Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• LordDragos
    LordDragos
    ✭✭
    PLEASE REMOVE THE SKIN AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE PEOPLE THAT CHEATED IN VMAW.

IT IS COMPLETELY BS THAT MY FRIENDS AND TEAM HAVE SPENT MONTHS LEARNING AND COMPLETING VMAW AND LEARNING HARD MODE AND PEOPLE CHEAT TO GET IT, THEY NEED TO LOOSE THEIR SKINS AND GET BANNED HOW LONG YOUR CALL BUT NO SKINS FOR CHEATERS.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN IS TO DISRESPECT THE TIME AND EFFORTS OF ESO MOST DEDICATED PLAYERS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA
    @ZOS_JasonI
    @ZOS_TristanK
    Imperial Dragonknight Tank - EP
    Breton Magic Nightblade - EP
    Breton Templar Healer/DPS - EP
    Imperial Stamina Nightbalde - EP
    Imperial Templar Tank - DC
    High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Imperial Stam Sorcere - DC
    Dunmer Dragonknight - EP

GT: iMak0
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now.

Is this why sometimes the ultimate and potion buttons feel a bit unresponsive in the middle of a battle now compared to a few months ago?

Most likely, yes.
    Trottz wrote: »
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    We are getting close to the 1 year anniversary of the fallout with CE, and absolutely nothing has been done.

Your max health, magicka and stamina, resource pools, recovery values, damage numbers, ultimate, and every other stat you see in your character sheet are on the server side of the gameplay.

The guy on the previous page is wrong. His friend can try to increase his max health value to 100K all he wants, he'll still die when his original health value is gone. He can increase his max stamina locally to 300K, his attacks are still going to hit as if he had 30K, and his abilities are going to stop working when his stamina bar is 90% depleted. He can freeze his ultimate value, but all he'd be doing is trick his client. The only thing he would be doing is make it harder to know when his ultimate is back up, because that value is on the server side too.

CE is not the big problem some people are making it out to be. ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now.

Source: I read

Lol Maybe you missed Zazeer's videos . Mario jumping around Cyrodiil , Flying , Unlimited ultimates ... Maybe some people know how to use CE better then others .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucv5uUsxorA

Maybe you should finish reading my post. "ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now." That is an old video. Go ahead and mess with your ultimate value and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now. Try increasing your movement speed and watch yourself get auto-banned.

what the bloot clot are you defending? this game is just a broken exploit race. what the fudge, man. what the fudge. sad to see cyro as the vain kindergarten it is.

I'm defending the developers where it is appropriate. Yes, ESO is a mess, and if you read my history or knew me in-game you would know that I'm always complaining or whining on about some issue. ESO is however not a mess because of memory editing, and it's bothering me that something that stopped being an issue a long time ago is still getting so much attention from a community who still thinks it's running rampant.

@Isbilen you lied
    i just read some forums in the internet and CE still working and values are client side and still without server checks or trust

- Zenimax reverted the change AGAIN sometime during the past few months
    - They are talking about something else
    - They are writing it from outdated information
    - They are wrong

It's one of those, although I don't want to be the one checking which, as I'm not looking for a ban.

Dubhliam wrote: »
    We are getting close to the 1 year anniversary of the fallout with CE, and absolutely nothing has been done.

Your max health, magicka and stamina, resource pools, recovery values, damage numbers, ultimate, and every other stat you see in your character sheet are on the server side of the gameplay.

The guy on the previous page is wrong. His friend can try to increase his max health value to 100K all he wants, he'll still die when his original health value is gone. He can increase his max stamina locally to 300K, his attacks are still going to hit as if he had 30K, and his abilities are going to stop working when his stamina bar is 90% depleted. He can freeze his ultimate value, but all he'd be doing is trick his client. The only thing he would be doing is make it harder to know when his ultimate is back up, because that value is on the server side too.

CE is not the big problem some people are making it out to be. ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now.

Source: I read

Lol Maybe you missed Zazeer's videos . Mario jumping around Cyrodiil , Flying , Unlimited ultimates ... Maybe some people know how to use CE better then others .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucv5uUsxorA

Maybe you should finish reading my post. "ZOS made the game stop trusting the client for the values that were causing the biggest issues a long time ago now." That is an old video. Go ahead and mess with your ultimate value and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Every ultimate button press requests the value from the server now. Try increasing your movement speed and watch yourself get auto-banned.

