The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S02E04) Racial Passives,Flying Mounts, FP Riding And Mounted Combat

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5
☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆ Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/QxtLo6HRLlc

☆ Changing Racial Passives

As always i search first to see if an idea matches mine well this one took the cake and added a cherry to it so i would recommend this idea over mine.

From your fan @Kerioko
A good way to balance the passives and put an end to this debate once and for all. :)

1st 3 passives chosen at character select, with in-game shrine that allows spending gold to reset these 3 choices!

- 1st racial passive: Weapon/Armor Proficiency: gives 15% training bonus to your choice of a weapon or armor type

- 2nd Racial Passive: Regen Expert: gives 5/10/15% bonus to your choice of regen (magicka, health, or stamina)

- 3rd Racial Passive: Stat Proficiency: gives 3/7/10% bonus to your choice of stat (magicka, health, or stamina)

-4th Racial Passive: Race Specific Passive: a special passive unique to each race!

Breton: 4% spell cost reduction and 10% spell resistance
Orc: 15% speed increase and 10% charge dmg boost
Redguard: 15% chance to return stamina on melee attack
Altmer: 10% boost to elemental damage
Bosmer: 10% stealth damage and 10% reduced sneak cost
Khajiit: 6% weapon crit and 10% stealth damage
Nord: 6% damage reduction from all sources with additional 15% frost resist
Argonian: 6% healing (both outgoing and incoming) and 10% boost to potions
Dunmer: 10% fire damage and 10% fire resistance
Imperial: 15% chance to return health on melee attack

☆ If Flying Mounts Come In (I Am Heavily Against It)

Now i am against this mainly for lore reasons but i thought i would touch on the idea.
Incase you guys do add it in i only ask a few points are followed to make sure it is not abused.

If you do add in flying mounts:
1. Make sure the lore matches in remember lore serves the game and not the other way around.
2. Don't go out there with it keep it in the realm of nirn so no flying spaghetti monsters.
3. No flying mounts in pvp if this is not followed it would ruin the game.
4. Dont just make it crown store availability but also by gold.

Personally i hope this never comes to pass but i just dont know how you guys are thinking anymore.
x63gOnc.jpg

☆ First Person Riding And Mounted Combat

First person riding should not be hard to put in and not that much to be mentioned but it would be great to have it.
Not only for screen shots but i love playing in first person especially with consoles so first person mount view is a must for me.
ZlULgRK.jpg

Here is where it gets fun, why can we not fight on our mounts?.
(Im talking about basic combat and not spells)
This is 2015 and we should see things like this already but let me give you some ideas of it.

Imagine running through Cyrodil and flinging arrows at a mounted player but you could not knock them off and as they approached you a quick smack from their weapon. Sent you flying backwards and stunned but as they turn around to come back for another attack. You mount up and move around them until you have the perfect shot knocking him off their mount with your arrow and as you close in to finish it he knocks you off your mount and you guys continue to battle it out.
l8WHsgl.jpg

Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 11:16AM

Improving On ESO S02E04) Racial Passives,Flying Mounts, FP Riding And Mounted Combat 40 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
22%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSpazzKidd3patrykplawskib16_ESOKetarmishVolkodavHeromofosnuarkiKimberlyannKitsuragiMolydeus 9 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
40%
SeadleThymosLeijonaNebthet78BloodfangTX12001rwb17_ESOdaswahnsinnJKorrRomoSarevoccsadowniknastuugDiozaelsVipstaakkiWhite wabbitMuratA 16 votes
I Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
32%
GidorickBam_BamKorprokThatRedguardGuyBuggeXShiunTrazeDrazhar14greyloxSneaky-SnurrTierbookNaeramarthEldritchPenguinNelson_Rebel 13 votes
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
5%
Rook_MasterEshelmen 2 votes
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. <3
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    Nah. <3

You cannot have feedback without both sides saying.
    I love feedback and opinions. <3
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like your racial passive idea. It would help balance things out by letting more races take on more roles while keeping the race specific bonus.

Flying mounts... just no. I'd rather see underwater exploration added first.

First person mounts and mounted combat - hell yes. Especially in PvP, mounted combat would add a whole new perspective on it! Plus we could also get some cool mounted PvE enemies.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Nah. <3

Heh. I would elaborate, but these features are years upon years away from being implemented, if at all. Thus, it's a waste of breath, or typing. =P
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I really like your racial passive idea. It would help balance things out by letting more races take on more roles while keeping the race specific bonus.

First person mounts and mounted combat - hell yes. Especially in PvP, mounted combat would add a whole new perspective on it! Plus we could also get some cool mounted PvE enemies.

Thanks bud but @Kerioko
    Is responsible for the racial passive idea but it was better than mine so i replaced it and gave him props.
    Aso i hate flying mounts but im worried they may consider it so had to touch on it. :)
    I know how you feel i want to see mounted combat because it will add a new level to pvp.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. <3

Heh. I would elaborate, but these features are years upon years away from being implemented, if at all. Thus, it's a waste of breath, or typing. =P

:D its ok this staves off my madness but mounted combat would be ridiculously fun for eso pvp.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just to clear things up, you're proposing:
    - Guild/player housing
    - Gambling mini game
    - Tamriel holiday events
    - Cross faction grouping
    - Racial passive overhaul
    - Flying mounts
    - Mounted combat
    - Better rewards for finding hidden treasure
    - Mobile forums
    - Hitable world/items

