The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Massa2034
    Massa2034
    ✭✭
    It's not even in prime time the eu servers sucks, it's even when there is like nobody... GREAT JOB GUYS!
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the most depressing thing is server performance is still terrible despite there being far fewer people playing ESO on this server compared to the beginning of the year when the issue started to materialise.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since yesterday (Wednesday) I have strange FPS drops in PvP. Other guild members as well, at the same time.

Tuesday I haven't noticed anything like that. This irritates me a bit. Might be AddOn related or game related.

Has anybody else noticed something like that?

And yes, the EU server is a bit strange now. I still think the loading screens and performance is terrible.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Eva13
    Eva13
    ✭✭✭
    SkyMagpie wrote: »
    A lot of people on this thread pointed out that crashing and being unable to log in aren't the only problems.

Infinite loading screens or just 15 min loading screens, 700+ ping in dungeons making it impossible to finish vet content, overall lag is just few of the things happening to EU since Sunday (20.10.) and I haven't seen anyone address this problem. At least tell us if this is worked on or something. :(

It's happening not since Sunday. These issues more than 2 years old. They just periodically appear and disappear. Of course, with the release of the new DLS, the load on the servers has increased dramatically and they can not cope.I looking forward to the start of the witches festival, let's the laaaags begin.

• nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    Seriously, the state of the servers is beyond a joke! I would love to actually play the game i'm paying monthly for, the last 2 days have managed to log in once, keep getting Error 200 message. Fix the servers for gods sake!!

Erm... no!
    On another note, would you like some crowns?

I have more than enough crowns thank you very much, don't need anymore, what I need is a server that works.
    Moronic post.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, the state of the servers is beyond a joke! I would love to actually play the game i'm paying monthly for, the last 2 days have managed to log in once, keep getting Error 200 message. Fix the servers for gods sake!!

Erm... no!

I have more than enough crowns thank you very much, don't need anymore, what I need is a server that works.
    Moronic post.

Nope, it was sarcastic...
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Erm... no!

Moronic post.

Nope, it was sarcastic...

Yeah well you know what one says about sarcasm?
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, well, well. Infinite loading screen, Alt+f4 out of the game, go back in annd, check your internet connection. Try again, Failed to Login, try again, Error 304, try again, this account is already logged in. Tried through steam and directly through Bethesda launcher and no success. Thanks Matt Firor, these first Performance Updates are
    a) As useless as the performance usually is.
    b) So not surprising.

Thanks a bunch :(@ZOS_MattFiror

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I am terribly disappointed. I love this game but... ZOS is "Killing it"
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When thing like this happens once its ok, we'll gonna do better next time. When it repeats it's self few times questions should be asked. When this happens every time we have update, DLC, event heads should roll. Just saying.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    DarkDeal wrote: »
    mocap wrote: »
    high ping in PUG dungeons 300-600+ ms. PC EU. Started yesterday.

It's because u play from Oblivion >:)

Or rather, the server is located in Oblivion. Or in Germany, which is the EU equivalent of Oblivion when it comes to internet connection. I still can't fathom why so many companies set their servers there, with the abysmal quality of their lines. Almost any other place in Europe would be better. Are servers this dirt cheap in Germany to justify using one of the worst internet a company could get ?

Because Germany (in this case Frankfurt) still houses Europe's biggest internet exchange (DECIX). Interconnectivity is key in server housing. And please don't mistake your poor customer ISP quality with commercial ISP connectivity. If the ping rate is lousy then it's usually because the companies don't want to pay for better service, this won't be different in any other city/country.

Ahem. I'm not in Germany. I have a full optic fiber up to my living room, 20+ MBps, a ping that never exceed 80 ms wherever I ping anywhere in the world (except, obviously, ZOS servers), all that for less than 20 euros a month.

Now of course I understand that it's not the same when trying to run a server. I mean, I used to be a network and system tech, some years ago. What I don't understand is why you'd need to build them physically next to a major node when that also means having to bear with ***-poor ISP, higher than average traffic costs, awhen you could get all a pretty decent interconnectivity somewhere else, without all the hassle.