Maybe , I would not know as I've never tried an exploit or used a third party program . I was told there was a new version of CE with a working work around . I gave up caring after watching everyone return from prior bans . I walk into Cyrodiil knowing the risks and as a player with no control over cheating .

My confidence in ZOS's CE dedication is about as high as my confidence in politics .

ESO doesn't detect Cheat Engine, and there is plenty of software that can do the same as Cheat Engine. In fact, CE is open-source, so bypassing detection isn't usually much of a challenge.

When that video was made, the server trusted the players local client for their ultimate value. That meant that a cheater could find the address storing their ultimate value in their client and change it to what number they wanted, and freeze it there without the server questioning it.

It wasn't like that in the beginning, which leads me to believe it was part of an attempt to alleviate some of the lag by reducing the stuff going on on the server. After the CE debacle, that was reverted, and the client once again had to check with the server to get the real ultimate value.

When the client relies on the server for it's real values, Cheat Engine is simply incapable of changing these values. When you freeze a value, it will look like your ultimate is filled, but the ultimate ability will only go off one time, because it is reduced back to 0 on the server. When the player hits the ultimate button again, the client - even though it says the ultimate is ready - will check with the server to see if it's okay to cast the ability. In order to hack ones ultimate value, one would have to sit down with a tool like Cheat Engine on the computer that the server is running on.
    Edited by Isbilen on January 30, 2017 8:28PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weekend just gone. Alessia Bridge on TF. Myself and another player were chasing an enemy player. He/she jumped over the side of the bridge. Before I knew what was happening, both of us were pulled up & over the side of the bridge, landing in the water below. None of us died, including the enemy player who managed to escape.
    Uncertain whether this was a cheat or exploit. Posted here anyway.

Another odd death today at Chalman Keep. On the 2nd story inner, hit by javelin, knocked back away from the edge. While laying stunned on the ground, I was pulled up & over the edge and was killed off by falling death. The only skills showing in the recap were javelin & fall damage. Since when can a javelin pick you up & pull you over like that? Another couple of players had exactly the same thing, one was attached to siege at the time.

Death recap showed multiple hits by javelin & fall damage.

Edit 02/02/2017.

Same thing today at Aleswell. Up on the first floor of the keep, hit by Javelin, knocked backed onto the metal grate section. Pulled through the upper floor, landing down by the main door (almost lodged in the door) before my character had a chance to get up off the floor.
    Death recap shows:
    Fall damage 15.7k
    Daedric mine 2.4k
    Poision injection 2.8k
    Absorb magicka 1.27k
    heavy attack (shock) 1.2k
    As far as I am aware, none of the above abilities can pull you any where.
    Edited by phairdon on February 1, 2017 9:37PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating is out of control in ESO right now. It reminds me of the months just prior to when CE exploded and Zos was finally forced to temporarily address the problem.

Something seems to be wrong with the global cooldown, or what can be animation cancelled.

I hit a well known NB (can't say who but he drives a Subaru) and knocked him down with incap strike. He immediately appeared far away at another target and 1 shot them. I didn't even believe it was the same player. I had to review my footage to believe it. But it was.

It CAN'T POSSIBLY be lag because the total amount of time that passed between when I knocked him down (initiated by my attack which didn't lag) and when he attacked the other person was less than needed for breakfree+animations+gapclose,etc.

The player cannot begin to break free until after he is CC'd, so we can take the moment of CC as a starting point for the analysis. If too many things happened in a window of time after the CC than should have been possible, that's a problem.

I then fought a stamsorc that I also knocked down and INSTANTLY he was upright and killed me with Reverse slice in less than the amount of time a single break free animation requires. I saw his character go horizontal and then back vertical and kill me. There was no actual break free animation, nor was there an Executioner animation. In perhaps 1/2 of a second he got knocked down, broke free, rose, reverse slice, and killed me. It was as fast as returned damage on a blazing shield.

Again, this cannot be "lag" because the starting point for the analysis is the act of being knocked down.

