The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The ESO Dream...

• Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    This is what i dream for ESO:

- totally take away the level system
    - totally take away classes
    - bring back the free (and absolutly awesome) skill progression system we had in other Elder Scroll games
    - FREE WORLD, no more silver or gold stuff... with no "level restriction" the whole woeld should have the same balance and be totally open
    - an arena like the one in Oblivion.. just PvP based (but with a PvE questline too xD)
    - thief guild mechanic all over tamriel
    - PvP contracts to kill other players if they commit a crime if i'm part of the dark brotherhood
    - no more "bind on pickup" equip... let me trade rng equips i get from dailies in wrotghar and such :P
    Edited by Svalinn on April 28, 2016 3:13PM
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft caps
    Dynamic Ult
    Blinding Flashes
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought this was about an ESO dream I had where I was hastily crafting armor in my bedroom at an ESO style station while a horde of goblins was coming down the street towards me. B)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Holy *** this post... You could make a fortune with these but you giving them for free??
    Funny :tongue: , but there are no buyers. Plenty of armchair developers on the forums have more/better idea but they aren't getting rich either :lol:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    In no particular order:
    • Do away with Vet ranks. Open all areas to players once they hit 50, so they can explore them at their discretion.
    • Delivering on the improved NPC animations (including body and facial language) that were shown at QuakeCon 2014.
    *snip*
    • Add in housing, perhaps phased houses located in cities much like Black Desert's system.
    • Add in naval combat and piracy.
    • Barbershop, including sliders for body and face changes.
    • Ability to dye costumes.
    • Ability to create costumes.
    • Mini games. Dice games, card games.
    • Horse racing.
    • Greatly improved performance - perhaps a new engine for this. Got a feeling the current engine is the root of a lot of the performance issues.

Xabien has a really good list here that I'm just gonna build on. The above plus the following:
    • Add proper level scaling (down or up) so players can play with players of other levels in any zone they choose, like in Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, etc. Perhaps continue to lock materials to zone instead of battle leveling them for those areas so that high level crafters can still get lower level mats.
    • Make spellcrafting a reality, delivering on the protoype shown at QuakeCon 2014.
    • Move quest costumes/ clothing out of the inventory and into collections.
    • Add a proper dueling system with restrictions to prevent dueling in cities and a opt in/opt out setting to auto-decline duel requests for those who want it or those taking a break from dueling.
    • Add ability for players to contract with the Dark Brotherhood to place a 'hit' on another player. A third player can collect the bounty paid out in gold by killing the target. Bounties can only be placed on players of the enemy faction and can only be carried out/ claimed in Cyrodiil. A clever way of making things more interesting for an emperor/ ganker/ your nemesis by putting a literal price on their head. Gives some meaning to the Dark Brotherhood and creates a unique gameplay system in the process.
    • Housing fully realized in Elder Scrolls style with the ability to theme your house by selecting different decor/ location, functional mannequins, functional weapon racks, functional display cases, and a guesting system that allows you to invite friends into your home. Perhaps even bookshelves that allow me to select a preferred book from Eidetic Memory to be housed within.
    • Veteran dungeon versions of the remaining original dungeons:
      • Arx Corinium
      • Direfrost Keep
      • Tempest Island
      • Volenfell
      • Selene's Web
      • Blackheart Haven
      • Blessed Crucible
      • Vaults of Madness
    • Add scaling to Craglorn. This may go without saying given the first point on my list, but I'll say it anyway. Scale Craglorn up and add better rewards to the dailies, perhaps the Yokudan motif much in the way Malacath, Trinimac, Thieves Guild motifs operate in their respective zones. Lastly, remove the "hard cap" mechanics requiring four warm bodies to complete a quest. I am all for group content, but let it be in the vein of Shada, where the need for four players comes from the fight itself and the presence of spaced-out hard-hitting adds that must be interrupted rather than from a literal need for four people to stand on plates or carry essences in order to open a door. Let the difficulty and not the quest objectives determine the player need.
    • Add a new adventure zone (Murkmire from QuakeCon 2014). I really do enjoy Craglorn. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I feel it fills a need for people who do like playing almost exclusively grouped with friends and want to quest together. I think the above changes to Craglorn and hopefully any future adventure zones would go a long way towards making them more appealing generally. I hope the tepid interest in Craglorn currently does not dissuade ZOS from making any future adventure zones. The balance of releasing multiple (2-3) solo-leveling zones (Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast), 1 PvP zone (IC), and 1 adventure zone seems a good one to me, addressing the entire userbase and giving the majority (solo PvErs) more material to chew on while still giving PvPers and group PvErs somewhere to progress.
    • Add new active abilities to current passive guild skill lines (Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, possibly Legerdemain) as well as weapon skill line Ultimate abilities (as hinted at on ESOLive)
    • Add more mannerisms, especially for your less classic archetypes. I love the direction taken with adding a new means of changing your character's emotes, gait, and stance. How about, a hunched shuffle with a cane for our older characters? Or hobbling about on a pegleg?

And I know it won't happen but one can dream...
    • Add justice system PvP and player guards
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    In no particular order:
    • Do away with Vet ranks. Open all areas to players once they hit 50, so they can explore them at their discretion.
    • Delivering on the improved NPC animations (including body and facial language) that were shown at QuakeCon 2014. Throw in some improved voice acting too. Too many NPCs are emotionless wooden spoons.
    • Thin out the mobs (cut pops in half maybe) to make the world feel bigger and make exploration feel more, well, explorative. Currently everything is jammed so tightly together it hardly feels like anything is remote, and makes the world feel smaller.
    • Add in housing, perhaps phased houses located in cities much like Black Desert's system.
    • Add in naval combat and piracy.
    • Barbershop, including sliders for body and face changes.
    • Ability to dye costumes.
    • Ability to create costumes.
    • Mini games. Dice games, card games.
    • Horse racing.
    • Greatly improved performance - perhaps a new engine for this. Got a feeling the current engine is the root of a lot of the performance issues.

• And finally one I'd love, but it'll never happen in a million years - open world PVP in all zones post-50.

I loved your ideas until I got to the last one.

And then I REALLY loved your ideas.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Soft caps come back
    2. More life skills like mount breeding etc
    3. Justice system
    4. Arena's where players can watch other players fight
    5. Spellcrafting!!
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. PVP without lag and fps drops during prime time.
    2. see 1.
    3. see 1 and 2.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer