The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheating and Exploits

• Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a lot of people running around in the ground and able to pop into castles without taking the walls down. They run under the front doors and kill the NPCs and then go back into the ground and cannot be attacked.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of people running around in the ground and able to pop into castles without taking the walls down. They run under the front doors and kill the NPCs and then go back into the ground and cannot be attacked.
    Y'all know Cheat Engine still works just fine with ESO, right?
    dry.gif
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    dry.gif

Sure, some things are detected now. others aren't. But yes, cheating is certainly possible w/o detection.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    dry.gif

Sure, some things are detected now. others aren't. But yes, cheating is certainly possible w/o detection.

This is on PS4. Does cheat engine work on consoles? I don't know much about it.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dry.gif

This is on PS4. Does cheat engine work on consoles? I don't know much about it.

I'm not a console owner, so I have no idea about the state on console.
    But technically seen:
    If you are capable of running your own application on the device and if these applications are allowed to access (read / write) the memory of other applications, CE respectively something similar (I don't think a Windows binary will run on a console) would be possible.
    But I'm not aware of how easy it is to do this or if it has been done.
    I guess rooting a console to run your own applications is possible (at least from time to time). So technically it would be possible (but might be a lot of work for the author of such a tool) but I doubt cheating this way has been seen on console often (if at all), but I might be wrong.
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on December 21, 2016 10:20AM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • surreal-Sicilian
    Are you planning to implement this across the board? From the exp farmers to the bot farmers? Or just the exp farmers because you more than likely have your hands in the gold farmers' pockets. Did that hit too close to home?
    Edited by surreal-Sicilian on December 30, 2016 6:25PM
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been spotting more and more people camping around anchors only doing heavy staff attacks lately. It's killing my fps. I've reported some of them but I just get told to tell Sony or add them to ignore which wouldn't help even if I was on PC. I'm not sure what you call them ...exp farmers? Bots? I don't know but they're getting annoying.

Below are all from vulkal guard anchor since lots of them are there every day. All of them continue to hold down heavy attacks even when the anchor drops.

2qv5utz.jpg
    hvs4dj.jpg

Edit: Brighter pic
    2m4ozva.jpg
    Edited by Cerbolt on January 4, 2017 10:54PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen this first time yesterday in a PvE duel (a 561 CP sorc against a 561 CP sword/board), and I'm not sure if it's cheating or an exploit going on, but very suspicious of it so. It is the buff skill of the sorc I have in question. I watched about 5 iterations of the duel between these two, and each is won by the sorc within probably no more than 15-20 seconds each bout. At the start of each bout, the sorc would do something or probably some kind a buff that buffs his health from 20k to 26k. Other than blue food that you can get 5500-ish more health, I don't know any thing that will quickly buff your health that much for a short period of time.

Each round, the sorc first buffs up his health, then pommels the sword and board within the 15-20 seconds (without losing much on his health bar, mind you) and his health goes back to 20k after the end of each round. Granted, the sword and board dude was a trooper and kept dueling with the sorc over and over again. Also, each round, I can see the sword/board switching to another skill, but cannot seem to put a dent on that sorc.

In keeping with this forum's policy and not to name and shame the sorc, I can, at least, describe somewhat of what he looks like, if any ever ran into a duel with him before or will. Not sure what class, but he was wearing an all white robe (something like an ancient male Greek or Roman or a Greek/Roman god would wear), and he is taller that most. Besides a staff (not sure what type), he was also using duel blades (not sure which, though.) That is the best I can do.

Again, not sure if some kind of cheating going on, but yes, you can take a health food that would buff you for an hour or two. If he was using such, then why would his health then just go back to 20k at the end of each short fight bout? You can remove an effect, but why would someone eat food and buff up health that would last an hour or two, and then just remove such effort and waste the food effect? I'm also wondering what other advantages he would be getting from that buff, that the other sword/board couldn't put a dent on the sorc's health in any of those bouts.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dry.gif

Yeah, I'm watching vMA how-to youtube clips and wondering myself how lots of 16-18k health toons (mostly sorc) can go through every single of the 9 stages (non-death runs) without their health bar barely getting dented. Same with some clips showing no-death completions of vet trials. Not saying it can't be done, but surely not so easily that it looks like it is just a walk in a park for an otherwise vet level grueling event. I have since taken a break from vMA, but when I was going through it, I was getting ripped in every single round all the way to the end; no matter how much shield effect, vigor or rally I was throwing up.
  • zigzagzen
    zigzagzen
    ✭✭
    Apparently Ebon heart has the best posion, hit by a ravage magicka poison with a duration of 40700_ days, even death didn't clear it.....WTF
  • derStreuner
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I seen this first time yesterday in a PvE duel (a 561 CP sorc against a 561 CP sword/board), and I'm not sure if it's cheating or an exploit going on, but very suspicious of it so. It is the buff skill of the sorc I have in question. I watched about 5 iterations of the duel between these two, and each is won by the sorc within probably no more than 15-20 seconds each bout. At the start of each bout, the sorc would do something or probably some kind a buff that buffs his health from 20k to 26k. Other than blue food that you can get 5500-ish more health, I don't know any thing that will quickly buff your health that much for a short period of time.

Each round, the sorc first buffs up his health, then pommels the sword and board within the 15-20 seconds (without losing much on his health bar, mind you) and his health goes back to 20k after the end of each round. Granted, the sword and board dude was a trooper and kept dueling with the sorc over and over again. Also, each round, I can see the sword/board switching to another skill, but cannot seem to put a dent on that sorc.

In keeping with this forum's policy and not to name and shame the sorc, I can, at least, describe somewhat of what he looks like, if any ever ran into a duel with him before or will. Not sure what class, but he was wearing an all white robe (something like an ancient male Greek or Roman or a Greek/Roman god would wear), and he is taller that most. Besides a staff (not sure what type), he was also using duel blades (not sure which, though.) That is the best I can do.

Again, not sure if some kind of cheating going on, but yes, you can take a health food that would buff you for an hour or two. If he was using such, then why would his health then just go back to 20k at the end of each short fight bout? You can remove an effect, but why would someone eat food and buff up health that would last an hour or two, and then just remove such effort and waste the food effect? I'm also wondering what other advantages he would be getting from that buff, that the other sword/board couldn't put a dent on the sorc's health in any of those bouts.

I think this could be the plague-doctor armour, it adds up to 8k health when gold. Maybe he runs it on one bar only
  • Ishtar
    Ishtar
    ✭✭

I think this could be the plague-doctor armour, it adds up to 8k health when gold. Maybe he runs it on one bar only

sounds for me like hes getting the pvp buff of 5k hp which you get in a duel
    @Dareni cp: 890
    • Lorenina Sorc Highelf EP
    • Nymphadona Templar Breton EP
    • Dareni NB Bosmer EP
    • Nanduri DK Dunmer EP
    • Nalysia Templar Imperial EP
    • Selanor Sorc Bosmer EP
    • Darení NB Dunmer EP
    • Egereni DK Redguard EP
    • Lord Dareni Templar Bosmer EP
    • Darenì DK Bosmer EP

Necrotic Lagg
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may be right. Now that I think about it. He has a DW and staff. I wonder if his front is staff and back bar is DW. With DW, you have 12 slots for armor/jewelries/weapons. So, he could have 2x 5-pieces (PD as one set) and the Skoria 2-piece set (he was procing the meteor.) I can see having all 5 PD pieces on the DW, but since the staff counts as duel-slotted, you only get 11 slots. So, when his is on the staff bar, it is likely he doesn't have all 5-pieces of the PD (so his health is 20k), but when he switch over to the DW, the 5-pieces PD buffs him up to almost 27k. That is doable.. That is interesting, now that I think about it. Plus, I didn't mention it before, this is on console, and what I understand, it is harder to do/install CE on console, versus on PC.

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may be right. Now that I think about it. He has a DW and staff. I wonder if his front is staff and back bar is DW. With DW, you have 12 slots for armor/jewelries/weapons. So, he could have 2x 5-pieces (PD as one set) and the Skoria 2-piece set (he was procing the meteor.) I can see having all 5 PD pieces on the DW, but since the staff counts as duel-slotted, you only get 11 slots. So, when his is on the staff bar, it is likely he doesn't have all 5-pieces of the PD (so his health is 20k), but when he switch over to the DW, the 5-pieces PD buffs him up to almost 27k. That is doable.. That is interesting, now that I think about it. Plus, I didn't mention it before, this is on console, and what I understand, it is harder to do/install CE on console, versus on PC.

