Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The ESO Dream...

Ace_of_Destiny
Ace_of_Destiny
✭✭✭✭✭
What is your dream of ESO becoming?

What do you want fixed?

What do you want added?

What do you want changed?
EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
!

)==================================================(
~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
)===================================================(
I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much to type. But for now, what's in my sig will suffice. And after that there's still a lot left to fix.

Also, I'd really like people who are for no AoE caps to follow each other off a cliff into a black hole. :-)

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove animation cancelling. I play RPGs to watch my toon doing cool things on the screen. Canceled animations dont look cool. And if I dont Im not competitive in ESO right now.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    This is like asking toddlers what could be done to improve their kindergarten education.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no particular order:
    • Do away with Vet ranks. Open all areas to players once they hit 50, so they can explore them at their discretion.
    • Delivering on the improved NPC animations (including body and facial language) that were shown at QuakeCon 2014. Throw in some improved voice acting too. Too many NPCs are emotionless wooden spoons.
    • Thin out the mobs (cut pops in half maybe) to make the world feel bigger and make exploration feel more, well, explorative. Currently everything is jammed so tightly together it hardly feels like anything is remote, and makes the world feel smaller.
    • Add in housing, perhaps phased houses located in cities much like Black Desert's system.
    • Add in naval combat and piracy.
    • Barbershop, including sliders for body and face changes.
    • Ability to dye costumes.
    • Ability to create costumes.
    • Mini games. Dice games, card games.
    • Horse racing.
    • Greatly improved performance - perhaps a new engine for this. Got a feeling the current engine is the root of a lot of the performance issues.

• And finally one I'd love, but it'll never happen in a million years - open world PVP in all zones post-50.
    Edited by ItsGlaive on November 1, 2015 10:38AM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Option for 1.5 server.
    + One particular dev should leave already
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the lag and the fps drops in Cyrodiil
    Remove AoE caps
    Give us means to fight these ridiculous stack on crown zergs (Proxy, dynamic ulti etc.)
    New trials and especially challenging content
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "dream"...

1. Fix the bugs.

2. Equalize the platforms...what is in one version is in all versions.

3. Better Dev to Customer communications.

4. Can I have your stuff?
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 3 in my head are..

1) Cyrodil F2P stand-alone game.
    2) Innovation on Adventure Zones like Exploration (Massive zone, where is fog, thats why you can see far, monsters move around alot, so you pump into them quite frequently.) Sea-combat Adventure Zone. Some Dynamic zone with Rift's kind of Rifts could be fun.
    3) More Weapon Skill Trees, like whips, two-hand and single hand flails, two-hand and single hand spears, single-handed style, long spears (Long reach but not able to block or unusable at close range) crossbows, hand-crossbow.
    Edited by Sausage on November 1, 2015 11:05AM
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arenas/ Duels.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most games get better after a year, Battlefield 3/4, games like that....

This game?, hehe, it goes 2 steps forward and 1 back, slow progress.

I just want the game to be optimised, like most games a year and more down the line.

Then start bolting on extra bells and whistles like what the types of players who play this want.

No sense bolting on DLCs or anything till the game itself is fixed and optimised.
    k2blader wrote: »
    This is like asking toddlers what could be done to improve their kindergarten education.

Just a guess you're probably not liked very much IRL.

Is this how people treat eachother on these forums? My point was that sure you can ask the players what they like, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll make for a better game. Just like when you ask toddlers to improve their own education.

I never asked about a "better game"....just "dreams".

Dreams are ethereal.

Cause everybody here is dreaming of a worse game..?

But yeay, an off-topic reply purely designed to hurt someone's feelings gets 2 awesome's, I reckon that says plenty about what kind of people lurk around here. I'm done.

2 people being sarcastic or w/e is only 2 awesomes, hardly indicative of vast amounts of people who lurk around here, considering the vast majority of players never use the forums, and out of them, only 2 gave awesomes to a post that irritates you.

