The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Altering the racial style of drop-only set items

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can it be done? And if not, would you like to have the option?

I haven't really gotten into making and modifying weapons and armor yet but this sounds like a fun idea.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials can change anything to imperial style, so yes it can be done... by some. I would like to see something like this implemented though, maybe when you hit 50 in a given craft you get a passive skill to change motifs.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    Imperials can change anything to imperial style, so yes it can be done... by some. I would like to see something like this implemented though, maybe when you hit 50 in a given craft you get a passive skill to change motifs.

Yeah, I figured from the pre-launch sales pitch it would be possible with Imperial for those who bought the special edition, but I didn't think it was currently a feature for something like Altmer or Argonian styles. If you wanted to do a single racial style for some or part of your outfit but wanted to use one or more drop-only set pieces, this would be a great thing to be able to do. Maybe make it hard to acquire somehow to limit availability.

Edited by tinythinker on August 7, 2014 10:54PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    From a lore point of view, I think motif style of fabrication is a choice that should not be changed. There needs to be consequences for choices, whether its player crafted or npc crafted.

Style is one of the choices you have to make when deciding if a dropped item is better than a player crafted item. Do the stats outweigh your sense of style? If so, then wear the mis-matched armor proudly.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on August 7, 2014 11:10PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a lore point of view, I think motif style of fabrication is a choice that should not be changed. There needs to be consequences for choices, whether its player crafted or npc crafted.

Style is one of the choices you have to make when deciding if a dropped item is better than a player crafted item. Do the stats outweigh your sense of style? If so, then wear the mis-matched armor proudly.

How does this tie in to lore at all? It irks me when people throw the L-word around to support their argument when it has nothing to do with lore. Show me an in-game book that lays out any kind of rules for motifs/crafting. The only one that I can think of is that Daedric armor can only be crafted by combining a Daedric heart with EBONY armor (and only under a certain moon). All game break with that bit of lore for obvious reasons! :smiley:

I don't completely disagree with your point in the second paragraph, but it has nothing to do with lore.

Edited by aipex8_ESO on August 7, 2014 11:17PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think this works for dropped sets. Something generic like "Ebonthread Jerkin of Stamina"? Go ahead and convert that. But I don't think "Cowl of the Warlock" or "Gauntlets of the Knightmare" or other items with special names can be converted to Imperial. Have not tried it myself but I think I have heard complaints about the limits of the Convert To Imperial function.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I don't think this works for dropped sets. Something generic like "Ebonthread Jerkin of Stamina"? Go ahead and convert that. But I don't think "Cowl of the Warlock" or "Gauntlets of the Knightmare" or other items with special names can be converted to Imperial. Have not tried it myself but I think I have heard complaints about the limits of the Convert To Imperial function.

Good to know. I don't have an Imperial character so I was just going by the description from ZOS.