The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S02E05) Naval Combat,Underwater Diving, Treasure Hunting And DLC Updates

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5
☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆ Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/XoL9GmLgRS0

☆ Naval Combat

Adding in ships may seem out there to some but to others that have seen othet mmo's do it know this to be a brillant addition to the mmo genre.
But i believe that Elder scrolls online would have an even better version of it as well as having the lore already there. It has possibilities for both pve and pvp and hours of fun.

° Possible PVP And PVE
prepare to rally your friends and allies as you battle your way across the seas, challenging fellow players for glory and plunder. Danger lurks in the waters because open oceans are always flagged as pvp zones. This gives you the option to assault trade vessels or pirate ships any time.

fast-paced pvp scenario that combines both traditional player-combat and modified siege weapons only accessible on a ship. Blast the enemy vessel to bits with mounted cannons and when their ship is weakened close in for the kill by pulling up next to their boat and boarding it .By infiltrating the enemy deck and engaging them in player-based combat.

xfdTI0N.jpg

☆ Underwater Diving and Treasure Hunting

Life under the sea is a different world altogether who knows what hides beneath the waters of Nirn?.

This would be mainly for the explorers and would have the possibility of having hidden caves and treasures for this.
Imagine casting water breathing on yourself or if you are one of our scaley friends just jump in lol.
As you swim around you notice a shiny object on the ocean bottom as you approach you see its a group of luminous fish.
But off to the left there is a small opening and as you swim up the tunnel you emerge to see a treasure chest surrounded by algae.

wXb7qtw.jpg

☆ Updates on DLC

The list is long and with very few details now ZOS you are way too quite about these things.
I understand your worried about not living up to what may come but you can fan the flames more by saying nothing.

So here i ask:
What are the current state of the DLCs in progress and the chances they may come to the game?.

- Imperial City
- orsinium
- golden tower
- spell crafting
- dark brotherhood
- thieves guild
- phase 2 of the justice system ( Enforcer)
- Veteran level removal

From MMORPG and Matt Frior
MMORPG.com: Is there a current timeline for DLC releases? Similar with your patches you try for a 4-6 week release, will players be seeing more DLC style updates to make the ESO Plus membership more valuable or is this something that we’ll see every few months?

A: We’re concentrating on 1.6 the Tamriel Unlimited PC conversion, and console launch right now. We’ll release DLC details a bit later this spring.

This is not really a good answer at all as things like this can upset us more than help.
So once again time to speak up we are close to this anyway might as well spill the beans.

☆Thanks

This ends series 2 of improving ESO thank you all for your support so far.

Your pal
Heromofo
r11Y2V3.jpg

Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 11:17AM

Improving On ESO S02E05) Naval Combat,Underwater Diving, Treasure Hunting And DLC Updates 30 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
60%
SeadleGidorickbloodenragedb14_ESOAstienMessy1LeijonaSpazzKidd3ItsGlaiveShiunTrazeZingyDevoteeBrizzSarevoccTierbookTheShadowScoutStikatodafox187HeromofoNaeramarth 18 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
10%
daswahnsinnRomoJohngo0036 3 votes
I Disagree To The First Two But I Want To Know About The DLC ASAP
26%
ThymosGoresnortWycksNebthet78Sotha_SilAdamBourkeThe_SaintLegedric 8 votes
I Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
3%
Korprok 1 vote
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
0%
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loves the touch with the music. :) I really enjoyed the naval combat in Archeage even though it was clunky at times trying to fight underwater (as with most games). If they consider adding this, I just hope they find a way for players to find each other while out at sea because it is usually so vast that it can be boring at times.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree!

That's all really. Just. "Yes please, I would like that!"
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    Loves the touch with the music. :) I really enjoyed the naval combat in Archeage even though it was clunky at times trying to fight underwater (as with most games). If they consider adding this, I just hope they find a way for players to find each other while out at sea because it is usually so vast that it can be boring at times.

I watched the videos of archage doing tbis and your right it bloody unreal.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I agree!

That's all really. Just. "Yes please, I would like that!"

:D

Amen Brother
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Archage is the game I was hoping ESO would be but it's in a world I care nothing about and have no interest in.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Archage is the game I was hoping ESO would be but it's in a world I care nothing about and have no interest in.

On the flip side, I'm really glad ESO shares little relation to Archage - I really disliked it.

@OP - Underwater couldn't interest me less. Underwater in the previous TES titles consisted of 95% copy/paste grey waterbed, rocks, seaweed templates with the occasional broken barrel or treasure chest. Clunky underwater combat interests me equally as much.

Naval combat would be alright, though without a pvp element I can't see it really taking off - so considering ZOS is focused on Cyrodiil there doesn't seem to be place for it.

Updates on DLC - sure, though this community has definitely shown that it isn't mature enough to handle seeing sneak peeks/receiving detailed information about work in progress. The amount of people who accuse ZOS of 'lying' on the basis of projects changing over the course of development is astounding, so I wouldn't blame them if they incorporate a "Don't show anything that isn't already set in stone" attitude towards updates - which means we probably won't receive any worthwhile information until the DLC is already being prepped for release.
    Edited by BBSooner on May 13, 2015 1:30PM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

On the flip side, I'm really glad ESO shares little relation to Archage - I really disliked it.