Try to not be so thin skinned, or go to the Battlefield forums then come here, and you will see these forums are nothing compared to there:P

Chill out matey.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    1. Arenas/Battlegrounds/Dueling
    2. Bring back some form of softcaps
    3. Hardcap Champion System so not everyone can be max at everything
    4. Get rid of stupid AoE caps
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)arenas duels
    2) remove agony and replace with something worth while
    3)new trials and vet dungeons
    4) guild bank tabs and better guild functions in general
    5)stop nefing endgame PVE
    6) scale old trials and dsa while we wait for new content
    7)housing or guild lodgings
    8) new group content like a progresion raid
    9)option to have guild emblems and place it on shields withthe new sheild dye system
    10)spell crafting
    11) part 2 of the justice system
    12) dark brotherhood
    13) thieves guild
    14) a total rework of vampire and ww as they still seem rushed
  • Crabby654
    Crabby654
    ✭✭
    My biggest pet peeve is the characters spine. It feels like when I run there is a metal rod shooting up my butt to my neck. I would love there to be more back movement that seems more natural while running.

I still feel like certain textures and animations across the board need to be updated with more movement points.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swannkyy wrote: »
    1. Arenas/Battlegrounds/Dueling
    2. Bring back some form of softcaps
    3. Hardcap Champion System so not everyone can be max at everything
    4. Get rid of stupid AoE caps

Pretty much the same, and ...
    • Fix Mist Form
    • Nerf Wrecking Blow
    • Give DK's a Stamina morph lava whip
    • Buff Templar's Blazing Shield/Radiant Ward absorb in PvP
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Suicidal_Godot
    ...low latency, no hiccups...
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?

1HWQIPa.gif
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.Loading screens
    2. Lag in pvp
    3. Exploits
    4. No more nerfing dungeons
    5. Bring back trials (scale to vr 16)
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is your dream of ESO becoming?

What do you want fixed?

What do you want added?

What do you want changed?

I want more accountwide stuff, so sad to start a new character with 0 achievements, and some of the achievements takes weeks to complete just one. Also its easier to link achievement with an alt to prove you have done the dung. Ofc the achievement could have the character name on them so you can see what character you have done it with.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix Argonian racial passives. Make them reflect their role as guerrilla warriors. The passives now are horrendous.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Top 3 in my head are..

2) Innovation on Adventure Zones like Exploration (Massive zone, where is fog, thats why you can see far, monsters move around alot, so you pump into them quite frequently.) Sea-combat Adventure Zone. Some Dynamic zone with Rift's kind of Rifts could be fun.
    3) More Weapon Skill Trees, like whips, two-hand and single hand flails, two-hand and single hand spears, single-handed style, long spears (Long reach but not able to block or unusable at close range) crossbows, hand-crossbow.

i think if cyrodiil becomes a stand alone game it will die of pretty fast.
    the playerbase that plays ESO just for the pvp might not be as big as you think and you will lose a big group of players like myself that wanna play both pvp and pve. and i know i wouldn't come to a standalone game.
    so it will probably die out pretty fast
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    Sausage wrote: »
    Top 3 in my head are..

i think if cyrodiil becomes a stand alone game it will die of pretty fast.
    the playerbase that plays ESO just for the pvp might not be as big as you think and you will lose a big group of players like myself that wanna play both pvp and pve. and i know i wouldn't come to a standalone game.
    so it will probably die out pretty fast

F2P needs to happen eventually, why to give whole game for free? When you can lure them in with PVP. Also I compare Cyrodil to Planetside 2, if Planetside 2 is alive even after 2-3 year, why Cyrodil cant do the same? The fact is, that theres tons of F2P mass-PVP lovers out there. I think F2P Cyrodil stand-alone is master piece idea. Sure it takes lots of work to increase the quality of Cyrodil but its definitely doable.
    Edited by Sausage on November 1, 2015 4:14PM
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    In no particular order:
    • Do away with Vet ranks. Open all areas to players once they hit 50, so they can explore them at their discretion.
    • Delivering on the improved NPC animations (including body and facial language) that were shown at QuakeCon 2014. Throw in some improved voice acting too. Too many NPCs are emotionless wooden spoons.
    • Thin out the mobs (cut pops in half maybe) to make the world feel bigger and make exploration feel more, well, explorative. Currently everything is jammed so tightly together it hardly feels like anything is remote, and makes the world feel smaller.
    • Add in housing, perhaps phased houses located in cities much like Black Desert's system.
    • Horse racing.
    • Greatly improved performance - perhaps a new engine for this. Got a feeling the current engine is the root of a lot of the performance issues.

• And finally one I'd love, but it'll never happen in a million years - open world PVP in all zones post-50.

I like this list a lot. I would like to add one thing.

Better mob AI.

It's almost 2016, and this MMO is based on TES, the games that had mobs that practically had LIVES, for almost 15 years!

Can we get some damn mobs that do more than just stand around waiting to be killed? Pretend fighting with other mobs doesn't count. Storm a town! Raid a mine! Kill livestock! Do Something!!!
    Edited by Stikato on November 1, 2015 6:20PM
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have time to mention a few things right now, but it's a start... [see many of these ideas as they might look together in a fun day of gaming]

Special Addition: Comprehensive blog post on Craglorn, the Champion System, Undaunted Dailies, Crafting, and more.

New immersive systems, mechanics, content
    New general mechanics for more design options
    Armor, weapons, crafting, and outfit ideas
    Race, Class, and Skill Line Additions/Changes
    Improving Alliance War Zones and PvP mechanics
    Improving/building on base game PvE zones
    Miscellaneous In-Game
    Community/Forums Maybe more later.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 27, 2017 11:28PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    In no particular order:
    • Horse racing.

Better mob AI.

It's almost 2016, and this MMO is based on TES, the games that had mobs that practically had LIVES, for almost 15 years!

Can we get some damn mobs that do more than just stand around waiting to be killed? Pretend fighting with other mobs doesn't count. Storm a town! Raid a mine! Kill livestock! Do Something!!!

Definitely better mob AI. Can't believe I forgot that one :D
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    In no particular order:
    • Horse racing.

Better mob AI.

Definitely better mob AI. Can't believe I forgot that one :D

I am pretty happy with eso but I would not complain if these updates were made. My gripes are guild traders and number of guilds you can join. Guess I'm old school. I can complain about that all day but it wouldn't stop me from playing eso, or cause me to cancel my sub.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on November 2, 2015 6:23AM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Remove Champion System and Veteran Ranks. Make everyone level 50. Remove Cadwell Silver/Gold and the whole concept of questing for another Alliance. Strengthen faction identity. An AD character entering Stonefalls, for example, should be considered a hostile act and the town guards should respond accordingly. Allow for opt-in PVP (i.e. flagging yourself) for players who wish to defend their homeland.

2. Get rid of gear stats in PVP. Make your stats be based around your "spec" (your 6 slotted abilities + weapon type). Balance classes and abilities around this much simpler system. Tightly control time-to-kill by both limiting burst damage AND mitigation/healing (with larger health pools instead) thereby ensuring a 1v1 lasts more than 10 seconds without potentially becoming endless.

3. In PVE, get rid of 5-piece set bonuses. Repurpose some of the more interesting bonuses to show up as an effect on a single piece of gear. Limit this to helms, necklaces (jewelcrafting), and weapons only, thereby allowing up to three bonuses on character at once. Implement the tried-and-true Diablo style loot system. Something drops, equip it right away, become more powerful, rinse and repeat. Ideally you would want to see a new upgrade drop a couple times per week of normal play (2-3 hours per day).

