The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point event = inability to play the game.

Every day of the event I've had cancelled trials (because people can't log in), or trials with 600 to 999+ ping (usually accompanied by disconnects), or just not been able to play when I have wanted to (due to the log in issues). Running around a delve or public dungeon has been about the highest level of play where the performance has felt tolerable (not good, but tolerable).

I have been looking forward to this event all year (I started playing shortly after the last one), but it's been made impossible to enjoy even if I do manage to scrape together some of the rewards for it.

I'm not one to scream "compensation" but some extension to the event due to all of this would be pretty appreciated given how much there is to do during it.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry: with their current "skills" the upcoming stability improvements will be a blast.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite loading screen, just after a bg match. You are breaking things that were not happening, each PATCH something new is broken.
  • frankiegoestowork
    frankiegoestowork
    Soul Shriven
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers.

So basically you have been aware of EU PC servers issues for few months ...... months ? .... MONTHS ??? ......

YEARS !!!!

• Schwarzstahl
    migrate PC-EU to AWS already!
    dynamic ressource up- and downscaling

i know, z aka bethesda are greedy little *censored*

but the hell...
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we expect an official statement regarding the ongoing server issues, it's causes and a Roadmap of how to fix this poor state of the server? @ZOS_MattFiror
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but the hell...

I am pretty sure that this game would not run on AWS.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itzmichi wrote: »
    When can we expect an official statement regarding the ongoing server issues, it's causes and a Roadmap of how to fix this poor state of the server? @ZOS_MattFiror

I assume never.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    1st zos takes away the 2x AP event twice, and now they give us a broken Witches festival...
  • Marigold1
    Marigold1
    ✭✭✭

but the hell...

same holds true for AZURE as well
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    For the 5+ years of this game we have suffered and this festival is a real hindrance, Zos need to redeem themselves before us old and new players leave, its not fun coming home from work to stare at load screens, I and a few others will probably be willing to agree that all of us from the EU server would appreciate something like a 1 month free gift of subs or a large sum of crowns or crates, with at least 1 legendary mount or something, none of that usual rubbish you get in the crates, or a 1 time, 1 item in the game of our choice, because In my mind and I think all would agree here that, we deserve the BIGGEST apology, for this shameful performance we put up with...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, spend more money.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA has a few north americans, split like 40/60 between PC and console.

EU (being over 90% PC) has whole of Europe, Asia, Africa, and even South America, Pacific and Australia, because they used to have better ping to EU than NA.

Since the 5.2.5 it has become unplayable on EU, and every attempt and patching it made it actually a lot worse. This morning you can't even go 5 minutes without getting into endless lag and ultimately DCing. Even skill animations stopped working. For some people even Sprint stopped working.

If you don't upgrade your server capacity in the matter of hours to days, you're gonna lose majority of EU players. Maybe that's the idea, to avoid paying for new server rooms by just disgusting enough players into leaving.

And that's not even taking the last two patches into consideration, that ruined majority of builds (so much for 'play as you want' ZOS...)
  • befriendlyordie
    befriendlyordie
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

If you don't upgrade your server capacity in the matter of hours to days, you're gonna lose majority of EU players. Maybe that's the idea, to avoid paying for new server rooms by just disgusting enough players into leaving.

^^That is exactly my point.

488c026c1e3f59173895ea3c21990f79.png
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they said they're working on the balance - the balance is shittier than ever. They said they're working on "performance" - EU server is shittier than ever. Good job, ZOS.
  • sergiok
    sergiok
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.
    Hello! I suspect we'll get questions about performance more than a few times today, so I prepared a description of what we have going on to address performance concerns - on a number of fronts.

