The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should frenzy spell be in ESO?

Sadishist
Sadishist
✭✭
Frenzy spell has been a staple in TES series, turning an enemy temporarily to fight the other enemies. Would it work in ESO?
Edited by Sadishist on August 9, 2015 3:31AM
Xbox One - NA
Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC

Should frenzy spell be in ESO? 20 votes

Yes, they worked great in other TES games
80%
Storm_knight22JD2013The_SpAwNYakidafiGregmousekime111rwb17_ESOelias.stormneb18_ESOahstin2001nub18_ESOAFrostWolfalkodavNovaMarxmitpeSrebiTBloodgharmSadishistSpearshardcorwinDA 16 votes
No, they won't work in an MMO game
20%
GreatswordSkiseronyMilktrayKeep_Door 4 votes
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it was slated to be added with spellcrafting.
    I want spell crafting.
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    I think frenzy would go great as a tank slot especially with a morph that instead of making the aggro completely random it's either the caster or other mobs.
  • corwinDA
    corwinDA
    I voted yes but on the pvp side we would have to look at how to play it. If it was just another NB'S fear but with a forced light attack during its duration then I could see people not bashing it so hard for a nerf hammer. Also, it would be who to give it too as most classes would love to have it. My friends who play sorcerer and DK all wish they had my NB'S fear.
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭

Slated to be added in a future patch?
    Xbox One - NA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this would be awesom if they implemented it in th mages skill Tree.Then everyone would have a global fear skill like the night bladeand it would go through block and you would run around the a headless chicken fo 5 seconds.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE, sure, no problem. But what sort of effect would it have in PvP? You can't force actual thinking humans to attack their own team, just like you can't pull aggro on other players.
  • Greatsword
    Greatsword
    ✭✭✭
    No, they won't work in an MMO game
    Sadishist wrote: »

Slated to be added in a future patch?

Nobody knows. Last time I heard it officially mentioned was QuakeCon 2014... they probably don't have any plans for spellcrafting anymore.
    hi
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    In PvE, sure, no problem. But what sort of effect would it have in PvP? You can't force actual thinking humans to attack their own team, just like you can't pull aggro on other players.

When ESO first came out, there were NPCs that players can hire as guards during PVP, but it was removed.
    Edited by Sadishist on August 9, 2015 12:23PM
    Xbox One - NA
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When ESO first came out, there were NPCs that players can hire as guards during PVP, but it was removed.

Alright? If it was removed from the game, what impact does it have on a potential future implementation?
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If used in PvP it should make your character "rogue" for a few seconds, meaning you have no control over them - so they just run around hitting/shooting randomly, hitting both enemies and allies in the way. Just a thought :blush:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, have enemy NPC soldiers see players of that faction as the enemy. Cast it on a group of three guards at an AD keep, for example, and suddenly AD players register as hostile targets. It isn't that it wouldn't work, but that it would be unbalanced because groups would be spamming it if they could keep the guards hostile all of the time. It would have to last only a very short time (10 seconds or so) and have a big cool down or long NPC immunity to be viable.
    Edited by tinythinker on August 9, 2015 1:34PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    misclick/deleted.

Edited by tinythinker on August 9, 2015 1:34PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »

If used in PvP it should make your character "rogue" for a few seconds, meaning you have no control over them - so they just run around hitting/shooting randomly, hitting both enemies and allies in the way. Just a thought :blush:

That is an epic idea.
    Xbox One - NA