Does that about cover it?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Seadle
    Seadle
    ✭✭✭
    Flying Mounts, no thank you, flying mounts are the dumbest idea anyone can come up. The racial passives are fine. Mounted combat doesn't matter when you are dismounted from damage intake.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
    I definitely agree with the passives change. This was something I proposed in a different thread.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First person horse and mounted combat? Yes.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    - Guild/player housing
    - Gambling mini game
    - Tamriel holiday events
    - Cross faction grouping
    - Flying mounts
    - Mounted combat
    - Mobile forums
    - Hitable world/items

Ley there are alot more than that check out series 1 and follow the links to each part as each series will be over 5 threads. :)
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to flying Mounts
    mby to riding combat, but should be a cooki at the end after housing imp City etc
    racial Need Change but somthing different, was thinking about uniq skills like in the es games
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't care about any of this stuff and it is all junk I wouldn't spend crowns on. I would like to see whatever meager resources they have put to use making a new zone, new trials content, and new PVP content. I wouldn't mind a flying bone dragon mount or a cybertorium for the hottest ERP, but it's not a priority in my mind till we see some new content.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't care about any of this stuff and it is all junk I wouldn't spend crowns on. I would like to see whatever meager resources they have put to use making a new zone, new trials content, and new PVP content. I wouldn't mind a flying bone dragon mount or a cybertorium for the hottest ERP, but it's not a priority in my mind till we see some new content.

I'd like to see new zones also. But at the end of the day, it's the same thing over and over again with different landscapes. Improved and new mechanics to combat and the game system need to be added to keep the game fresh.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Guild/player housing
    - Gambling mini game
    - Tamriel holiday events
    - Cross faction grouping
    - Flying mounts
    - Mounted combat
    - Mobile forums
    - Hitable world/items

Ley there are alot more than that check out series 1 and follow the links to each part as each series will be over 5 threads. :)

It's all very scattered, I may agree with parts of your ideas but the way its presented keeps me from wanting to take any part in your threads. 1 thread/poll per idea would be a lot easier to process, discuss and get productive feedback on and maybe 1 master thread linked to all of them.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Guild/player housing
    - Gambling mini game
    - Tamriel holiday events
    - Cross faction grouping
    - Flying mounts
    - Mounted combat
    - Mobile forums
    - Hitable world/items

It's all very scattered, I may agree with parts of your ideas but the way its presented keeps me from wanting to take any part in your threads. 1 thread/poll per idea would be a lot easier to process, discuss and get productive feedback on and maybe 1 master thread linked to all of them.

I do have a plan for a master thread later on for now the threads are linked.
    Series 1 link will start you off at the start once done click on part 2 and so forth. :)
  • Tierbook
    Tierbook
    ✭✭
    Mounted combat would be nice, would be really awesome if they added lances to the game as 1 handed weapons that you could use shields with. Then we could have tourneys and jousting.
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    First off, this is a very spamming post. Secondly, they won't change the racial passives, I think they did at one point but they really don't do much so why have them. Thirdly, flying mounts will never happen why do people keep asking about this. Go play Skyrim or a flight simulator. Now, first person mount with mount combat just imagine the zergs, the lag, and the added bugs. You are asking too much from the developers and want them to make like six games into one.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tierbook wrote: »
    Mounted combat would be nice, would be really awesome if they added lances to the game as 1 handed weapons that you could use shields with. Then we could have tourneys and jousting.

I could definitely get into some lance action i am also in the process of updating my threads. :)
  • Naeramarth
    only mounted combat pls
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying mounts won't work because the game is not truly open world. There's loading screens and specific entrances and exits to zones. The game is simply not meant for flying mounts.

Note Outlands had to be specifically designed with flying mounts in mind, same with northrend,, it took a major overhaul to make the rest of the vanilla landscape work with flying mounts.

It'd take a major redesign of the game for flying mounts to work with TESO, there'd need to be a seamless open world without loading screens between zones, and the entire continent would have to be fleshed out, and then.. how would you address Cyrodiil?

It simply will not work in this game.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying mounts are a no-go for me. Mounted combats YES YES YESS!
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on April 5, 2017 3:25AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »

Guess the mounts will never be then since the Engine cant support underwater stuff.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racial passives definitely need reworked, I've said this ever since pre-release.

First I don't think your race selection should lock you into a specific playstyle.

Even if they do lock you into specific playstyles they're still very poorly balanced among similar roles anyways. Imperials are obviously far superior to Nords and Orcs, which have 3-6% less of a bonus to their stats and passives like cold resist or sprint speed that are completely worthless.

I'm not sure I agree with your specific idea for a rework, but it's along the right track. Letting people choose specific aspects of their racial passives and being able to reset those choices.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounted combat sounds good on paper, folks, but it's not. It's really not. Learn from LotRO's example: it is not the way to go.

EDIT: smh, they got me too!
    Edited by WhiteMage on April 6, 2017 1:02AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who even so much as mentions the idea of "Flying Mounts" loses all credibility regardless of anything else they say, also I do smell a thread Necromancer on this ol'thread.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 5, 2017 4:55AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the return of the Racial ULTIMATE OP?
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there Soul Gems in the forum? Come on, guys, its from 2015! ¬¬
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's not a constructive answer, but coloured text doesn't make things more engaging or easier to read. For some people it actually makes it harder to read.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there Soul Gems in the forum? Come on, guys, its from 2015! ¬¬
    Derp, I noticed this too late. Theadromancer strikes again. :cold_sweat:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."