a couple of shiny things is, right now, a mistake. Maybe in the future it can be a cool thing to add. Just not right now.

Unarmed combat... No. Just no. Maybe some kind of brawling, like a duel, or as a minigame in taverns, but as a skill line? How many people fighting against deaedras, dwemer constructs or dragons with their fists? It breaks the atmosphere. It's too much. Before unarmed, I want necromancy, real magic (Conjuration, Illusion, real fire and ice magic) spears or throwing weapons...

Indeed they are but the Improving On ESO and Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas are just ideas for them to consider it could be years before anything is done lol.

Actually unarmed combat is a powerful tool in the real world and video games as a body can be trained to become a deadly weapon. :)

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like most of your improvement ideas(all 600 threads lol), but quite a bit of them are long list ideas if you know what I mean.

I had actually hoped with the title that someone else was pointing out that the living dead skeletons in the game snort and hiss like a ticked off cat....not that I know exactly what one should sound like, but cat fight isn't it :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like most of your improvement ideas(all 600 threads lol), but quite a bit of them are long list ideas if you know what I mean.

I had actually hoped with the title that someone else was pointing out that the living dead skeletons in the game snort and hiss like a ticked off cat....not that I know exactly what one should sound like, but cat fight isn't it :D

Thanks bud and yeah lol the list is long but unfortunately there are so many ways to improve on eso that its not even at the half way mark. :D

*hiss hiss*

Is it a cat?
    Is it a snake?

No

its a walking snarling skeleton lol :D
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it before, it's all well and good that you care enough to want to see "improvements" to the game, but there is so much else that is wrong that needs to be addressed BEFORE anything like what you've been suggesting should happen.

Once those things have been dealt with, then sure....have at it with these kind of things. Until then? Nope.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it before, it's all well and good that you care enough to want to see "improvements" to the game, but there is so much else that is wrong that needs to be addressed BEFORE anything like what you've been suggesting should happen.

Once those things have been dealt with, then sure....have at it with these kind of things. Until then? Nope.

Mercy :D you should know that is exactly my point of view lol.

First they must vanquish the lag monster plaguing pvp.

Then a good bug spray.

Then some dlc got nothing funny for that.

These are just ideas for them to consider. :)

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another list of great ideas @Heromofo!

@MercyKilling, My thought is that us letting ZOS know how we would like to see ESO develop will help them make the game that we would like to spend time in and play. For me, things like racial skeletons, sitting in chairs, Secunda not having a reflection are all very small things that add up to a larger issue and some issues, like racial skeletons, can be fixed in future DLC then retroactively fixed later in existing zones.

In fact, back on Feb 18th, I started a thread asking that certain features be added to new DLC... and then be added to existing zones later. The more content they add without things like racial skeletons and functional ladders, the larger the job will be to fix them and the less likely it will be that ZOS ever actually fixes these issues.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152453/environmental-immersion-features-that-should-be-added-to-future-zones

Personally, I think ZOS is going to be surprised at how many console players are going to complain about these exact same things. Of course, I'm going to play the console version of ESO more like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, so the omission of immersive contextual interaction will be less irksome during those playthroughs. heheh.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 24, 2015 6:22PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Another list of great ideas @Heromofo!

@MercyKilling, My thought is that us letting ZOS know how we would like to see ESO develop will help them make the game that we would like to spend time in and play. For me, things like racial skeletons, sitting in chairs, Secunda not having a reflection are all very small things that add up to a larger issue and some issues, like racial skeletons, can be fixed in future DLC then retroactively fixed later in existing zones.

In fact, back on Feb 18th, I started a thread asking that certain features be added to new DLC... and then be added to existing zones later. The more content they add without things like racial skeletons and functional ladders, the large the job will be to fix them and the less likely it will be that ZOS ever actually fixes these issues.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152453/environmental-immersion-features-that-should-be-added-to-future-zones

Personally, I think ZOS is going to be surprised at how many console players are going to complain about these exact same things. Of course, I'm going to play the console version of ESO more like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, so the omission of immersive contextual interaction will be less irksome during those playthroughs. heheh.

As usual voice of reason @Gidorick

And he is right its the small things that make the biggest impact. :)
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed combat, I instantly thought of Lee Sin haha
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~ Different looking skeletons aren't a must, but I can see how it would add to immersion.
    ~ Armor getting visibly worn would add to immersion, and it would give you an extra incentive to repair it, if you start looking like a hobo (unless it's the look you're going for :tongue: ).
    ~ Unarmed: yes, Yes, and YES! I still don't understand how unarmed doesn't have just a little skill somewhere. It has always been part of TES, so why not ESO?
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, @NovaMarx, it's not that racial skeletons would ADD to immersion, it's that there not being racial skeletons is distracting from immersion, especially when there are quests that reference very specific skeletons, humanoid skeletons, and they are referenced as Argonian Skeletons.

It's makes a player wonder why they didn't notice that? Are they just not paying attention? If they ARE paying attention and this was noticed... do they just not care that it doesn't match? Why not? If they don't care about such an insignificant detail, what other details have been ignored? Not having racial skeletons just seems like lazy execution, and that's never something a player should feel while playing a game.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, @NovaMarx, it's not that racial skeletons would ADD to immersion, it's that there not being racial skeletons is distracting from immersion, especially when there are quests that reference very specific skeletons, humanoid skeletons, and they are referenced as Argonian Skeletons.

It's makes a player wonder why they didn't notice that? Are they just not paying attention? If they ARE paying attention and this was noticed... do they just not care that it doesn't match? Why not? If they don't care about such an insignificant detail, what other details have been ignored? Not having racial skeletons just seems like lazy execution, and that's never something a player should feel while playing a game.

Yep its the little things that can break a game as well. :)
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL excuse me for agreeing and apparently choosing the "wrong" words :tongue:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »

LOL excuse me for agreeing and apparently choosing the "wrong" words :tongue:

@NovaMarx

I think it was more adding to it as Gidoricks been trying for a long time to get them to see that things like this can impact a game and they add up. :)
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really say more, as I agree with everything. Black Desert has a great way to display damaged armor.