Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we make all summons like Storm Atronach? Just costing magicka instead of ultimate?
    • No longer a toggle
    • Because it's timed, it will actually be a DoT and can be balanced with other DoTs
    • Not only scaling with magicka
    • No more bloody zoos in town
    • A lot less pathing issues
    • No longer a toggle

Honestly, if it doesn't hold up to other DoTs, why would I ever slot a summon? It's less damage, not AoE, and not easily targetable like single target DoTs. Instead of improving their primary function of damage, ZOS has tried to make their secondary effects more appealing. How about instead of loading heals and whatnot onto summons, make summons decent DPS abilities and make our existing heals decent? Don't load a plethora of lackluster effects on single abilities while neglecting others.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, I've just realized how depressed I get from reading these posts. I guess it's time to move on and leave Sorcerer class behind.

Well played, ZOS. You made first TES game where I cannot play what I really love to play and stay competitive.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Can't we make all summons like Storm Atronach? Just costing magicka instead of ultimate?
    • No longer a toggle
    • Because it's timed, it will actually be a DoT and can be balanced with other DoTs
    • No longer a toggle

Honestly, if it doesn't hold up to other DoTs, why would I ever slot a summon? It's less damage, not AoE, and not easily targetable like single target DoTs. Instead of improving their primary function of damage, ZOS has tried to make their secondary effects more appealing. How about instead of loading heals and whatnot onto summons, make summons decent DPS abilities and make our existing heals decent? Don't load a plethora of lackluster effects on single abilities while neglecting others.

Nah, I mean I get what you are saying but. I'd they make me have to summon them again and again and again like that. Then I just won't play them. I complain about pets. But I play a pet sorc. They need major balancing issue, but turning them into a dot like that would kill them.

Pets are for micromanaging, timing their abilities with yours, that's why when people say treat it like a dot, they are wrong. You just have to fire a dot. I have to curse and command my pets and keep them alive and keep their skills activated.

It's a big investment but, with some smart tweaks, it would be rewarding. But just turning them into dots defeats the entire purpose of pets. At that point just give us dragon claw and flame breath and be done with it.

They need damage boosts, CP boosts and to scale off spell power aswell. They need to be able to out damage a Templar spamming jabs, by a bit since they take so much to use properly and take up half our slots. A pet sorc should be able to pull a minimum of 15k DPS off of pets and curse alone.

They need tweaking but they will get there hopefully if ZOS is willing and able.

I just hope they don't go with just giving us a set that makes them viable and that's all. That's a bandaid.
    Options
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been patiently waiting for ZOS to at least come up with a reasonable explanation for 2 months, all we had was utter BS that was paraphrased over and over to make it look like it is longer than a few paragraphs to respond to a 50+ pages long feedback while dodging the important questions posed multiple times by many. Mods are simply offering "hope" on these forums by stating "ohhh yea we are trying to answer all of these questions" then try to delay a decent response, probably because deep down they also know @Wrobel is getting nowhere and the band-aid fixes are no longer holding the game together.

In addition to not being able to find cheaters over 2 years from the very beginning (although duplicating items bug was reported back in beta ) and now completely destroying my favorite class; I am definitely done subscribing. I am not okay with my only main getting destroyed by some clueless guy, who had 2 months to listen and fix few numbers or revert some of the changes. Selling Molag Kena helmet won't make people stay either.

In marketing you can use pricing to make a product feel more premium, but if product quality is nowhere near justifying the price, then it becomes nothing but waste of money and pushes potential customers away.

@Wrobel , I am one of the long time customers who's leaving this game because of your horrible decisions regarding sorcerers. As a TES fan I offered long feedbacks during early beta sessions, reported in game bugs, tried not to post anything negative on the forums.

Actions speak louder than the words, and you proved it is either your way or highway.
    Edited by arasysb14_ESO on May 31, 2016 12:48PM
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Rva_Kun wrote: »
    Shield change gave me cancer. Time to put sorc on the side and play NB kappa.

I was honestly considering it. Well going to my Templar. With which I pull great DPS and heals and mitigation and utility.

But I got my sorc to.max crafting got him everything. I will not just abandon him NOPE. Sorc sorc SORC. Nerf me SORC SORC SORC.

