Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get streak back. It's only 15 meters now people.can gap close endlessly on us now they have 22 meters
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    I was doing pretty ok last night in duels. Still as I expected a fear can kill me if it's a few seconds into my shield time, and the stamina cost to break free has skyrocketed. Took 65% of my stamina to break free. I use to be able to atleast get off 3 break frees with my 9k Stam pool now o cam only get 1 sigh

So stamina is the best by far to play as in PvP now I guess, lol.

Yea honestly. Stam can get away with little magic but we have to have magic or reduce break free cost. We may all have to begin using reactive I guess lol.

Ooooor just reroll a class that isn't horrible! XD

Eh, I just went and started playing through the witcher 3 for now, and I got a ton of games to play through. Not wasting my time levelling an alt.

Reaching lvl 50 is easy, leveling and unlocking skills is what I find most annoying, but eh... it can be done without too much problem. I do agree though, that playing other games sounds very tempting, Overwatch and Witcher 3 are great :p

Not played Overwatch, played Battleborn instead. But yeah, there's lots of other great games out there that doesn't have an arrogant, ignorant dev.

im doing a fresh borderlands pre-sequal run with the doppleganger, seems buffed since i last played him. Certianally a better experiance and communication from the creators to the players, the gold key system was, and will always be, the best loot present's thats existed. they love their players, unlike other dev teams that shall remain obvious, but nameless.

I love me that Borderlands. Favorite multiplayer game. So good with friends too...
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well with the
    Minalan wrote: »

I agree with the above. Cancelled too. I'm for change, but I didn't sign up for street-fighter online button mashing.

Make the shields critable. Make them non-stackable. Whatever, neither of those changes would affect PVE, because you don't DO those in PVE.

Next patch learn the 10 hit combos! but for now learn ..

HADOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

6sec Hardened Ward + Z-Motion + Punch / Forward, Down, Forward + Punch + Hardened Ward

After reading all of the posts honestly what else can be said ...

1) PVP got more screwed up... wait till you try fighting NB , temps or DK , with new shields....
    2) R.I.P my pets , lack of health and shield now they are useless even more then before
    3) PVE players got screwed over PVP Whingers ( as apparently that is all that everybody dose PVP right?....)

i honestly love this game and playing every night for 4 hr i got my friends to buy xbox one just so we can all play this game and as most of them are mages back to square one...

We shall see what happens hopefully the changes will not pass and there will be some adjustment but the way things are .. not looking good.

I for one will not give up and will try to salvage whats left of nerferd mage however if that is not possible well then Stamblade or Magtemp.

and please try to refrain from saying "L2P , real mages can use 6 sec shields ect ect " good for you, you are top player im sure 90% of players just like to enjoy the game to PVE and finish dungeons with friends and with guilds socialize and have fun and as per other peoples posts there are many things missing from mages to begin with, and now with nerf its really bad...

Not going to lie I used to main Sorc since the 2014 release even main it through the sorcerer dark ages. But these days even tho I love playing sorcerer in other RPGs and such I just don't feel like the sorcerer class in this is a actual sorcerer. I more so feel that the Templar should have been the actual sorcerer, and they should have just made current sorcerer into a Summoner that focus on pet/player synergy for damage and support. I think that the non sorcerer community of this game just want sorcs to be free kills because they are sword wielders.

I wish sorcerers in this game was the true glass cannons of magicka with a high risk high reward playstyle like Nightblade was supposed to been. But w/e one must adapt.

But ya if you like the mage archetype then I highly recommend switching to Magicka Templar so much more fun and versatile in pvp atm.

I'm actually more interested in playing the Sorc Warrior archetype, as you see evidenced in a lot of NPC Bosses throughout the game. I think there should be room for all, in all classes. Most of the suggestions I make about the game, I try to think about how it effects gameplay for all roles: St-DD, M-DD, Tank, Healer. I personally feel there is a lot that could be done. Getting rid of the Toggle-system for Sorcs would be a great start. Toggles are great (as I've said many times) in a game where you have 30+ skills. In a game with so few abilities, it just feels very unengaging to click 2 abilities and watch your pets mindlessly run around doing their own thing. Even if it were worthwhile it'd be mindnumbing. (City of heroes had a great mastermind system, but again this game also had hordes of buttons. This game needs to keep that in mind). I really think Bound Armor should have that ghostly fire look from past TES games, and it should be a summoned pc of armor you click and lasts anywhere from 12-30ish seconds (like other armor skills in the game). This would serve 2 purposes. Firstly it would make your style underneath matter, and secondly it wouldn't be so boring. It might also have opportunity to do something cool like on second click or after meeting requirements (like grim focus for nb) you could attack with a bound weapon, iconic for this playstyle in the series. Bound Armor's conditional attack could also have a magic morph for the mage's armor, and stamina morph for the stamina armor. It would be beautiful and solve a lot of problems. To make up for the freedom removing of toggles would provide, Overload would need to lose its own bar. Liquid Lightning could stand to be a better skill, there's a lot of ways they could go about it so I have no comment here.

