The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cheating and Exploits

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen a triple boxer the other day, since this game has no follow command, they must be using a third party program of some kind and seems like there should be auto detects for things like that, I have seen triple boxers in other games, all the characters moved in unison, it is odd to watch, they were not doing pvp they were farming a boss, I don't really care about the person doing the boxing, I am more concerned about the software running that allows it, and the lack of security these games severs seem to have, this game needs something like a punk buster.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen a triple boxer the other day, since this game has no follow command, they must be using a third party program of some kind and seems like there should be auto detects for things like that, I have seen triple boxers in other games, all the characters moved in unison, it is odd to watch, they were not doing pvp they were farming a boss, I don't really care about the person doing the boxing, I am more concerned about the software running that allows it, and the lack of security these games severs seem to have, this game needs something like a punk buster.

From watching them, I question whether anyone is following. They could simply be running an identical pattern, which would tend to group them together due to having to stop for monsters. When one gets out of sync, likely because they have to unload inventory, they will run the pattern until they catch up.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Are we seeing more bots/multiboxing or less? Look at the forums, more and more reports of both these actions taken place.

I have been in and out of delves for the last few days killing bosses. No bots have stood out. They are all performing human activities. The only possible place where it would be hard to tell is in one delve where the boss seems to respawn instantly. There, the time between spawns is not enough for a human to get bored and wander around. Bots don't wander.

Most bots, since most people are lazy, will have them farming materials or dirt mobs. One is for exp and the other is for gold or both combined like i seen the other night. I think it would be rare to find a bot in a delve tbh.
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Well it's not only CE. Nowadays there are new kids on the block. But indeed the Macro combos are alive and healthy, but with shiny new features. A player I stealthed up on from afar and behind threw a skill at me as my Dark Flare just launched. The new Macros can fight for you, don't even need 12 buttons on a mouse. Miss you too Anti!

I agree, a lot are using macros for automated functions in game, from simple bar swaps to more complex set of moves depending on the occasion, most mouses can hold 6+ and then there's the keyboard lol I see people always crying about global cooldowns and yes they exist, but a macro can hit the millisecond after the cooldown, faster ani block cancels and bar swaps.

Z0$ does nothing on these issues. If 3rd party cheat engine users are allowed back in game, there is no hope for any practical or successful enforcement on macros.

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's not only CE. Nowadays there are new kids on the block. But indeed the Macro combos are alive and healthy, but with shiny new features. A player I stealthed up on from afar and behind threw a skill at me as my Dark Flare just launched. The new Macros can fight for you, don't even need 12 buttons on a mouse. Miss you too Anti!
    Combined with a speedhack or a program like Cheat Engine, yes you can. And people are naive if they only see Razer/Logitech sofware when talking about macros.

Can you stop pulling things out of your hat? Post by post, you show the lack of understanding about the topic, you just keep throwing random arguments with literally ZERO sense. Worst part of this? people just repeat what read here, so please stop with the nonsense.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we seeing more bots/multiboxing or less? Look at the forums, more and more reports of both these actions taken place.

I have been in and out of delves for the last few days killing bosses. No bots have stood out. They are all performing human activities. The only possible place where it would be hard to tell is in one delve where the boss seems to respawn instantly. There, the time between spawns is not enough for a human to get bored and wander around. Bots don't wander.

Most bots, since most people are lazy, will have them farming materials or dirt mobs. One is for exp and the other is for gold or both combined like i seen the other night. I think it would be rare to find a bot in a delve tbh.

Lazy is the key. All the bot has to do is stand where the boss spawns and attack. Early in the life of ESO, the delves were filled with these bots. Humans had little chance of killing the boss.

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭

Lazy is the key. All the bot has to do is stand where the boss spawns and attack. Early in the life of ESO, the delves were filled with these bots. Humans had little chance of killing the boss.

I may have encountered such a bot a few days passing. The player was standing in one place, did nothing until the boss spawned, then attacked. When the boss chased after a different player, the player used a ground attack when there was nothing there. --- Guess it could have been a player that hit a key by accident and was too lazy to move. --- but it was a level 300+
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

I may have encountered such a bot a few days passing. The player was standing in one place, did nothing until the boss spawned, then attacked. When the boss chased after a different player, the player used a ground attack when there was nothing there. --- Guess it could have been a player that hit a key by accident and was too lazy to move. --- but it was a level 300+

I've seen such things a lot lately.
    In Public dungeons.
    The thing is, there characters were there waiting on a boss respawn. Nothing funny about that.
    But if I was to attack and then kite a dirt mob into them, they would instantly attack the mob, and even follow it after it resets.
    They seem to have good AI, since they will return to the boss location (in unison) after they get out of combat.

Too many bots these days.
    Nobody to police the game.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so they've succeeded with dumping all unwanted cheat and exploit discussions in this black hole thread?
    very very unexpected, I mean seriously, who would have guessed it? :trollface:

So how many statements regarding exploits respectively potential exploits should have been made here since the last real ZOS post? (and I don't talk about moderators as they aren't capable of answering anything in here)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno , nothing to say? nothing at all?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so they've succeeded with dumping all unwanted cheat and exploit discussions in this black hole thread?

So how many statements regarding exploits respectively potential exploits should have been made here since the last real ZOS post? (and I don't talk about moderators as they aren't capable of answering anything in here)

It rounds down to zero, but internally at ZOS they definitely saw some positive changes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how many statements regarding exploits respectively potential exploits should have been made here since the last real ZOS post?

nothing to say? nothing at all?

Modified Bablylon 5 quote.... :smiley:

If ZOS is aware of us at all, it is as little more than ants…and we have as much chance of communicating with them as an ant has with us. We know. We've tried. And we've learned we can either stay out from underfoot, or be stepped on.

Seemed to fit. Meant as humor. Take seriously at your own peril. Don't get stepped on.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

It rounds down to zero, but internally at ZOS they definitely saw some positive changes.

We, the paying customer, needs to see some positive changes.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new proc sets+macro+possible cheat engine=total chaos in both pvp and pve :/
    I really hope something will be done to resolve this.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I am not a ZOS employee. I would have to get my glasses prescription changed every month from all the eye rolling I would be doing and my tin foil hat would get sweaty.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭

In Public dungeons.
    The thing is, there characters were there waiting on a boss respawn. Nothing funny about that.
    But if I was to attack and then kite a dirt mob into them, they would instantly attack the mob, and even follow it after it resets.
    They seem to have good AI, since they will return to the boss location (in unison) after they get out of combat.

This is an obvious component to the bigger subject of CE, Exploits, and Macros. No one from ZOS policing the game. It appears that ZOS resources are committed to creating new content rather than solving existing problems. For me, cheating is an in-game "quality of life" issue. The rampant use of CE has driven me from Cyrodiil, so all I do now is PvE and that is limited to Trials and Pledges with my guild (activities where cheating may affect leaderboards but not my gaming experience). Too bad really as PvP was once about 1/2 my ESO gaming.

I have followed this thread since creation - all 59 pages worth - and sadly see no progress toward containment of cheating in any of its forms; plus any attempts at TOS enforcement is limp (at best). Apparently game integrity is not a priority.

It seems like I have 2 choices:
    1 - Accept ZOS's lack of interest and ignore it and continue to play...
    2 - move along to another game...

I teeter back and forth on these choices. I love the game, yet hate the cheating. Were I "King of ZOS" I would manage the cheating issue much differently... but then I suspect every contributor to this thread feels much the same way.

<returning to my box of popcorn>

Edited for formatting.
    Edited by phbell on October 19, 2016 11:04PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phbell wrote: »

In Public dungeons.

This is an obvious component to the bigger subject of CE, Exploits, and Macros. No one from ZOS policing the game. It appears that ZOS resources are committed to creating new content rather than solving existing problems. For me, cheating is an in-game "quality of life" issue. The rampant use of CE has driven me from Cyrodiil, so all I do now is PvE and that is limited to Trials and Pledges with my guild (activities where cheating may affect leaderboards but not my gaming experience). Too bad really as PvP was once about 1/2 my ESO gaming.

I have followed this thread since creation - all 59 pages worth - and sadly see no progress toward containment of cheating in any of its forms; plus any attempts at TOS enforcement is limp (at best). Apparently game integrity is not a priority.

It seems like I have 2 choices:
    1 - Accept ZOS's lack of interest and ignore it and continue to play...
    2 - move along to another game...

I teeter back and forth on these choices. I love the game, yet hate the cheating. Were I "King of ZOS" I would manage the cheating issue much differently... but then I suspect every contributor to this thread feels much the same way.

<returning to my box of popcorn>

Edited for formatting.

There's a third choice. The choice I have chosen.

3 - Play ESO until a better game comes along.

• Dv8FUBZ
    Dv8FUBZ
    Soul Shriven
    I never could understand why someone wants to cheat on a game. It's a game not real life. I mean it's not like you're going to get all this cash or gear in real life. Yeah if it's something like gta playing single player i understand the cheats like all weapons and infinity ammo so you can just go on a massive killing spree but a game like this really whats the point?
    Some people take gaming way to seriously and need to maybe take a break from gameing and focus on there life
    End of rant sorry
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dv8FUBZ wrote: »
    I never could understand why someone wants to cheat on a game.

They want to win. They want more gold. They want more equipment. They want to solo dolmens. They want to solo world bosses. They want to solo PVP fights . They get frustrated, or just feel that whatever is blocking them is not worth it.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never could understand why someone wants to cheat on a game.

They want to win. They want more gold. They want more equipment. They want to solo dolmens. They want to solo world bosses. They want to solo PVP fights . They get frustrated, or just feel that whatever is blocking them is not worth it.

Infants just want too . Usually rearing a child teaches them about earning and social development . Guess that some never get pulled away from parents properly .
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never could understand why someone wants to cheat on a game. It's a game not real life. I mean it's not like you're going to get all this cash or gear in real life. Yeah if it's something like gta playing single player i understand the cheats like all weapons and infinity ammo so you can just go on a massive killing spree but a game like this really whats the point?
    Some people take gaming way to seriously and need to maybe take a break from gameing and focus on there life
    End of rant sorry

These are the same people that cheat at solitaire. I suspect that if they focus on their life they would try to cheat at that as well.

I figure that people cheat because it is easier than working to get better. That philosophy does not translate so readily to RL. I will wager the most flagrant cheaters are the same people leaning out of drive-thru windows asking if you want fries with your burger.

True winners do not cheat.
    (Edit to add:) They simply work harder.
    Edited by phbell on October 21, 2016 6:47PM
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like some belated karma arrived last week... The air is suddenly less obnoxious in tamriel
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Andewen Vedrano - EP Templar
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Vashai The Impotent - AD DK
    Sprints-With-Erect-Spine - EP Templar
    Approved Inoffensive Name - EP Sorc
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a few posts that included an accusation against a specific player. The purpose of this discussion is not to report other players. You should do that using the report function within the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've removed a few posts that included an accusation against a specific player. The purpose of this discussion is not to report other players. You should do that using the report function within the game.

yep ))) nice idea!!!! but maybe YOUR TEAM do nice buttom to report ENEMY or meaby forum spot for it?! BTW ESO it's worst EMMO game for fairplay gamers.... and it's fact(((
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reported a particular AD night blade last night.

My recount was showing. 7-10 hits inside 1 second, repeatedly, sometimes less than a tenth of a second apart. These included skills that required bar swaps and have cooldowns. Also recorded being hit by his poisons over 7 times in one second. I know there are double drain health's and he likely had glyphs, and poison arrow etc.. but the math doesn't work.

Watched him heal with what i can only assume was vigor, i can't say for sure as there was never any actual animations for anything he did other than dodge roll in his eternal hunt/viper set.

I fought this guy about a dozen times as did my buddy, as did a good number of players at the ales resource he was stinking up with his cheating.

He did occasionally die if there were enough of us, and came ripping back on his horse in seconds to do it all again. He was cutting through players like they were butter in the sun, no stealth, just face tanking/rolling everybody. Never took a single stun from my charge either, ya maybe immov. pots... maybe... if that was the only thing...

Macro's don't work this good, not in Cyrolag. And NOBODY is tight like that on cancelling, nobody...

He logged after my buddy and I called him out.

If this guy wasn't cheating I'll streak *** naked through times square...

Hope to see you again sport when I have my recording on, hope it'll be the last time I see you.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    alot bots at Silsailen like 4 in a blob running same way

Auridon PC NA

guess what? i will not reprot them
    im too tired of useless reports i always made and they always avoid ban
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We reported, with multiple evidence videos, several players cheating in PvP and nothing has happened to them at all so this occasional popping in to tell us not be naughty seems a little unhelpful while the cheats are still openly boasting about getting away with it - what we want to know is when you plan to actually deal with it OR if cheating is just an accepted part of ESO then please give us official Zenimax branded versions of CE with the code pre-hacked so at least we can play on a level playing field?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • yumyum
    yumyum
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

We reported, with multiple evidence videos, several players cheating in PvP and nothing has happened to them at all so this occasional popping in to tell us not be naughty seems a little unhelpful while the cheats are still openly boasting about getting away with it - what we want to know is when you plan to actually deal with it OR if cheating is just an accepted part of ESO then please give us official Zenimax branded versions of CE with the code pre-hacked so at least we can play on a level playing field?

CE is not the issue, the issue is the bad coding in ESO which is letting players modify the game code. Even if ZoS had the skill or the tools to detect a player using CE the issue is not going to go away as the cheaters are just going to code a cheat to do the same thing.

ZoS needs to speak to an Anti Cheat Specialist to help them in this area.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yumyum wrote: »

CE is not the issue, the issue is the bad coding in ESO which is letting players modify the game code. Even if ZoS had the skill or the tools to detect a player using CE the issue is not going to go away as the cheaters are just going to code a cheat to do the same thing.

ZoS needs to speak to an Anti Cheat Specialist to help them in this area.

Problem or symptom either way if they are not going to fix it they might as well just open it all up and let us all run rampant.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This comment is just worth repeating.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem is people are getting reported for not cheating then it send ZOS staff away from the real cheaters. I did a dawn breaker of smiting using a magic build and it ended up doing like 17 in all. I get whispered your cheating I am reporting you. I said feel free. Then five minute later he says you are a magic build you cant hit people for 17 k. I said are you a vamp are you in light armor he said yes. I asked him did you have your shield down? He said yes, I asked him do you have any inpen and of course no he didn't.

I told him repeatedly I have 75 in thamaturge and also do 10 percent more damage to off balance targets. He said he didn't care and he was reporting me anyway. I said you know it was the dot and had you cleansed it it would not have done that much damage and he said. That's a stamina ultimate and magic users can't use it. He said never gets hit by dawnbreakers for more than 4 or 5 k. I said ok it looks like you need more help than I can provide you. With people like that, ZOS is spending time on the many and not focused on the few that are messing with stuff.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
This discussion has been closed.