The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I am more unsure of this as time goes on, giving that there is conflicting statements being shown.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK
    Don't worry. The add-on API is designed specifically to allow add-ons to do what they do. Unless it's a bug, anything the API allows add-ons to do is legal and just fine.

Even if it automates and performs multiple actions with a single keystroke is a violation of our Terms of Service as said by Z0$ representative above. With so many downloads of addons that currently do this, i can assume it is safe to use, but i am wondering why over the course of 3 days and linking in Zo$ employees they haven't responded, busy time for them but i see they are on forums, just neglecting to post in this cheating topic.

The creator of Multicraft Addon explained how it worked in a response to this thread some time ago.
    The addon does not do anything automatically, nor does it perform multiple actions.
    It simply postpones the "end" command from happening until the character crafts X times.
    Eh, where is that response? Because that isn't how it works. It does a delayed call to the appropriate craft function, and then it catches the "completed" event when the crafting is done, decrements the craft count, and if there is more to do it does a another delayed call to the craft function to craft another one. It continues to do this, one at a time, until it is done.
    Options
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    m12d12_ESO wrote: »
    No Company, game, bank, online retail, or other is going to post how many hackers it expels or intercepts.

A well known company with a few games under their belt does that i know of. They are called Blizzard, with a worldwide reputation to take cheating seriously. Not only do they tell you how many got banned, they list the usernames also. I think this is great as it shows integrity and transparency to the player base. Something that Z0$ seriously lacks.

Just last week a well known user of CE, who was reported and 'banned' logged back on, after ~2 weeks. This is a disgrace and will only encourage more 3rd party cheating.

If players take the time to police a game, least the company could do was stick to there own TOS and have enough integrity to keep a permaban on a cheater. Rescinding this ban, for using 3rd party software, will simply attract more to cheating.

There are many gaming companies that post how many hacker/cheaters they remove from the game. Many do it on a quarterly schedule!
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    example what addons now can do!
    honestly im abit shocked ZOS allowed ability to add 3-d things to the world

1byc2f.jpg
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on October 7, 2016 8:22PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    example what addons now can do!
    honestly im abit shocked ZOS allowed ability to add 3-d things to the world

1byc2f.jpg
    Agreed, I was looking at that in another thread. That certainly seems excessive, and completely nullified the purpose of the Keen Eye passives.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Last night while I was playing, I noticed a player looping in a set pattern at the entrance of a quest cave. I thought they might have been waiting for someone to help them through the quest, but the failed to respond and as I waited I noticed that they were going through the same movements repeatedly. The character was in that same loop when I returned at the end of the quest.

Is this a type of Bot? I was thinking a bot couldn't get past the first levels but this character was well over 100. I thought about alerting the GMs that this soul might need some assistance getting out of that loop action, but not sure if the game is GM'ed live and certainly didn't want to get into trouble for reporting someone that was not doing a wrong...even if they were acting strangely.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @shadoza tha game havent GM's
    they told this they fired all GMs year ago and now its paradise for bots
    Options
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    @shadoza tha game havent GM's
    they told this they fired all GMs year ago and now its paradise for bots

Why would it have not GMs?

I still don't know, and likely never will, if this character was a bot in a loop or some who was stuck in a glitch. I suspect the former as must humans will not continuously go through the same moves for 20 minutes.
    Options
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    shadoza wrote: »
    I thought about alerting the GMs that this soul might need some assistance getting out of that loop action, but not sure if the game is GM'ed live and certainly didn't want to get into trouble for reporting someone that was not doing a wrong...even if they were acting strangely.
    If you see suspicious behavior, please report it. You won't get in trouble for reporting something that doesn't pan out. We do check out every report that comes in.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Options
    Staff Post
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    I thought about alerting the GMs that this soul might need some assistance getting out of that loop action, but not sure if the game is GM'ed live and certainly didn't want to get into trouble for reporting someone that was not doing a wrong...even if they were acting strangely.
    If you see suspicious behavior, please report it. You won't get in trouble for reporting something that doesn't pan out. We do check out every report that comes in.

Thank you for responding.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as i told - Molly was a moderator, probably she not even working with ZOS anymore
    and as i told she didnt know nothing about addons and api, she only knew TOS and her clue about what addons can do by public API is 0

so as i told i will not take her words into consideraton in this specific matter

Well, first off, I am happy to say that @ZOS_MollyH is still kicking around the ZOS offices. Or, at least someone who knows her forum password is. She logged on October 8. :smile:

Whether you choose to believe it or not, she is actually a representative of the company. As such, if she says something about the ToS or CoC, it is as if Firor himself came down and posted it in gold at the top of the forum.
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    If the add-on API allows you to do it and it's not a bug, it's completely legal. That's why the add-on API is designed.

A public API can be abused. Just because the API allows something to be done does not automatically give it carte blanche and exonerate it from ToS violations for all possible uses of the API. There is nothing at all in the ToS that says that anything done using the API is acceptable.