Finally, I can't prove this last one isn't lag, but I've started (recently) being hit by multiple attacks (not ticks) of biting jabs in under a second. This has become a frequent thing. Yesterday I got hit by 3 separate 7k biting jabs attacks (21k damage) in under 1 second when the tooltip for a single attack says it should take 1.1 seconds.

Look we all know there is cheating in this game AND we all know that people have always said there wasn't. So, we don't really know what is possible. Not really.

I know there are debuggers and hacks that allow you to toggle buffs. I know there are ways to "stick" sets like Shadowwalker and HistBark so you can get the benefit from extra 5 piece sets. I know there are "scripts" that let you move freely between all the campaigns without any restriction. Hell, there are addons that are cheats in my opinion.

But I believe there is currently a way to cheat that either surpasses the global cooldown and/or allows you animation cancel things you previously couldn't like channeled attacks and break free.

You can cancel a channeled attack, but the damage should be cut along with the animation. I don't think it's far fetched to assume it might be possible for someone to cheat in a way that the damage doesn't get cut short.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN IS TO DISRESPECT THE TIME AND EFFORTS OF ESO MOST DEDICATED PLAYERS.

Nothing against that those Exploits are clearly against evry Rule and deserve a punishment.
    Also removing of the Skin...

But pls
    DISRESPECT THE TIME AND EFFORTS OF ESO MOST DEDICATED PLAYERS

You see Disrespect in any Form evrywhere =)
    And you arent the most Dedicated Player cause you finished a Trial on Hardmode and got a Skin, Lol...

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »

Nothing against that those Exploits are clearly against evry Rule and deserve a punishment.

But pls

And you arent the most Dedicated Player cause you finished a Trial on Hardmode and got a Skin, Lol...
    This has been happening with every issue since launch. Sorry to break it to you but most dedicated players means nothing.

Every exploit and bug which has been abused to date has allowed those who used it to get ahead of those in their field, they set the precedent it was fine to do these things until patched and that's the way most are going to continue to function.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Aiphaton wrote: »

But pls

This has been happening with every issue since launch. Sorry to break it to you but most dedicated players means nothing.

Every exploit and bug which has been abused to date has allowed those who used it to get ahead of those in their field, they set the precedent it was fine to do these things until patched and that's the way most are going to continue to function.

I quoted someone xD
    but was to lazy to use the quotes :)
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheating is out of control in ESO right now. It reminds me of the months just prior to when CE exploded and Zos was finally forced to temporarily address the problem.

Something seems to be wrong with the global cooldown, or what can be animation cancelled.

I hit a well known NB (can't say who but he drives a Subaru) and knocked him down with incap strike. He immediately appeared far away at another target and 1 shot them. I didn't even believe it was the same player. I had to review my footage to believe it. But it was.

It CAN'T POSSIBLY be lag because the total amount of time that passed between when I knocked him down (initiated by my attack which didn't lag) and when he attacked the other person was less than needed for breakfree+animations+gapclose,etc.

The player cannot begin to break free until after he is CC'd, so we can take the moment of CC as a starting point for the analysis. If too many things happened in a window of time after the CC than should have been possible, that's a problem.

I then fought a stamsorc that I also knocked down and INSTANTLY he was upright and killed me with Reverse slice in less than the amount of time a single break free animation requires. I saw his character go horizontal and then back vertical and kill me. There was no actual break free animation, nor was there an Executioner animation. In perhaps 1/2 of a second he got knocked down, broke free, rose, reverse slice, and killed me. It was as fast as returned damage on a blazing shield.

Again, this cannot be "lag" because the starting point for the analysis is the act of being knocked down.

Finally, I can't prove this last one isn't lag, but I've started (recently) being hit by multiple attacks (not ticks) of biting jabs in under a second. This has become a frequent thing. Yesterday I got hit by 3 separate 7k biting jabs attacks (21k damage) in under 1 second when the tooltip for a single attack says it should take 1.1 seconds.

Look we all know there is cheating in this game AND we all know that people have always said there wasn't. So, we don't really know what is possible. Not really.

I know there are debuggers and hacks that allow you to toggle buffs. I know there are ways to "stick" sets like Shadowwalker and HistBark so you can get the benefit from extra 5 piece sets. I know there are "scripts" that let you move freely between all the campaigns without any restriction. Hell, there are addons that are cheats in my opinion.

