The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    So they said they're working on the balance - the balance is shittier than ever. They said they're working on "performance" - EU server is shittier than ever. Good job, ZOS.

Yeah, thats proof they work on it. Else it wont get worse. B)
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also work a lot on crown store. Somehow they manage to not mess it up, or of they do, they somehow fix it asap.
    Priorities...
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyhow, i’m not sure having an event AND a free weekend on a clearly unstable and overloaded server is a good idea for this weekend.
    But then again... priorities.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zsban wrote: »
    Anyhow, i’m not sure having an event AND a free weekend on a clearly unstable and overloaded server is a good idea for this weekend.
    But then again... priorities.

But we are killing it.

bjQ8Tzp.png
    Because I can!
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh it makes all sense now. They are indeed killing the eu server... good job zos!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, killing it... stone dead.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Jessy1981
    Jessy1981
    ✭✭
    Must be .... well we could log in with massive long loading screens, we finally could start the trial but we then had disconnects, and massive lag etc so guess what we gave up. I will enjoy a nice peacefull night on the couch watching netflix... those netflix people do know how to prgram their stuff and keep me watching....
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like this game, i do. I cant say i love it, because problems like this arent only known since yesterday, and there are many more, but nontheless its still the best MMO out there, maybe not performance wise, but from the story, quests, world and gameplay, with some exceptions.

But to hear them admitting that they never even attemted to work on the Servers is... heartbreaking. They werent optimal since release, at least EU, and they didnt get any better over the years. They needed work a long time ago already.

This game could be the most played and most profitable MMO on the market if ZoS knew how to handle it, but that doesnt seem to be the case or they just really dont care, and both options are truly a shame. Everything they would have invested in this game would have come back to them tenfold... at least some time ago. Now, at this moment, im not to sure anymore. Its a little bit too late now.

The overwhelming amount of problems to this day combined with the very questionable marketing desicions over the last years held this game back from what it could have become.
    A great idea of a game, with already not great programming, bugs and glitches untouched since many years, then abaondoned by its creators and left to people who truly dont care about the game or the players, refusing to work on the important parts of the game that need changes and fixing, probably not even able to work on them... i really dont know what to say anymore. Its just so sad. It didnt have to go this way, all of this could have been avoided.

Honestly, starting to work on performance now, i truly dont think that will save you or the game anymore.

I personally cant support you anymore by keeping Eso+, fix this game or let it die, but please dont pull a Bethesda and milk it for its last drops over multible years.
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, enough is enough, after 3 years of being patient and paying for ESO+ I have finally cancelled my subscription.

Good luck finding another mug who will tolerate your lies for as long.
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope people don't have short memories, and their next project they are on with, most likely funded by this shite show, fails, am sure even then Zo$ are too thick as to understand why.

Fix your servers/game or shut the crap down.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    Let's hope people don't have short memories, and their next project they are on with, most likely funded by this shite show, fails, am sure even then Zo$ are too thick as to understand why.

I think I already know what the next MMO will be like from them. It will look like a AAA game, but it will suffer from malnutrition.

I am here for the Elder Scrolls. I doubt that ZOS will have a second game that interests me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i love eso universe, but that being said i stopped subbing several years ago and have given all my money of the years to another game, which is a shame. Every now and then i pop into forums to see if they have fixed anything, and its the same news.

Before this game was released people said their 'modified engine' wasn't suitable for a mmorpg, but they denied it.

6 months or so into the game they realised the game was hack-able so they had to remove a lot of the client code onto the server (engine not appropriate) game performance went over a cliff.

maybe a year later the devs create a few threads advising performance was top priority. and here we are so many years on, and still same. in those years they could have written a new engine if they had the ability.

The game engine is not fit for purpose and never has been, and the development house is incompetent, no piece of software with a customer base like this should be in such a state. If you want to help the game, stop paying money to them and make it clear why you are not paying, that's the only hope. At the moment you are getting fleeced.

Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on November 9, 2019 4:26PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am here for the Elder Scrolls. I doubt that ZOS will have a second game that interests me.

I second that.
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Playing a different game (and paying the subscription) now; it is not perfect but I have to admit that when there is a problem, the comments posted by the company are... refreshing :smile:

And, yes, the issue was solved.
    ... first and foremost want to address the issues we’ve been experiencing with our <name> server this past week. It’s being very stubborn and every time we think we have it nailed, it decides to kick some players from various areas in the game and won’t let them back in for a while.
    Not a great experience for anyone and I apologize we haven’t fixed it already. We believe it’s an intermittent hardware issue, making it difficult to isolate, so we’re rebuilding that server and will deploy a new one later tonight.
    We’re going to have to take the European servers down, but we’ll look to get it done while most of you are sleeping. We will let everyone know when we’ve completed the effort...

Food for thoughts.
    Edited by 888and888 on November 10, 2019 10:24AM
  • befriendlyordie
    befriendlyordie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah only SOME players have issue though according to ZOS. lol yeah some ..... whatever.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else get triggered by the "thanks for your patience" messages?
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to try Cyrodiil again this evening.

I got to the area where combat was taking place and just as I was about to enter the fray, I was promptly logged out...

Your PC-EU server is a bizarre joke.

Why do I even bother at this point?
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to try Cyrodiil again this evening.

I got to the area where combat was taking place and just as I was about to enter the fray, I was promptly logged out...

Your PC-EU server is a bizarre joke.

Why do I even bother at this point?

Was just thinking about coming back to Cyro. Thanks for keeping me out of that lag fest
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thread is a joke and insult to the ESO community.
    we don't want magical words, well presented and perfect grammar speeches with fancy words and lore friendly terms

we want a properly functioning product and performance so we can play the game!
    we pay money for this game! invest in your product!
    PC EU

• iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance issues , constant nerfing/buffing abilities forcing players to change builds , gear etc constantly , blue screens , certain classes made obsolete , combat teams incompetence , terrible sustain on mag this patch , class identity destroyed , werewolves obsolete.

I could go on but I think my point is clear , ZoS doesn’t seem to give a steaming pile of the brown stuff about the paying players of this game.

Bethesda is a joke now , once one of the best developers in gaming has gone EA on us , it’s no wonder players are leaving so quickly now.

If you want the games population to keep supporting it , fix it.

If you want the games population to stay loyal , give us a road map on what the future vision is for the combat and why it’s changing so often for the worse.

Yes I am disgruntled, yes I am angry but but that’s because I love TES and this game with a passion.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another event extension due to server problems again?
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Another event extension due to server problems again?

I hope NOT. I'd prefer them to cancel this and all future events including the 'free to play' joke and simply sort out the EU server, just get it to how it SHOULD be. maybe replace some elastic bands, gaffer tape, whatever it takes because it is a joke as it is at the moment.
  • Delesch
    Delesch
    Soul Shriven
    Playing gets more and more frustrating. Login takes few minutes, teleport takes few minutes - that's no fun.
    I like events, but if events cause performance issues, please fix the problems before launching new events.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is not performing

end of !!!!

Time for it and all involved in it from the very top down to do the right thing!!!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • dammike4b16_ESO
    dammike4b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i left fallout 67 fore what i was told a better and stable game what i can tell you i feel right at home same server grap what is this company becoming sad to see it go to s***
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.
    Hello! I suspect we'll get questions about performance more than a few times today, so I prepared a description of what we have going on to address performance concerns - on a number of fronts.

Even though there is very little new information here, we definitely could be doing a better job of keeping everyone appraised of how things are going while we are in process. We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

Second, the looking for group system. As we posted last week, we are working on a 100% revamp of this system, which is mostly used for Dungeon and Battleground queuing. We have a version done that we are testing in-house, although it will be a while before it goes live. We want to make sure that the solution we have scales correctly and will support the now massive numbers of players that are using the system. We are planning for revamped LFG system to be in Update 24, depending on how testing is going. Until then, we will continue with the only solution we have (which we posted about last week in the LFG update) - cap the number of players in the queue. We know it is extremely frustrating to not be able to queue for dungeons and BGs and get "cannot join queue" when you try, but at least now once you get into a queue successfully, you should be able to join the dungeon or BG.

