Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Sig Changed
    Grao wrote: »
    Huh, 'em trolls are wild.

Hope that before Dark Brotherhood hits Xbox I can get my vMA sharpened fire staff...

P.S. @Grao signature updated :smile:

Great Signature @Valera Progib ! Yours too @cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO , hadn't noticed you changed yours too! XD

Like I said in another post, I will theory craft but not optimistic about it.

@Grao Updated Sig. :)
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkvoril wrote: »
    Sig Changed
    Huh, 'em trolls are wild.

Hope that before Dark Brotherhood hits Xbox I can get my vMA sharpened fire staff...

P.S. @Grao signature updated :smile:

Great Signature @Valera Progib ! Yours too @cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO , hadn't noticed you changed yours too! XD

Like I said in another post, I will theory craft but not optimistic about it.

@Grao Updated Sig. :)

Yes! One more joins the movement, though your signature doesn't look as fun as ours XD But yes, yet another victim of the Dark Brotherhood... So much sorcerer blood spilled.

Good luck with the theorycrafting though, the gods know I tried to figure something while this disaster was on the PTS< but with skills that are not affected by CPs, pets that only get the needed health buff in PvP, an unreliable HoT that only procs with Crits and is weaker than other classes HoTs, nerfed shields, near to no utility, no spammable, no build flexibility... I just couldn't find a good or even a fun answer...
    Edited by Grao on June 2, 2016 2:27PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    I wonder if I go to forums on PC and make a signature would it post when I post on the mobile version.

Yes, it would.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel

Can you please look at Cyrodiil metrics for sorcerer's post DB patch? It seems that everyone has the memo now to stun a sorc four seconds into a shield and then kill us in 1-2 shots.

Six second hardened Ward is NOT working. Initial feedback from just about every sorcerer is negative.

Please investigate and adjust!
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Can you please look at Cyrodiil metrics for sorcerer's post DB patch? It seems that everyone has the memo now to stun a sorc four seconds into a shield and then kill us in 1-2 shots.

Six second hardened Ward is NOT working. Initial feedback from just about every sorcerer is negative.

@Minalan , the Dark Brotherhood didn't get to your sorcerer yet? Lucky man... :open_mouth:
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I've still got a couple weeks before I experience this fresh hell you speak of.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I've still got a couple weeks before I experience this fresh hell you speak of.

Don't worry, the dark brotherhood is coming for you too... It is coming for all the sorcerers.
    Edited by Grao on June 2, 2016 4:44PM
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The place that a spammable would come in real handy is not PvE, while it would be great there, it's in PvP. I cannot alot sword and board to try and shore up my weak defenses without a shield. I HAVE to use destro for every single scenario. Stam classes have access to 5 spammables, from weapons. That are all viable in one part of the game or another. WB and flurry in PvE and PvP (flurry got shorter so it's a bit easier to land in PvP but a bit shaky still) puncture low slash and Snipe are all very much viable in PvP and have varying success in PvE.

Sorcs have 1 and it's the least damaging and most expensive of all the magicka spammables. It really sucks. Also, while I'm at it the animation is so uninspired and tacky. It causes big sustain issues and we have no sustain built in class except OL, which alot of us prefer to not run, and is actually a DPS loss vs Meteor in prolonged fights. And we have a passive for Health recovery, like really lol???

Man my poor sorc. I won't quit the guy but ZOS has. I am going crazy trying to theory craft some way for him to not just plain suck lol.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in dungeons I have 17k+ health and when I pull out a pet it goes up to near 18k+ health. Such a negligible difference. Only sorcs who build for health would find it useful and thwy would have so little Magicka at that point that what would be point of pets that scale off Magicka. So once again @Wrobel switch the health from the pet passive with the magicka for bound aegis...
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we have to keep dark deal, then make it into a strong magicka Vigor. Let it come in years every second for 3 seconds. Or just take off the time lol and make it insta cast or a channel. Also I never use the magicka return one. It's suicide. Use the one that gives stamina back.
    Edited by cpuScientist on June 3, 2016 11:34AM
    Options
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    As one of the more experienced sorcs in the game I am wondering how the average player is doing right now. Game already felt stamina heavy before I took a break and it is even more saturated now. Unless you have 500 CP, a ton of magicka/regen to hit your shield every 6 seconds and some decent skill.. GL
    Edited by tist on June 3, 2016 1:38AM
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just asking the obvious, having been away from the PTS thread which is oddly still going post release...

isn't the first obvious question "but what about the 10 sec shield?" or "what about triggering an annul 3 secs in" so you always have time remaining?

