The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When you say "fix" cyrodill what do you mean exactly?

jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please be specific. What in your opinion would fix cyrodill?
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new lead combat designer.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

Haha well I mean more cyrodill specific but I know what you mean.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like, somebody who doesn't think shield stacking is the pinnacle of the PvP experience?
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix the server and no one would care about anything anymore
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes we need a combat designer who PvP and know what kind of issues we have. This is for the balancing but still the biggest issue that we have is the performance. FIx FPS drop and lag, that s what I mean.
    Because I can!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The freaking lag so we could actually play when everyone is on, and not have to wait until night time when it's empty and there's no one to fight
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO it's all working as intended. Open world PvP zone with no rules regarding how you should group or fight.

The only thing which I feel is broken regarding Cyrodiil specifically is the lag, and that's something most games suffer with. Just going to take some time to see when/how they can address that.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few thing to start with...
    • New objectives (like moving flags) and espionage and capture mechanics to give players more to do and spread players out (less lag).
    • New ways of calculating variables in Cyrodiil (less lag).
    • New skill lines, objectives, and capture/domination mechanics to create more diverse game play (and reduce lag).
    • Invert the AoE caps in Cyrodiil to make AoE be weaker against small groups and stronger against larger groups (and reduce lag).
    • New AvA achievements to add new carrots for long time players.
      New achievements from a list I started back in September of 2014, another smaller set from last month, and a few new to this comment...

Righteous Vengeance - Score 50 Revenge kills in the Alliance War
      Deadly Avenger - Score 50 Avenge kills in the Alliance War

Unending Retribution - Score 100 Revenge kill in the Alliance War [new]
      Dedicated Vigilante - Score 100 Avenge kills in the Alliance War [new]

Exalted Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Dragonknights
      Exalted Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Sorcerers
      Exalted Templar Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Templars
      Exalted Nightblade Slayer - Kill 250 enemy Nightblades

Illustrious Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Dragonknights [new]
      Illustrious Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Sorcerers [new]
      Illustrious Templar Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Templars [new]
      Illustrious Nightblade Slayer - Kill 500 enemy Nightblades [new]

Supreme Dragonknight Slayer - Kill 1000 enemy Dragonknights
      Supreme Sorcerer Slayer - Kill 1000 enemy Sorcerers
      Supreme Templar Slayer - Kill 1000 enemy Templars
      Supreme Nightblade Slayer - Kill 1000 enemy Nightblades

Ravager - Score 5 enemy kills in a minute
      Decimator - Score 10 enemy kills in a minute
      Devastator - Score 15 enemy kills in a minute
      Annihilator - Score 20 enemy kills in a minute

King Maker - Help capture every ring keep on the day your Alliance crowns a new Emperor.
      Defender of the Crown - Help successfully defend the last ring keep when your Alliance has Emperor.

Alliance Defender - Defend every home keep in your Alliance's starting territory once.
      Cyrodiil Defender - Defend every keep in Cyrodiil once.

Alliance Conqueror - Capture every home keep in the other Alliances' starting territories once.
      Cyrodiil Conqueror - Capture every keep in Cyrodiil once.

Resource Management - Defend every resource in your Alliance's starting territory once.
      Extended Supply Chain - Defend every resource in Cyrodiil once.

Resource Procurement - Capture every resource in the other Alliances' starting territories once.
      Outsourcing - Capture every resource in Cyrodiil once.

Ten in Five - Defeat 5 enemy players from each rival alliance in 5 minutes
      Twenty in Ten - Defeat 10 enemy players from each rival alliance in 10 minutes

Scroll Thief - Steal a scroll from an enemy keep.
      Scroll Keeper - Place an enemy scroll at a keep controlled by your Alliance.

Buff This - Kill a player while wearing no armor.
      Killing Streaker - Kill 10 players while wearing no armor.
      Naked Ambition - Kill 50 players while wearing no armor.

With Your Bare Hands - Strike a killing blow with no weapon equipped.
      Pernicious Pugilist - Strike 5 killing blows with no weapon equipped.
      Unarmed and Extremely Dangerous - Strike 20 killing blows with no weapon equipped.