Shields. I have a brainstorm idea/solution to the shield issue. When shields are active they could reduce magic regeneration. Blocking (the stam version) could also get the same treatment, as 0% regeneration is plain stupid and overly punitive. In turn, give all shields a better duration (except perhaps Templar Blazing shield as it relies on its duration to build burst). 6 seconds while an eternity in pvp is really not that long in a cycle of attacks. The animation time alone sucks up some of that time meaning all mage players have to muck about with shields far too much to be fun. The counter I'm suggesting would hopefully make up for that by giving a magic cost that is actually felt, without being punitive.

I agree with the opinion that Dark Exchange needs more love in the current environment though, particularly if Shields will remain the same. I use to use Dark Exchange (even in pvp) but using BE/Streak through whoever I was fighting and immediately popping that ability. I usually had time to get the heal, (Bolt escape probably helped here, as it could also eat projectiles) and was already popping shield while they were re-engaging. I can see what he means about the risk/reward in that sense. I think the problem now is where the shield comes into play, and unless Surge is amazing (which reports are saying is not) some rethinking needs done. Again I hesitate to make suggestions because it is all contingent on other things.

Pets and tanking are also an odd combination. Theoretically it sounds fun to have a clanfear on your tank. In practice it is ridiculous. The cast time is too prohibitive to make this viable, because once a tank engages anything serious he doesn't have time to wave his hands for 1.5 seconds. A boss (or enemy player) will splatter him over the pavement if he does that. This is just bad design and goes against the grain of the way the game is built. If they want Tank Sorcs to use the Clanfear they need to rethink cast times for this ability. The healing twilight is the same issue. If you want this to be the means by which Sorcerers become healers that is fine, but it needs to be more 'on demand' than it is currently. Please take these ideas under advisement.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't @Wrobel promise to raise the flat health value of Crit Surge one more time before the patch it live? I checked it on live and its about a 3k heal in PvE. (non-crit) No buff.

Which means keeping crit surge up religiously in PvP will give you about 1.5kHPS. Which is about what Rally does without the burst heal.

Why did we get dropped again at the last minute.
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing pretty ok last night in duels. Still as I expected a fear can kill me if it's a few seconds into my shield time, and the stamina cost to break free has skyrocketed. Took 65% of my stamina to break free. I use to be able to atleast get off 3 break frees with my 9k Stam pool now o cam only get 1 sigh

So stamina is the best by far to play as in PvP now I guess, lol.

Yea honestly. Stam can get away with little magic but we have to have magic or reduce break free cost. We may all have to begin using reactive I guess lol.

Ooooor just reroll a class that isn't horrible! XD

Eh, I just went and started playing through the witcher 3 for now, and I got a ton of games to play through. Not wasting my time levelling an alt.

Reaching lvl 50 is easy, leveling and unlocking skills is what I find most annoying, but eh... it can be done without too much problem. I do agree though, that playing other games sounds very tempting, Overwatch and Witcher 3 are great :p

Not played Overwatch, played Battleborn instead. But yeah, there's lots of other great games out there that doesn't have an arrogant, ignorant dev.

im doing a fresh borderlands pre-sequal run with the doppleganger, seems buffed since i last played him. Certianally a better experiance and communication from the creators to the players, the gold key system was, and will always be, the best loot present's thats existed. they love their players, unlike other dev teams that shall remain obvious, but nameless.

I really need to play through that someday, just boring alone, lol.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Replace it with Snow Storm skill line or something

It goes with the theme of storm calling.

It would be neat to have Ice magic.

This sounds really cool, but I think if they did this they would HAVE to create a Daedra summoning world skill line just so people who built their character around summoning pets wouldn't freak. I'm not averse to either idea though, as I really feel ice magic needs a stronger showing in the game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't @Wrobel promise to raise the flat health value of Crit Surge one more time before the patch it live? I checked it on live and its about a 3k heal in PvE. (non-crit) No buff.