Not even considering the "use mitigation" option of course bc nobody ever does that.

A number of years ago, our local college team had an unusual basketball strategy that got us 20+wins a season and into NCAA year after year but never beyond sweet 16. mostly it was a stall offense to let players less, launch an offensive run at 10sec to the clock and then run an absolutely hyper ball hawking defense that was an awesome thing to behold.

Problem was, against very good teams that timing on the offensive side was too predictable and well coached players could time it just so and we hardly ever mixed up the timing on them. Coach left, took same plan to another conference, got similar results... almost always many wins and into ncaa but never advance far.

Anyway, insomnia got me here. otherwise cant imagine i would be back. Too much to do in game.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL so what you're saying is, if we learn to adapt with a sub par toolkit, we can be in the running but never achieve top tier? So business as usual then.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    So many rubber spined Sorcerers.

Speaks the nightblade main that can do really well in pretty much every roll, is the highest Magicka DPS (togheter with Templars, I guess) and the strongest Stamina PvP build.
    Templars too, on par with MagPlars, StamDK and StamPlar are also very strong in PvP.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changes went live. None of the few solo and smallgrp ( > = 4ppl) sorcs i talked to are sticking to the class. Lovely.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That probably says more about those Sorcerers than anything else. It takes a spine to stick to your class.
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That probably says more about those Sorcerers than anything else. It takes a spine to stick to your class.

Takes a spine to play something else than godblades. :)
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Just asking the obvious, having been away from the PTS thread which is oddly still going post release...

isn't the first obvious question "but what about the 10 sec shield?" or "what about triggering an annul 3 secs in" so you always have time remaining?

Not even considering the "use mitigation" option of course bc nobody ever does that.

A number of years ago, our local college team had an unusual basketball strategy that got us 20+wins a season and into NCAA year after year but never beyond sweet 16. mostly it was a stall offense to let players less, launch an offensive run at 10sec to the clock and then run an absolutely hyper ball hawking defense that was an awesome thing to behold.

Problem was, against very good teams that timing on the offensive side was too predictable and well coached players could time it just so and we hardly ever mixed up the timing on them. Coach left, took same plan to another conference, got similar results... almost always many wins and into ncaa but never advance far.

Anyway, insomnia got me here. otherwise cant imagine i would be back. Too much to do in game.

The empowered Ward is almost 9K (8900?). Hardened is usually 30% larger, or closer to 12K.

Empowered usable, but too small. A single poison injection bow attack takes your shield down and eats into your health. Then it's stun and GG.

Tonight's PVP has revealed that this class is hopelessly broken:

* You can't fight a dragon knight. Don't even try a 1v1. Your non reflectable attacks don't damage them while blocking, and everything else that can hurt them they reflect back.
    * You will never kill a Templar Solo. Not with a six second shield and the skills we have, most are smart enough to just stun and finish you.
    * Vampire nightblades are everywhere. Their resource regeneration means that they never run out, and the heal debuff means little with how many heal spells they can cast.
    * You die to bow shots, constantly. Sometimes in two hits before you can get a shield off.

Sorcs can do well when hidden in a Zerg, that's about it. Those are the only kills you get, mobbed and overwhelmed targets. Small group you're an easy kill. 1v1 you're a joke.

I'm doing fine in PVE, I'll probably mostly stick to that. I finished the pledges tonight and had a blast. I'll probably try Cyrodiil again when they fix the medicinal use passive, because I can't play without 15 seconds of immovable.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It takes a spine and a lack of brains to PVP with a sorc now. It's so much death. Sometimes 10-12 in a row, especially if the other side has a couple of archers target you.

It's bad out there. I wouldn't mind being this squishy if we had the damage to balance it. But we don't. This is ass.
    Options
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes a spine and a lack of brains to PVP with a sorc now. It's so much death. Sometimes 10-12 in a row, especially if the other side has a couple of archers target you.

It's bad out there. I wouldn't mind being this squishy if we had the damage to balance it. But we don't. This is ass.

I know, sorcs are pretty much dead, and most people are abandoning the useless class to play a class that's actually viable and won't be laughed at for just being that class.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be one of those stubborn sorcs holding on and in need of an intervention :/

Either that or I'll figure out something that actually works until they nerf that next patch. :unamused:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL so what you're saying is, if we learn to adapt with a sub par toolkit, we can be in the running but never achieve top tier? So business as usual then.