Third: overall performance. Rich talked about this in his end of year message six months ago: we are currently implementing sweeping optimization and memory management client architecture changes that should improve client performance and especially client stability. These optimizations will be most noticeable on lower-spec PCs, base Xbox, and base PS4, but overall everyone should notice better stability and performance. This is scheduled for Update 24. Additionally, we have another set of optimizations scheduled for Q1 next year that will reduce the client "footprint" requirements and should speed up loading times.

Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this.

Obviously if anything else crops up, we'll investigate. I know that it can seem like it takes an inordinate amount of time to address performance problems, but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this. Thanks for your patience, and we will keep you updated.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epwuxj0/

You'll find more details in our PC-EU Server Update thread from April here.

You're telling me that the issues with this game's infrastructure were so unforseen that you had no contingency whatsoever in place in case this event caused the same problem that it causes every year? So much so that you're just now getting together to talk about a resolution?

If that's the case, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i love eso universe, but that being said i stopped subbing several years ago and have given all my money of the years to another game, which is a shame. Every now and then i pop into forums to see if they have fixed anything, and its the same news.

Before this game was released people said their 'modified engine' wasn't suitable for a mmorpg, but they denied it.

6 months or so into the game they realised the game was hack-able so they had to remove a lot of the client code onto the server (engine not appropriate) game performance went over a cliff.

maybe a year later the devs create a few threads advising performance was top priority. and here we are so many years on, and still same. in those years they could have written a new engine if they had the ability.

The game engine is not fit for purpose and never has been, and the development house is incompetent, no piece of software with a customer base like this should be in such a state. If you want to help the game, stop paying money to them and make it clear why you are not paying, that's the only hope. At the moment you are getting fleeced.

100% agree with this. Was crystal clear years ago and ZOS just milking the ESO universe with fancy words.
  • Nando70
    Nando70
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.
    Hello! I suspect we'll get questions about performance more than a few times today, so I prepared a description of what we have going on to address performance concerns - on a number of fronts.

Even though there is very little new information here, we definitely could be doing a better job of keeping everyone appraised of how things are going while we are in process. We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

Second, the looking for group system. As we posted last week, we are working on a 100% revamp of this system, which is mostly used for Dungeon and Battleground queuing. We have a version done that we are testing in-house, although it will be a while before it goes live. We want to make sure that the solution we have scales correctly and will support the now massive numbers of players that are using the system. We are planning for revamped LFG system to be in Update 24, depending on how testing is going. Until then, we will continue with the only solution we have (which we posted about last week in the LFG update) - cap the number of players in the queue. We know it is extremely frustrating to not be able to queue for dungeons and BGs and get "cannot join queue" when you try, but at least now once you get into a queue successfully, you should be able to join the dungeon or BG.

Third: overall performance. Rich talked about this in his end of year message six months ago: we are currently implementing sweeping optimization and memory management client architecture changes that should improve client performance and especially client stability. These optimizations will be most noticeable on lower-spec PCs, base Xbox, and base PS4, but overall everyone should notice better stability and performance. This is scheduled for Update 24. Additionally, we have another set of optimizations scheduled for Q1 next year that will reduce the client "footprint" requirements and should speed up loading times.

First, solution upgrade the Server stop compromising and changing the database because that didn't work, extended memory as mentioned should be done at the same time as the Server is upgraded-

Second: when you start testing that new system in PTS, listen to the community for once ffs, don't push *** ahead just because it works in your internal server, it has to actually work in a massive scale such as PTS, or we all be back to square 1 again with the same bs, same *** different name.
    I AM A GAMER
    Not because I don't have a life
    But because I chose to have many!
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how-to-abandon-ship-9781944824129_lg.jpg

Just In case someone needs instructions here...
    Edited by KoultouraS on November 15, 2019 8:48AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burn this mother down, Pookie!