The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cheating and Exploits

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only cheating themselves to earn a title
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they were not successful in making a cheat engine detection ingame . It may have caught a few people early on that we're not careful but they got unbanned anyways . Then players started leaking videos that the could still get away with it . A few of those got banned . Now we all know just by initial information there were over 50 people the first weekend banned . About another 50 in the following months . That's 100 players at least . That's a majority of a faction on a PvP server caught . Who knows how many not caught .

ZOS will not update Us anymore or give any words of support they are still making anti cheat software better ingame . We are suppose to accept most players can make 6 attacks in one second with no lag present . The new suits are to blame for infinite resources and run speeds faster then maxed horses . We are told we are just exaggerating .

Well I guess ZOS never really caught all those people and banned them . That was just imaginary . No one can or would hack this game anymore or use anything against the official rules right ? What ever . It no longer matters . ZOS has shown how important this is to them in action . If you PvP , you do it at your own risk . Do not expect this game company to take your reports seriously because even if they wanted too , they don't have the technical skills to fix it .

Maybe removing PvP would be the best thing to happen here . That way PvE players don't have to be balanced to PvP spec that is always messed up anyways do to the exploitive nature .

Well said, I feel that ZOs does not have the manpower or the funds to spend on effective cheat control, I see them everyday running rampant in pvp, but Lambert will tell you that's just a good player with a hybrid build, that's the new cover up I guess. It looks like the auto detect is not detecting anyone with the speed hacks I have seen and these go way beyond the broken and stacking sets.

There has been no complaints in the forums about anyone getting banned for a long time now, you know cheaters never lie, they were all not doing anything wrong. :neutral:

I think so many players were using the CE they looked at the revenue loss and said oh my, we cant ban all these people, and on the other hand I wonder how many people have left the game due to all this cheating, and you can tell who is cheating and who is using a broken game mechanic, I am always amazed at the amount of people they deny cheating is in this game have to figure they are some of the cheaters.

It's hard to even keep my sub in this game, I do not spend anymore money beyond that as I cannot support a game that lets cheaters run unchecked.

Sad really.

Edited by kevlarto_ESO on November 24, 2016 7:13PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they were not successful in making a cheat engine detection ingame . It may have caught a few people early on that we're not careful but they got unbanned anyways . Then players started leaking videos that the could still get away with it . A few of those got banned . Now we all know just by initial information there were over 50 people the first weekend banned . About another 50 in the following months . That's 100 players at least . That's a majority of a faction on a PvP server caught . Who knows how many not caught .

ZOS will not update Us anymore or give any words of support they are still making anti cheat software better ingame . We are suppose to accept most players can make 6 attacks in one second with no lag present . The new suits are to blame for infinite resources and run speeds faster then maxed horses . We are told we are just exaggerating .

Well I guess ZOS never really caught all those people and banned them . That was just imaginary . No one can or would hack this game anymore or use anything against the official rules right ? What ever . It no longer matters . ZOS has shown how important this is to them in action . If you PvP , you do it at your own risk . Do not expect this game company to take your reports seriously because even if they wanted too , they don't have the technical skills to fix it .

Maybe removing PvP would be the best thing to happen here . That way PvE players don't have to be balanced to PvP spec that is always messed up anyways do to the exploitive nature .

Well said, I feel that ZOs does not have the manpower or the funds to spend on effective cheat control, I see them everyday running rampant in pvp, but Lambert will tell you that's just a good player with a hybrid build, that's the new cover up I guess. It looks like the auto detect is not detecting anyone with the speed hacks I have seen and these go way beyond the broken and stacking sets.

There has been no complaints in the forums about anyone getting banned for a long time now, you know cheaters never lie, they were all not doing anything wrong. :neutral:

I think so many players were using the CE they looked at the revenue loss and said oh my, we cant ban all these people, and on the other hand I wonder how many people have left the game due to all this cheating, and you can tell who is cheating and who is using a broken game mechanic, I am always amazed at the amount of people they deny cheating is in this game have to figure they are some of the cheaters.

It's hard to even keep my sub in this game, I do not spend anymore money beyond that as I cannot support a game that lets cheaters run unchecked.

Sad really.

It's the same in many PC games not just here . I love GTA but had to just do story mode because the exploits were flat out over running the place . It took RS a long time to respond and perma banning accounts did little to stop people that just bought new accounts .

If you just say hey it's going to happen and it's my decision to participate or not , it's less frustrating hammering out reports to ZOS every night . Jump to a different campaign or a different game is the only option sometimes . Game time is suppose to be fun and if ZOS can't make it that way then that's on them when people go somewhere that is fun . So instead of ranting anymore I take this approach as much as possible .
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before this thread gets shutdown and we lose it from getting buried.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/305234/great-job-you-invisible-eots-abusers#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

May want to look into this.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of cheating and exploiting on Xbox. Easy to make fake accounts and farm raw materials with them. I doubt ZOS will do anything about them though.
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Also there are folks exploiting Selene with double price as well as the set is bugged and you can make it proc twice back to back

I got screenshots and time stamp combat logs to prove it's being done, one person in particular has been doing it for awhile now.

I'll send you pm in the morning with the combat log with time stamps and screen shots. Hopefully you can look into this. I'd appreciate it. Thanks again!
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chasing down cheaters is not cost effective for ZOS and banning players hurts their bottom line. Some of the same players using the CE in PVP are the same ones that got caught in the mat dupe cheat at launch.

This will continue until someone figures out a way to cheat/hack the crown store. If that happens they will shut the game down for a week if need be to fix it.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chasing down cheaters is not cost effective for ZOS and banning players hurts their bottom line. Some of the same players using the CE in PVP are the same ones that got caught in the mat dupe cheat at launch.

This will continue until someone figures out a way to cheat/hack the crown store. If that happens they will shut the game down for a week if need be to fix it.

They are permanently banning people using bugged sets but not CE. They are finding ways to perma ban people that speak up about the stupid mistakes they have made with the game, not CE users. It took people changing the color of the scarecrow hood white and pretending to recruit for the *** to finally ban at least one of the CE users. ZOS must be trying a new priority and escalation system that can only be understood and read by them because it doesn't make sense to the rest of us. I haven't ranted in a while but someone else I know was perma banned for using widowmaker with poisons on both bars. Yes, it does proc on both bars. ZOS fix your game instead of banning for your bugged sets.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sent as much information as possible and screenshots to @ZOS_GinaBruno

I trust them to look into this, and i hope the information i provided can be of some help.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sent as much information as possible and screenshots to @ZOS_GinaBruno

I trust them to look into this, and i hope the information i provided can be of some help.

Seeing as how most "bans" are short term suspensions and you can avoid a permanent ban by purchasing a new account, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so much worried about bans as I am helping them fix it.

At the end of they day how they handle disciplinary actions I tend not to look at as I simply have no horse in that race. I'll trust their judgement as that seems a better choice to me then getting upset about any perceived punishments or non punishments. I just want to have fun in the game is all
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote:
    if you don't like proc sets DO NOT USE THEM

This is the epigram of the whole situation

• Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    the bots is still there at Obsidian Gorge wayshrine
    lol we reported them so many times
    now its different names but same path anyway

its already half a year like bots are there

and ZOS doesnt care about them
    i will not report them this time

its pointless
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Metal10957 wrote: »
    I say join the Horde... no hacking in WoW :)

Before this thread I have not heard anyone mention a cheat. Xbox One

erm ur in the wrong game bro...or wrong forums at least...and how long have u played wow to say is not hacked? I can assure you I did for over 7 years and it was a time where my acc got hacked 4 times every week so pls... slap urself... also Alliance FTW!
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we admit that having multiple characters in the same campaign from different factions is an exploit?

I see a yellow guild on, then an hour later they are all on blue taking a resource.... but oh wait, it's a 1 v 20 defense that the 1 yellow (who is also in the same guild wins.... like 18x in an hour).

Half your emperors are using exploits, do you even care?
    Multiple characters from different factions but the same account in the same campaign is implemented specifically by ZOS in their ongoing effort to kill the Alliance War.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheating/Exploiting on Consoles. Use a Action like "Sit on chair" and walk with the Animation. In this time you can stack the deadly snipe. 3 to 4 arrows bombs at the enemy within 0,5 Seconds. Instand dead and no reaction possible. Fix this ZOS. This is a no go.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it ZOS that this is your answer when you observe someone cheating.

"Please also be aware that you can add players whose behavior you find objectionable to the ignore list. To do this, open your contacts list (default: O) and click on the "No Entry" icon in the upper right corner. Now you have the option to add players. You can also do this by right-clicking on a player's name and choosing "Ignore". Once this is done, messages from the player in question will no longer be able to reach you."

I reported 2 players that were phasing in and out of a wall keep and this was what I get back. "Ignore them"
    I also saw the player, that was publicly exposed on a video doing the same thing, still playing a week later.
    The players that were banned from cheating were allowed back with no real punishment.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were taken 1 after the other. They had done this for several min before I had shown up. They would pop out and attack a person and, then hide back in the wall if one of them died to rez the other one.

mHtIrXc.png
    dQ7nfdE.png

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by kyle.wilson on December 9, 2016 7:45PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, guys:
    How long does it ZOS usually take to... take action?
    Farm bots have finally made it to XBox One, and I have reported them already a few days ago, but they were still running around yesterday. I know it's weekend and stuff, but a rough estimation would help me decide whether or not to stomp on ZOS's feet while the support ticket is still open, ya know?
    (^_-)
    Edited by Lord-Otto on December 10, 2016 8:21PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    63312051.jpg
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x'DDD
    (still a terribly dusty meme - I'm ashamed of myself >.> )
    Edited by Lord-Otto on December 10, 2016 9:03PM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    63312051.jpg

People were not used to playing without some lag. Solution is to let bots in to not reduce the lag to much. As always working as intended.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭
    They should just 'Overwatch-Ban' the people they permanently ban xD

Permanent, for good. No recourse. Even if they buy another copy of the game; Banned.

Then we'd get to laugh in amusement when some of them come onto the forums to complain that they got banned and justify their cheating ways. And lets not forget the hilarious notion that some of them honestly think they can sue the company for banning them after breaking the ToS that they agreed too. XD
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit playing in August because of the impossibility to know for sure that my opponents were playing legit - and because of ZOS's crass we-can't-care-less attitude.

I let my sub run out in October.

Having some gaming time available around Christmas, I thought I might scratch the ESO itch and toon up again.
    I thought I'd dip a toe in the water and read the forums to see what's going on with Tamriel One and the rest.

Same old cheats and game-breaking bugs, it seems.

How disheartening.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    Quit playing in August because of the impossibility to know for sure that my opponents were playing legit - and because of ZOS's crass we-can't-care-less attitude.

I let my sub run out in October.

Having some gaming time available around Christmas, I thought I might scratch the ESO itch and toon up again.
    I thought I'd dip a toe in the water and read the forums to see what's going on with Tamriel One and the rest.

Same old cheats and game-breaking bugs, it seems.

How disheartening.

Nothing has changed.
    They quenched the initial fire caused by the fire torch mob uproar around Dark Brotherhood release with this here thread.

Meanwhile, more serious developers do this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OimzDPqDiA&t=1s
    I just had to post his video again.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS you really should have your admins post more in here to actually ensure us that you are reading this. Its been months since a real post from zos. Admins; not moderators saying don't name and shame. But, people that actually can do something.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_DaryaK, @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to go through the keep wall has do with lag and dc'ing, and relogging multiple times. in some such instances the palyer that is able to walk through walls doesnt even see the walls. they never render. it has happend to me sadly, and i am thankfull i wasnt banned
    Edited by Psychodellix on December 12, 2016 5:11PM
  • Preston
    Preston
    ✭✭
    Big group of EP managing to get on walls of BRK last night without sieging. They soon got melted but really? That many of you glitching onto the walls? Weak. So very weak. All of these cheaters need IP banning, guys can't play and lose and take it on the chin, so cheat then still lose. You guys have some growing up to do
    K'tin Vayen - AD PVP healer with s**t damage. Sometimes I poke things with my stabby sticks
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Is this thread officially dead now? haven't heard anything from you lately (how many month is it ago now?)

And btw... leaving this link here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3612279/

And this comment from an older thread:
    Shinni wrote: »
    From the settings.ini
    # This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
    # private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
    # If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
    Using the launcher allows you to write addons that are essentially bots. Automatic attacking, using skills etc.
    How is this not an exploit?
    Sounds like using the launcher is a sure way to get banned.

respectively:
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Shinni wrote: »
    From the settings.ini
    # This setting, when set to true, allows player created mods to use protected or
    # private Lua functions such as: SendChatMessage, ToggleMount, PerformAttack, etc.
    # If you change this setting, you must restart your game for it to take effect.
    Using the launcher allows you to write addons that are essentially bots. Automatic attacking, using skills etc.
    How is this not an exploit?
    Sounds like using the launcher is a sure way to get banned.

Hi Shinni,

A couple things. Firstly, this is set to false. More important however, the public version of ESO Launcher doesn't have the ability to do this even if you turn it on. As it says, it is a "GameModi Plus only feature," which Sorien hasn't even released. This means you have to pay money to subscribe and get a special version from him with this capability.

Elsewhere in the threads discussing this (I believe on Reddit), someone put in a ticket asking if using such graphical hooks was bannable, and the response was essentially "unless you use it to cheat then it's fine."

See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/268131/esoptimize-fog-removal-and-graphic-improvement/p1

Not so sure what the bold part exactly means, but if such a version exists (payed or not - and technically most likely not a hug thing to implement) it would certainly mean that the players who are using such "special" addons would have an advantage.

How about a statement here @ZOS?

We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has the gap closing exploit been fixed as I've seen the same guy on Xbox Eu some how get into charlman keep on the farm side wall
This discussion has been closed.