The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Improving On ESO S02E01) Gambling, Quick Swapping And Mini Games

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆Introduction

"I'm back baby"

There are more subjects to cover and so little time. If you have not seen series one make sure to read it first before reading this.

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5

☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆ Some Music While You Read

https://youtu.be/KvRoL3xW7Kc

☆ Gambling

Nothing better than spending hours trying to double your gold.

You enter a tavern and notice the table at the end has a npc waving you over.
You approach and sit down and
another player joins you on your right.

Some cards pop up in front of you to scroll through.

Card 1) elder scrolls version of black jack

Card 2) elder scrolls version of roulette

Card 3) elder scrolls version of lucky 7s

Card 4) elder scrolls version of memory

Once the first player on the table selects a card. All remaining players have 30 seconds to select a card. If they fail to do so their character stands up from the table.

If the players all vote differently a message will appear saying random game selection. Forcing a random game then the game asks for bets as players can bet as little or as much as they wish (remember they are competing against the dealer not other players).

Once the bets are placed the game round begins. Players may leave or join at will and there is timers on player moves as to avoid them going afk on others.

dA6EQdq.jpg
tjlZ1gs.jpg

Note: do not mention the addons that add a number generator as that is nothing like this.

☆ Quick Swapping For Consoles

Mainly talking ps4 side as i do not know what xbox uses.

Quick swapping means:
The ability to jump from in game chat to psn party chat and back quickly.

Because we will be using voice chat in the console version. A quick swap is needed as on consoles there is not many times you are not in a party chat with friends. This may not apply to everyone but i am sure the vast majority will come across this problem.

So i thought a quick mention would be needed as you guys have said there is no option to do this. So the current system is:

Minimize your game
Go up to party tab
Go inside it and find the switch tab
Swap to in game audio
Go back to home
Bring up your game again
Say what you need to in game
Then repeat the process back

So once again yeah without a type chat this will be sorely needed. But even with type chat this will still be very useful.

☆ Mini Games For The Phone App Idea From Series One.

One of the smartest moves around is having an app tied to a video game. Yes i am talking about Destiny, GTA and others but the reason to this is simple. Keep your players thinking about your game even while not playing. I have already listed many reasons and possible ideas for this in series one. But one main thing is the *mini game* market. If your wondering what this is well it is a simple set of mini games that could be tied to the eso app. That earns you in game exp and gold in small amounts.

So my idea is:

Mini game one
Practice opening lock boxes with increasing difficulty small and simple.

Mini game two
A simple slice and dice game involving our favorite crabs. Can you stop them from getting from a to b in increasing speeds and numbers.

Mini game three
Target practice much like skeet shooting but with arrows to help you hone your skills with a bow.

These are just simple ideas but the mini game concept is very effective.

VYOJrdG.jpg
AROVh7U.jpg

Edited by Heromofo on May 30, 2015 11:12AM

Improving On ESO S02E01) Gambling, Quick Swapping And Mini Games 21 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
33%
Drazhar14nimander99XandryahMarenneHeromofoZenzukiandybrain76 7 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
52%
Thymoscoryevans_3b14_ESOAmsel_McKayKorprokb92303008rwb17_ESOForTheRealmBBSoonerRomoSarevoccTierbookdaedae2506 11 votes
I Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
14%
LeijonaWodwoShiunTraze 3 votes
I Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
0%
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
    A series of minigames - be it in game via random gambling (that isn't even TES flavored), or as a phone app - is definitely not something I'm interested in supporting when we could have coders working on actual content.

As for quick swapping, special features developed by ZOS for single platforms seem like a waste of time, since it only effects a fraction of the playerbase at best.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you smoke?
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    A series of minigames - be it in game via random gambling (that isn't even TES flavored), or as a phone app - is definitely not something I'm interested in supporting when we could have coders working on actual content.

As for quick swapping, special features developed by ZOS for single platforms seem like a waste of time, since it only effects a fraction of the playerbase at best.

Hello again BB well gambling is actually very much apart of eso and even between gods. :D
    But the quick swapping was an idea if they dont wish to bring in the chat boxes.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you smoke?

The Dutch stuff :D
    Edited by Heromofo on May 11, 2015 9:58PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mini-game meta is sorely lacking in ESO... example fishing 1.0 and fishing 2.0
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    The mini-game meta is sorely lacking in ESO... example fishing 1.0 and fishing 2.0

Yeah fishing needs a reboot and i hope if they ever look at mini gamed that fishing gets touched up.
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like number one, don't care for the rest or think it is even not necessary.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leijona wrote: »
    Like number one, don't care for the rest or think it is even not necessary.

@Leijona
    Sorry buddy had to cover them as quick swapping is important to us ps4 players especially and the mini game part is just another idea to go along with the phone app btw you should enjoy season 4 alot of hot topics and new ideas. :)
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't know how voice chat is working atm and if I'll be happy with it or not. That's why I don't care about it atm.
    As I know myself, I would play such minigames all the time and I also liked your idea for an app. But I do know, that some people would think they need to have the app and play the minigames, even if they don't like it. That's why I don't really care about it :)

And please, not "buddy" ;)

Might return to all your posts and give a little longer feedback :)
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes!

I like mini-games too, especially races, gambling, and any logic-game (classic kind of board games , or card games)

that would be really cool, YES!

I liked the race-mini-game in Kotor... also Pazaak (i'm not sure if it was a minigame in kotor too)

and other small puzzle-games that require logic to solve.. ; also memory games...

there was a mini-game during an ESO-event too, where players needed to find a Kajit... some new treasure-hunting-games with clues and hints would be cool too, absolutely!

if you could wager money (gold, ingame currency ofc :) would be great too! maybe some players would spend more time playing those minigames (like online poker) instead of playing the "real" game, but for me it would be ok...it would give ESO another aspect/layer of diversity etc..

and there could be prices (tokens maybe) for good performances etc...for fast wins, good playing decisions etc...