4. Make a separate resource for dodge/block/breakfree/bash/sprint/sneak. Equalize the damage, cost, and regeneration rate between Stamina abilities and Magicka abilities. Give more abilities cast times and, most importantly, only allow damage to actually go through at the END of the cast time. If you cancel out of a cast time (aka the animation) it should also cancel that damage.

5. Introduce dungeon "seasons" whereby the Normal Mode gear of the current season is almost as good as the Veteran Mode gear of the previous season. These seasons can be three months long. This would provide a natural catch-up mechanic for new players. Dungeon bosses would become more difficult each season, but there would be other catch-up gear (equivalent to last season's Normal mode) available outside of dungeons (world drops, crafted).

Anyways, these are just some of the ideas I think would strengthen the long-term health of the game. I don't expect any of these things to ever come to pass in THIS GAME necessarily... it's really more just a general list of good game design practices we should expect from future MMOs if they expect to retain and grow their playerbase.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭
    I want a class change option, and an option to marry Captain Rana i cant live without her
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Remove Champion System and Veteran Ranks. Make everyone level 50. Remove Cadwell Silver/Gold and the whole concept of questing for another Alliance. Strengthen faction identity. An AD character entering Stonefalls, for example, should be considered a hostile act and the town guards should respond accordingly. Allow for opt-in PVP (i.e. flagging yourself) for players who wish to defend their homeland.

2. Get rid of gear stats in PVP. Make your stats be based around your "spec" (your 6 slotted abilities + weapon type). Balance classes and abilities around this much simpler system. Tightly control time-to-kill by both limiting burst damage AND mitigation/healing (with larger health pools instead) thereby ensuring a 1v1 lasts more than 10 seconds without potentially becoming endless.

3. In PVE, get rid of 5-piece set bonuses. Repurpose some of the more interesting bonuses to show up as an effect on a single piece of gear. Limit this to helms, necklaces (jewelcrafting), and weapons only, thereby allowing up to three bonuses on character at once. Implement the tried-and-true Diablo style loot system. Something drops, equip it right away, become more powerful, rinse and repeat. Ideally you would want to see a new upgrade drop a couple times per week of normal play (2-3 hours per day).

4. Make a separate resource for dodge/block/breakfree/bash/sprint/sneak. Equalize the damage, cost, and regeneration rate between Stamina abilities and Magicka abilities. Give more abilities cast times and, most importantly, only allow damage to actually go through at the END of the cast time. If you cancel out of a cast time (aka the animation) it should also cancel that damage.

5. Introduce dungeon "seasons" whereby the Normal Mode gear of the current season is almost as good as the Veteran Mode gear of the previous season. These seasons can be three months long. This would provide a natural catch-up mechanic for new players. Dungeon bosses would become more difficult each season, but there would be other catch-up gear (equivalent to last season's Normal mode) available outside of dungeons (world drops, crafted).

Anyways, these are just some of the ideas I think would strengthen the long-term health of the game. I don't expect any of these things to ever come to pass in THIS GAME necessarily... it's really more just a general list of good game design practices we should expect from future MMOs if they expect to retain and grow their playerbase.

I don't always agree with you, but when I do you've said stuff that's spot on. :-)

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    Remove Bind on Equip

Remove Veteran Ranks

Rename, barbershop and face lifts

Execute for mag DK's

Still would prefer an auction house or something better than what we have
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    1)arenas duels
    2) remove agony and replace with something worth while
    3)new trials and vet dungeons
    4) guild bank tabs and better guild functions in general
    5)stop nefing endgame PVE
    6) scale old trials and dsa while we wait for new content
    7)housing or guild lodgings
    8) new group content like a progresion raid
    9)option to have guild emblems and place it on shields withthe new sheild dye system
    10)spell crafting
    11) part 2 of the justice system
    12) dark brotherhood
    13) thieves guild
    14) a total rework of vampire and ww as they still seem rushed

Very nice. Abit too ambitious but .. very nice