Just because you can do something does not make it right. That is why we have a ToS. The ToS sets the bounds of what people should be doing.

In the end, it does not matter how clever the author is about getting the add-on to work. What really matters is whether doing that violates the ToS. @ZOS_MollyH has made statements and stated that add-on automation, no matter how it is done, is a violation. As a representative of ZOS, that is the stance of ZOS, until someone else comes along and says something to add to, or contradict, that..

My hope is that, if they decide that certain add-ons are a violation of the ToS and need to be stopped, that they approach this by first forcing them to be disabled, and not allowing them to be loaded. This would send the message, and they could then discipline the people who don't get the message.

Certainly, @ZOS_AlanG did not shed any additional light on the issue. :neutral: I really did not expect him to, on a Sunday, but I did get excited for a moment.
    if you know nothing about how addons works, please hold yourself from false accusations forever

For the record, I do know how add-ons work. As a matter of fact, I have been known to modify automation add-ons to remove the automation, while leaving the "less useful" parts untouched.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DeclaredJester
    This weekend, on scourge XB1 NA (yes I ventured back in to see if ZOS reacted to any of the reports I filed.. they didn't) We saw (5 of us) a single enemy player, first fighting inside our keep, then taking one of our ressources. The trick was, his lifebar would go to 0, where eg. you couldn't focus on him with radiant destruction (AOEs still showed as dealing damage), then his life would go back up and when hit, back down to 0 again.

This God mode thing went on for about 10 minutes, after which he departed. I know three of the players there reported him, but I have no hopes that this will get looked into. If players can become invicible and singlehit kill you with 5 stacked "emote" hits, whats the point of PVP? Also.. What's the point of the Stormproof title? I never claimed to have any kind of skills, but at least I'm not using cheats and only cheeses (cheese-beam).

Naming and shaming thing prohibits naming him here, but I would go as far as to say that if this exploit works on XB1 (which it does), I'm pretty sure it works on the other platforms too.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Macro users are ruling.
    I noticed 2 macro users while dueling.
    The funny thing is that one of them was about to die and was quite bad and all the sudden he used entropy<light attack<curse<force pulse<crystal fragments(+ice comet in the right moment) in impossible speed.
    I reported them.
    Edited by Universe on October 11, 2016 8:20PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this include repeatedly reporting bots and submitting video evidence and then watching when no action is taken and they continue to macro harvesting?

It doesn't seem that action on bots and such are handled in any manner at the moment.
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this include repeatedly reporting bots and submitting video evidence and then watching when no action is taken and they continue to macro harvesting?

It doesn't seem that action on bots and such are handled in any manner at the moment.

For the first time since the 9th, the bot is missing and it seems my twitch videos have finally been viewed. Not what I would call timely, however it does appear that some action has finally been taken.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    do not raise false hope
    bot will back, you will see
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time since the 9th, the bot is missing and it seems my twitch videos have finally been viewed. Not what I would call timely, however it does appear that some action has finally been taken.

I would not assume that ZOS took any action just because the bot is not there anymore. They might have reached a harvesting goal and moved to another location to farm a different resource, or even moved their attention to a different game for a while. You might find them some day in the future, or at another location.

I think that it is more likely that the bot runner simply stopped farming at the location you saw them.
    Options
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating is definitely still alive and well in the game. Just last night (10/12/16) a guild member had seen another player in Craglorn moving unbelievably fast on foot and farming crafting nodes so quickly they didn't have to crouch down to harvest. The guild member wasn't able to get a screen shot because they couldn't keep up with the cheater even thought they were sprinting with rapids while mounted. I really enjoy the game and have been playing since beta but the cheating is by far the most discouraging thing for me. The next most discouraging thing is not feeling like there is any serious effort to stop it.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on October 13, 2016 4:34PM
    Options
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Cheating is definitely still alive and well in the game. Just last night (10/12/16) a guild member had seen another player in Craglorn moving unbelievably fast on foot and farming crafting nodes so quickly they didn't have to crouch down to harvest. The guild member wasn't able to get a screen shot because they couldn't keep up with the cheater even thought they were sprinting with rapids while mounted. I really enjoy the game and have been playing since beta but the cheating is by far the most discouraging thing for me. The next most discouraging thing is not feeling like there is any serious effort to stop it.

Last night, I witnessed a node disappearing without anyone being close to it. Later, in the same area, I noticed the name of a player moving under the ground...moving too fast for me to catch an image or I would have. I was on the map for more than two hours and only found 2 plants the entire time. Frustrating when one needs plants for a short quest (crafting).
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevermind. The bot is back in the same spot and continues to farm.

Zenimax is failing here and badly.
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There are threads on the forums here about bots, I've personally submitted video proof dating back to October 9th and no action has been taken to stop these macro'ers and botters. These players are allowed to continue to do these things with no action taken and it is damaging the economy, the faith the players have in ZOS, and destroying any will players have to report these.

