Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    We could of course all go to the ESO live 'ask us anything' thread and ask @Wrobel to share his Sorc crit tank build >:)

I really wish we could organize all dissatisfied sorcerers and make protests in game and on the chat for the ESO Live. It would be funny at least.

lol What would be better.... is with some editing and some self made videos we patched together a video of the "million sorc" march for equal rights, balance, and.... see where im going with this...

Better get all sorc like 100+ in one place on top of the tower and one by one like lemmings we jump off resulting in mass suicide bahahaha i can just see it now one by one falling down while bodies pile up

Tsk, jumping is not sorcerer enough! We Streak off of a tower to our deaths... We have to stand very close to the edge though or we may end up not moving forward enough and that would be embarrassing.

Either way, at least our useless pets would now be standing on our left side. Isn't that awesome?
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    We could of course all go to the ESO live 'ask us anything' thread and ask @Wrobel to share his Sorc crit tank build >:)

I really wish we could organize all dissatisfied sorcerers and make protests in game and on the chat for the ESO Live. It would be funny at least.

lol What would be better.... is with some editing and some self made videos we patched together a video of the "million sorc" march for equal rights, balance, and.... see where im going with this...

Better get all sorc like 100+ in one place on top of the tower and one by one like lemmings we jump off resulting in mass suicide bahahaha i can just see it now one by one falling down while bodies pile up

Tsk, jumping is not sorcerer enough! We Streak off of a tower to our deaths... We have to stand very close to the edge though or we may end up not moving forward enough and that would be embarrassing.

Either way, at least our useless pets would now be standing on our left side. Isn't that awesome?

As a best RP class we can make a R.I.P. PvE Magicka Sorcerer Event on base of this activity! Sreaking to death is cool!

Don't forget to take summons with you. :smiley:
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »

As a best RP class we can make a R.I.P. PvE Magicka Sorcerer Event on base of this activity! Sreaking to death is cool!

OMG, please make it happen and post it here on the Forums! I would love to read everyone's reaction to it, but specially ZOS and @Wrobel . Actually, just picturing their reaction makes me laugh.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, please make it happen and post it here on the Forums! I would love to read everyone's reaction to it, but specially ZOS and @Wrobel . Actually, just picturing their reaction makes me laugh.

You are aware that they are already laughing about the Sorcerer class and community in their office, as shown in one of the previous ESO live shows.

We need no event :)
    Edited by Dracane on June 29, 2016 1:45PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

You are aware that they are already laughing about the Sorcerer class and community in their office, as shown in one of the previous ESO live shows.

We need no event :)

I am quite aware Sorcerers are one of Zenimax's office jokes, betting they are having a laugh at giving us such significant changes as one pet stands on your left side and one pet stands on your right side. Pretty sure they must be having a laugh at bosmers too after giving them the amazing passive 'Takes 10% less fall damage'. Alas, I think a video of sorcerers Streaking into suicide would make me laugh and might raise some awareness in that dumb company that some players are simply so fed up with their BS we simply don't care anymore.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    At 10% less fall damage we'll need a tower tall enough for wood elf sorcs…
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, my fellow Sorcerers, I have to admit that the new changes made me a much better player. After spending some time in the DB patch with my sorc I must admit that after running solo open world in 10 days I lost only 2 duels (from around 50 fights) to stamina Nightblades when my weapon swap bugged (actually it is my not coordinated hands, but lets blame the game :) ). It is much harder to 1vsX due to resources, but just yesterday fightning 1vs5 I managed to kill 2 oponents and run out of resources (wanted to swap seducer + magnus for kagnerac + skoria, but ended up with skoria + 2 items from seducer and 4 from magnus which is a massive loss, due to not having that 8% bonus is a big letdown in an already disadvantaged fight). Will craft Magnus chest today and become even stronKer.

Honestly, running open world was never more fun than it is now.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I'm asking is to lower the skill floor a bit so more people can enjoy playing the class. Too many have quit or play other classes.

While it's fun being the only sorc around in the raid group, it's not good for the game as a whole. I'm not the elitist type to hoard secrets or want to be the only unique snowflake in the room, I want everyone to have fun. I want more sorcs to fight, duel, and play alongside.

1. Reduce the cost of a few abilities. There's a reason all of us went to seducer/Magnus sets this patch. Mines. Hardened ward. Streak. Think about it, even 3% cost reduction would go a long way.

2. Add two seconds to hardened ward. Six seconds only works when you animation cancel everything, because it only lasts five seconds by the time the animation is done playing.

That would lower the skill floor so that more people can enjoy the class.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also: why are we wasting time on the bound armor toggle skill animations when the few benefits that it gives are a single PASSIVE for nightblades?

It's embarrassing @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. Really.

Lower the skill floor for this class. Buff hardened ward and bound aegis.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    All I'm asking is to lower the skill floor a bit so more people can enjoy playing the class. Too many have quit or play other classes.

While it's fun being the only sorc around in the raid group, it's not good for the game as a whole. I'm not the elitist type to hoard secrets or want to be the only unique snowflake in the room, I want everyone to have fun. I want more sorcs to fight, duel, and play alongside.

1. Reduce the cost of a few abilities. There's a reason all of us went to seducer/Magnus sets this patch. Mines. Hardened ward. Streak. Think about it, even 3% cost reduction would go a long way.

2. Add two seconds to hardened ward. Six seconds only works when you animation cancel everything, because it only lasts five seconds by the time the animation is done playing.

