Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I thought that had increased the duration of empowered ward to 10 seconds. The patch notes says "8".

Which is it?

Also yeah. Not using dark exchange. The designers are as stubborn on that as they are stupid.

Its 10 on live, someone made a snafu in the notes
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldnt test myself yet, how high is
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange

Dark exchange is still bad and surge is only a buff for tanks, really. For the rest it's a nerf.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange

Dark exchange is still bad and surge is only a buff for tanks, really. For the rest it's a nerf.

Yeah, expected that... but still, there were some changes announced by Wrobel in that "Discussion Thread" for sorcerers, so I was curious how much it actually is now.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Empowered ward back down to 8 seconds. Dark exchange only increased health return by 75% instead of 100%. Never was going to use it, but why would I now?

Are you sure? This was one of the things they changed back in 2.4.3. They reverted it to 8? Really?

Check it out, that has to be a patch note error, because empowered was actually *good* for pledges and raids.

It was never changed to 10, from my understanding the magicka regen passive was changed to 10 seconds. The ward stayed at 8
  • GreatWhite000
    GreatWhite000
    ✭✭✭
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange

not sure how its a buff to tanks. What kind of tank works crit into their build?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange

not sure how its a buff to tanks. What kind of tank works crit into their build?

According to @Wrobel that is something sorcerers should be focusing on. Building crit based tanks...
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GriM_728 wrote: »
    Geeze...feel like ZOS rammed a weiner shaped cactus up my sorcs rear end. Thankfully I have a magicka NB and stam dk. Thanks ZOS for crushing my love </3

^That... That does describe the feeling pretty well...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like empowered is ten seconds. We're fine.
    Edited by Minalan on May 31, 2016 7:58PM
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    @Grao , I think your signature really sums it up better than a hundred posts! :smiley:
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and the introduction of crafting bags also nerfs my Sorcerer's usefulness as a bank alt for crafting materials.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    Its not too bad all in all. Did a vMA run getting 3 deaths, untill i got dc'd due to maintanance at stage 9, phase 2 in the clouds. 3 Deaths is about what I avaragely do in vMA. Also I wasnt using the new enchants, that i hear is good. I would say that its a bit of a nerf but its certainly doable. Also I fairly certain i will get the no death run that I was afraid I would never get after the nerfs...
    Edited by dotlife on May 31, 2016 8:12PM
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge flat heal now
    and
    Dark Exchange

That's what he wants sorc tanks to do apparently, lol.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    @Grao , I think your signature really sums it up better than a hundred posts! :smiley:

I encourage everyone that mains / has a sorcerer and will not play it during this awful patch to copy the idea for that signature. Maybe if ZoS sees that they will work on some needed changes, I don't think Moderators can snip our signatures apart.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA. I'll be a big.man and say it, @Wrobel good work on the health with pets. Since we cannot use shields the extra health is nice.

But please do give us am active ability on bound aegis, and let it not be a toggle
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the Toggle ^ would be amazing.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA. I'll be a big.man and say it, @Wrobel good work on the health with pets. Since we cannot use shields the extra health is nice.

But please do give us am active ability on bound aegis, and let it not be a toggle

Unfortunately the pets only get extra health in PvP! Well, at least they can't be one shot anymore.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

Unfortunately the pets only get extra health in PvP! Well, at least they can't be one shot anymore.

Oh I meant the health passive. I don't need to rely on shields in dungeons if I just bring my AOE pet along.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would still rather magicka though
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound aegis is the trap of Mag Sorcs. It's bonus is good. But the slots it takes up is bad. I would say either give us that as a passive (Max magicka Max stamina passive like NB ger) For it to be a toggle though, it has too give us either twice the utility of other skills or twice the damage. It gives us good utility in the max magicka, but the minor ward is so weak it's basically negligible.

I will suggest adding a DPS component to it or another strong utility, such as a burst heal or something of the sort.

But in truth the skill should be dropped off altogether. It is simply archaic at this point in the game. At this stage of the game toggles are no longer any good, they take up too many slots and stifle diversity.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing pretty ok last night in duels. Still as I expected a fear can kill me if it's a few seconds into my shield time, and the stamina cost to break free has skyrocketed. Took 65% of my stamina to break free. I use to be able to atleast get off 3 break frees with my 9k Stam pool now o cam only get 1 sigh
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing pretty ok last night in duels. Still as I expected a fear can kill me if it's a few seconds into my shield time, and the stamina cost to break free has skyrocketed. Took 65% of my stamina to break free. I use to be able to atleast get off 3 break frees with my 9k Stam pool now o cam only get 1 sigh

So stamina is the best by far to play as in PvP now I guess, lol.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea honestly. Stam can get away with little magic but we have to have magic or reduce break free cost. We may all have to begin using reactive I guess lol.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea honestly. Stam can get away with little magic but we have to have magic or reduce break free cost. We may all have to begin using reactive I guess lol.

Ooooor just reroll a class that isn't horrible! XD
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, I just went and started playing through the witcher 3 for now, and I got a ton of games to play through. Not wasting my time levelling an alt.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, I just went and started playing through the witcher 3 for now, and I got a ton of games to play through. Not wasting my time levelling an alt.

Reaching lvl 50 is easy, leveling and unlocking skills is what I find most annoying, but eh... it can be done without too much problem. I do agree though, that playing other games sounds very tempting, Overwatch and Witcher 3 are great :p
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reaching lvl 50 is easy, leveling and unlocking skills is what I find most annoying, but eh... it can be done without too much problem. I do agree though, that playing other games sounds very tempting, Overwatch and Witcher 3 are great :p

Not played Overwatch, played Battleborn instead. But yeah, there's lots of other great games out there that doesn't have an arrogant, ignorant dev.
    Edited by cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO on June 1, 2016 3:05PM
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not played Overwatch, played Battleborn instead. But yeah, there's lots of other great games out there that doesn't have an arrogant, ignorant dev.

Yea I want to play battleborn. I hope it's good
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played ICP (nerfed by the way, no challenge just a long slog through a dungeon now) but we are lacking. Hardened ward is out of the question. So we have to rely on surge heals and healers.

We need something. I feel like a whack NB
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im doing a fresh borderlands pre-sequal run with the doppleganger, seems buffed since i last played him. Certianally a better experiance and communication from the creators to the players, the gold key system was, and will always be, the best loot present's thats existed. they love their players, unlike other dev teams that shall remain obvious, but nameless.