Cheating and Exploits

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279026/people-glitching-sanctum-on-cp100/p7
    As you may have noticed, we have closed this thread.

Its closure was due to the discussion of cheats and exploits in the game.

This topic has an official channel in which to discuss this topic.

Please continue your conversation here.

what's the exact meaning of this? i don't consider this a statement regarding the discusion at all. can you, after like being asked 100 times, confirm if it is intended or a bug?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Got to hand it to ZOS. Take attention away from un-banning all those hackers by letting gap-close to keep walls exist. I find it highly unlikely that something so blatant is taking so long to fix. My conspiracy theory tin-foil hat QQ is that they want us to rage about this to make us forget all about those CE hackers who got unbanned. Discuss.

This entire stickied thread is designed to corral the malcontents in one spot.

Your tin-foil hat is fairly well tuned, but in my opinion misses one other possibility: that being that ZOS lacks the expertise and fortitude to fix either the exploits and use of CE; or invest the resources to police it in the absence of fixing it.

From launch 2 years ago and up until two weeks ago i played this game nearly every day. Since then i have moved onto other MMO's because the rampant cheating in Cryodiil has ruined the experience. I keep checking back to the forums hoping to see progress on this matter with disappointing results.

The saddest part of this is that ESO appears to be developing a reputation amongst gaming consumers as a haven for cheaters. Several of the people i have chatted with [in this other MMO] ask about cheating when the subject comes around to other MMO's I have played and i tell them ESO

Cheating in games has been around a really long time. Other games have recovered from it, but they managed it much more aggressively then we are seeing here. Time will tell and I will keep checking back in hopes that the wizards managing this problem have changed their approach and in the meantime - i will enjoy an MMO with zero-tolerance for cheating. PvP is a lot more fun with a level playing field.
    Options
  • Primalsoul
    Primalsoul
    Soul Shriven
    As a new player to the game and on the forums, if cheating is allowed to exist, I will take my $15 sub elsewhere. I'd much rather play a game that I have a fighting chance since pvp is pretty much the only content that I will enjoy during the endgame.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know what else there is to say.... *sigh

ZOS has disappointed everyone with how they've handled Cheat Engine users, and their mismanaged efforts at dealing with gap closer "exploiting".

We are all angry about cheating, and people playing others games or MMOs are laughing at how ESO is handling it right now. It's straight up unreal how this whole situation has played out, and has been the final straw for tons of players. The respect our playerbase has for ZOS has dwindled significantly.

Silencing the forums did not help. It only showed how important the issue at hand was to the players and how Devs quickly pounced to hide it rather than fix it. Hear that? It didn't help. You made people angry, not forgetful.

I'm on console, but the pattern is crystal clear to me. Rather than stayig honest with the playerbase so you can work asap to fix problems, you hide everything you can and do as much damage-control as possible before slipping the next major issue onto your "To Do After Crown Store" list. Console performance is no different than cheating to ZOS. Fixing it won't directly make them money so it is unimportant.

They are too caught up in greed to see the bad reputation they have created and reinforce on a daily basis. No sane new player would consider starting ESO on console as of now. I've spoken to many new/returning players, and not a single one played nore than a few times because the game performed atrociously. It is literally that bad. I certainly don't blame them.

Prove you care by fixing 1-2 year long major issues, which have stayed untouched or made worse overtime. Take a firm, smart, and reasonable stance on cheating/exploits. Permaban every single account that abused Cheat Engine, instead of giving them an escape route via saying they're sorry -_- Very simple.

But you know how it goes.... tell us you care, then carry on. Who cares about respect when you can make some quick $$$?... Reputation and long term totally doesn't matter.... Smh
    Options
  • marco.cuevas.ventob14_ESO
    Been gone since August of last year. Just redownloaded ESO
    Number one reason I left last year was .....you guessed it CHEATING.

All in all I think I spent like 10 dollars on crowns.

Then I hear you guys UNBANNED all these ELITIST turds who begged to be let back in
    you guys think they are seriously not gonna cheat again?

Sorry but I will play but I will not be purchasing any DLC or SUB I will use up your server
    space without contributing to your expenses.

You guys wanna keep players around you need to get tough with these CHEATERS....
    really ridiculous....at this rate ESO won't be around for much longer.....you wanna know something
    yesterday at around 11pm I was showing my friend I was in the reach and He was asking me what 501 meant
    501, 501, 501 I told him that 501 was the max champ points...in all reach vendor area and around i was the lowest
    player with 16 champion points after running around the lowest I saw was 221 so guess what....where are the new players?

All you have are the WHALES laying around all over the place is that really how you want this game to be? Soon enough all these 501 players will get tired of each other and quit.....sad really sad ESO I am severely disappointed in Zenimax and you guys.

Options
  • Freymaker
    Freymaker
    Well I've only been playing for a few months and after I hit VR16 and the point system changed, I decided to try Cyrodiil. Never really been a fan of cheating but hey, I only play one character and not sure I can tell if people are cheating or not. I die a lot but my siege engines kill a lot too. I don't mind dying since it's so easy to respawn with no penalty really but my time in this game is limited anyway. I'll be leaving soon, actuall in: (https://countdown.nmsdb.info/) that much time! :wink:
    Options
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Freymaker wrote: »
    Well I've only been playing for a few months and after I hit VR16 and the point system changed, I decided to try Cyrodiil. Never really been a fan of cheating but hey, I only play one character and not sure I can tell if people are cheating or not. I die a lot but my siege engines kill a lot too. I don't mind dying since it's so easy to respawn with no penalty really but my time in this game is limited anyway. I'll be leaving soon, actuall in: (https://countdown.nmsdb.info/) that much time! :wink:

ESO and NMS are completely different genre. If you want to explore space there is always EVE. ESO is wonderful for fantasy were it not for the cheating. Exploits are aggravating, but the cheating is a deal breaker. You will recognize the cheating when an opposing player is CC'd and surrounded by DK's, Temp.s, and NB's and their health never drops. Or when s player is CC'd and surrounded and they just spam Vigor endlessly and their Stam never runs out. Or an opponent drops an ult like meteor on you every 4 seconds (or less). The variants of cheating provided through Cheat Engine are endless and the penalties for getting caught minimal. I saw this behavior every 10 minutes in Cryodiil, which is why I am no longer there.

Any game that one has to cheat to play... is not worth playing. I continue to hope that this gets sorted out, but given the silence and time that has passed I have lost faith. Small matter - ZOS won't miss the ~$400/year I used to spend here.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 10 mins screen shotting and reporting x3 500+ CP players exploiting into keeps. Screenshots, time and date, campaign everything.

I would rather ESO fix that mechanic, than squandering players time in policing there game. Since they refuse to fix the mechanic, left with reporting.

They still playing every night, i seen the same group since so i guess my time was utterly wasted in contacting 'support' (I use that term loosely as its the worst i have ever dealt with)
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Using Teleport Strike to bypass doors has been a confirmed exploit by ZOS for quite a while already. The health of a game does not solely depend on the developers, but about just as much on the players. A lot of these horrible exploiting/cheating issues would not exist if players weren't such terrible characters. Instead, ESO has a culture of exploiting and cheating that has been nurtured since release, both by ZOS and the players.

The problem with claiming teleport strike through a door is the same as intentionally getting in position to exploit onto walls is totally not correct.

Intent is the problem, and most teleport strikes near doors aren't to get in the door, it's totally not. It happens, and being you have no idea when the other player is clicking is purely random and mostly accidental.

If you are intentionally using a teleport strike ability to get through a door, your success rate is 100% predicated on things you can't control and don't know. It doesn't really work well....

Now the teleport strike exploit that was once addressed by ZOS involved using it to teleport through the door to guards. That's intent... and people doing it should have been banned or be banned if it's still possible.

Edited by rfennell_ESO on July 22, 2016 6:58PM
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still cheating. Cheating happening as we speak on Haderus. People attacking others from underground and resurrecting from under ground...
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    People still cheating. Cheating happening as we speak on Haderus. People attacking others from underground and resurrecting from under ground...

I assume you reported them?

Also, what server?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • vpadget9592b14_ESO
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we can all agree bugs and hacks are unwelcome in any game we enjoy to play. Banning people is not the solution. Timely patches to fix the obvious glitches, bugs and hacks is more important. I have played MMOs/mmorgs since there birth (MUDS). The one thing that's constant is no game is perfect. How we deal with the public and promptness to said problems is key to a good game. That said, the powers that make Elder Scrolls Online have failed miserably in there duties to fix the major exploits and bugs that plague this great game. Your timeliness to fix bugs exploits is atrocious. Largest if those exploits is the current dodge bug. Been over 3 months since someone posted how to do it and all you have done is delete the thread and say your looking into it. Your either lazy, incompetent or to cheap to fix this and many other game changing issues. When you play in PvP and someone dodges nearly 100% of your moves CONSTANTLY AND CONSISTENTLY is inexcusable. Your answer? Play PVE until it's fixed? Is so insulting it makes me want to find every forum on the web and report negatively about this game till every last player stears clear of this game till every last dollar is drained and you all lose your jobs....that's how frustrated many of us have become to your lack of urgency you have placed on fixing ANYTHING. Are you incapable? Incompetent? Cheap? Uncaring or lazy? Please be open and honest to your plight. I would rather a game designer tell me the code is complicated to make changes or they are low on funds and out source there fixes and be honest than some ZOS member to say we are looking into it....6 months later still nothing...GIVE US TRANSPARENCY and we will love all your faults and stand by you!!!!!!!
    Options
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we can all agree bugs and hacks are unwelcome in any game we enjoy to play. Banning people is not the solution. Timely patches to fix the obvious glitches, bugs and hacks is more important. I have played MMOs/mmorgs since there birth (MUDS). The one thing that's constant is no game is perfect. How we deal with the public and promptness to said problems is key to a good game. That said, the powers that make Elder Scrolls Online have failed miserably in there duties to fix the major exploits and bugs that plague this great game. Your timeliness to fix bugs exploits is atrocious. Largest if those exploits is the current dodge bug. Been over 3 months since someone posted how to do it and all you have done is delete the thread and say your looking into it. Your either lazy, incompetent or to cheap to fix this and many other game changing issues. When you play in PvP and someone dodges nearly 100% of your moves CONSTANTLY AND CONSISTENTLY is inexcusable. Your answer? Play PVE until it's fixed? Is so insulting it makes me want to find every forum on the web and report negatively about this game till every last player stears clear of this game till every last dollar is drained and you all lose your jobs....that's how frustrated many of us have become to your lack of urgency you have placed on fixing ANYTHING. Are you incapable? Incompetent? Cheap? Uncaring or lazy? Please be open and honest to your plight. I would rather a game designer tell me the code is complicated to make changes or they are low on funds and out source there fixes and be honest than some ZOS member to say we are looking into it....6 months later still nothing...GIVE US TRANSPARENCY and we will love all your faults and stand by you!!!!!!!

It's been about a month since I jumped into the forums to see the progress of these issues & this is what I see!

Has ZOS been on a tea party break?

I can not in good faith recommend this game to any of my gaming group. ZOS has lost most of my trust in their ability to fix this game and make it enjoyable to pvp again.

See you in another month I guess :(
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a few people still don't know macros can get you banned . Just a reminder ... Don't use macros .
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question :

Is downscaling normal Sanctum Ophidia to level 46-49 in order to quickly get CP160 item sets loot intended/tolerated/usebug ?

A :

(to be filled by @ZOS_RichLambert )

It's a simple, clear, uncomplicated, non-controversial, important question. It deserves a simple answer.

And no, I didn't read 42 pages of various related or unrelated matters just in the (unlikely) case there's an answer in there. I don't even begin to see why I should.

Thanks in advance for a quick clear answer, ZOS.

Options
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it is supposed to drop gear at that level, but it is the beat thing to happen to the game. We went from a guild of 5 people being on to having 100 people in chat trying to run sanctum. I even got 4 people to come back and subscribe just because of how much fun we were having.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question :

Is downscaling normal Sanctum Ophidia to level 46-49 in order to quickly get CP160 item sets loot intended/tolerated/usebug ?

A :

(to be filled by @ZOS_RichLambert )

It's a simple, clear, uncomplicated, non-controversial, important question. It deserves a simple answer.

And no, I didn't read 42 pages of various related or unrelated matters just in the (unlikely) case there's an answer in there. I don't even begin to see why I should.

Thanks in advance for a quick clear answer, ZOS.

Don't worry, pretty sure no one has mentioned this before now, mainly because Mod Peter told us to do so only recently lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Freymaker
    Freymaker
    phbell wrote: »
    Freymaker wrote: »

ESO and NMS are completely different genre. If you want to explore space there is always EVE. ESO is wonderful for fantasy were it not for the cheating. Exploits are aggravating, but the cheating is a deal breaker. You will recognize the cheating when an opposing player is CC'd and surrounded by DK's, Temp.s, and NB's and their health never drops. Or when s player is CC'd and surrounded and they just spam Vigor endlessly and their Stam never runs out. Or an opponent drops an ult like meteor on you every 4 seconds (or less). The variants of cheating provided through Cheat Engine are endless and the penalties for getting caught minimal. I saw this behavior every 10 minutes in Cryodiil, which is why I am no longer there.

Any game that one has to cheat to play... is not worth playing. I continue to hope that this gets sorted out, but given the silence and time that has passed I have lost faith. Small matter - ZOS won't miss the ~$400/year I used to spend here.
    I don't think you quite understood my comment - I'm not interested in a spacefaring pvp game or actually in pvp much either for that matter. I prefer to play solo but since there are things you can't do solo and I've exhausted everything except for cycling through various group dungeons, I decided to try Cyrodiil. The fact that people feel the need to cheat in a pvp situation only reinforces my dislike for it. As I said, dying in this one at least is mostly painless penalty wise but it's still annoying to be "killed" by a cheater. Better player, better equipment, no glitches - sure - cheating - not so much. So I look forward to a (mostly) solo experience when NMS releases.

Edited by Freymaker on July 26, 2016 12:34AM
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems a few people still don't know macros can get you banned . Just a reminder ... Don't use macros .

What are macros?
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

What are macros?

Macros are small codes to link keystrokes together automatically . They replace the human ability of pressing abilities manually .
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

What are macros?

Macros are small codes to link keystrokes together automatically . They replace the human ability of pressing abilities manually .

Whaaaat!! Yeah that's not ok! Your combos should be performed manually.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are macros?

Indeed . Some people buy macro keyboards or macro mouse that simplifies this process but don't know it's against the rules to use them here .
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

What are macros?

Indeed . Some people buy macro keyboards or macro mouse that simplifies this process but don't know it's against the rules to use them here .

Is this a thing on xbox or exclusively pc?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are macros?

I am guessing that using a rubberband on your controller so you run in a circle while you make a quick run to the store to get beer is also a violation of the ToS. Well, depending on what sort of store, and what kind of beer.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are macros?

Only PC that I'm aware of . I only have PC and Ps4 .
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    well i saw a bot few days ago. EP veteran at Verrant Morass in greenshade
    i reproted them aand i spam in zones and 5 guilds to come and report him

today he dissapear, i hope he was banned at least
    Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...what ever happened about a leaderboard wipe to clear those Hacker scores? Did this just get forgotten?
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rebuff and really don't care about individual players gap closing into keeps, I send them home, it's the groups of 5-10 doing it together that becomes a problem.

Aside from that, if you aren't 501 cp and familiar with game mechanics, you won't be able to tell who is cheating. CP is that important. Vigor spamming dk whose health never moves? Possible by stacking crit, crit damage, incoming heal boost and and greater mending. Even at 501 cp in a group of 3-4 you can only tell with heal debuff and chain cc. And yes you can have high dps as vigor scales with stamina, although that variation folds under assist dps. Defense scaling with primary dps stats is largely to blame.

Having said that, there are types of cheating that can be easily detected and plenty of morons doing it. Like 80% sustained dodge. Or. Unmoving health bar with no shield or heals.

The shame of it is that smart cheaters will not be caught if zos has no way of detecting a data manipulator. 20% damage added without using corresponding buffs is not detectable by players. Cheaters that let themselves die in extreme situations also undetectable. In fact, about half the elite pvp players fell from grace only because of their streams or videos. Like redacting mundus buffs during that period of time using big, black squares... like in German.
    Options
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    To add to the cheats list, I would like to see Zenimax do something about players having characters on two factions and playing inside the same campaign. They are flipping back and forth between the characters to allow their main faction to take over the map by giving away enemy players' positions, helping them use the glitch to get inside the Keeps, etc. Then these players are farming each other, damaging keeps for reparation, etc, to get to the top of the leader boards and are helping each other get emperorship by taking the circle and then not defending it, thus none of it done legitimately.

My proposal is this - you can create a character on another faction, but you can only ever bring it in for one faction. So if you decide you will be EP faction in Cyrodiil, then that is where all of your characters will play. It is unfortunate that this has to be proposed, but it is just getting irritating that you clearly see all this cheating and nothing is being done about it. There are no gamesmasters in the game monitoring what is going on. And now that the top 10 players get 5 set pieces as a reward, there is a continued incentive to cheat.

My husband has also proposed that if you move your character out of your home or guest campaign into one that is not your home or guest, you lose your place on your home leaderboard, and your campaign reward tier. You have to restart it when you go back in.

Currently, there is a guild in Skull of Corruption, NA Server, Xbox One that is currently doing this. We see the players constantly flipping backwards and forward between their EP and AD characters. The faction they support is AD.

I also believe that if you get to Tier 3 you should get some gear as a reward regardless of where you are on the board. Then the people who are farming the AP through this method and knocking those out of the positions where you can get them can stop putting it on the guild traders for ridiculous prices. Basically, Zenimax have got to stop rewarding those players who 'stack the deck'.

Those players who are caught cheating need to be permanently banned from the game. They are spoiling it for those of us who wish to play fairly. And more needs to be done to stop the current cheating and monitor the game properly to deter any future cheating. Then this might return to the nice gaming community that was originally here at the launch of the game.
    Edited by Eletheia on July 27, 2016 4:01AM
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we add to the list of exploits, sorcs that run around with 3 active pets.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.