The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cheating and Exploits

• phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    darjobuno wrote: »
    Okay so that leads me to my next questions:

Why am I still getting killed by people using macros performing 5 plus actions in under 2 seconds, especially considering that that response was dated from almost 2 years ago?

What is being done to insure that those who are breaking the rules learn their lesson not to do so anymore?

If the answer is that I have to report the people who are cheating then I better start getting a rebate on my subscription for having to do the work of the people I am paying money too for a service.

Why have I heard over and over again that these people are getting one week slaps on the wrist and being allowed to keep their accounts and to keep ruining the spirit of competition in PvP?

Few know for sure what the truth is about ZOS punishment duration. I hear the stories, but without some sort of corroboration, it is just a story.

My story is that ZOS only has one ToS person, and they ran off with the barista from the nearby Starbucks 2 years ago. I keep telling ZOS they need to go check the office. See for themselves. Sadly, they seem to be too busy.

At least, this is the way it seems.

I blew coffee out my nose reading this one. (God that stings.!) :smile:

Now i understand why ZOS is so busy wrecking the game with nerfs rather than police the very activity probably causing the nerf-driven whines of PvP'ers. It's Starbucks' fault.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mudcrab farm North East of Haven. ZOS please check this out.
  • SamboJ
    SamboJ
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Something needs to be done about the bots at Vivecs Antlers in Stonefalls. A Gamemaster needs to check this area for bot activity regularly because the bots have been there for WEEKS! A bunch of characters have been running on a "track" in the exact same lines for so long that I can't go back there anymore.

I will name & shame every character & account involved in a future post because the situation is unacceptable.

The people using this botting software are most likely refining in excess of 20,000 raw materials per day creating a massive pile of dreugh wax. The price they sell the legendary items for has deflated the market & they continue to sell their eso gold for REAL MONEY!! Most likely spent on funding a programmer to upgrade their botting software which will make fighting these bots even harder for you!

Vivecs Antlers was my very first eso grind spot over 2 years ago, I'm nostalgic & these bots are ruining my game experience. Reporting them in-game doesn't work at all, everybody reports them & nothing gets done about it!

I will name & shame every single one of them if I see them there again in 48 hours time. It's the only way I can get rid of them!!!

Regards,

SamboJ
    "Chasing elder scrolls since 2002."
    Founder of Tamriel Fisheries (PC/NA/2015)
  • SamboJ
    SamboJ
    ✭✭✭
    I have a pile of screenshots to prove they're bots - not players, if required.

I believe the botting software controls both keyboard & mouse, the mouse-movement would be identical for every player. They only attack as a group when they become targeted by an enemy & in certain locations (when targeted).

I've multiple certifications in software programming & engineering, I know instantly if I'm looking at a group of bots or not, mainly because I used to program track bots for opponents to fight against in Quake II.

Regards,

@SamboJ
    "Chasing elder scrolls since 2002."
    Founder of Tamriel Fisheries (PC/NA/2015)
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    SamboJ wrote: »
    I have a pile of screenshots to prove they're bots - not players, if required.

I believe the botting software controls both keyboard & mouse, the mouse-movement would be identical for every player. They only attack as a group when they become targeted by an enemy & in certain locations (when targeted).

I've multiple certifications in software programming & engineering, I know instantly if I'm looking at a group of bots or not, mainly because I used to program track bots for opponents to fight against in Quake II.

Regards,

@SamboJ

when you fight boters whole your mmoing life you now when you spot a bot , and eso mechanics is even better for script macros. boting then any other game because of non target system when u can spam light attacks, many botter has some kind autofight script they do nothing until nearby other player start the fight and there even horde of botter will appear,

in delves boters run like chicken without head - and often when lag and script is also laged they trying to hit or kill long gone mobs , returning to the start of the boting path and so on in the loop
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably best to take that video down mate, many have been suspended off the forums for naming and shaming, even known cheaters - Its Z0$ way.

Z0$ doesnt even respond in this thread unless its a random mod sweeping away posts, i cant see why anyone expects they are addressing cheating in ESO.
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    just a tip of an iceberg, more of bots are waiting in quest area instances , delves sometimes even radnom dungeon from GT, most of them using the same script like those above,

i dont understand why zos would ban any1 for catching a boter ? are they selling these bot scripts?

eso has already good game mechanics to isolate cheaters, they can be instanced like quest instanced with other cheaters , problem solved , once investigated by anticheat team ,

cheater always going to cheat , if they like that playstale and zos cares about cheaters money , they can instance them :D
    Edited by Anunakis on May 29, 2017 4:53PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS read this topic yet?
  • DragonSoull
    There are console cheaters they are just using old school methods is all. If you pay attention you can notice them easily, also tho knabout the ap farmers that got temp bans on all the platforms. Not that long ago we all know that zos is not quick on anything but we can at least all agree that it does happen.
    GT: Mr DragonSoull
  • Wolf_Manish
    PVP in Cyrodiil- certain NPCs that are on the wall of a keep will use the chain grab and pull you to the top of the wall- ignoring having to take down walls/doors
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only sure way to get rid of bots is to make farming simply not worth it. Global Farming Cooldowns. You can do X for a certain number of times, but after that you don't get any more exp/ore/etc. Too make it extra useless, make the limits apply to the account and not just the character.Not only does this make bots useless, but it would also act to stabilize the economy since you can't flood the market with near infinite amounts of mats/equipment/etc. Of course, the content that can't be effectively botted can be excluded.

That would *** off a lot of people though so it isn't really practical.
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    open pvp and all bots can be kill when spoted,
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anunakis wrote: »

Never going to happen

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »
    The only sure way to get rid of bots is to make farming simply not worth it. Global Farming Cooldowns. You can do X for a certain number of times, but after that you don't get any more exp/ore/etc. Too make it extra useless, make the limits apply to the account and not just the character.Not only does this make bots useless, but it would also act to stabilize the economy since you can't flood the market with near infinite amounts of mats/equipment/etc. Of course, the content that can't be effectively botted can be excluded.

That would *** off a lot of people though so it isn't really practical.

Yeah, this sounds good on paper, but there are non-bots that farm and may only do it for an hour or two, and then stop. Also, with the new resource nodes introduced in One Tamriel, it comes more likely that people will need to farm under more characters. It would be very annoying to be farming for a rune or alchemy ingredient and hit some cooldown that would prevent getting what you need.

Yeah, lots of fun when you tag one and 8 of them go after you using cheat software that has infinite health.
    Edit... even ZOS GMs are afraid to go after these bots! :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on May 31, 2017 12:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are console cheaters they are just using old school methods is all. If you pay attention you can notice them easily, also tho knabout the ap farmers that got temp bans on all the platforms. Not that long ago we all know that zos is not quick on anything but we can at least all agree that it does happen.

Are you implying because the community outcry on people exploiting the life out of blackboot mine flipping Z0$ handled that well?.

They temp suspended players for 3 days, one friend i used to play with farmed ~7 million AP. Because of the outcry most knew something would be done so they used up the farmed AP, buying motifs and such, listing them in traders or having in bank.
    They got suspended and any AP in that character was emptied but anything bought with the exploited AP remained. The 'punishment' was laughable and the matter was incompetently handled and only after the community outcry over x weeks.

It is to my mind, a company should be proactive on combating cheating and not force players who Pay2Play squander time in policing content that is rush released and minimally tested yet sold for a premium. If anything since launch, Z0$ has promoted exploiting in ESO with there lack of enforcement and transparency on the matter.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really DONT care about cheater's

...just see some addons with a LOT OF EXPLOITER's.

Someone gain real money for this situation...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw a blue, with a plant's name flying from chal's mine banner to the tower in the server with a god's name that used to be a server with a sword name...

After seeing that, I logged out... tomorrow I'll check if this crap is still there.