... You get 5k health from Battle spirit as soon as the duel starts. Everyone does.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    I've been spotting more and more people camping around anchors only doing heavy staff attacks lately. It's killing my fps. I've reported some of them but I just get told to tell Sony or add them to ignore which wouldn't help even if I was on PC. I'm not sure what you call them ...exp farmers? Bots? I don't know but they're getting annoying.

Below are all from vulkal guard anchor since lots of them are there every day. All of them continue to hold down heavy attacks even when the anchor drops.

2qv5utz.jpg
    hvs4dj.jpg

Edit: Brighter pic
    2m4ozva.jpg

Oh yeah, I actually stopped going to that dolmen. Wonder if they are still there spamming those heavy staff attacks.

Also, during the New Life Festival, in Grahtwood where you go talk to that guy to donate to the orphans, there was always a big group to the right (after you roll from the wayshrine) just spamming attacks on an NPC/sorc. It was just non-stop and humorous. I think it was those two random NPC/sorcs that attack each other, but eventually one gets kills by the other (if you don't intervene.) Yet, during this big group spamming session, I can see one of the NPC/sorc being attacked non-stop by the group, and the NPC/sorc would not die. His health would repeatedly regenerate as the group repeatedly spamming attacks on him. Not sure if it was a glitch thing going on or those toons were actual bunch of bots there. I usually pass by and ignore them.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the cheat engine is alive and well, seen a player in Craglorn near a semi remote way shrine jumping way up in the air and back down like Mario Brothers, where's that auto detect, was not working there it seems, once the player seen me he stopped, reported him/her for what it is worth.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... You get 5k health from Battle spirit as soon as the duel starts. Everyone does.

Ahhh.. ok. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense, then. I'm not a duelist or ever paid attention to the start of a duel, except this one struck my interest when his health buffed from 20k to almost 27k in an instance, then went back down right after the duel ended.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, I actually stopped going to that dolmen. Wonder if they are still there spamming those heavy staff attacks.

Also, during the New Life Festival, in Grahtwood where you go talk to that guy to donate to the orphans, there was always a big group to the right (after you roll from the wayshrine) just spamming attacks on an NPC/sorc. It was just non-stop and humorous. I think it was those two random NPC/sorcs that attack each other, but eventually one gets kills by the other (if you don't intervene.) Yet, during this big group spamming session, I can see one of the NPC/sorc being attacked non-stop by the group, and the NPC/sorc would not die. His health would repeatedly regenerate as the group repeatedly spamming attacks on him. Not sure if it was a glitch thing going on or those toons were actual bunch of bots there. I usually pass by and ignore them.

I remember seeing something like that as well near the new life fishing holes in shadowfen. Except the sorc did die but he immediately respawned. I could barely look at them without my fps dropping, it was like watching a slide show :D I just figured it was because they messed with respawn timers since they knew more people would be going past them and people took advantage.

Oh and the heavy attack spammers are still there. I did get a good laugh on one of my new alts though.
    244widu.jpg
    Edited by Cerbolt on January 7, 2017 6:49PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that they still did not really fix the CE problem, a friend was bored, stared CE and apparently the game did not care that he had 100000 health and insta healed...

I mean, I seriously do not care if someone care if someone cheats (at least in PVE, PVP is another story...) but how can it be that someone cheats so.... obviously and nothing happens? :unamused:

Screenshot_2017_01_08_22_08_29.png
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just cheat engine, just like the twice born star multiple mundus cheat, there are still many active cheats with gearsets. It is possible to get five piece gear set bonus while not even wearing that set for many armor sets!
    I've tried telling Zenimax until I'm blue in the face but if they don't want to listen or teach their programmers how to create a proper list I'm done repeating myself.
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 9, 2017 4:33AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For single player games (on console), such as GTA, Assassin's Creed, Saint Row, The Witcher, etc., that was the fun thing to do. You find ways and cheat codes from youtube or the game info websites to boost your health, get tons more money and awesome weapons and armors, jump over building, fly with a tank, etc., but that's single player. You're not affecting anybody else. In ESO/MMO, since there are multi-players, using CE or other cheating methods is comparable to real life athlete/pro-athletes, weight lifters, UFC fighters and such, taking steroids or other performance enhancing drugs in the efforts to get one up on opponents or significantly boost their performance. Likewise, in ESO, they are cheating others and not just themselves.

In ESO, it can be awesome if only used just to benefit oneself against PvE contents, such as vet dungeons and even vMA (which I highly suspect some are using on those youtube clips showing the no-death, flawless conqueror runs where the toons were not even getting scratched on their health throughout all those stages.) However, only if they do not use CE to benefit against another normal players who are good citizens and following rules (which, unfortunately, have been rampantly occurring in PvP for PC and a few notables to emerge in console, that I understand.) How fun it would be to blaze through vMA using a DK, over and over again, without getting a scratch and not feeling your blood pressure rise or wanting to throw your console out of the window.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on January 9, 2017 2:47PM
  • DeaconFrost
    DeaconFrost
    ✭✭
    Getting old trying to down a templar or DK (*ahem* Draconis) while there's 5-10 people on them dropping ults and their health hardly moves.......
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    It's not just cheat engine, just like the twice born star multiple mundus cheat, there are still many active cheats with gearsets. It is possible to get five piece gear set bonus while not even wearing that set for many armor sets!
    I've tried telling Zenimax until I'm blue in the face but if they don't want to listen or teach their programmers how to create a proper list I'm done repeating myself.

I know . Some people even post videos and you can see them using the exploit . ZOS does not care to take action . They only take action when someone blows up the whole server and word gets out on Reddit and MMORPG.com . Lip service is all we get . Banned players get off with warnings and it's easy if not for them to just pick up another account . Bots level accounts for cheap .

Best to just let it go . Fighting a uphill battle for game meant to be fun is stupid .
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems their is a spate of Nightblades using ambush to get into keeps but does Zos deal with anything on here nope
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »

I remember seeing something like that as well near the new life fishing holes in shadowfen. Except the sorc did die but he immediately respawned. I could barely look at them without my fps dropping, it was like watching a slide show :D I just figured it was because they messed with respawn timers since they knew more people would be going past them and people took advantage.

Oh and the heavy attack spammers are still there. I did get a good laugh on one of my new alts though.
    244widu.jpg

Btw how did you get such good colors in game o.o
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭

I know . Some people even post videos and you can see them using the exploit . ZOS does not care to take action . They only take action when someone blows up the whole server and word gets out on Reddit and MMORPG.com . Lip service is all we get . Banned players get off with warnings and it's easy if not for them to just pick up another account . Bots level accounts for cheap .

Best to just let it go . Fighting a uphill battle for game meant to be fun is stupid .

You mean they won't go to page 62 of this thread and take action on what's reported!!

They hide the complaints of cheats in plain sight in this thread so they go away to die unfortunately.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have gone ahead and removed several posts that were detracting from the main topic. Please keep your posts civil and constructive. Also Posting videos in an attempt to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation is a violation of our naming and shaming rule. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the forums.

Unfortunately in game reporting doesn't work. Give us an alternative that works, otherwise you are just enabling exploiters and cheaters with posts like this...

We need a more productive and efficient way to report things like this.

Perhaps it should go the way of animation cancelling and they can call it a feature? :P
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »

You mean they won't go to page 62 of this thread and take action on what's reported!!

They hide the complaints of cheats in plain sight in this thread so they go away to die unfortunately.

Oh don't worry, if you be the least bit mean, they will see it and delete it. Even on page 62.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I report players on PS4 who are share-playing VMA (account sharing)? People who can't complete the content, should not have the weapon!
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »
    Btw how did you get such good colors in game o.o

Well I play on a ps4 pro, that could be it. I don't have hdr or 4k though so I don't know. I always figured it was just the console default since we can't change settings xD
    AD - For the Queen!

This discussion has been closed.