Which means keeping crit surge up religiously in PvP will give you about 1.5kHPS. Which is about what Rally does without the burst heal.

It got increased by a massive 30%. So instead of healing for 1.5k it should be healing you for 1,950. I'm down to two Sorc skills on my bar, and I will still be stuck using Two Handed.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other games the pets are not dots they are the bread an butter in the DPS kit. Everything else is supplementary. A summoners damage and utility comes from... their Summons. Obviously that's not going to be so. But a devoted pet build should be pulling 16k DPS off the two pets and curse. As I have said before a Templar can just kab their way to 15, while keeping themselves healed up nice lol.

For the investment we should be getting alot more return. As it is the only time pets seem to be useful to me, is with my PvP pet build. But to have a fee skills that are only good on PvP is one thing, we have more than an entire tree full of skills that are USELESS in group pve

Let's list them, RuneCage Atro (Twilight Clanfear some use if you are healing perhaps but in a group it's a major DPS loss) Mines lightning form Ward curse boltEscape Negate encase and exchange. That's 12 skills lol 2 whole trees of skills that really have no place in PvE DPS, and really when you get up there in trials Surge also has no place so it's down to these Overload Frags Liquid bound armor and Endless. 5 skills that every sorc MUST HAVE. 1 of them takes 3 slots, and OL is being replaced by METEOR in trials. Endless is buffed and will split the damage of their are adds out, frags are RNG and have to proc and OL is bugged where it stops working and you are screwed.

On my DK I am like a kid in a candy shop. So many choices that can end in viable options. I always feel like I am having to give up something to go one way or the other, same with Templar and NB. So many viable skills I don't know which to choose. What a problem to have. Templars can play in close or far with 2 viable spammable options same with NB DK is bound to whip but they can play a bit more defensive more AOE lots of ways. So much options. We have 1 build and most of those skills have weird quirks or are plain bugged.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested my suppression field pulls 3k DPS and was unable to kill a giant. My OL gave me 50k dps and decimated a giant. My atro gave me 3500k dps and could not kill the giant. We have one ultimate that is very strong, and 2 ultimates that ultimately would be FAR betrer replace with an METEOR. We have such weak sauce ultimates and the worst part is they are actually expensive lol
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heal on the other negate morph is best replace by a 50k barrier lol, that actually also heals you up. Ughhh just sad
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness do I despise utterly despise bound aegis the band of Sorc variety.... really should be a passive....
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »

It got increased by a massive 30%. So instead of healing for 1.5k it should be healing you for 1,950. I'm down to two Sorc skills on my bar, and I will still be stuck using Two Handed.

I haven't been able to patch yet but I heard they only increased the Power Surge heal?

Two things @Wrobel. I can deal with the nerfs to Surge and shields.

1) Remove the root/snare at the end of Streak. Enough is enough.

2) Give Bound Armor the Magelight, non toggle treatment.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Grao
      Grao
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Goodness do I despise utterly despise bound aegis the band of Sorc variety.... really should be a passive....

It is so sad, I had hoped the Healing Negate would be strong enough to finally give our class some much needed raid utility, but nope... Still better to use Barrier :( Sorcerers just, all together, suck.
    2. Ajax_22
      Ajax_22
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »

I haven't been able to patch yet but I heard they only increased the Power Surge heal?

Looking back at the patch notes that is correct. Only the base skill and Power Surge got the 30% increased heal. Looks like we get the short end of the stick again.
    3. cpuScientist
      cpuScientist
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »

Looking back at the patch notes that is correct. Only the base skill and Power Surge got the 30% increased heal. Looks like we get the short end of the stick again.

Wait what . They skipped on ours oh my did not notice that. What utter BS
    4. cpuScientist
      cpuScientist
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It is so sad, I had hoped the Healing Negate would be strong enough to finally give our class some much needed raid utility, but nope... Still better to use Barrier :( Sorcerers just, all together, suck.