But I believe there is currently a way to cheat that either surpasses the global cooldown and/or allows you animation cancel things you previously couldn't like channeled attacks and break free.

You can cancel a channeled attack, but the damage should be cut along with the animation. I don't think it's far fetched to assume it might be possible for someone to cheat in a way that the damage doesn't get cut short.

I do this a lot on my stamsorc. You can breakfree and get an attack off in a quarter of a second. You can break before the animation plays on the other players screen with perfect timing, which as you can image some people have honed in to. Watch Kodi break free.

There is are legit ways to bypass global cooldowns. not at the fault of the player, but just a natural cause of combat mechanics. I'll give you one:

Dodge roll bypasses all instant cast cooldown mechanics. Example: you can't reverse slice 2 times in one second by spamming it. you can animation cancel it with block, but it still has a cooldown before casting it again. How to get around this..
    Reverse slice ---> block cancel ---> reverse slice + dodgeroll (almost at the same time)
    you can get the damage off faster than block casting by Skill + Dodge roll. When I was messing around with nb I could suprise attack and incap with no cooldown between with this method.
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    You can break before the animation plays on the other players screen

How can you break free before you know you need to break free? Lol

I'm so sick of people acting like we just started playing the game.

Been playing since launch. Suddenly after a couple of years everyone has insane dodge chance explained by "git gud". So nobody got good at dodge until like the orsinium or thieves guild patch or whenever it became a plague in pvp.

Now I'm being told that even though I caused the CC by my actions...Someone is legitimately reacting to it before the CC animation can even render on my screen.

Honestly, the PVP in this game will go down in history as a joke of exploits. I don't know if all the "git gud" enablers are also cheaters, just hero worshipping, or just like being contrarian.

But it doesn't matter. It's a joke, and the evidence of cheating is ALL OVER the internet for anyone that wants to research it.

We were all told there is no cheating in ESO and to git gud up to the day CE news went viral. And some people still think we are dumb enough to believe them.

Forget all the hacking forums online that show the history of cheats being developed. Forget what we think is cheating.

The meer fact that people seem to toggle on their "git gud" when needing an advantage to where they actually perform better 1vX (mitigation, dodge chance, etc) than when they fight in even fights....

The meer fact that we see new "phenomena" of gameplay after years of playing the game...

Suggests that those saying there is no cheating and to git gud are feeding us a load of crap.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Just a post to let you know we've removed a few posts from the thread. We understand people will have different views on the subject regarding the possible exploits in the game, but we have to ask that you post your views in a respectful manner to avoid the posts coming off as flaming. Please keep in mind that flaming is against the Forum Rules as it only leads to a heated derailment of a thread.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to elaborate on "toggle on" cheating.

There are players that you can encounter in group play (X vs X) during prime time hours where they take normal damage and have normal dodge chance. In a standard 5v5 for example, they can easily be targeted and die to burst damage. They still play well and still have solid builds.

Later the same day you can find the same players ALONE (1 vs X) during off-peak hours and suddenly they take 75% less damage and have triple the dodge chance. In a 1v5 for example, the SAME FIVE PLAYERS can't even get the player below 80% health.

How is it possible that a player has dramatically more mitigation, greater dodge chance, and in general is just TEN TIMES as powerful in every perceivable way when alone facing overwhelming odds than when they had an even fight hours earlier.

I've had the same experience with the same players (normal & god mode) over and over, day after day. Fight him at 4pm EST on Monday and he's an average player and dies easily. Fight him again 9 hours later at 1am EST and he is in "god mode". Again on Tuesday. Again on Wednesday. Again...and again.

Another story:

Still thinking of a specific player who of course I cannot name. He is an AD player and was 1vX'ing a group of EP players while about 5 DC players stood watching in stealth. The AD player seemed to be playing legitimately. He took damage. Had normal dodge chance, and in general he "struggled" to 1vX the players.

When the EP began to wear him down, he would run over to the DC hiding in stealth and they would come out and wipe the EP group chasing him while he sat on a rock safely behind them. These were his "babysitters".

As a DC player myself, I decided to throw a kink into the plans and go over and kill the AD player. I received much hate from the DC babysitters.

However, something very interesting happened after that.

The next time the AD player came out....the EP didn't wear him down....he didn't take damage....and he dodged almost everything and was dramatically more powerful, no longer needing the group of DC as he easily 1vX'd an even larger EP group than the first time where he eventually got worn down.