Seriously, I think the cheaters won the war... no reason to keep on trying...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR48V6vqtU

Someone post thi vídeo - new - in war and ic
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »

german thread where this has been posted:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/349611/ohne-kommentar

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom [snip]

Any of you care? Some feedback? Or are we still keep talking to each other here on your *** black hole thread?

[Edit for Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 5, 2017 1:26PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    just a tip of an iceberg, more of bots are waiting in quest area instances , delves sometimes even radnom dungeon from GT, most of them using the same script like those above,

i dont understand why zos would ban any1 for catching a boter ? are they selling these bot scripts?

eso has already good game mechanics to isolate cheaters, they can be instanced like quest instanced with other cheaters , problem solved , once investigated by anticheat team ,

cheater always going to cheat , if they like that playstale and zos cares about cheaters money , they can instance them :D

They are taking some steps. Look at the pts notes for Morrowind for dark anchors. If people do not move they get a dot placed on them that will eventually kill them. At least I believe that is how it works.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »

They are taking some steps. Look at the pts notes for Morrowind for dark anchors. If people do not move they get a dot placed on them that will eventually kill them. At least I believe that is how it works.

I have played with that new feature. I am not sure that this is as effective as it could be. It would be better to do a knock back when the charge goes off, in addition to the damage.
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »

boters just adjusted their scripts and can move to prevent deadly dot, only way is to kill boters (easy on cyrodiil) or report them to death ;/
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I and my group was in IC and we killed one Templar. After about 5-10 seconds he revived on same place with no help, we did this thing about 5 times and every time he stand up again and again...
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »

german thread where this has been posted:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/349611/ohne-kommentar

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom [snip]

Any of you care? Some feedback? Or are we still keep talking to each other here on your *** black hole thread?

Sadly blackhole thread is just that. This is where complaints come to die and never be seen again

[Edit to match quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 5, 2017 1:27PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever introduced this change from Z0$ just proves they are incompetent to be handling this situation and no wonder botting and scripting is getting worse in ESO.

Take an amateur 10 mins to tweek script to counteract this. Professional scripters have already accounted for this and have efficient scripts that rarely have a character standing in place for periods of time.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

Whoever introduced this change from Z0$ just proves they are incompetent to be handling this situation and no wonder botting and scripting is getting worse in ESO.

Take an amateur 10 mins to tweek script to counteract this. Professional scripters have already accounted for this and have efficient scripts that rarely have a character standing in place for periods of time.

Yeah, but many of the people doing it are not using scripts. They are setting something on the mouse button, or using a rubberband to hold the controller button, or just using the sticky mouse button feature in Windows.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter - I would say, that the lowest amount of people are what you described and they are the most visible when doing so and gain the least.
    You can simply purchase a professionally made script that already bypasses this 'new work' that Z0$ has done so i call it incompetent that someone is working on something that is already being bypassed.

These scripts cost way less than a re-skinned mount from Z0$, which plenty of people like to buy )

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    @lordrichter - I would say, that the lowest amount of people are what you described and they are the most visible when doing so and gain the least.

What ZOS did basically keeps the honest people honest. So to speak.

Edited by Elsonso on June 5, 2017 4:47PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then in my eyes it is even worse what your implying.

So Z0$ targets, out of all the exploiting going on in ESO, players who are rubber banding the controller, or macro'ing a repeat function on the mouse to fire an attack every 1 second.
    Like you said. Entry level and these players gain the least/damage the game the least because it is so inefficient.

Next time a DOT kills them standing still spamming HA, they will be on Google being pushed further into botting as its the next logical step, i think for most if they going to exploit anyway. Need to take the action of progressive botting away and leave it they have to use more simplistic scripts.

To be effective i would of hoped to see Z0$ targeting the more professional scripters as they are 'hurting' the game more than the low end rubber-banders. Even Z0$ taking some action on CheatEngine (Only been working in ESO for 3 years) would be more effective than this 'new work' they have released.

• Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like ZOS dont have any or a few control about exploit's in your game.

Edited by Juli'St on June 6, 2017 7:48AM
This discussion has been closed.