Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Mudcrab Mode

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
An idea to revitalize PvP...

Mudcrab vs. Mudcrab Mode (1v1, 3v3, etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lr_UBHVgmo
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this

Mudcrab Mode 120 votes

Yes!
28%
DaveMoeDeetspecherb14_ESOslickctb16_ESOquadraxis666LordTareqBrother_NumsieZunaRoathsrfrogg23HidesFromSuntinythinkerCathexisZenzukiRebornV3xKr3doSasykFischblutKuramas9tailsChickenSuckerKitty_Quietlykarthrag_inak 34 votes
No!
8%
ItsMeTooAcrolasEnemy-of-ColdharbourLucyferLightbringerShadow_AkulaDracan_FontomKawallcrazy_catman21Solosus66Munkfist 10 votes
chik chik chik screeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh *snap* *snap* *snap*
46%
ssewallb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeMaerdiathArwyrVandrilWeerW3irArwinLliliumEirellaLarianasunshineflameOberon45TruthsnarkAsmaelMannix1958TravestynoxAshaerienLadyNalcaryaSpiderKnightNeoealth 56 votes
I'm gonna need more butter
16%
Conduit0delta_mysticCastanamereG1CountdownMerlightTequilaFireDurzoBlint13SilentRaven1972DBZVelenamax_onlyxylena_lazarowFakeFoxHippie4927JamdariusRPGplayer13579Daedric_NB_187ItaciraSylvermynxccmedaddyxandervalo 20 votes
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fight as Mudcrabs?

Actually surprised they never thought of that.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Fight as Mudcrabs?

Actually surprised they never thought of that.

No joke I would log in to ESO just for this even if the rest of the game became total irredeemable garbage

2bjn9t.jpg
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    *you cannot fast travel when enemies are nearby*
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    *you cannot fast travel when enemies are nearby*

I agree, it would also be great for Battle Royal mode

• Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    As a former Mudcrab, I cannot in good conscience condone Mudcrab on Mudcrab violence. Save that for the netches and hoarkers.
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    The Devoted Torchbugs
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate Guildhall - Feel free to use!
    If your guild needs a crafthall, please feel free to reach out!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Munkfist wrote: »
    As a former Mudcrab, I cannot in good conscience condone Mudcrab on Mudcrab violence. Save that for the netches and hoarkers.

First introduced: mudcrabs
    Next chapter: hoarkers
    Next next chapter: netches
    Next next next chapter: wamasu
    Next next next next chapter: bantam guar
    Next next next next next chapter: skeevers
    Next next next next next next chapter: thunderbugs
    Next next next next next next next chapter: argonian eggs

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I enjoy pet battles.

Probably because I like pets.

I realised I was more upset when one of my pets died, during pet battles in WoW, than if I (my character) did in PVP. :lol:

But, if people want them (and it means more pets, in general), I'm fine with it.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    For those not immediately appreciating this idea:
    • simpler character models with less customization for reduced load
    • fewer/simpler abilities for reduced server load and better balance
    • more geared at just having fun so less emphasis on balance
    • "gateway drug" to other PvP modes
    • plus, i mean, PLAYING AS A BADASS MUCRAB

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I realised I was more upset when one of my pets died, during pet battles in WoW, than if I (my character) did in PVP. :lol:

But, if people want them (and it means more pets, in general), I'm fine with it.

Not pet battles. YOU are the mudcrab

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not sure I'm capable of that level of immersion?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But, yeah, I get what you're saying.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

Not sure I'm capable of that level of immersion?

No immersion, only fight...

Edited by tinythinker on June 23, 2019 5:49PM

• Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only possible way they can introduce battle royale to ESO without getting in the way of lore.

YES. Instead of a wall of fire, they are orc chefs, which wanna cook them.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea reminds me of TERA's Kumas Royale Battleground, which is hysterically charming and was some of the most fun PvPing I'd had in ages back when I last played it. You play as a bunch of baby giant monsters in diapers in their playpen, and its novelty is just through the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZ655sKe7I

If ZOS could come up with a way to make a mudcrab version of this, I'd be all-in.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Vandril wrote: »
    The idea reminds me of TERA's Kumas Royale Battleground, which is hysterically charming and was some of the most fun PvPing I'd had in ages back when I last played it. You play as a bunch of baby giant monsters in diapers in their playpen, and its novelty is just through the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZ655sKe7I

If ZOS could come up with a way to make a mudcrab version of this, I'd be all-in.

Ooooooh nice, only with teams of mudcrabs each trying to kill... something bigger

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made me hungry. :D
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Made me hungry. :D

Hungry for PvP!!! :yum:

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello.
    I ran into a couple of mudcrabs not long ago, annoying little creatures.

Goodbye.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not pvping period, so just give me more butter for those succulent little bites of crab.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the good old days of ESO launch

would-you-rather-fight-std-crabs-or-real-crabs_o_7152857.jpg
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Let the sun shine throigh you! Face me as another form!"

Cute and fun as it sounds, this reminds me of all the times you change form in GW2. Your abilities are always pure crap, plus slow and kludgy to execute. Your best bet to complete events or hearts was to cheese as much as possible in your normal form before the game forced a transformation.

Then again, PvP might be a little better. At least your playing field will be equally badly off. In PvE, changing form sounds like a lot more fun than it is.

*shrug* If ZOS did this, I might try it. Who knows?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lmao im down
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy-Baked-Snow-Crab-4.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    lmao im down

*snap* *snap*

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are amphibious. Immersion is not a problem.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one got my oblivion reference 😛

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

I never knew I wanted this so badly!!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    LordTareq wrote: »

I never knew I wanted this so badly!!

*snap* *snap* !!!

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to sneak in battle royale mode into eso through a mud crab shell?

Notice in Tera how all skills are disabled except for the special set needed in the arena.

It’s one way to balance pvp, make everyone exactly the same.

I don’t think the combat team would hide all the work they’ve done. They’re very proud of their pvp skills.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom