Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

Cheating and Exploits

• DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Can we add to the list of exploits, sorcs that run around with 3 active pets.

really?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eletheia wrote: »
    To add to the cheats list, I would like to see Zenimax do something about players having characters on two factions and playing inside the same campaign. [...]

My proposal is this - you can create a character on another faction, but you can only ever bring it in for one faction. So if you decide you will be EP faction in Cyrodiil, then that is where all of your characters will play.
    Considering they only just removed this restriction, it's very unlikely they will put it back in.
    My husband has also proposed that if you move your character out of your home or guest campaign into one that is not your home or guest, you lose your place on your home leaderboard, and your campaign reward tier. You have to restart it when you go back in.
    You already lose your leaderboard position if you change home campaigns, and entering your guest campaign doesn't affect the leaderboard.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

heard people complaining about it. unfortunately, i haven't seen this myself yet.
    Question :

Is downscaling normal Sanctum Ophidia to level 46-49 in order to quickly get CP160 item sets loot intended/tolerated/usebug ?

A :

(to be filled by @ZOS_RichLambert )

It's a simple, clear, uncomplicated, non-controversial, important question. It deserves a simple answer.

And no, I didn't read 42 pages of various related or unrelated matters just in the (unlikely) case there's an answer in there. I don't even begin to see why I should.

Thanks in advance for a quick clear answer, ZOS.

aye, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_RichLambert decided to not comment on this issue.

it's pretty cool to see a thread dedicated to cheating and exploiting while it is completely ignored by ZOS.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to the cheats list, I would like to see Zenimax do something about players having characters on two factions and playing inside the same campaign. They are flipping back and forth between the characters to allow their main faction to take over the map by giving away enemy players' positions, helping them use the glitch to get inside the Keeps, etc. Then these players are farming each other, damaging keeps for reparation, etc, to get to the top of the leader boards and are helping each other get emperorship by taking the circle and then not defending it, thus none of it done legitimately.

My proposal is this - you can create a character on another faction, but you can only ever bring it in for one faction. So if you decide you will be EP faction in Cyrodiil, then that is where all of your characters will play. It is unfortunate that this has to be proposed, but it is just getting irritating that you clearly see all this cheating and nothing is being done about it. There are no gamesmasters in the game monitoring what is going on. And now that the top 10 players get 5 set pieces as a reward, there is a continued incentive to cheat.

My husband has also proposed that if you move your character out of your home or guest campaign into one that is not your home or guest, you lose your place on your home leaderboard, and your campaign reward tier. You have to restart it when you go back in.

Currently, there is a guild in Skull of Corruption, NA Server, Xbox One that is currently doing this. We see the players constantly flipping backwards and forward between their EP and AD characters. The faction they support is AD.

I also believe that if you get to Tier 3 you should get some gear as a reward regardless of where you are on the board. Then the people who are farming the AP through this method and knocking those out of the positions where you can get them can stop putting it on the guild traders for ridiculous prices. Basically, Zenimax have got to stop rewarding those players who 'stack the deck'.

Those players who are caught cheating need to be permanently banned from the game. They are spoiling it for those of us who wish to play fairly. And more needs to be done to stop the current cheating and monitor the game properly to deter any future cheating. Then this might return to the nice gaming community that was originally here at the launch of the game.
    The death of the Alliance War is something that was conciously done by ZOS. Being able to flip between factions in the same campaign is considered a good thing by ZOS and the Skyrim players that keep this game running.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 27, 2016 10:11AM
    Options
  • ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO
    Enodoc wrote: »
    To add to the cheats list, I would like to see Zenimax do something about players having characters on two factions and playing inside the same campaign. [...]

My proposal is this - you can create a character on another faction, but you can only ever bring it in for one faction. So if you decide you will be EP faction in Cyrodiil, then that is where all of your characters will play.
    Considering they only just removed this restriction, it's very unlikely they will put it back in.
    You already lose your leaderboard position if you change home campaigns, and entering your guest campaign doesn't affect the leaderboard.

So let me get this straight: I can have characters on opposing/all 3 factions that all have the same home campaign? Seriously?! For the love of RNGeesus, WHY??
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me get this straight: I can have characters on opposing/all 3 factions that all have the same home campaign? Seriously?! For the love of RNGeesus, WHY??

Because you also have spies in real war.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO

Real war also have real pain, suffering and death. Not to mention the risk of friendly fire, land mines and razor wire that doesn't go away after 30 seconds, satellite and aircraft surveillance, cruise missiles, supersonic air-to-surface missiles that hits you long before you can hear them and a vast plethora of other horrible ***, that makes real war so utterly horrible and repulsive. And, oh yeah, in real war, spies risk very real and horrible consequences, such as capture, torture and, you know, real, actual death.

Last time I checked, the Elder Scrolls Online is a GAME. Almost all the horrors of real war would make pvp in ESO utterly un-playable. Cross-faction character spying only ruins my gaming experience, sows mistrust among players and hinders communication in zone chat. I would even go so far as to say it promotes the pro-exploiting and pro-cheating culture, that seems to be so prevalent in the eso community.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Three reasons, mainly.

One being that with the small number of campaigns, it's sometimes hard to find a good fight, so if you were locked out of the most competitive campaign on your AD character because you had an alt of another faction already homed in there, you basically wouldn't be able to do PvP on the AD character today. In order to make sure players can find the PvP they want, the faction restriction was lifted.

The second reason was to make it easier to play with friends. If your friends from AD were homed in the same campaign as your friends from DC, you would only have been able to home one or other of your AD or DC character's in that campaign. Say you homed your DC there; it was then "hard" (*see below) to join the campaign with your AD character to play with your AD friends, and even if you did manage to get in, you wouldn't be able to progress on the leaderboard because you couldn't set that campaign as the AD character's home.

The other reason is that it was actually very easy to circumvent the restrictions anyway due to the way group queueing and /traveltoplayer worked. With the restriction being circumvented by those who knew how to do so, and those who didn't being prevented from playing with friends, ZOS decided to do away with the restrictions altogether.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Real war also have real pain, suffering and death. Not to mention the risk of friendly fire, land mines and razor wire that doesn't go away after 30 seconds, satellite and aircraft surveillance, cruise missiles, supersonic air-to-surface missiles that hits you long before you can hear them and a vast plethora of other horrible ***, that makes real war so utterly horrible and repulsive. And, oh yeah, in real war, spies risk very real and horrible consequences, such as capture, torture and, you know, real, actual death.

Last time I checked, the Elder Scrolls Online is a GAME. Almost all the horrors of real war would make pvp in ESO utterly un-playable. Cross-faction character spying only ruins my gaming experience, sows mistrust among players and hinders communication in zone chat. I would even go so far as to say it promotes the pro-exploiting and pro-cheating culture, that seems to be so prevalent in the eso community.

Geez, calm down man. I only gave a possible explanation...

And given the world of Elder Scrolls, we will never see a lot of the things you mentioned (satellite and aircraft surveillance, cruise missiles, supersonic air-to-surface missiles that hits you long before you can hear them).

But, spies could exist in the world of Elder Scrolls. For more immersion I would even take a chance on friendly fire in pvp.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    @ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO
    if they do smthing about it and you will not able to have other characters like spies, i will just buy 2nd account just to spy in PVP
    Edited by DeadDealer on July 27, 2016 3:11PM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »
    @ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO
    if they do smthing about it and you will not able to have other characters like spies, i will just buy 2nd account just to spy in PVP

Waste of money . Spying doesn't change anything . If a faction has more good PvP players fully geared and leveled , they're going to win whether you spy on them or not .
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to the cheats list, I would like to see Zenimax do something about players having characters on two factions and playing inside the same campaign. They are flipping back and forth between the characters to allow their main faction to take over the map by giving away enemy players' positions, helping them use the glitch to get inside the Keeps, etc. Then these players are farming each other, damaging keeps for reparation, etc, to get to the top of the leader boards and are helping each other get emperorship by taking the circle and then not defending it, thus none of it done legitimately.

My proposal is this - you can create a character on another faction, but you can only ever bring it in for one faction. So if you decide you will be EP faction in Cyrodiil, then that is where all of your characters will play. It is unfortunate that this has to be proposed, but it is just getting irritating that you clearly see all this cheating and nothing is being done about it. There are no gamesmasters in the game monitoring what is going on. And now that the top 10 players get 5 set pieces as a reward, there is a continued incentive to cheat.

Currently, there is a guild in Skull of Corruption, NA Server, Xbox One that is currently doing this. We see the players constantly flipping backwards and forward between their EP and AD characters. The faction they support is AD.

I also believe that if you get to Tier 3 you should get some gear as a reward regardless of where you are on the board. Then the people who are farming the AP through this method and knocking those out of the positions where you can get them can stop putting it on the guild traders for ridiculous prices. Basically, Zenimax have got to stop rewarding those players who 'stack the deck'.

Those players who are caught cheating need to be permanently banned from the game. They are spoiling it for those of us who wish to play fairly. And more needs to be done to stop the current cheating and monitor the game properly to deter any future cheating. Then this might return to the nice gaming community that was originally here at the launch of the game.

You can't just call anything cheating.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because the Alliance War is a failure. Alliances are pure fluff, Cyrodiil is just a free for all.
    Options
  • bluedevilblue
    Does anyone know if someone doing Toppling Charge sideways is a glitch or a sign of something else?

Similarly, is there an exploit that lets you run a scroll on a horse?
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did matience fix anything?
    Edited by KingYogi415 on July 27, 2016 8:55PM
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

heard people complaining about it. unfortunately, i haven't seen this myself yet.

It happens, I saw yesterday the same guy running around with 3 pets active. He died a few time, and would come back with 3 pets, so it wasn't a one time cliché.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. So that players can experience the entire game, from each Alliance, and not be restricted when it comes to Cyrodiil.
    2. To make it easier to play with friends.
    3. To reduce the need for additional Campaigns
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    well i saw a bot few days ago. EP veteran at Verrant Morass in greenshade
    i reproted them aand i spam in zones and 5 guilds to come and report him

today he dissapear, i hope he was banned at least

still not banned lol

pls help

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/281283/help-to-report-a-bot-na-greenshade
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS say exploiting into keeps is clearly an exploit and bannable.

Waste more players time reporting people who do this over and over again and are NOT banned. Seemed to flap there gums and we just believe it all, its a disgrace.

Streamers are gap closing into keeps as well, purely encouraging an opposite stance from ZOS. While i agree ZOS should fix the mechanic and/or inform people doing this is wrong (Not only on forums where not everyone goes), they said there angle yet dont stick by the words earlier of it being an exploit and can be banned over it.

From the creation of this topic to now, all i have witnessed is pure incompetence from ZOS side.
    Options
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

1. So that players can experience the entire game, from each Alliance, and not be restricted when it comes to Cyrodiil.

@lordrichter Yet people are exploiting that? People these days ruin good things for their own gain.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordrichter Yet people are exploiting that? People these days ruin good things for their own gain.

I did not say they made a decision that would prevent cheating!

Many knew this would be abused, and it is, but that was not enough for ZOS to change plans.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

I did not say they made a decision that would prevent cheating!

Many knew this would be abused, and it is, but that was not enough for ZOS to change plans.

One Tamriel might be the change of plan you can see the story basically from all sides and play with your friends. Well you can't PVP with your friends they may have a solution to that aswell. @lordrichter
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know what it means, but very often i saw in the game a tip prompt - Hold (picture of mouse key) to Exploit

i hoped when i press it the game will give me god mode, or 1 million of gold.. but nothing

i hold the button but Exploit didnt happened...
    Edited by DeadDealer on July 30, 2016 12:49PM
    Options
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭

In real war we can hang spies; that's not possible in alliance war.
    Options
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: If a player is banned will they still be on the leader board and be crowned Emperor?
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow this weekend before the new dlc, cheaters are out in force, just as I thought ZOS was getting a little control on this, I have lost all faith now, I see people that had vacations from the game back and cheating again, I guess maybe at some point perma ban will mean perma ban and no second chances. I cant believe with all the open cheating running rampant again in the game that they release new content, :(
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on July 30, 2016 9:58PM
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    wow this weekend before the new dlc, cheaters are out in force, just as I thought ZOS was getting a little control on this, I have lost all faith now, I see people that had vacations from the game back and cheating again, I guess maybe at some point perma ban will mean perma ban and no second chances. I cant believe with all the open cheating running rampant again in the game that they release new content, :(

@kevlarto_ESO
    no
    read some pages before letter from ZOS
    they said to cheater - you can buy other account and play
    Options
  • lustdog
    lustdog
    ✭✭

@kevlarto_ESO
    no
    read some pages before letter from ZOS
    they said to cheater - you can buy other account and play

and CHEAT again LOLOLOL
    Options
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    So ZOS say exploiting into keeps is clearly an exploit and bannable.

Waste more players time reporting people who do this over and over again and are NOT banned. Seemed to flap there gums and we just believe it all, its a disgrace.

Streamers are gap closing into keeps as well, purely encouraging an opposite stance from ZOS. While i agree ZOS should fix the mechanic and/or inform people doing this is wrong (Not only on forums where not everyone goes), they said there angle yet dont stick by the words earlier of it being an exploit and can be banned over it.

From the creation of this topic to now, all i have witnessed is pure incompetence from ZOS side.

We were just overrun by at least a dozen nightblades and templars gap closing into Ash on a PS4 NA campaign. I thought this mechanic was fixed because I hadn't really noticed anyone doing it since the last patch... maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I don't want to report and get anyone banned, I just want to see this fixed.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so just to clear the air on something that has bothered people for awhile now that I actually just watched happen via on-screen messages and viewing the map of Cyrodiil (until it broke on me)...

Let's say a few EP players decide to hop on AD alts and grab a few other EP friends and go to Azura's Star for example. The EP players manage to get into a keep holding a scroll without cheating or exploiting their way in and proceed to take the scroll. The one that takes the scroll then lets themself die and one of the friends that got on an AD alt takes the scroll and proceeds to casually waltz out and proceed to the EP gates. The AD holding the scroll then lets themself die so the EP friends can grab the scroll and finish taking it to the Temple it belongs in or a keep they can secure it in.

Is that scenario considered cheating or exploiting and thus punishable by Zenimax or is it allowed to happen?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_DaryaK
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 1, 2016 1:27AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
This discussion has been closed.