So what happened? What changed?

He recognized that he didn't have the advantage that he previously did with players helping him.....and sought an advantage through other sources.

A short google search will provide a lot of understanding about the history of cheat development for ESO. You can see simply in the history of these communities how after ESO went B2P many of the communities that had previously dubbed ESO "not worth the trouble" began not only using debugging programs like CE, but producing more "hacks" that allow you to toggle on/off buffs and cheats.

The truth is indeed out there. And it's not hard to find.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

Just a post to let you know we've removed a few posts from the thread. We understand people will have different views on the subject regarding the possible exploits in the game, but we have to ask that you post your views in a respectful manner to avoid the posts coming off as flaming. Please keep in mind that flaming is against the Forum Rules as it only leads to a heated derailment of a thread.

Thank you for understanding!

Maybe if someone other then a moderator took the time to let the customer know that ZOS cares about cheating, there wouldn't be resentment on the forums.

• wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be realistic about this OK there are players who are very immature and instead of working busting for hours to create there toon they rather cheat there way to the top think there hot *** I see it all the time and those same immature players are stupid enough to show how to do it on YouTube. I must of reported a dozen of them mainly from the blue and yellow between the one shot kills and amongst other things.
    Microsoft don't take this very lightly in fact a few I heard lost their accounts.
    I felt with Microsoft on many occasions between players sending me threats and foe harassment on the games through the years.
    They do on fact cheat I see it a lot on Xbox one .I play stupid and listen to these idiots talk that's why I have tunes in every alliance call me a spy but I know who is doing what I started this game during beta testing.
    The problem is this game company does not care there making money off all of you every month .
    If there's lag it's your internet connection never there severs so they keep saying .
    All I can say play stupid act dumb listen watch there moves studying everything they do they will mess up when they do you have them by the nuts .
    Make sure you have it on video chat so they can't deny it.
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    I apologized for the typos I use my phone when am out
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the game very much - especially PVP. Bought it after it became B2P, and then bought each DLC individually. Recently subscribed too.

The most fun I've had in PVP was the 3 weeks following the big hacking fiasco. I was amazed at the consistant success I was having. I think many players that were doing this garbage were temporarily scared off. Then it all seemed to go downhill again. I see questionable stuff all the time now. And it seems to be getting worse.

There's only 2 things I am concerned about:

When there's cheating going on, there's always suspicion. It turns the community sour and against each other, and you don't know for sure who is legit and who is not. Awful.

While the community trys to help by reporting obvious cheaters, the full weight of responsibility for this is on the developers. Fix it and move on. Maybe easier said than done, but it sounds like this has been going on for years and years. Ridiculous and unacceptable for an MMO game.

Since I became aware of all this, with the recent scandal, I do a search every week for developments. The policy the company has adopted of complete silence is a very bad move in my opinion. There are no reassurances, and the cheating just continues. The obvious question is: are they unable to stop it? Or is it just a matter of time?

As a customer, spending valuable time and money with this product, I'm starting to question the wisdom of my involvement with the game. I have high hopes for this next patch, but if nothing changes, I think it's time for me to abandon it unfortunately. As a player who enjoys PVP, what is the point in persisting in a rigged competition? None.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordDragos wrote: »
    PLEASE REMOVE THE SKIN AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE PEOPLE THAT CHEATED IN VMAW.

IT IS COMPLETELY BS THAT MY FRIENDS AND TEAM HAVE SPENT MONTHS LEARNING AND COMPLETING VMAW AND LEARNING HARD MODE AND PEOPLE CHEAT TO GET IT, THEY NEED TO LOOSE THEIR SKINS AND GET BANNED HOW LONG YOUR CALL BUT NO SKINS FOR CHEATERS.

Please learn to not type like a serial killer.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A certain player today, forgot about gap closing onto keep walls being a ban-able offense. Assume this did not change?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    A certain player today, forgot about gap closing onto keep walls being a ban-able offense. Assume this did not change?

Banable. Meaning it COULD happen. Just like you could get struck by lightning today.

Odds are about the same.
  • derStreuner

Banable. Meaning it COULD happen. Just like you could get struck by lightning today.

Odds are about the same.

