The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Malubeth

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    so we have our 2 typical possibilities:

- set is still broken or even more broken

- set is useless

We will see :trollface:
    Apply the cyrodiil 50% passive to it and reduce or change the health buff, and it's fine. Ans I think that's the bug they'll fix. The heal bonus doesn't get cut by 50% like every other heal.

you realize that there are other sets out there where the value stated doesn't get it's reduction as anything else. maybe if that's the "bug" they should "fix" everything and not just that set?
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on July 30, 2016 1:10AM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    "As well as reducing its overall effectiveness."

:sleepy:

Completely unnecessary if they'd just fix the bugs. Malu was niche but effective when built around for many months before they broke it. Hopefully they won't gut it just to appease you people's irrational whining.

Wow. Kena and I agree on something. What is this? Is this a dream? :)

It's called being logical. Welcome.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now once this change gets implemented, I wonder what pvp gankers will argue about next that prevents their super pro ganking powers from securing their kills on tank builds?
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be fixing some outstanding bugs with this set and also slightly decreasing its overall power in Monday's update.

Thanks Gina, really appreciate you guys hearing the community on this one.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Now once this change gets implemented, I wonder what pvp gankers will argue about next that prevents their super pro ganking powers from securing their kills on tank builds?

Heavy armour, being able to heal or not being an NPC.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking four v501 guys to kill a malubeth exploting tank several minutes is finally soon gone. Thanks ZoS
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why are you guys nerfing the set on top of fixing it? The set was never in need of a nerf, in-fact it was under-performing until whatever bug occurred this patch that caused the healing spikes.

Some clarification would be very welcome.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you: Bugged/ not working as intended ain´t the same thing as broken/overpowered

Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be fixing some outstanding bugs with this set and also slightly decreasing its overall power in Monday's update.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this patch fix coming to the Public Test Server or to the Live Game? Do you know when Console players are expected to receive this fix?

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 30, 2016 9:36AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely unnecessary if they'd just fix the bugs. Malu was niche but effective when built around for many months before they broke it. Hopefully they won't gut it just to appease you people's irrational whining.

This. Working just fine on my pve tank, well I guess it's back to Bloodspawn then.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:sleepy: Completely unnecessary if they'd just fix the bugs. Malu was niche but effective when built around for many months before they broke it. Hopefully they won't gut it just to appease you people's irrational whining.

I think its getting nerfed because of Vitality potions. Malubeth was a good option before they even existed. We will have to wait and see. I'm betting Zos with change the "increase all incoming healing" to something else.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 30, 2016 10:38AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

People disagreeing with you doesn't make them irrational.

Rational evidence of how broken the set is has consistently been given, time and again.

People asked for a broken set to be fixed.
    Is it their fault if ZOS seem to be on their way to übernerf it?

No, it ain't.

It's bugged.

It was not imbalanced.

The set existed for many months without a peep from you people before they busted it. It was perfectly fine.

So yes, all of the "nerf Malubeth, reduce range, reduce proc chance, blah blah" suggestions are irrational.

It's called being logical. Welcome.

Logic is drawing conclusions on premises whose truth values you know.

You have no idea what ZOS fixes will consist of exactly.

So you're drawing conclusions from speculations, and aggravate your fallacy with argumentum ad hominem.

Word of the wise: wait and see.

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step 1) Fix the set. As in, fix the bugs.
    Step 2) See if Malubeth is brought back in line.
    Step 3) THEN, either buff or nerf a set. By Sithis, anything getting stronger because of a bug should not get nerfed in the meantime. Might as well nerf everything then.

I'd like to have more than 1 viable tank set for solo play after the bug fix, TYVM.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The worst offenders are also stacking reactive with malubeth, so thats honestly where you see the "knocked down without stam, but can't kill" because of

50cteyv7ovpp.jpg

reduces all damage a further 35% and then you get that malubeth proc, :trollface:

If you drop your ritual (as a templar), an enemy with this set who's standing in it has a permaproc on it. Which I don't think should be happening at all....

I've heard this many times but have yet to test myself. Why is this happening? I read the five piece bonus as the person wearing the set needed to be stunned/snared/cc'd to get the bonus- why is the opposite happening?

Or did I misread and you mean the Templar is standing in an opponent's purify?
    Edited by Jules on July 30, 2016 3:24PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules, Bee was saying that someone with reactive armor will have the 5PC set permanently procced while in an opponent's purify (because it snares).
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Jules, Bee was saying that someone with reactive armor will have the 5PC set permanently procced while in an opponent's purify (because it snares).

Alright, that makes a lot more sense. Tbh the snare proc from this set just needs to be removed entirely or the set needs to be give a harsh cooldown. Snares are everywhere and laced into nearly every ability. Makes no sense to take 35% less damage nearly 100% of the time.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Reactive is fine on it's own, away from Malubeth. There should be different set ups in this game as opposed to pure DPS. Without Malubeth, Reactive isn't half as good, but it makes for a nice tank set up. You also sacrifice other stats to wear it, and your ability to kill people is weakened. Eventually, without backup, you die.
    Edited by Elong on July 30, 2016 7:30PM
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I think Reactive is fine on it's own, away from Malubeth. There should be different set ups in this game as opposed to pure DPS. Without Malubeth, Reactive isn't half as good, but it makes for a nice tank set up. You also sacrifice other stats to wear it, and your ability to kill people is weakened. Eventually, without backup, you die.

Still, it's unnecessarily op. The set was designed before purify was given a snare. Either make the snare from purify not proc it or rethink the snare proc altogether. I'm sure it was never intended to have 100% uptime and I think 35% reduced damage if hard cc'd on cooldown is plenty tanky enough.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Still, it's unnecessarily op. The set was designed before purify was given a snare. Either make the snare from purify not proc it or rethink the snare proc altogether. I'm sure it was never intended to have 100% uptime and I think 35% reduced damage if hard cc'd on cooldown is plenty tanky enough.

Make it 20% then, the same as Shuffle, which is even more OP. Or on a hard CC, agree.
    Edited by Elong on July 30, 2016 7:36PM
    Options
  • Jerro
    Jerro
    ✭✭✭
    i only read here nerf this set, but this set have a easy Counter, you must only know that ;)

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jerro wrote: »
    i only read here nerf this set, but this set have a easy Counter, you must only know that ;)

Potatoes don't counter, they only proc. Look at Malubeth and how easy it is (or should be) to dodge roll backwards, but players keep bashing away lol.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While affected by Stun, Immobilize, Fear, Knockdown or Disorient effects, damage you take is reduced by 35%.

There is no reason to believe Reactive should provide its mitigation bonus when the wearer is only snared. The tooltip is very specific.

Jerro wrote: »

Potatoes don't counter, they only proc. Look at Malubeth and how easy it is (or should be) to dodge roll backwards, but players keep bashing away lol.

1. Malubeth heals twice per second. In the time it takes to break a beam, a bugged proc can easily heal a reeling opponent to full.
    2. While it's easy for an individual to break the beam, it is not easy to make other players do it. This isn't Street Fighter Online. Most fights involve other random players.
    3. It can proc frequently.

The bottom line is the set is broken. Nothing justifies the advantages it gives. The attacker should decide between breaking the beam or allowing the opponent to have 30% extra healing. Breaking the beam at all costs should not always be the correct approach.
    Edited by zyk on July 30, 2016 7:55PM
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Make it 20% then, the same as Shuffle, which is even more OP.

Shuffle doesn't always equate to 20% reduced damage. It's 20% dodge chance which is an entirely different ballgame. Comparing reduced damage and dodge chance is nearly impossible because it's all RNG based. You don't know if you'll be missing that light attack or missing that leap so it's hard to compare that to a flat 20% or 35% reduced damage of all attacks. As to whether or not shuffle is op is debatable, but a totally different subject.

