The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

QoL: Saveable specs

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I think I put this idea in a comment somewhere long ago, long but was thinking about making a Quality of Life blog post and it came back to me.

Rather than using adds-ons, which consoles lack anyway, create saveable specs.

Each slot has a particular gear configuration, skill bar configuration, attribute configuration, and champion point configuration.

So, you are a click away from PvP tank, PvE tank, or PvE healer. With three slots, you can practice different builds and jump into chances to do varied content faster. If you want to modify a spec, you still have to go to the shrines like always.

So if you get bored with being a PvE healer and want to change that slot to a PvE DPS then hit a capital city and pay up, grind/craft new gear, and test out a new skill bar configuration. Give players more flexibility to try different things and take advantage of opportunities that arise, rather than "Wait let me go change X, Y, Z at the shrine" or "Hold on while I swap characters".

Sure, if you *want* to swap because another character needs xp, an achievement, or you are just bored with the one you are on, go ahead. And this addition to the game can encourage more experimentation with builds since you can always swap quickly back to one you know and like.

Let's make things smoother for everyone, especially those on Playstation and Xbox.
Edited by tinythinker on November 17, 2017 2:17AM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is one reason why I do pvp for months then pve I just hate the switching. If I could save a spec it would be pve in the mornings pvp at night.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you were only able to do it outside of cyro, sure, sounds good to me. Im all for in game QoL improvements.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is a one toon players hope it's annoying and expensive to swap between pvp and pve which is why I've done little pve :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Yes this is a one toon players hope it's annoying and expensive to swap between pvp and pve which is why I've done little pve :|

:/
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    If you were only able to do it outside of cyro, sure, sounds good to me. Im all for in game QoL improvements.

Would having to be at your base make a difference?

• umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know talking about other games is frowned upon, but you should check out the system Funcom used in tsw/swl. Players can save builds and in swl players can reallocate their output on a percentage base to survivability, healing and damage. So, players can switch at their leisure and customize their builds precisely. https://secretworldlegends.com/news/introducing-anima-allocation/