Wow, just wow.

No. That was never said.

Point missed.

Went over your head.

Just wow.

Almost totally the exact opposite in fact.

HINT: the moral of the story is your predictability is what makes their timing lethal. So, yes, you CAN CHOOSE to adapt to successful but not top if that is your goal. But you could also choose to adapt to higher by throwing the timing off... thus the questions about other shields, rotations etc.

Again point missed.

Oh and following up the story, after ditching the 20 win season mostly ncaa coach for a more aggressive one, we got almost no 20 win seasons and no ncaa at all for about 6 years. Seems that being GOOD wasn't "good enough" until they showed being GOOD wasn't easy.

I remember when the Charges fired a coach after a 14-2 season bc of poor playoffs and then startedf wishing they had 14-2 again after a while.

guess its saying something about perspective.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭

Wow, just wow.

No. That was never said.

Point missed.

Went over your head.

Just wow.

HINT: the moral of the story is your predictability is what makes their timing lethal. So, yes, you CAN CHOOSE to adapt to successful but not top if that is your goal. But you could also choose to adapt to higher by throwing the timing off... thus the questions about other shields, rotations etc.

Again point missed.

Oh and following up the story, after ditching the 20 win season mostly ncaa coach for a more aggressive one, we got almost no 20 win seasons and no ncaa at all for about 6 years. Seems that being GOOD wasn't "good enough" until they showed being GOOD wasn't easy.

I remember when the Charges fired a coach after a 14-2 season bc of poor playoffs and then startedf wishing they had 14-2 again after a while.

I'm sorry, six seconds is six seconds no matter how you slice it. I get the point, I just don't think the analogy fits. If your set up already consisted of shield stacking this nerf won't hurt that bad, so long as you can adjust. If you've managed with one shield with a healer present and a second (healing ward) w/o one present, then the adjustment will be harder. Not only will you have to come to terms to being a shield stacker, but you'll have to relearn all situations.

Just seems a big hassle. On top of that, deciding what skills to keep and what skills to toss. Not that I've given up on it mind you, just saying that if this isn't the end of sorcs, then it's the end of sorcs. Mark my words, this won't stand, and more nerfs will follow. I say this because now to PvP you have to be a skilled shield stacker, and as such the whining from other classes will be resounding.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, just wow.

No. That was never said.

Point missed.

Went over your head.

Just wow.

Again point missed.

I read this, but all I could see is "Blah blah blah blah sports metaphor blah blah blah! "

I'm going to try impen gear next, but I think it's mostly a hopeless thing. We don't have the kind of heals or cloaking to keep up with stamblades or Templars.

Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel please hear me out. Is there anyway that bound armors magicka and stamina be given as a passive and bound armor be left there but as something else, domt know what but maybe something that would help tanks or something of the such. It's just really killing diversity and fun having that always have to be equipped. I really want to run pets but it's really hard to justify losing all that DPS for some weak pets. But if bound armor was a more defensive tank oriented skill, it would free up those slots for DPS to use.
    Edited by cpuScientist on June 3, 2016 9:30PM
    Options
  • holosoul
    holosoul
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys

zos doesn't care
    and they don't read this

why do you keep posting here
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holosoul wrote: »
    guys

zos doesn't care
    and they don't read this

why do you keep posting here

i agree, take to social media, the forums are a dump for everything they dont want getting out to the public.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What would that mean coming from a class that has always had vaible (and fun) builds to play. Might take spine to stick to sorcs - not to nightblades. You´ve had a nice downhill ride since patch 1.2 with no end in sight.

What you´re saying is: "Let them eat cake."

Apart from the obvious - what made you think they switched class. Most simply don´t play at all anymore bc it takes a very special kind of person to find what´s left of eso interesting.
    Edited by Derra on June 4, 2016 2:06PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

What would that mean coming from a class that has always had vaible (and fun) builds to play. Might take spine to stick to sorcs - not to nightblades. You´ve had a nice downhill ride since patch 1.2 with no end in sight.

What you´re saying is: "Let them eat cake."

Don't listen to him/her, it's all just trolling and he/she trying to defend their super OP nb class and keep sorcs as easy kills.
    Edited by cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO on June 4, 2016 2:06PM
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last!!!
    Options