However, I still think even 20% reduced damage 100% of the time is too much. I have no problem with it being a high number like 35% damage reduction as long as it's not static. The 5 piece is a big sacrifice, you're right about that. Still, not big enough of a sacrifice to warrant 35% static damage reduction. Nothing is.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shuffle doesn't always equate to 20% reduced damage. It's 20% dodge chance which is an entirely different ballgame. Comparing reduced damage and dodge chance is nearly impossible because it's all RNG based. You don't know if you'll be missing that light attack or missing that leap so it's hard to compare that to a flat 20% or 35% reduced damage of all attacks. As to whether or not shuffle is op is debatable, but a totally different subject.

However, I still think even 20% reduced damage 100% of the time is too much. I have no problem with it being a high number like 35% damage reduction as long as it's not static. The 5 piece is a big sacrifice, you're right about that. Still, not big enough of a sacrifice to warrant 35% static damage reduction. Nothing is.

If it only procced on hard CCs then I think it's a fair set. 35% reduced damage is nothing if you're being outnumbered, it's just going to take 35% longer to die, which in ESO at the moment equates to about one second lol. I honestly find shufflers more tanky than tanks.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The snare bug with Reactive proc'ing from enemy Purifies has already been brought to Wrobels attention. Hes mentioned in Eso Live that a fix was on the way. I have no idea why its taken so long for this bug fix to come in...

Reactive is not suppose to proc on snare's at all.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it only procced on hard CCs then I think it's a fair set. 35% reduced damage is nothing if you're being outnumbered, it's just going to take 35% longer to die, which in ESO at the moment equates to about one second lol. I honestly find shufflers more tanky than tanks.

I have no problem with it proccing a 35% reduction if it's restricted to hard cc's and thus has an internal cooldown atleast the length of cc immunity. Like I said, my problem is with snares, like purify, proccing it.

And I don't understand the line;
    it's just going to take 35% longer to die, which in ESO at the moment equates to about one second lol

I find the TTK is way way higher than other patches and everyone across the board is much much tankier in everything from duels to small scale, even largescale. Compare this meta to the previous instagibbing of soul tether/proxy/VD. It's no where near the low TTK it used to be. Being one shot is fairly rare from my POV, unless by a ganker specced entirely for ganking.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have no problem with it proccing a 35% reduction if it's restricted to hard cc's and thus has an internal cooldown atleast the length of cc immunity. Like I said, my problem is with snares, like purify, proccing it.

it's just going to take 35% longer to die, which in ESO at the moment equates to about one second lol

I find the TTK is way way higher than other patches and everyone across the board is much much tankier in everything from duels to small scale, even largescale. Compare this meta to the previous instagibbing of soul tether/proxy/VD. It's no where near the low TTK it used to be. Being one shot is fairly rare from my POV, unless by a ganker specced entirely for ganking.

Sounds like the snare bug is being fixed, so that'll sort the set out.

Once Malubeth is fixed the TTK is going to drop a lot lower. TTK is better, but still a bit fast. Or maybe it's just my 300 ping combined with my badness! I like that there's tanks around, it makes you have to select targets and kill orders better, it gives a variety of roles as well. Malubeth tanks are cancer though.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds like the snare bug is being fixed, so that'll sort the set out.

Once Malubeth is fixed the TTK is going to drop a lot lower. TTK is better, but still a bit fast. Or maybe it's just my 300 ping combined with my badness! I like that there's tanks around, it makes you have to select targets and kill orders better, it gives a variety of roles as well. Malubeth tanks are cancer though.

Agreed I hadn't realized this was deemed officially a bug, thank you @GreenSoup2HoT. The set will be fine if it just doesn't proc off snares.

That coupled with the incoming malubeth nerfs on Monday will make tanks make a lot more sense in Cyrodiil. Idc if you choose to go tanky, in fact I agree that it makes kill order and what not interesting if there's varied roles. But to have people that are unkillable is just ridiculous.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best thing is any mag dk fire skill has a built in snare so it's up 100% of the time.
    Jabs/sweeps give a snare as well as ritual
    Gap closers
    Most skills such as heoric slash
    Caltraps.

This set is so broken right now, snares need toning down overall anyway but people are walking around with 35% dmg reduction on top of the 50% cyrodiil gives..

My whip is noodle enough if you don't mind.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two more days Malubeth an ...

iwillcutyou.gif
    Options