Players are policing the game for you, for gods sake. Take some action.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I witnessed a node disappearing without anyone being close to it. Later, in the same area, I noticed the name of a player moving under the ground...moving too fast for me to catch an image or I would have. I was on the map for more than two hours and only found 2 plants the entire time. Frustrating when one needs plants for a short quest (crafting).

Situations like this are probably players using CE and farming from below the ground. Just ignore them and move on. Works for ZOS.
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Macro users are ruling.
    The funny thing is that one of them was about to die and was quite bad and all the sudden he used entropy<light attack<curse<force pulse<crystal fragments(+ice comet in the right moment) in impossible speed.
    I reported them.

Don't even need to see what happend to know that you are wrong. You can't pass global coldowns with a macro, so whatever you can do with a macro, you can do it without it. A macro don't make your casting times "faster" or remove the global coldown. At best, it can help you to be more consistent with your combos.

Macros are not a problem in this game, cheats are.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Macro users are ruling.
    I reported them.

Don't even need to see what happend to know that you are wrong. You can't pass global coldowns with a macro, so whatever you can do with a macro, you can do it without it. A macro don't make your casting times "faster" or remove the global coldown. At best, it can help you to be more consistent with your combos.

Macros are a problem, just not this problem. I am pretty sure that people are using them make weapon swapping more effective.
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macro users are ruling.
    I reported them.

Macros are a problem, just not this problem. I am pretty sure that people are using them make weapon swapping more effective.

Nothing you can't do without a macro an a bit of practice. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that using macros is ok, but if you can't beat me in a fight, a macro won't change the outcome . PvP is not about how fast you press buttons
    A macro is more useful for static PvE rotations than for PvP
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macro users are ruling.
    I reported them.

Nothing you can't do without a macro an a bit of practice. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that using macros is ok, but if you can't beat me in a fight, a macro won't change the outcome . PvP is not about how fast you press buttons

Combined with a speedhack or a program like Cheat Engine, yes you can. And people are naive if they only see Razer/Logitech sofware when talking about macros.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Macro users are ruling.
    I reported them.

Combined with a speedhack or a program like Cheat Engine, yes you can. And people are naive if they only see Razer/Logitech sofware when talking about macros.

I don't think CE is as much of a thing anymore. Macros mixed with proc sets & broken combos are more common than 3rd party software. ZOS has lost my support at this time. After the list of bugs I am happily taking a break. Macros can out preform 90% of most ESO players abilitys, some are gifted players most are one button heros. Miss you erw
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
    Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There are threads on the forums here about bots, I've personally submitted video proof dating back to October 9th and no action has been taken to stop these macro'ers and botters. These players are allowed to continue to do these things with no action taken and it is damaging the economy, the faith the players have in ZOS, and destroying any will players have to report these.

Players are policing the game for you, for gods sake. Take some action.

He is still there. Here's a picture. Go do something.

ardyEU4.png

Can't find him? He's right here.

XmGkazp.png
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think CE is as much of a thing anymore.

LOL

About 3/4 weeks ago a well known player, cant name and shame, he won a dueling tourney PC EU, was banned for using CE. A lot knew he was anyway. guess what?, he was suspended for 2 weeks and is now back playing.

2+ Years of CE being available for usage in ESO and Z0$ stated ~50 people banned? Must of got them all /sarcasm.

So players caught using 3rd party programs being allowed back in game?. Ask yourself this, will this encourage or discourage such behavior?

Are we seeing more bots/multiboxing or less? Look at the forums, more and more reports of both these actions taken place.

Reason this is on an increase is because Z0$ have shown themselves to be incompetent to address and solve the problem, even when player police the game for them and email them all the evidence they need.

I could go into specifics why Cheat Engine is actually on the rise but why waste time. My post will probably be censored in the guise of breaking some rule, all in an effort to cover up incompetent behavior.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we seeing more bots/multiboxing or less? Look at the forums, more and more reports of both these actions taken place.

I have been in and out of delves for the last few days killing bosses. No bots have stood out. They are all performing human activities. The only possible place where it would be hard to tell is in one delve where the boss seems to respawn instantly. There, the time between spawns is not enough for a human to get bored and wander around. Bots don't wander.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Macro users are ruling.
    I reported them.

I don't think CE is as much of a thing anymore. Macros mixed with proc sets & broken combos are more common than 3rd party software. ZOS has lost my support at this time. After the list of bugs I am happily taking a break. Macros can out preform 90% of most ESO players abilitys, some are gifted players most are one button heros. Miss you erw

Well it's not only CE. Nowadays there are new kids on the block. But indeed the Macro combos are alive and healthy, but with shiny new features. A player I stealthed up on from afar and behind threw a skill at me as my Dark Flare just launched. The new Macros can fight for you, don't even need 12 buttons on a mouse. Miss you too Anti!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.