But, as I admitted mysef, I was a pro in that field years ago, not today. I'm not up to date with current techs. Or costs. Still, an IXP is supposed to allow for reduced cost (probably effective, else ZOS wouldn't use it) and latency. Obviously, the "latency" part fails tremendously and has been failing for years now.
    Edited by Uryel on October 24, 2019 7:56PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And login queue is back on, it appears. Seriously @ZOS_MattFiror, are we supposed to still believe the alleged upgrades to PC-EU server capacity at this time? It really seems more likely that you let it burst at the seams until the flood dies down again and the rabble goes quiet...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    And login queue is back on, it appears. Seriously @ZOS_MattFiror, are we supposed to still believe the alleged upgrades to PC-EU server capacity at this time? It really seems more likely that you let it burst at the seams until the flood dies down again and the rabble goes quiet...

While conspiracy theories are fun, the combination of a new DLC and one of the more popular events of the year may have bumped populations above what they are normally provisioned to handle. I have not checked the official source of ESO-Is-Dying numbers, but it will probably show a distressing bump.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this? Login queue? Wasn't that the thing of the past? Or ESO crowd got even bigger? :O
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO players queueing ;)

giphy.gif
    Edited by Thorvarg on October 25, 2019 6:08PM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hates EU
  • TheBigBadDoom
    I can understand why there is a log in queue and I have no issues with that.
    What I do have an issue with is that it has been stuck on 13 min 17 sec for the last 20 minutes.

Why can't we have an accurate wait time?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can understand why there is a log in queue and I have no issues with that.
    What I do have an issue with is that it has been stuck on 13 min 17 sec for the last 20 minutes.

Why can't we have an accurate wait time?

I don’t understand why there is a log in queue. Many of us pay a reasonable amount of money for the game and we expect ZOS to be able to manage user numbers effectively. Allowing players to actually log in to a mmorpg is the most basic, fundamental requirement of a games management company. Putting in place measures to cope with demand fluctuation is an essential part of this. The fact that ZOS has spectacularly failed to do this not once, not twice, but regularly this year is an indication of the attention to detail and care and commitment they have to their customers - which is close to absolutely none.

I am not surprised the clock doesn’t work. It was lashed together with string in the last 10 seconds of development of the queue management system. They don’t care if you have to wait and they double don’t care how long you wait so why the f would they bother to give you (or me) any indication?
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Performance improvements."

staf.gif
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me lies, tell me swwweeeeet litttle lieeees.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8ece5786ceee0b1a65d3beda547373ec--grumpy-cat-meme-grumpy-kitty.jpg
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

While conspiracy theories are fun, the combination of a new DLC and one of the more popular events of the year may have bumped populations above what they are normally provisioned to handle. I have not checked the official source of ESO-Is-Dying numbers, but it will probably show a distressing bump.

They weren't prepared before the alleged upgrades, they aren't prepared now... But they're always prepared and willing to take my sub money and that of whoever unfortunately chooses to buy they funny money units. I'm sorry, I'm fed up. This isn't normal. Yes, I'm questioning whether they ever upgraded anything about the servers, or simply waited out the new player surge so they didn't have to spend precious cash.
  • KittyGotSpells
    KittyGotSpells
    ✭✭✭
    elsewhere.jpg
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    ESO doesnt work after new patch and during an event?

What ze twist....
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Some people should be fired it's as simple as that. If higher ups take into consideration their customers, fire the people who are responsible for this ***, this post is from last june and claims solving EU servers issue which peaked in last APRIL, how can you still let this people run this server which is breaking day after day ?
    Edited by Suryoyo on October 26, 2019 12:34PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think you have to fire few pple.
  • befriendlyordie
    befriendlyordie
    ✭✭✭
    wanted to make this my newest signature but didn't care to find out how .....

800f1e4b77409a4fe0b66950b100cd20.png
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭

Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• KittyGotSpells
    KittyGotSpells
    ✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »

that appears to be the same image link as the one before... you sure you cancelled? xD
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m also gone. When I finally have some time in a busy day, I don’t want to use it in a que.

I’m more frustrated than it seems. The amount of time, money - real life actual can-buy-food-for-my-son money - I had put into my beautiful little killing machine is being taken for granted by a badly disciplined corporation.

So this is your consequence, zos. If you want my time back, it’s time for you to play ball.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3rd maintenance in one week. Hahahahahaha.

No but seriously. I spent so much money on Crown Stuff lately and it looks like the game is finally gonna be dead and EU server will be scrapped completely.

If the EU server is switched off for good and there will be no porting of characters to NA, can we get our money back @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade