Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• Barbet
    Barbet
    ✭✭
    Same crap .. different day.. keep reporting it does work.. Be happy if you see goldfarmers that just means the game is still worth their time. With one Tamerial was supposed to bring players back to the game, but in reality it was like when a games start merging servers which means that the game is starting to die. Promise of bringing back players with Morrowin, ZoS advertising point. (Really its just sale'n the game again) Here's a thought ZoS how about addressing the cheaters and the botts, ya know the things that make people not enjoy their entertainment. Maybe we can keep the pvp players that we do have. MMO's has a select base of people to play your game or someone else's game.. think about it... anyways.. I've been playing this game since beta on the pc. Do what you want with your game.. I will play until I don't and I wont ever come back when I do leave because I will be playing another game.

And those that keep saying what this thread was made for way back when...Its so you can get your frustrations out and vent what makes you angry, so have yourself a good cry. Oh I am still angry that perma ban doesn't mean perma ban. That is the downfall of this game, that very day where ppl were suspended under the guise of perma ban.

I hope ZoS keeps making money, until I quit laughing.
    When I stop laughing, I stop playing
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QT_DevTeam wrote: »
    at least some gamemasters back!
    found in in the internet

ae9f493e91b2697ccf447f7f9d7ed821.png

Don't they need to investigate this beyond merely 'witnessing automation' ?
    Is that screenshot really from Zenny - hmmm

Actually, it does not exactly match the information that we have previously heard regarding these notifications. That is not to say that it is not from ZOS, but it is off slightly.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see all the new exploits with the warden class!!
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    If I'll be again in cyro I'll make video and screenshoots to show you all what's happening in imperial city and cyrodill , basicly yesterday evening , there was as fighting with dc and EP and same EP with dc and ad all big fight , suddenly my friend got stuck so I run help him , and he while we crouch there was guy I can remember his nick name but most of "players" standing around him and moving when he moves only and my friend started to run to attack them and when player with normal name moved the CLONES move too al same set sand they all used same skills kill my friend on one hit spotted me and all hit me with poison arrow lol about 10 of them with names like random letters something like that : mamdadhgshs sasdsaeswsee ,

What's happening with this game ? If they not running and collecting mats all the time now this ? :( sad sad sad

Sounds like a multi boxer
    I'm sorry but I am not familiar with multi boxer :(

I think Zeni took care of it because I can't find anyone like that anymore
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'll be again in cyro I'll make video and screenshoots to show you all what's happening in imperial city and cyrodill , basicly yesterday evening , there was as fighting with dc and EP and same EP with dc and ad all big fight , suddenly my friend got stuck so I run help him , and he while we crouch there was guy I can remember his nick name but most of "players" standing around him and moving when he moves only and my friend started to run to attack them and when player with normal name moved the CLONES move too al same set sand they all used same skills kill my friend on one hit spotted me and all hit me with poison arrow lol about 10 of them with names like random letters something like that : mamdadhgshs sasdsaeswsee ,

What's happening with this game ? If they not running and collecting mats all the time now this ? :( sad sad sad

Multiboxing is the practice of playing multiple accounts simultaneously using hardware or software to allow them to play all of the accounts at the same time. A multiboxer is someone who does that.

Either that, or they wear more than one pair of underwear.

• mbn89
    mbn89
    ✭✭

It's rare because it's generally not an easy or cheap thing to pull off. But you will know it when you see a set number of characters running in almost perfect harmony, then they all unleash attacks on you in perfect synergy, Imagine the most elite target caller of all time, a man that demands respect and he says a target in chat....then magically everyone at the exact same time trashes the same target instantly..... except in this case the target caller has direct control of all the players involved....that's multi boxing.
  • mbn89
    mbn89
    ✭✭
    Hey though so I'm recently learning about animation cancelling (new player). Is that still a thing that I should be mastering or, is it gonna be taken out in the near future. From an rp standpoint I don't like seeing characters spasm around like they have a bad case of teretz but If it helps the dps then....ok.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mbn89 wrote: »
    Hey though so I'm recently learning about animation cancelling (new player). Is that still a thing that I should be mastering or, is it gonna be taken out in the near future. From an rp standpoint I don't like seeing characters spasm around like they have a bad case of teretz but If it helps the dps then....ok.

No indication that they are changing their stance on this. It is here to stay. Learn it. Love it. Live it.
  • Zoltar
    Zoltar
    Why I have to waste time reporting botter?
    All reported botter - multiboxer still there! In same places ...From weeks!
    I'm sorry but I don't care to report them anymore! IMHO ...Seems to be useless!

Cheers!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most blatant CE (cheat engine) users has returned. I guess that there is no such thing as a permaban for this game.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most blatant CE (cheat engine) users has returned. I guess that there is no such thing as a permaban for this game.

Even uses the same name just an added extra letter lol they love to ban people because it sells another copy of the game. That's all that is needed to bypass a permaban
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you have proof that it is indeed the same person that is avoiding a ban then forward it to ZOS and report them.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a group of 4 people in thornblade all are currently emperors. Have titles and brag about stats. Cant get emp of them when no group can kill them
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    There is a group of 4 people in thornblade all are currently emperors. Have titles and brag about stats. Cant get emp of them when no group can kill them

One campaign have only 1 emperor and is only buffed in his campaign.

They are just trolling!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 28, 2017 2:51PM
  • DangerousFiZiX
    DangerousFiZiX
    Soul Shriven
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    No perma bans, warnings first.

Cheater^
    Edited by DangerousFiZiX on April 29, 2017 7:22AM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

One campaign have only 1 emperor and is only buffed in his campaign.

They are just trolling!

No i got queued into every campaign to see all emps. Its not them. One of them are emp but 4 more all have title too. Active emps. Some sort of glitch i think
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were emp when a campaign was closed, they kept the titles.
    I don't know if ZOS ever fixed that.
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    Multi Boxing is all I have ever seen, and lots of it. Hacking no if it was they did it well enough that I couldn't tell it.
    Not Every Player Is a Guy FFS
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »
    Multi Boxing is all I have ever seen, and lots of it. Hacking no if it was they did it well enough that I couldn't tell it.

So if someone used Cheat Engine to bump there regen by 500 you wouldn't notice. Same as any small increase in any stat you will never see.

Fly around Cyrodill raining infinite meteors is a definitely nono.

Streamers being video'ed using 2 Mundus stones and eternal hunt nothing done then continue to stream.

LegendaryCheater, Who won duelling tourneys and busted for CheatEngine, temp ban he back in game.

ESO has 0 defense on adjusting a stat by a small margin. All Z0$ done was add some algorithms to detect blatant cheating (1 million stamina etc etc).

Every dungeon, achievement, leader board has been exploited multiple times over multiple 'patches'.

When the company cant take responsibility to police there own game or nurture an exploit free environment its a bad sign to me. When a company doesn't act on players policing the game for them then i have to question how serious they are. When i look at this thread, which was fought, made and remade with Z0$ and finally stickied have 0 Z0$ replies in ~ 9months+ it is truly confirmed that combating Cheating in ESO is beyond Z0$.

EDIT:
    (Please exclude the worthless forum sweeping posts of Z0$ MODS as they hold 0 relevant information regarding to the game or combating cheating)
    (Also worth noting the last post from Jessica was to get back to a player who took time out of his day to ask a question that she was going to look into and get back to him - No reply given).

2ND EDIT:

I know @ZOS_JessicaFolsom you do little on the forums but surely if you said you would get back to a players question in this topic months ago, why no reply from yourself?. Surely you hold some personal regard for carrying out tasks you agreed to do?
    Edited by KingMagaw on May 4, 2017 5:10PM
  • Alkaline_k9
    Would it possible to come up with a way to circumvent activity finder queue jumping by queuing for roles inappropriate for the character build? Perhaps once a player selects a dungeon role for their character they get to change it once for free, after that it costs an increasing amount of gold to do so (perhaps make it a free change with a skills reset as well or something). I am tired (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) of queuing into a dungeon only to have the team be completely unsuitable due to a damage dealer queuing as a healer or a tank to get in quicker. In normal dungeons it doesn't make the dungeon unplayable (I still resent the queue jumper, but the dungeon can still be completed easily enough if the other players are good enough too) however it can completely ruin a vet dungeon - like when I tried vet WGT last week and had a two handed sword wielding dragon knight with no healing abilities assigned as our healer, when I asked him why he queued as a healer he replied because it was taking too long for him to get in as a damage role). I know that this could cause a problem for players forming their own custom groups and then using the activity finder to get the damage buff, however I'm sure the only people who would seriously object to this idea would be people who use this exploit to get into dungeons quickly by choosing roles inappropriate to their build. As someone who has both a tank and several damage builds I can appreciate how much quicker it is to find a group as a tank than it is as a damage role, however I don't resort to queue jumping to get my damage dealers in faster. Sorry for the rant, this is a bit of a pet peeve.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Okay ZOS:
    1. There are ALOT of bots in PC servers! Same cycles 24/7 all day everyday. Various all over Tamriel. Bangkorai and Rivenspire ones are the usual I bump on. Reporting them ingame apparently doesn't work.
    2. There was a player standing on top of a rock near a dolmen that is farmed normally. But this player is doing light attacks with a fire staff all day and never moves... player gets credit for the dolmen because his auto hits deal some damage to the daedra. The daedra cannot hurt him at all because he is atop the rock...
    3. Excused botting is bad rolemodel for others to follow! Please look into this serious botting issue.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post (Can delete)
    Edited by KingMagaw on May 4, 2017 5:10PM
  • murphishnessb16_ESO
    murphishnessb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just came across 3 different bot powerleveling trains each containing around 10 characters in Kerbols Hollow.

Its soo blatant I dont see how they can get away with it especially as they seemed to be all extremely high level so have been doing it for some time...
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, was trying to find a way to report this Kerbol's Hollow thing also. It's a big custer **** all spamming heavy attack and clannfears on wolves and werewolves. Carved hills in Betnikh is another one like this doing the same thing on wolves, not to mention the afk dolmen grinders on rocks. So sick of this and never a gm around....but ehhh....Zos loves bot support.
    Xbox na
    Edited by LadyDestiny on May 5, 2017 3:20PM
  • Soundso
    Soundso
    ✭✭✭✭
    This morning at Kerbols PC EU server.

viewer.php?img=Screenshot_20170505_0957192G0MZX.png

viewer.php?img=Screenshot_20170505_095810GN03K6.png
    Edited by Soundso on May 5, 2017 5:00PM
    Yours faithfully,
    Shnurr from Shnurr's Traditional Skooma Manufacture™.

Tamriels highest quality skooma! 100% organic! Very best prices! Don't forget that only Shnurr's Social Skooma Manufacture™ donates hot soup for poor hungry Khajiit orphans! Order now and get a 10% discount!

What our customers say: "Without Shnurr's skooma, this one's feet were wet and cold, after using this amazing product, they were dry and warm. Thank you Shnurr!"
    -Raz-
  • tradewith2017
    ZOS again scammed us with their stupid script
    look at this topic
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342212/zos-please-explain-new-punish-system-307-for-non-combat-leveleing/p1

with who they fighting like this??

with multiboxers? no, they can bypass
    with bots? no, they can bypass

they fighting with us, honest players!!
    its just ridiculous

nothing to say
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    look at this topic
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342212/zos-please-explain-new-punish-system-307-for-non-combat-leveleing/p1

its just ridiculous

nothing to say

So you have other players fighting mobs while you stand around and script a few button presses to not get kicked? Since you arent actually playing the game to get XP, you should be booted for being AFK.
  • tradewith2017
    look at this topic

its just ridiculous

nothing to say

So you have other players fighting mobs while you stand around and script a few button presses to not get kicked? Since you arent actually playing the game to get XP, you should be booted for being AFK.

you already can be booted for inactivity, its difefrent
  • qqqwerty
    qqqwerty
    Soul Shriven
    An Horde of bots are coming over from the nearest shrine to Myrkwasa Dolmen as soon as the Dolmain becomes active and traveling back as soon as it is complete. The cycle repeats itself.

If this is normal, why would anybody bother farming manually? Or why play the game at all?

9BkgUzK.jpg
    3BOXTUb.jpg
    Edited by qqqwerty on May 8, 2017 10:10AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qqqwerty wrote: »
    An Horde of bots are coming over from the nearest shrine to Myrkwasa Dolmen as soon as the Dolmain becomes active and traveling back as soon as it is complete. The cycle repeats itself.

If this is normal, why would anybody bother farming manually? Or why play the game at all?

9BkgUzK.jpg
    3BOXTUb.jpg

Are you sure they weren't just players farming for jewellery drops from Dolmens? Or were they not using the shrine at all?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
This discussion has been closed.