And there you hit the primary problem right on the head. Some classes and specs are more challenging than others, therefor see less use in the game. As a result we end up with this cycle of buff this class and nerf that. In that respect, this devastating hand we've been dealt in DB may be the best thing to have happened to sorcs. With previous nerfs we've received up to this point, we've adapted well enough and sorc player count remained high. It's evident at least in PvP that sorcs are an endangered species. With that, and in keeping with how things tend to be done here, sorcs should see some nice buffs in the next major balancing patch.

Then again… they may eventually may realize that they're creating all these ebs in class population and just stop with the nerf buff cycle :expressionless:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    At 10% less fall damage we'll need a tower tall enough for wood elf sorcs…

I did think of that when I was writing this, but I thought mentioning it would be rubbing salt on that raw wound. What an awesome passive you guys got!
    Minalan wrote: »

Though I will agree that sorcerers can still output DPS when played properly and can be good in PvP, we are still plagued by toggles cluttering our bars, reducing the number of abilities in our rotations, leading to a rather dull game play. Lowering the cost of a few skills that are mostly oriented to PvP will not change that.

We could use an active component for both Bound Armaments and Aegis, a way to increase the proc chance of Crystal Fragments, pets that are affected by Sorcerer Passives and Champion points. The list goes on and it is long...

That not to mention we have very little for role flexibility. Sorcerer tanks are at an all time low, even though @Wrobel declared Surge to be a good skill for tanking (this remark by him still being a great LOL moment for me) and Sorcerer healers would be actually powerful, but the pet has 7-8k health that can't be increased, it still dies way too fast in any large fight...
    Edited by Grao on June 29, 2016 10:07PM
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just blow the class up, and have three classes for the three roles and put all the sorc skill lines as world skills…

This way everyone can have ward… wait they already do :grimace:, mines, curse, frags, and streak. Maybe with everyone having streak it'll be unnerfed.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bahahahahahaha @Grao streak to our death ok that's a better idea

We should so organize that !
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I think a gathering of sorcs-r-deaders in one pkace for a streak-to-die then "mass" delete sorc characters is a fantastic idea.

Should really be done, if serious about this.

I think it would be a great way to make clear to the devs and all players just how large this important community is and that knowledge would help drive zos and their decisions.

Should live stream on twitch with main promoters right up front as hosts leading the soon-dead-sorc "hoardes" as they surge ahead.

This sounds fantastic.

Really.

I think good could come of it.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know right? I haven't logged in on my sorcerer in a while, but I'd do it just to do this one thing. Need a streamer to record it and post it here for ZOS.
    Options
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suprisingly I have found that a stamina sorcerer in heavy armour using surge is pretty effective as I can still clear 45% crit but this isnt a tank but an anti gank build tbh.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Suprisingly I have found that a stamina sorcerer in heavy armour using surge is pretty effective as I can still clear 45% crit but this isnt a tank but an anti gank build tbh.

You said it your self, it is not really a tank. Taking is all about reliability, you need to be reliable and thus you need reliable skills. No tank will put any confidence in a HoT that has a 45% chance of healing and 55% chance of smiling as you die. >.>
    Options
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its not a tank build as it doesnt have a single tanky skill on it barring hurricane. It does have alot of dots, in fact it has no real direct damage attacks barring a stun. It works fine for the heals but I wouldn't tank group stuff with it.
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    OK! We can do this. I can make a record of this RP stuff or stream what ever is more preferable. We should just set up date and time on as many megaservers as we can and gather as many Sorcerers as we can, who will follow this idea. Talking with guildmates or friends and spread this to all who still care about Sorcs will deffinitly help.
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK! We can do this. I can make a record of this RP stuff or stream what ever is more preferable. We should just set up date and time on as many megaservers as we can and gather as many Sorcerers as we can, who will follow this idea. Talking with guildmates or friends and spread this to all who still care about Sorcs will deffinitly help.

I will definitely take part, any streamers for NA that can record it on our side? XD
    Options
  • Ipslor
    Ipslor
    ✭✭✭
    So this thread isn't pinned anymore... heh heh
    Options
  • Fields1816
    Fields1816
    ✭✭
    The nerf to the class shields was just uncalled-for. In the IC patch you nerfed them and i was ok with it thought it was done wrong and ended up leading to shield stacking but agreed it needed a nerf. Just simply making them critable would have been better. Now nerfing them again to less than a third of the duration is just a slap in the face. Its not like the sorc is the op class like it was at console launch. That title now belongs to NB´S. In a 1v1 sorc vs NB of equal skill, equipment and cp the NB wins 99 out of 100. All they have to do is hit us make us pop our shield stealth wait 2 seconds stun us for 4 sec than burn us while feared. Makes no sense whatsoever to nerf something thats not op to begin with. I very seriously doubt any of you care anymore i guess your vision of the character is more important than the people paying your salary by playing this game.
    Options
  • lepemetus
    lepemetus
    ✭✭
    relaxed83 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Instead of just the patch notes maybe ZOS could make explanations on why they make changes like nerfing the shields on sorcs rather than just posting what they did. This would prevent atleast some ranting and raving, personally I'm against the sorc shield changes... completely destroyed my play style and I'm against the changes to prox det... it works fine why was it nerfed against single players that doesn't make sense... it's weaker than velicous curse but takes time to cast... I'm pretty much useless against DKs and anyone who was reflect spells or scales on now...plus they just lock me down and flame lash me over and over until I'm out of magicka because I'm spamming shields to stay alive...it's ridiculous.

If these changes are implemented I am going to cancel my sub and quit playing...I only play a sorc class magicka and now it's pointless.

You still have that magicka sorcerer? If so, how's it working out for you?
    Edited by lepemetus on August 3, 2016 3:17AM
    Options