The difference is, that you can get unbanned if you ask nice, but you cant get undo being struck by lightning
    Edited by derStreuner on February 6, 2017 9:54AM
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭
    Weekend just gone. Alessia Bridge on TF. Myself and another player were chasing an enemy player. He/she jumped over the side of the bridge. Before I knew what was happening, both of us were pulled up & over the side of the bridge, landing in the water below. None of us died, including the enemy player who managed to escape.
    Uncertain whether this was a cheat or exploit. Posted here anyway.

Another odd death today at Chalman Keep. On the 2nd story inner, hit by javelin, knocked back away from the edge. While laying stunned on the ground, I was pulled up & over the edge and was killed off by falling death. The only skills showing in the recap were javelin & fall damage. Since when can a javelin pick you up & pull you over like that? Another couple of players had exactly the same thing, one was attached to siege at the time.

Death recap showed multiple hits by javelin & fall damage.

Edit 02/02/2017.

Same thing today at Aleswell. Up on the first floor of the keep, hit by Javelin, knocked backed onto the metal grate section. Pulled through the upper floor, landing down by the main door (almost lodged in the door) before my character had a chance to get up off the floor.
    Death recap shows:
    Fall damage 15.7k
    Daedric mine 2.4k
    Poision injection 2.8k
    Absorb magicka 1.27k
    heavy attack (shock) 1.2k
    As far as I am aware, none of the above abilities can pull you any where.

Pretty sure there is a grate bug. It's happened to me and my raid leader. Best not to stand on the grate.
  • MusekininKanchou
    MusekininKanchou
    ✭✭✭

Is that ban-able? I mean yeah it's cheating but of all the cheating behaviors this is one of the least offensive to me. Besides it's a handy way to fill out dk. If they're silly enough to jump into a full enemy keep I can spare the 30 seconds to kill them.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with certain players that don't take damage? I've run across a pile of them on Haderus on PS4.

There was a group of probably 30 EP beating on one guy. My attacks were somehow generating 300 damage? Really?

I have a pretty tanky build, and there's no way this is legit.

I also want to know how they heal from nothing, to 100% INSTANTLY without casting ANYTHING.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with certain players that don't take damage? I've run across a pile of them on Haderus on PS4.

There was a group of probably 30 EP beating on one guy. My attacks were somehow generating 300 damage? Really?

I have a pretty tanky build, and there's no way this is legit.

I also want to know how they heal from nothing, to 100% INSTANTLY without casting ANYTHING.

Yup, I see this behaviour all the time on PC NA server. The invulnerability to damage, the instant full healing.

Often, these same characters will then hit you with a light attack that does 3k damage, or even worse, hit you with 6 skills in under 2 seconds (with some heavy attacks thrown in the middle - so much for cast time). The audio from such an attack is like a machine gun going off.

I've watched players standing outside a keep reading a map, while coldfire rains down on their heads. No problem.

I've seen a small core group of players wipe multiple full groups of the other two factions, take all the scrolls (including the ones behind the gates), get emperor status, and take the whole map in an astoundingly short time. It depopulates the servers quickly, because legitimate players get frustrated and leave.

The cheating has gotten less subtle over the last 6 months or so. It is more obvious than ever, and especially visible in Blackwater Blade, where there are no champion points. It's totally out of control, and is making the game almost unplayable.

The only hint I've seen that a fix might be coming is here:
    elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017
    We will be addressing this in 2017 – from Champion System performance to class/armor balance to client/server performance in large battles. This is a priority for us, but as these issues are extremely complex, we will be re-thinking how some of the systems in the game interact with each other; changes of this magnitude cannot happen quickly. We are not taking this lightly – change needs to happen. We will have lots more information on Cyrodiil balance and fixes shortly, but right now, we are focusing on investigating and testing different options.

Although it doesn't specifically mention anti-cheating, I've invested enough time and money in this game to hope that I'm correct in reading between the lines here.

To all the players who have resisted the temptation to cheat, I salute you.
    Edited by Voltranox on February 9, 2017 1:58AM
  • Luftballoon
    About a week ago I witnessed a well-known emperor exploiting a well-known bug in Azura's Star. No, it was not an accident as he attacked several people when he "arrived". I tried to use Shadowplay (which I recently installed just for this purpose) to record it but it didn't work. I reported it anyway but since he emped again after it clearly didn't matter.

