✭✭✭✭✭
    Last!!!

nope
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    That probably says more about those Sorcerers than anything else. It takes a spine to stick to your class.

other than they are not masochists, What does it say?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on June 5, 2016 7:18PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    That probably says more about those Sorcerers than anything else. It takes a spine to stick to your class.

Lololol I know right. I am staying on mine though screw it. My Templar is betrer on crappier gear but oh well....
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

Lololol I know right. I am staying on mine though screw it. My Templar is betrer on crappier gear but oh well....

Better in crappy gear and by far more fun to play...
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My templar is a monster and I'm having fun with him, but I miss my sorc. Hopefully she'll be back someday.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... Last!
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... Last!

nope!
    Options
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still believe notion of crit tank is as reasonable as putting marinara sauce on a chocolate cheesecake.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still believe notion of crit tank is as reasonable as putting marinara sauce on a chocolate cheesecake.

@Wrobel seems to disagree. But then again, he is the guy that thinks it is ok that sorcerers have to triple slot a toggle skill to get what Nightblades have as a passive... ^^
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh it is, the only way it is viable is as a Sorc tank with shields, and using the crit to heal you a bit. HOWEVER, they ruined magicka sorc tanking badly with the 6 second nerf+ the increased break free cost, my shields are taken out by time more than anything now. The time nerf to shields kill their viability, makes 100% more sense to run any other defensive ability, like a healing ward
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i guess that is it then

after all this thread and so so many amazing great ideas that so many people have placed that's it... ?

I guess i have to go back and play as magtemp and wait till either my mage gets buffed

I think i have a resolution to resolve all problems

have Dk,Temp,Nb and mage

this way when one of them gets nerferd due to people crying ect pick up another and play with that and so on and so on

Circle of ESO
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i guess that is it then

after all this thread and so so many amazing great ideas that so many people have placed that's it... ?

I guess i have to go back and play as magtemp and wait till either my mage gets buffed

I think i have a resolution to resolve all problems

have Dk,Temp,Nb and mage

this way when one of them gets nerferd due to people crying ect pick up another and play with that and so on and so on

Circle of ESO

Just having a DK is enough, they are clearly the Devs favorite child. Even if they decide to nerf DK's DPS, which I honestly don't see happening, they will still be the best tanks in the game, so your main will always be useful.
    Options
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are stamina sorcerer tanks in existence, but we in no way requested the surge changes. As a stamina sorcerer tanks you tend to have to wear a decent amount of heavy armour as your mitigation is lightning form based (no shields), maybe supplemented by a minor protection buff if you can (ground fixed aoe). Your heals come from your healer not surge with a low crit chance. Mobility used to be your advantage...

But the changes to surge don't really help pure tanks much if you ask me... they are too hard to proc as a tank.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    There are stamina sorcerer tanks in existence, but we in no way requested the surge changes. As a stamina sorcerer tanks you tend to have to wear a decent amount of heavy armour as your mitigation is lightning form based (no shields), maybe supplemented by a minor protection buff if you can (ground fixed aoe). Your heals come from your healer not surge with a low crit chance. Mobility used to be your advantage...

But the changes to surge don't really help pure tanks much if you ask me... they are too hard to proc as a tank.

Maybe there's something we're missing that @Wrobel knows about crit tanks? Some hidden mechanic, or super secret rare crit tank armor that he's not telling us about? I mean he's obviously a man that knows what he's talking about… right? Maybe he should share his sorc crit tank build next ESO live and put an end to this discussion.

@Wrobel, please teach us the ways of the sorc crit tank. :love:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    Jar_Ek wrote: »

Maybe there's something we're missing that @Wrobel knows about crit tanks? Some hidden mechanic, or super secret rare crit tank armor that he's not telling us about? I mean he's obviously a man that knows what he's talking about… right? Maybe he should share his sorc crit tank build next ESO live and put an end to this discussion.

@Wrobel, please teach us the ways of the sorc crit tank. :love:

lol
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL i actually have a Dk vet 7 i might pick up and use that instead

But having fun with magetemp atm

LOL "sorc crit tank"

BAHAHAHAAH so let me get this right and please do correct if i am wrong

So instead of been a mage who uses magica as main DPS DOT ect and magica this is what we will need to do ...

1) Go full heavier Armour for benefits as a tank ( losing passives in light Armour and thus reducing our damage mana pool ect)
    OR Go full medium to get the critical and stamina ( losing passives in light Armour and thus reducing magic damage)

2) Removing points from magica pool into health so we can be alive for more then 4 hits thus reducing the damage from our spells .

3) Removing magica and going with stamina and health using medium or heavier Armour and using the two handed , sword and board or twin and forget about skills as how many stam abilities we have???

so my point is ..

WHAT IS THE point of been a mage?? when you will not be using magic not been able to use the abilities skills we kind of have, not been able to use light Armour for passives not been able to use staff ?

"face palm"

" I am more confused about been a mage then a baby in a topless bar" <--Forsaken Sin

Edited by ForsakenSin on June 9, 2016 1:38AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people are misconstruing the situation out there as a extreme prejudice against sorcs. Even going as far to claim that every time they get in a random dungeon finder they're kicked, insulted, and not allowed to join guild events such as trial groups and large scale pvp.

People arn't doing this just because of spite or hatred of sorcs, it's just on serious content they're more of a liability then a help. it's not the sorcs fault that they arn't bringing to the table what others can. it's the design of the class.

the bigger explanation...

Why don't you want them in trials?
    They have to sacrifice everything to sustain a dps number that is at best sub the potential of everyone else. No heals, no buffs, no pets, and be wearing a very specific setup.
    Effectively any other class is more effective in a slot then a sorc. Any other class can match or beat a sorc in a sustained battle while still maintaining group utility buffs, self sustaining themselves, and utilizing different gear set ups/skill varieties.
    The Worlds best sorcs can maintain a "effective dps" while sacrificing everything else, but your average "sorc" is a liability.

Why you don't you want them in pvp groups?
    Short of the developing alpha strike meta. (bombard and negate spam) sorcs can't spam their shields 24/7 and without that...they're effectively sitting time bombs for opportunistic nightblades trying to proc vicious death.
    Sorcs go down faster then a __insert_joke_here__ because of 6 second shields... battles these days are more often then not decided by who owns more night blades, and stamina dks.

core groups: A run with any other class is faster, more efficient, and more versatile... IE another class can usually have more options like tanking, and healing. sometimes all at the same time while still pumping dps numbers the would make almost any sorc blush.

This just isn't a good patch for Sorcs....like at all. It's not the sorcs fault. Out on the fields of cyrodil and IC they're starting to go the way of the dodo. It's their design... and most people don't want to be regarded as a below average player for the amount of effort they put into playing a class, so many have rerolled characters or stopped playing altogether to try something else out till next dlc.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Many people are misconstruing the situation out there as a extreme prejudice against sorcs. Even going as far to claim that every time they get in a random dungeon finder they're kicked, insulted, and not allowed to join guild events such as trial groups and large scale pvp.

People arn't doing this just because of spite or hatred of sorcs, it's just on serious content they're more of a liability then a help. it's not the sorcs fault that they arn't bringing to the table what others can. it's the design of the class.

the bigger explanation...

Why don't you want them in trials?
    They have to sacrifice everything to sustain a dps number that is at best sub the potential of everyone else. No heals, no buffs, no pets, and be wearing a very specific setup.
    Effectively any other class is more effective in a slot then a sorc. Any other class can match or beat a sorc in a sustained battle while still maintaining group utility buffs, self sustaining themselves, and utilizing different gear set ups/skill varieties.
    The Worlds best sorcs can maintain a "effective dps" while sacrificing everything else, but your average "sorc" is a liability.

Why you don't you want them in pvp groups?
    Short of the developing alpha strike meta. (bombard and negate spam) sorcs can't spam their shields 24/7 and without that...they're effectively sitting time bombs for opportunistic nightblades trying to proc vicious death.
    Sorcs go down faster then a __insert_joke_here__ because of 6 second shields... battles these days are more often then not decided by who owns more night blades, and stamina dks.

core groups: A run with any other class is faster, more efficient, and more versatile... IE another class can usually have more options like tanking, and healing. sometimes all at the same time while still pumping dps numbers the would make almost any sorc blush.

This just isn't a good patch for Sorcs....like at all. It's not the sorcs fault. Out on the fields of cyrodil and IC they're starting to go the way of the dodo. It's their design... and most people don't want to be regarded as a below average player for the amount of effort they put into playing a class, so many have rerolled characters or stopped playing altogether to try something else out till next dlc.

haven't i read this before? ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok... well its been an interesting ride all.... see you in the equivalent thread in the next DLC! :D

Even if thats maybe the Templar thread next time! lol
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ok... well its been an interesting ride all.... see you in the equivalent thread in the next DLC! :D

Even if thats maybe the Templar thread next time! lol

See you @Flaminir ... We tried... @Wrobel ignored.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We could of course all go to the ESO live 'ask us anything' thread and ask @Wrobel to share his Sorc crit tank build >:)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • coyteriarwb17_ESO
    What I hate with ZOS opinion is how they have failed to realise how many useless abilities sorcerers have and how wierdly inconsistent the skills are in regards to what they are placed in. I left 1 year ago because I didn't like their philosophy as "buffing other classes by nerfing sorcerers". I came back blind not knowing what happened but all i see is the same ***,
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could of course all go to the ESO live 'ask us anything' thread and ask @Wrobel to share his Sorc crit tank build >:)

I think we should instead ask wrobel to hand in his resignation, when this amount of people disagree with same thing it's obviously an issue, but hey we're only the paying customers what does our opinion matter?
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is they hand every other class our exact same defense which is our only defense and claim this is balanced. Seriously? Could i get some of what they are smoking?
    Options
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    My only feedback is: You've killed sorcerer. From what @Wrobel and others have said, it seems you want them dead as well. So mission accomplished.
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish we could organize all dissatisfied sorcerers and make protests in game and on the chat for the ESO Live. It would be funny at least.
    Options
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm useful still! I adapt and know my mechanics. Lord warden complained until sorcs got nerfed and Molag Kena reported me 49 times, but the good sorcs will still be invaluable. I only play pve, but I can't imagine people saying 'God I don't miss that Kena proc'd power surged shadow stone 53,000 overload Crit....

But it's more than that. Resto staff streak stack res dodge roll, medium weave, streak to space, ll, proc Kena, cast magelight, drop meteor, streak to snare to save the nb, heal the healer when he's low with a hw....

Oh wait streak cost 8x as much cuz people ran away from zeros in pvp and now I have to pay for it.

Sorc till the end. Eso changes, you adapt, or become useless. We will figure out my friends.

Also if your shield was up for more than six seconds in pve boss fights, you didn't need it in the first place. Just saying...we can stack annulment and hw so that's kinda awesome.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

I really wish we could organize all dissatisfied sorcerers and make protests in game and on the chat for the ESO Live. It would be funny at least.

lol What would be better.... is with some editing and some self made videos we patched together a video of the "million sorc" march for equal rights, balance, and.... see where im going with this...
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok... Those awesome changes to Sorcerers, eh? LOL.
    Edited by Grao on June 29, 2016 4:07AM
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »

lol What would be better.... is with some editing and some self made videos we patched together a video of the "million sorc" march for equal rights, balance, and.... see where im going with this...

Better get all sorc like 100+ in one place on top of the tower and one by one like lemmings we jump off resulting in mass suicide bahahaha i can just see it now one by one falling down while bodies pile up

Options