All except those marked as new from are from these threads/comments:
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/131606/small-ish-item-alliance-war-wish-list-for-future-updates
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/243683/naked-and-unarmed-achievements
    • Make changes to encourage Alliance and Alliance Campaign pride.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the lag
    Beta tester November 2013
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit being a Patsy OP and go to Cyrodiil, get into a battle and see what everyone means. For over a year this has been Cyrodiil.

But because you're too good to bother seeing it yourself: Latency and Lag kill the gameplay and this issues carries over into parts of the PvE world as well.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rework the anti-botting code so that the game doesn't lag all the time.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    bug fixes (even the basic combat is bugged, look at all the "cant break free from this or that")
    ic improvements so people want to go back in there.
    lag fixes.
    actual balance that doesnt involve only 1 type of build + making abilities 1 shot people.

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hire Tony Stark
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anti-botting code messed up cyrodiil
    lighting patch messed up cyrodiil
    ^both made big lag in fights. rework or remove these like forrealllllll

balancing classes would be nice, in the TG patch magicka got a HUUUUUUUUUGE buff where as they did nothing with stam and acknowledged it saying they will deal with it in DB... yay 4 months of nothing

last thing would be AOE caps.. they need to be raised from 6 or removed.. i doubt they will be removed but they need to be raised to at least 10
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call, I forgot all about the Lighting Patch.

Agreed, fix it! =)
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

balancing classes would be nice, in the TG patch magicka got a HUUUUUUUUUGE buff where as they did nothing with stam and acknowledged it saying they will deal with it in DB... yay 4 months of nothing

last thing would be AOE caps.. they need to be raised from 6 or removed.. i doubt they will be removed but they need to be raised to at least 10

Would you settle for 8?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need a poll. Only answer is get rid of lag.
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a cannon that shoots cheer leaders
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of stealth and shield spells.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    We need a cannon that shoots cheer leaders

We'll need some new emotes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sbqto0taZM

Or did you mean something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fo5Y5S1BO8

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply mean... put in way shrines for me... I don't see any.

http://i.imgur.com/t2r4RJ7.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ndDPyaR.png

650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the lag. I was out yesterday during prime time (around 9pm eastern) and I couldnt really do anything. My latency was anywhere from 250-600ms. as soon as I zoned out of cyrodill everything returned to normal.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lag + loading screens. then it's perfect.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THE LAG FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything else is second.... This has been an issue since release!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lag is the biggest problem. It even happens in PvE areas, occasionally to the point of being unplayable. The vast majority of the time in PvE I get at least 60 FPS, but it can drop to the teens, even when I appear to be alone with the mobs, getting me killed when I am pushing keys 3 seconds or more behind what is actually happening. It's bad to die in either PvP or PvE because of something like that.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, lag is the biggest problem. It even happens in PvE areas, occasionally to the point of being unplayable. The vast majority of the time in PvE I get at least 60 FPS, but it can drop to the teens, even when I appear to be alone with the mobs, getting me killed when I am pushing keys 3 seconds or more behind what is actually happening. It's bad to die in either PvP or PvE because of something like that.

See now my FPS was normal but my latency was so bad I had to leave. I normally am not out there during the prime hours so I never really noticed how bad the latency gets.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Need a poll. Only answer is get rid of lag.

I think we need more cowbell.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you see this? This is what needs fixing. Except for that killer groove in the background music. That can stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdMvMDYLd8A

If anyone wants to pettyfog and say that is an old lag vid, it is, but its my favorite. :smile: There is a newer lag video posted by @Xsorus from this patch posted by that you can watch if you think it has gotten any better.

Inb4 this thread gets censored and hidden in the alliance war section so that new players that are interested in both pve and pvp wont get to see it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you see this? This is what needs fixing. Except for that killer groove in the background music. That can stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdMvMDYLd8A

If anyone wants to pettyfog and say that is an old lag vid, it is, but its my favorite. :smile: There is a newer lag video posted by @Xsorus from this patch posted by that you can watch if you think it has gotten any better.

Inb4 this thread gets censored and hidden in the alliance war section so that new players that are interested in both pve and pvp wont get to see it.

To be fair that was before VD was more common...but yea Lag is still present..