I'm frustrated that it falls upon the players to collect evidence, and with no real-time response it feels like calling 911 and getting a generic email response long after the criminal has left.

I'm not saying Z isn't working hard on fixing exploits, but this bug has existed for months and the perception among players is that they are either unable or unwilling to fix it.
  • Lewandowsky
    Lewandowsky
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,
    I am just about certain I have experienced enemy players in pvp cheating repeatedly and I have yet to be sure I've reported it in the correct fashion. why doesn't /report or /help do not provide ways to easily report cheating. this seems like a joke - is the way to report enemy players hidden? maybe i'ts hidden in this 64 pages of discussion but if people have to search 64 pages it won't be reported appropriately, period. this cannot be acceptable if reporting cheaters can't be done in an intuitive fashion it's not being done appropriately. please fix this right away, make it explicit in /bug or /report
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    Reverse slice ---> block cancel ---> reverse slice + dodgeroll (almost at the same time)
    you can get the damage off faster than block casting by Skill + Dodge roll. When I was messing around with nb I could suprise attack and incap with no cooldown between with this method.

This works pretty well with a Razer or Chimpeon huh?
    Hi guys,
    I am just about certain I have experienced enemy players in pvp cheating repeatedly and I have yet to be sure I've reported it in the correct fashion. why doesn't /report or /help do not provide ways to easily report cheating. this seems like a joke - is the way to report enemy players hidden? maybe i'ts hidden in this 64 pages of discussion but if people have to search 64 pages it won't be reported appropriately, period. this cannot be acceptable if reporting cheaters can't be done in an intuitive fashion it's not being done appropriately. please fix this right away, make it explicit in /bug or /report

This add on is excellent.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1370-FastReportContinued.html
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP why is there no easy way to submit a Video of a Cheater in PVP on your support page?

I have a Video that clearly shows a Player with ZERO health just running away getting taken to zero continually.

It's concerning that there are definite hackers still in the game which makes us suspect anyone that has what appears to be any skill at staying alive.

I had another strange death where I was killed in seconds with block up on my tanky DK that would normally take 5-10 people beating on him to put him down. But I went down in about a 2 seconds to a DK and Templar as if I was lying on the floor sleeping, 32000 resistance and Block and all their hits, hit full power!

I think you have some serious issues and you seem to of forgotten about these exploits. How pointless will Battlegrounds be if we can't trust the game!
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS and Bethesda were even remotely interested in fair play for its subscribers, PunkBuster or an equivalent would be mandatory install for online play. Look no further than EA's BF4 as a working example - bans happen real time and 100% transparency. PunkBuster even breaks it down by geographical location (lots of Russian hax out there).

Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • Skipperowski
    Skipperowski
    Soul Shriven
    Please ZOS answer to that, becouse i don;t understand....

I will post here a video, which i made today. I came to that game after break, and today i had at least 25 crashes in Cyrodill and i saw that.... I will delete that game.... Guess why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tCzPpnIAg

Why are you focusing on non important part of the games, when basic mechanic and things are not working properly? I'm not playing right now your game, becouse it has to many bugs, exploits, CHEATS. You gave us a homestead, when we need a proper PVP fix since the game release. What about class balance? It is even 10 worse than before. PVP is not competitive, everywhere you have zergs. Solo playing or smallscale is not worthy to waste a time. Every guild which i was playing with was disbanded becouse people get bored about the same things again and again. Zergs and lags everywhere.

I was at least in 6 pvp guilds since imperial city relase. Now when i ask my friends if they will play with me, they don't want to play that game anymore. We had some fun in pvp but now.... there's no way to play that game.

NOWADAYS you haven't got anything to do in that game, you haven't got a proper target. Everything you can get so easly. Even APs are no worth anything. In PVE you have nothing to do when you will have undaunted rank 9 and proper monster sets. What about trials and arenas? When you will get a proper drop, you won't do that anymore.

What about homestead? I don't care about that, i won't even buy a house.
    Edited by Skipperowski on February 11, 2017 6:54PM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skipperowski I feel your pain, I have an exactly the same video of someone doing exactly the same thing.

PVP is nonsense with Hacks being so obvious now.
This discussion has been closed.