Well... my opinion is purely from watching videos of gameplay. I never cared enough to download it. What did you dislike about it @BBSooner?
    Edited by Gidorick on May 13, 2015 1:32PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... my opinion is purely from watching videos of gameplay. I never card enough to download it. What did you dislike about it @BBSooner?

Cluttered/clunky UI, amateur questing system (with aneurysm inducing terrible bongo music that played during every single dialog sequence no matter the region/quest/context), worse build disparity than ESO - you could choose some truly terrible builds that bricked your character. It was also pretty monetized for day 1, so I didn't have time to enjoy it before having that bad taste in my mouth. I think the clincher was having a global chat spammed by gold sellers and not having anything done to them over the course of hours.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... my opinion is purely from watching videos of gameplay. I never card enough to download it. What did you dislike about it @BBSooner?

Cluttered/clunky UI, amateur questing system (with aneurysm inducing terrible bongo music that played during every single dialog sequence no matter the region/quest/context), worse build disparity than ESO - you could choose some truly terrible builds that bricked your character. It was also pretty monetized for day 1, so I didn't have time to enjoy it before having that bad taste in my mouth. I think the clincher was having a global chat spammed by gold sellers and not having anything done to them over the course of hours.

The naval system is still unreal for an mmo the rest is meh. :D
    Edited by Heromofo on May 13, 2015 3:30PM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So pretty much... It's a mess. Got it. Lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO could implement a better naval system
    Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Disagree To The First Two But I Want To Know About The DLC ASAP
    No offense but they need to tackle a lot more important issues before they start adding new features:
    • PVP lag issues
    • More interesting PvP (hopefully Imperial City ) and meta PvP that matters.
    • Solo end game issues
    • More content + storyline
    • Better crown store
    • Group finding
    Edited by Wycks on May 13, 2015 5:08PM
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭

I am about tired to death of naval systems playing the Assassin Creed series. What I would like see added to ESO is a parkour,acrobatics system to compliment current PvE and PvP in ESO. As well as chariots, trojan horses, big mythical beast constructed out of wood, stone, etc. Maybe even a dungeon creator.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »

I am about tired to death of naval systems playing the Assassin Creed series. What I would like see added to ESO is a parkour,acrobatics system to compliment current PvE and PvP in ESO. As well as chariots, trojan horses, big mythical beast constructed out of wood, stone, etc. Maybe even a dungeon creator.

I don't know how they would implement parkour but if its like warframe i am so down for that. :D
    Options
  • Tierbook
    Tierbook
    ✭✭
    Naval combat is the big issue here but it wouldn't be much different than normal combat, just make it so it requires people be grouped up and the group leader directs the ships captain, from there it's standard PvP, just make sure there are ladders on the side of the boat in case you fall off.
    Options
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
    Naval combat won't be as fun. All you'll see in zone chat is "LFG Naval Combat Group" or some version like it since no wants to start a group or lead one. Also drive a boat around the Imperial city seems pretty boring and lackluster. Underwater swimmijg would be hard for the developers since they added so many slaughter fish it would be impossible to remove them all. As for DLCs we will get one after the console release.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. You think they are adding any of this stuff? I'll have some of what you are smoking please. :)

You: Hi Zos. Can you plz add naval combat and underwater diving?
    ZOS: Underwater is hard. Didn't you watch our ESO Live event? Here.. have a 25 dollar motif in the cash shop and stop complaining because there is no sub so you have no right to complain about "free" content. Enjoy your stay in Tamriel!
    Options
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe in five years.

Adding underwater would be like when wow added flying, it takes an entire rewrite, and I don't see them ever doing that now.
    It would be nice, and should be in game, sorry to use the phrase, but that boat has sailed.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on May 16, 2015 6:53AM
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe in five years.

Adding underwater would be like when wow added flying, it takes an entire rewrite, and I don't see them ever doing that now.
    It would be nice, and should be in game, sorry to use the phrase, but that boat has sailed.

Wow also did it in parts as well they gave us it over expasions so they had plenty of time.

Options
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diving yes, underwater combat no.
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leijona wrote: »

@Leijona
    Yeah im not ok with underwater combat i really hated it in wow lol.
    But diving and exploring the underwater world would be great treasure hunting.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leijona

Judging by what they said in the armchair developer segment they don't understand why we would want underwater content with no combat.

That was pretty much what they focused on.

Oh and no underwater mounts!!!!
    Edited by Gidorick on May 27, 2015 3:28PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leijona

Judging by what the said in armchair developer segment they don't understand why we would want underwater content with no combat.

Lol made me laugh because it felt like they did not even read the forums lol and just thought we wanted under water combat lol.

Even though a large part of Elder Scroll Games is simply exploring. :D
    Options