I will defiantly play sorc and not get invited to trials. I wil play sorc and be a liability in group PvP. I will play sorc and struggle immensely in VMA. I will play sorc and do horrid DPS. I will splay sorc and have near useless skill trees. I will play sorc and cry myself to sleep.

I WILL PLAY SORC!!!!!

This+1
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just remembered something, wrobel has said before that he wants to give every class the same tools to work with
    but over the sorcerer debacle, he has said he wants every class to feel unique......

well? Which is it? you cant have both.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just remembered something, wrobel has said before that he wants to give every class the same tools to work with
    but over the sorcerer debacle, he has said he wants every class to feel unique......

well? Which is it? you cant have both.

@Wrobel is inept, this is not a new revelation he's been making the game worse with every patch since 1.6.

DB is the last straw for me, i'm moving on to different games now. sucks because the community (most of them) was/is really cool.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 31, 2016 1:12PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

They would also need to be unkillable for this to work. If I pay magicka for 20 seconds of Clannfear, I want the WHOLE 20 seconds.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @Wrobel just switch the magicka from bound aegis with the health passive for pets.

Also give console players a way to command pets.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

Nah, I mean I get what you are saying but. I'd they make me have to summon them again and again and again like that. Then I just won't play them. I complain about pets. But I play a pet sorc. They need major balancing issue, but turning them into a dot like that would kill them.

Pets are for micromanaging, timing their abilities with yours, that's why when people say treat it like a dot, they are wrong. You just have to fire a dot. I have to curse and command my pets and keep them alive and keep their skills activated.

It's a big investment but, with some smart tweaks, it would be rewarding. But just turning them into dots defeats the entire purpose of pets. At that point just give us dragon claw and flame breath and be done with it.

They need damage boosts, CP boosts and to scale off spell power aswell. They need to be able to out damage a Templar spamming jabs, by a bit since they take so much to use properly and take up half our slots. A pet sorc should be able to pull a minimum of 15k DPS off of pets and curse alone.

They need tweaking but they will get there hopefully if ZOS is willing and able.

I just hope they don't go with just giving us a set that makes them viable and that's all. That's a bandaid.

I agree… only if I can control them on consoles. If not then the only way they'd be remotely useful is if they were DoTs. Like I laid out would be perfect for consoles. Surely it can't be that hard for the program to differentiate between pressing and holding a button on the controller. Assigned button+attack for targeting and assigned button+block to make passive. Idk what all commands they can be given on PC, but I feel that alone would be sufficient control.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

They would also need to be unkillable for this to work. If I pay magicka for 20 seconds of Clannfear, I want the WHOLE 20 seconds.

Aren't shades unkillable? Idk don't think I ever tried to target one.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

Yea they are unkillabke and wholly underpowered(yes they have their uses). That's not summoning though that's not being a pet build, that's just a fancy dot, and if shades are interesting to anyone, go play Nightblades.

They also don't have to be unkillable, that's OP in PvP. Pets have to be micromanaged, but that's the fun. And as we have seem both pet sorcs and more traditional sorcs can coexist. We need some of our more useless skills looked at. But all in all Pets need a buff, and some of our other skills need to be retooled drastically. Rune cage dark deal bound armor. COME on ZOS. Give us dots, and what not. This way sorcs who are wholly against pets can slot a plethora of other skills.

Also other classes have skill trees that may not interest that player such as healing Templar tree, Stam NB siphoning trre and what not. It is what it is.

Pet sorcs and whatever other Sorcs can coexist. We just need buffs and tools.
    Edited by cpuScientist on May 31, 2016 2:28PM
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

Yea they are unkillabke and wholly underpowered(yes they have their uses). That's not summoning though that's not being a pet build, that's just a fancy dot, and if shades are interesting to anyone, go play Nightblades.

They also don't have to be unkillable, that's OP in PvP. Pets have to be micromanaged, but that's the fun. And as we have seem both pet sorcs and more traditional sorcs can coexist. We need some of our more useless skills looked at. But all in all Pets need a buff, and some of our other skills need to be retooled drastically. Rune cage dark deal bound armor. COME on ZOS. Give us dots, and what not. This way sorcs who are wholly against pets can slot a plethora of other skills.