Oh yea barrier actually heals. And mine is 50k so that's a good bit of mitigation. The healing one is very much meh if you look at it it's about 48k HEALS. Vs heals and 50k barrier, now since barrier only hits 6 maybe a healing negate is better if it hits everyone, bit it's a small radius for that in a trial bit we'll see. I think it's well horrible lol but whatever. Maybe who knows. It should just do both honeslty heal and damage, since the heal is kinda weak and so is the damage lol. And the other morph be a Stam hurricane that also silences or something lol can't really hear anything if you are in a hurricane hahahaha :(
    5. Natas013
      Natas013
      ✭✭✭

Oh yea barrier actually heals. And mine is 50k so that's a good bit of mitigation. The healing one is very much meh if you look at it it's about 48k HEALS. Vs heals and 50k barrier, now since barrier only hits 6 maybe a healing negate is better if it hits everyone, bit it's a small radius for that in a trial bit we'll see. I think it's well horrible lol but whatever. Maybe who knows. It should just do both honeslty heal and damage, since the heal is kinda weak and so is the damage lol. And the other morph be a Stam hurricane that also silences or something lol can't really hear anything if you are in a hurricane hahahaha :(

It's dark magic so it should be a poison cloud that applies a DoT and silences for the DoT's duration as you can't cast with your lungs filled with poison.
      RIP Ellania Delome
      June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
      A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
      Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    6. RebornV3x
      RebornV3x
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Might as well just lock or delete this thread not like any of this feedback mattered anyways I don't understand why its even called a PTS more like a demo or early release sad just sad.
      Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
      I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    7. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dark Exchange should include a 6 sec Minor Regen buff after returning resources on cast.

Rune Prison should not break on DoTs. This effect should carry over to Defensive Rune so it can be used with Lightning Form.

Rune Cage should include DoT after breaking.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. cpuScientist
        cpuScientist
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ok ZOS lock this thread.
        But Final word is, you nerfed us hard and dirty.
        Next patch you owe us changes, real changes to our pets our dots our DPS our utility and our useless skills.
        Do not disappoint us again. Manu great suggestions here.

Now close the thread and get to work.
      2. cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
        cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ok ZOS lock this thread.
        Next patch you owe us changes, real changes to our pets our dots our DPS our utility and our useless skills.

Knowing zenimax we'll just get nerfed again next patch as we still got one decent build left. It won't do to leave sorcs with anything remotely good.
        R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
        VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
        March 2014 - May 2016

3. Grao
        Grao
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ok ZOS lock this thread.

Knowing zenimax we'll just get nerfed again next patch as we still got one decent build left. It won't do to leave sorcs with anything remotely good.

I doubt there will be any End Game PvE sorcerer left by then, so it won't make a difference. Why are you guys not changing your signatures??? The Dark Brotherhood is out hunting all the sorcerers!
      4. InvitationNotFound
        InvitationNotFound
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I doubt there will be any End Game PvE sorcerer left by then, so it won't make a difference. Why are you guys not changing your signatures??? The Dark Brotherhood is out hunting all the sorcerers!

Haven't given up on my sorc yet. even when they completely fu***d up my build (not the standard resto / destro build). maybe i will in a few days or weeks. at least i have 3 more chars laying around already equipped and skilled...
        We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
        You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
        Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
        RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
        Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
        Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
        Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
      5. Grao
        Grao
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't given up on my sorc yet. even when they completely fu***d up my build (not the standard resto / destro build). maybe i will in a few days or weeks. at least i have 3 more chars laying around already equipped and skilled...

When you give up on your sorcerer because it is simply not as fun to play as the other classes remember to change your signature to include your character was murdered by the Dark Brotherhood.
      6. Lava_Croft
        Lava_Croft
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        So many rubber spined Sorcerers.
      7. Grao
        Grao
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Lava_Croft wrote: »

Speaks the nightblade main that can do really well in pretty much every roll, is the highest Magicka DPS (togheter with Templars, I guess) and the strongest Stamina PvP build.
      8. cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
        cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Lava_Croft wrote: »

Says the ganker NB that's overjoyed they can just gank every single class now and not have to work at all for anything, LOL. Go play a sorc some and then you can speak about it, not when you play the strongest or at least second strongest class in the game. xD
        R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
        VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
        March 2014 - May 2016

9. GrigorijMalahevich
        GrigorijMalahevich
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Huh, 'em trolls are wild.

Hope that before Dark Brotherhood hits Xbox I can get my vMA sharpened fire staff...

P.S. @Grao signature updated :smile:
        PC/EU 800 CP.
        PvP MagSorc.
        Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
        Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
        Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
        Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
      10. Grao
        Grao
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Huh, 'em trolls are wild.

Hope that before Dark Brotherhood hits Xbox I can get my vMA sharpened fire staff...

P.S. @Grao signature updated :smile:

Great Signature @Valera Progib ! Yours too @cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO , hadn't noticed you changed yours too! XD
      11. Natas013
        Natas013
        ✭✭✭
        I wonder if I go to forums on PC and make a signature would it post when I post on the mobile version.
        RIP Ellania Delome
        June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
        A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
        Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all