Even though there is very little new information here, we definitely could be doing a better job of keeping everyone appraised of how things are going while we are in process. We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

Second, the looking for group system. As we posted last week, we are working on a 100% revamp of this system, which is mostly used for Dungeon and Battleground queuing. We have a version done that we are testing in-house, although it will be a while before it goes live. We want to make sure that the solution we have scales correctly and will support the now massive numbers of players that are using the system. We are planning for revamped LFG system to be in Update 24, depending on how testing is going. Until then, we will continue with the only solution we have (which we posted about last week in the LFG update) - cap the number of players in the queue. We know it is extremely frustrating to not be able to queue for dungeons and BGs and get "cannot join queue" when you try, but at least now once you get into a queue successfully, you should be able to join the dungeon or BG.

Third: overall performance. Rich talked about this in his end of year message six months ago: we are currently implementing sweeping optimization and memory management client architecture changes that should improve client performance and especially client stability. These optimizations will be most noticeable on lower-spec PCs, base Xbox, and base PS4, but overall everyone should notice better stability and performance. This is scheduled for Update 24. Additionally, we have another set of optimizations scheduled for Q1 next year that will reduce the client "footprint" requirements and should speed up loading times.

Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this.

Obviously if anything else crops up, we'll investigate. I know that it can seem like it takes an inordinate amount of time to address performance problems, but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this. Thanks for your patience, and we will keep you updated.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epwuxj0/

You'll find more details in our PC-EU Server Update thread from April here.

So since u had concerns about EU, u made NA bugged to so there is no racism between both???? was gone for 1 and half year from this game, and when im back its even worse that it was. Bye bye zos, i came back for nothing. Not fixing bugs that have been there for 3+ years!!!! comon ZOS! either hire new programmers, either close ur servers and stop feeding us with ***
  • wrath_of_erana
    wrath_of_erana
    ✭✭✭
    Does matt even read his own post? how embarassing for him and his “team”
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reread Matt’s post from Reddit.

It does seem as if either nothing has been done or all their efforts have been 100% spectacularly unsuccessful.

Server capacity still not able to cope with demand

LFG System not fit for purpose, currently disabled

Overall performance well the 7 patch updates and lengthy downtime we’ve seen over the last week tells it’s own story

Combat system improvements do seem to be having the effect ZOS desire of driving away some users, thereby reducing player numbers so the server can cope and ZOS can claim there are no issues.

Other issues I think there appear to be quite a few. Not least the perception that ZOS simply don’t care about their EU customers.

Maybe some kind of an update from ZOS’s perspective would be appropriate.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty cool that you did an AMA on Reddit where you replied "maybe" to all the questions you ignore around here.

Would be a lot cooler if you fixed the issues or even 1 of them, though. I thought about resubscribing the other day, but I'm glad I didn't, cause I'd feel cheated after getting login timeouts every night of the holiday event as usual.
  • Nevaee
    Nevaee
    ✭✭
    Well, I think everything started with Update26 and the holiday event.

To be honest - roll back before Update 26 cause things where still kinda working and also nothing was nerfed.

Not sure I need an event if it is this bad.
    Edited by Nevaee on October 29, 2019 7:21PM
    In Game EU Guild (German): Grollwerk
  • Walewyn
    Walewyn
    @ZOS: Back to work.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU is so bad it may as well be dead

Maybe far more changes are needed at ZOS to solve the ongoing problem!

Edited by Gythral on November 6, 2019 9:08AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is wrong with the server. 2 kicks to login screen in low peak hour Cyro. So this is not only load, it is unstable.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 minutes after logging in, downed a dragon in Northern Elsweyr, everyone froze around me, couldn't loot the dragon or bar swap, then got kicked to log in screen followed by login timeouts and error 301s.

At this point, I've pretty much had it. Game is all but dead for me. I can't believe something can be so mismanaged.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix your servers
  • ivanakamarkus
    ivanakamarkus
    ✭✭✭
    is there a way to get a refund
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there a way to get a refund

040b484c40357e76be1fc8ca419955ad.jpg

Mamamamamoney back!

Edited by pdblake on November 6, 2019 1:34PM
  • pdeb360
    pdeb360
    ✭✭
    Fire ur team and hire new ones. They got clearely no clue what they are doing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capitan Jean-Luc Picard reacts to EU servers being down... again.... :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_WY0s_1XM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel updated