Also other classes have skill read that may not interest that player such as healing Templar tree, Stam NB siphoning trre and what not. It is what it is.

i picked sorcerer so i could have a daedric meat sheild, i dont want some passive piece of crap that cant absorb damage. you dont like pets, dont use them, there are alot of people who prefer having a meat sheild in their gameplay
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

Also other classes have skill read that may not interest that player such as healing Templar tree, Stam NB siphoning trre and what not. It is what it is.

i picked sorcerer so i could have a daedric meat sheild, i dont want some passive piece of crap that cant absorb damage. you dont like pets, dont use them, there are alot of people who prefer having a meat sheild in their gameplay

I agree. Giving us shaded would truly be the knockout blow. I would just STOP delete the game and leg everyone know not to even get ESO. I can understand some balancing changes, bit something like that would show such ineptitude that I would not have any sort of faith belief that they know what they are doing at all.

Thankfully that's not been mentioned so whatever, just buff us soon.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    • No longer a toggle
    • No longer a toggle

I mained a sorc because I wanted to be a spell wielding bad ass… imagine my surprise when I started the second arctype I like to play in TES games, a sneaky bad ass. :unamused:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There we go. Patch notes out, 30% more healing from surge FLAT VALUE. RIP sorcs.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is folks. Sigh :neutral:
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is folks. Sigh :neutral:

I think they buffed Useless Exchange even more... While keeping it useless with the damn cast time. lol

Pets get extra health... But only in PvP! lol So PvE pets can just keep dying... Class isn't horrible enough in PvPe as it is...
    Edited by Grao on May 31, 2016 3:37PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that had increased the duration of empowered ward to 10 seconds. The patch notes says "8".

Which is it?

Also yeah. Not using dark exchange. The designers are as stubborn on that as they are stupid.
    Options
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    Empowered ward back down to 8 seconds. Dark exchange only increased health return by 75% instead of 100%. Never was going to use it, but why would I now?
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey fellow sorcs are you all as sad as I am about these changes.

https://youtu.be/Lq2xW3Ie70M
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I don't even plan to play at all this patch. Feeding horses is the most I'll do. I got all the people I like talking to on ts, skype etc. No need to login to the trainwreck more than I have to, really.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooo many problems with this class and what they choose to fix? The immortal NPC people were using as a target dummy!
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just trying to provide humor. But yea we got nerfed so hard. Into the ground, spun around.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

Sooo many problems with this class and what they choose to fix? The immortal NPC people were using as a target dummy!

With their next patch which letter come out in no more than 3 months. They are probably gonna come out with regular dummies. So we get to pay for it yaaay.

But I'm just so disappointed with the state of things. Just like with the dummy, ZOS will change and take away something without putting something in its place, they were not ready to fix sorcs this patch, bit they still wrecked them, they are not ready to give us a training dummy but they take it away anyway. And we are left to wait and stick it out for a couple months. It's very annoying and just bad....
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, still can't shake the nagging urge to sock someone in the face. Seriously though, can we even call sorcs a class any more? Seems more like a haphazardly strewn together hodgepodge of cheese that's way past spoiled.

Just saying.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, still can't shake the nagging urge to sock someone in the face. Seriously though, can we even call sorcs a class any more? Seems more like a haphazardly strewn together hodgepodge of cheese that's way past spoiled.

Just saying.

Yeah, the game got 3 classes and then one pile of something we can't even determine what it is anymore.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the screw ups in TES universe, and there's been some doozies, this by far takes the cake. I think ZOS deserves a round of applause for orchestrating this debacle.

Curse you ZOS, may you be turned into cheese eternally gnawed on by skeevers.

CHEESE!!!!!
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Empowered ward back down to 8 seconds. Dark exchange only increased health return by 75% instead of 100%. Never was going to use it, but why would I now?

Are you sure? This was one of the things they changed back in 2.4.3. They reverted it to 8? Really?

Check it out, that has to be a patch note error, because empowered was actually *good* for pledges and raids.

Options
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    Geeze...feel like ZOS rammed a weiner shaped cactus up my sorcs rear end. Thankfully I have a magicka NB and stam dk. Thanks ZOS for crushing my love </3
    Edited by GriM_728 on May 31, 2016 7:19PM
    Options